• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Ultimate's almost out. Pretty much got my serious team finalized.
Zero/Vergil/Doom is my best bet on using a team that can actually win and one that suits me.

I kinda want to use Viper instead of Doom, but I feel that Doom's assist is way too good to pass up on.
Vipers too much of a meter hog for an anchor tbh. It wouldn't really work out with Vergil and Zero probably. Vipers kinda a point character.

Also, happy birthday.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Vipers too much of a meter hog for an anchor tbh. It wouldn't really work out with Vergil and Zero probably. Vipers kinda a point character.

Also, happy birthday.
Yeah, I figured as much. I'll probably figure out a casual team that revolves around her just for fun.

And thanks.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
I think Zero/Vergil/Sent would work best. Cause you already play Sent right? And those drones would help both Zero and Vergil out a lot. And Sents not a bad anchor. Doom's better though, but I don't think plasma beams better than sped up drones.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Doom is going to be ridic, Twists. Seriously. Capcom buffed him in every respect. Hell, they even gave him Vanilla Wolverine's dive kick.

You do have a point about Sent drones, though. I can definitely see some sick cross-up opportunities for Zero and Vergil thanks to those things.

Smooth Criminal

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Reading through these changes makes me so glad I stopped caring about this game early on.

Chances of me buying Ultimate are looking slimmer and slimmer.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Doom is going to be ridic, Twists. Seriously. Capcom buffed him in every respect. Hell, they even gave him Vanilla Wolverine's dive kick.

You do have a point about Sent drones, though. I can definitely see some sick cross-up opportunities for Zero and Vergil thanks to those things.

Smooth Criminal
Yeah I know, Dooms gonna be good, probably overused. New groundbounce dive kick, mashable hypers (including lvl3), faster gun and he gets to keep his easy *** vanilla loops AND HIS TWO MEGA ******** ASSISTS???

Oh Capcom.. I cannot believe you nerfed Tron, Jill, and Haggar and buffed the **** out of Doom, Dorm, and Wesker. Please tell me why there's a ******** monkey balancing your games.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
keep doing what you are doing Capcom.

No need to listen to people who don't realize Doom and Dorm should be the best characters in the game.

**** Wesker.

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
Nah the man with the zombie plan all day. Also, Spencer buffs are you serious. -______- Still waiting for Frank, he will be the deciding factor if I use the Team I really wanted to use Ghost Rider, Strange, Frank West if not

Ghost Rider, Phoenix Wright, Vergil

Minato

穏やかじゃない
GENERIC LUCKY STAR BANNER PICTURE THAT I STOLE FROM PHOTOBUCKET GOOOOOOO
LOL Thanks, Smooth.
Oh, and happy birthday. Minato.
Thanks, PTZR.
I think Zero/Vergil/Sent would work best. Cause you already play Sent right? And those drones would help both Zero and Vergil out a lot. And Sents not a bad anchor. Doom's better though, but I don't think plasma beams better than sped up drones.
I've been thinking about doing that if my team doesn't do as well compared to one with Sent. I'm worried about the whole zoning aspect being buffed which makes me want a faster assist with durability (or even Hidden Missiles depending on the matchup). But then again, Drones are being sped up.

I guess I will try to consider Sent instead of Doom since Drones are pretty good.
Plus I won't have to worry about the Phoenix matchup as Sent anymore.

I am pretty confident that Zero and Vergil will make a strong duo though. Vergil's assist works pretty well and the DHCs with them work well both ways.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Yeah Zero and Vergils gonna work better than Zero and Dante... ****.

I think Strider and Vergils gonna be the same way now that I know Strider doesn't eat meter for breakfast.

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
Well I know how people preferred Tron or Haggar's broken *** assist. I however love dante's Jam Session. That thing helped Chris out so much. Plus it gives me the ability to use it in a Chris combo after the OTG, Jam Session, M Nade, Nade Super, Flame Thrower, Sweep Combo. Now that Sweep Combo Machien Gun part otg's I won't have to worry about whiffing after a ground bounce combo anymore.

_Dice

Smash Ace
Yeah I know, Dooms gonna be good, probably overused. New groundbounce dive kick, mashable hypers (including lvl3), faster gun and he gets to keep his easy *** vanilla loops AND HIS TWO MEGA ******** ASSISTS???

Oh Capcom.. I cannot believe you nerfed Tron, Jill, and Haggar and buffed the **** out of Doom, Dorm, and Wesker. Please tell me why there's a ******** monkey balancing your games.
Haggar got buffed... at least for those of us who actually used him and not just lariat assist.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move

I dont know what you been smoking on but putting Doom in the same ranks as Dorm(who is somehow also in the same ranks as Dark Wesker?) and Wesker is loltarded. Doom had some godlike assists and some great corner loops but he was still pretty ****ing terrible. He needed some buffs to actually be usable as more than anything other than an assist/by anyone other than clockwork.

Vlade

Social Outcast
Yeah Zero and Vergils gonna work better than Zero and Dante... ****.

I think Strider and Vergils gonna be the same way now that I know Strider doesn't eat meter for breakfast.
I dunno, Jam Session is pretty godlike for Zero, and Zero/Dante DHC synergy is really good, but we'll have to wait and see when the game actually comes out. I'd like to play Vergil if he suits Zero well actually.

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
Yes Vergil WILL SUIT Zero extremely well, anyone who can either Devil Trigger or power up while rekkoha is still on the field and have a move that either is Dante's J.S (Vergils J Down H), or Logan's Dive kick is pretty good with Zero, Vergil has a untechable hard knockdown super, Don't get so Cocky, or the Maximum Vergil if that's what people are gonna call it, so essentially, you can either DHC to rekkoha, or if in the corner, DHC to Sogenmu, Tiger knee air QCFH (S, j.m, Air QCFH) x2,QCFH, Jam session Buster during it, Rekkoha or Genmu Zero. Zero, Dante, Vergil sounds great already

Also Frank West and RR are gonna be revealed tomorrow.

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
They revealed them in the europe thing, but are gonna reveal the trailers to everyone on halloween. Sources from someone who went to the Con

Some hints he told me

RR Can burrow, has a lot of traps, face clawing

Frank West, I heard rumors that he can vomit...? I hope not.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
They revealed them in the europe thing, but are gonna reveal the trailers to everyone on halloween. Sources from someone who went to the Con

Some hints he told me

RR Can burrow, has a lot of traps, face clawing

Frank West, I heard rumors that he can vomit...? I hope not.
http://shoryuken.com/2011/10/29/umvc3-frank-west-and-rocket-racoon-twitter-teasers/
Rocket Raccoon and Frank West coming v soon now. both totally unique chars, can’t wait to see what people do w these two..
With Frank, expect photography, drinking, ridiculous weapons, zombies and… vomiting?
Rocket Raccoon rocket-skating in as we speak. Big guns, face-clawing, tricks, traps, and… burrowing.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
I dont know what you been smoking on but putting Doom in the same ranks as Dorm(who is somehow also in the same ranks as Dark Wesker?) and Wesker is loltarded. Doom had some godlike assists and some great corner loops but he was still pretty ****ing terrible. He needed some buffs to actually be usable as more than anything other than an assist/by anyone other than clockwork.
I didn't, but they didn't need that many buffs. They're all high tier imo and I've always thought Doom is underrated as hell like Spencer, low-high tier imo, Dorms just high tier and Weskers tops. So yeah.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
ehh, I've always considered doom/spencer to be more mid tier characters. Granted my definition for a mid tier character is one that's great as long as you have team support but falls apart one on one. Like, Doom can do crazy **** with good assists backing him up, but he's pretty useless on his own, or even with just one assist if your anchor doesnt have some godlike assist.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/rr-fw-tidbits-by-yours-truly.148358/

Rocket Raccoon:
-Has a hyper like Dante's Million Dollar. A stream of bullets, followed by a big blue energy ball that tracked slowly to the opponent. Opponent dummy was not blocking in trailer, but I believe it's possible to do mixups like Dormammu's
-Has a hyper in which he digs a hole... and then an explosion. A big one. I couldn't tell what happened. It was the trailer finisher, but I'm pretty sure it's a Level 3.
-He layed traps and pulled off guns out of nowhere during the trailer.
-Golden Hsien Ko showed up in his trailer, going crazy for about 5 seconds. Rocket Raccoon is nowhere to be seen though.
-Has a kinda normal voice, little accent nothing extreme, talks during opening and win pose.
-In his win pose, he comes up to the camera real, real close and talks ****, while pointing a knife-like object to you with a freakin' scary face. Kinda like Deadpool, only scarier.
--------- Quite positive Groot makes an appearance but I didn't look for him, never seen him before until someone asked me 'is Groot in?'

Frank West:
-Has a hyper in which he uses Double Chainsaw and throws them at you (didn't pick this up myself, my friend next to me did)
-Trailer finisher looks like his TvC Hyper with Servbot, opponent is stuck with a Servbot head (shoutouts to IPW's deer head) and then just gives you a beatdown
-Takes pictures with his camera several times during trailer.
-Hits with all kind of weapons, I can only remember a baseball bat
-Uses zombies to immobilze opponent
-Gets grabbed by one zombie during winpose, complains 'why do they always go for me' and yanks him away, walks off screen but then returns after 2 seconds followed by a horde of zombies.
------- No Real Megabuster or blue armor shown.

Vita version
-Speed is horrible
-Hyper activation has a lot of delay
-Controls just doesn't work for me (then again, neither do pads for me) Managed to do Zero ABC air BBCS Hyper XFC Hyper though
-Looks greaaat

Top Bottom