• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

Wolydarg

Smash Journeyman
Hey, quick question, I'm planning on buying a PS3/MvC3 when it comes out, should I get in on these BF deals or wait till holiday sales or wait until closer to launch and snag stuff off craigslist/ebay?

Right now Amazon has a sick deal (http://shoryuken.com/content/hori-playstation-3-real-arcade-pro-3-fighting-stick-60-2528/) that I'm rather tempted to buy, but only being able to use it for vanilla SFIV on my PC seems like it could kinda be a waste. Is it even necessary to play MvC3 on a stick? The Ps3 pad isn't that bad for fighting games, right?

DLO

Smash Journeyman
The Ps3 pad is the BEST pad for fighting games, next to the Gc one. I suggest you to get a stick anyway,59$ doesn't seem much and you can customize it.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
PS3 pad is terrible. The 360 controller is the best controller you can get. For some reason, I have to tell everyone that they are supposed to use the analogue stick when they pick it up... so yeah...

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
If you buy other fighting games definitely get a stick. What's nice is we have a local place here that has game nights AND they custom make sticks so even if I have to dish out $120 for mine, if it's really good idc.

In which in regards to other fighting games I highly suggest getting SSF4.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
There's also the six button pads for you to try out. A friend of mine used one until he got a stick.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
I can never, EVER get the hang of sticks. I'm much more of a pad guy than a joystick one. Like, the joystick never moves exactly like it should and stuff, and the button layout tends to be odd in general compared to the good stuff like the PS3 controller. How anyone can play fighters on that crazy 360 pad is beyond me.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
the 360 pad and the ps3 pad arent that different imo. Coming from a dude that plays with both. The only thing different is that the stick is good on 360 but the pad is good on ps3.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
look at the link minato posted. It says no new fighter THIS week (last week now), updates will resume next week (this week) so its basically implying that something new is getting revealed. Hopefully chars.

kr3wman

Smash Master
on the marvel 3 site every week they post stuff about a character. The week before was Arthur week, etc.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
i didnt say anything about that. >_>

i said they said updates this week and i hope theyre chars. they might not be. if theyre not i want some info on the id cards.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Yeah, they'll probably announce like a couple of returning characters that most of us figured would be in the game. Not that that's a bad thing necessarily.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
i wasnt responding to you. lol

i was talkin to the dude who said haggar and i said they have never revealed 4 brand new chars back to back.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
oh lol.

Well if they revealed Haggar then they only revealed 3 "brand new" characters anyway if the Marvel character is returning

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
Doesn't mean that it's a trend or that it's gonna continue that way. Not like it matters much since they can do what they want lolz.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
I don't think so. It might help my memory if I knew who he mained/what he played or something, but wtf, you live in Alabama? I never thought "Somewhere" would be in my state of all places...
Ya.. >.> shelby county lulz

Top Bottom