• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Ultimate Social Thread: Under Construction. Be Back Soon!

What are you most excited about for E3?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
My take on this is that considering how I didn't like people going "DK's fine now, we got K.Rool! Dixie? Never heard of her!" I don't like the idea that Dark Samus as an echo is enough for the Prime games. Sure, she got lucky but goddammit Sakurai why the hell does Dark Samus not have her goddamn Scattershot?

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
if you take the second and fourth letters from 'jane', swap them around, swap them around, you get 'EA' - the true masterminds behind super smash brothers' malicious DLC practices

now, what's smash full of? that's right, nintendo characters. and what are nintendo games? that's right, games for babies. and what kind of games do babies play? yup, educational games. therefore, smash is an educational game - we could shorten that to an 'edu' game, but that still seems too long-winded. how about 'ed' instead, like the old ed edd and eddy cartoon? that's right, kids love cartoons for babies.

now, what if we were to put these two related factors - 'EA', and 'ed' - together, arranging the pieces back to front from second to first?

yup
Mr. EAD from F-Zero?!?!?!?!

1555886445535.png

Finally, it's been too long!

D

Deleted member

Characters can now be deconfirmed by a random group of fans deciding they don't think they're hype enough
Yeah man Geno isn't hype enough I'm sorry to say but there's no way he'll ever get in Smash, Better luck next time Geno.

Seriously man chill that's not what they're saying.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
My take on this is that considering how I didn't like people going "DK's fine now, we got K.Rool! Dixie? Never heard of her!" I don't like the idea that Dark Samus as an echo is enough for the Prime games. Sure, she got lucky but goddammit Sakurai why the hell does Dark Samus not have her goddamn Scattershot?
Not to mention her defining ability, the clones, are relegated to a victory screen.
Dammit.

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
I feel like I'm shouting straight into a wall and I'm shouting so hard I'm Just making an enourmous idiot out of myself.

Again

I think the people telling me "you don't understand" are right about a lot, although quite a lot being thrown at me shows people are listening to me as much as I'm listening to Them.

That's not An excuse, it Just makes me a hypocrite. A salty hypocrite. My responses only make it worse at this point.

I'll cool off before I start again. This sentence originally contained An insult so yeah, I need rest.

Again

See you Tomorrow, I suppose

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
See, I kinda understand that as cloning is tricky, how do you incorporate it? And how would you have the Switch handle a minimum of 16 Dark Samus' at the same time?
:ulticeclimbers: dont say that in front of popo man

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
See, I kinda understand that as cloning is tricky, how do you incorporate it? And how would you have the Switch handle a minimum of 16 Dark Samus' at the same time?
Same way I handle having 8 Jokers and 8 Arsene's on screen at the same time:

Have the clone come out for a few attacks, and then phase back into Dark Samus.
Or at least have them contribute to the giant final smash laser like in Prime 3.

Last edited:

vaanrose

Let's Mosey
NNID
vaanrose
3DS FC
1762-2697-1591
Switch FC
SW-4679-3965-5961
Thanks for writing that up. I just want to add something about the file string. They're not even 'really' seperate files because maya does deal with multiple extensions. Specifically, hair cache files save as those long strings with '.mb' before the mchp's name. I posted this image in the past, but you can see the file names look exactly like what was found (I maked it in red):

View attachment 210833
(should be able to click on the image to see bigger)
I tested this myself and can confirm "[x].mb_hairSystemShape.mchp" is the way Maya automatically handles hair system cache filenames. Joker and Jane are 100% connected and she is not Jill, Lara or any other random girl with a ponytail.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
I tested this myself and can confirm "[x].mb_hairSystemShape.mchp" is the way Maya automatically handles hair system cache filenames. Joker and Jane are 100% connected and she is not Jill, Lara or any other random girl with a ponytail.
oh **** lads

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Hey, while you're here, just wanted to say thanks for that write-up. You clearly put some effort to it, and it was really educational.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Well rest in pieces staindgrey staindgrey , it looks like it's Jane or nothing.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

you killed grey. how could you

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
staindgrey staindgrey with the banhammer boutta roll in

D

Deleted member

Welcome back, Vaanrose!
How is that game of yours going?

Last edited by a moderator:

Noipoi

Howdy!
jane spazzes even more.gif

I LIVE I DIE I LIVE AGAIN

D

Deleted member

Vaan really ending the Jill Shills just as they started.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
You know what that means, fellas.

It's Janeboards time.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Well that was fast. So much for the Jill train.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Jane Gang has died and resurrected more times this week than Krillin.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
There was enough budget for only that or floating, but not both.

Roberk

Smash Champion
>Sakurai adds an update for DLC alt costumes and Jane is one of them.
You heard it here first.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Second: why does Everyone blindly assume the DLC van simply not be 1st party?
In their defense, the stage/music list and separate Spirit Board structure seems tailored to accommodate third parties, with some exceptions it’s harder to justify a character from a represented first party game to bring all that without it looking like scraping the bottom of the barrel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom