• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Phoenix Wright has Fu-Rin-Ka-Zan? wtf?

I gotta admit though, his level 3 is pretty funny. Doesn't translate well to 3D though.

Nova reminds me of a lot of characters mixed together, mostly Super-Skrull and Hulk.

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
PHOENIX WRIIIIIIIIIIIGHT

Nova looks pretty cool, no level 3 though kinda makes me sad. Having a SuperSkrull Inferno, Beam hyper, and a Maximum spider is pretty good though. That slide otg looked good too, though I wonder if you can cancel, or if it has to be done at a certain distance.

DHC opportunities with him looking kind of weak though...I was hoping his Maximum Nova would at least soft knock down. Oh well.

Dat poster

Capcom loves trolling.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I could honestly care less about Nova. He didn't seem all that interesting to me, but maybe my mind will change in the future.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Wright looks down at the ground too much for my liking. Thought he'd be more fighty but instead it looks like he just does stuff that somehow hurts people.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Where is my Rocket Raccoon? Nova was a let down except for his Rocket Hyper. lol @ "human rocket punch!"

About the poster:
1. Capcom puts "Slain" over Mega Man. "OMG THEY ADMIT IT MEGA MAN IS DEAD!"
2. Capcom puts "Apprehended" over Mega Man. "OMG IF THEY HAVE HIM JUST PUT HIM IN!"
3. Capcom puts "unkown" over Mega Man. "OMG WTF IS THIS BULL****!"
4. Capcom doesn't put anything over Mega Man. "OMG WHY IS MEGA MAN THE ONLY ONE!? DLC!>!>! **** YOU!!"
5. Mega Man fans don't jump to conclusions over every little thing and add conspiracy theories to it. lol jk, that'll never happen.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Woooow anyone notice the little gauge that appears when phoenix goes into objection mode?
Looks like if ya don't strike while the evidence is relevant ya waste you're level 3 super.

Also DAT LEVEL 3 SUPER! That thing hits full screen.

That just goes to show...
*sunglasses*
that theres no escape from the law

OBJECTIOOOOOOOOOON~

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Wright's zoning tools look absurd. One of his projectiles is an overhead with hit delay. I can see that being hilariously good with certain assists.

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
It's looking like PW is gonna have to be the focus of a team (why wouldn't you want this anyway?) because I highly doubt his assists are going to be all that good. (Though, if he gets some of his projectiles as assists, I will take this back)

Phoenix wright looks like a lot of fun, and I'm gonna HAVE to try him out.

Hoping for more reveals from comic-con

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
You talking about the giant finger? =p Yea that looks beaaast~

It seems like he gets a diffrent moveset depending on what mode he's in, and they all help him get his task done.

The first mode has that Maya assist that blocks attacks, and the maya super that pushes the opponent back. (it looks like phoenix can act while shes doing that too)

Second mode has FINGER LASERS and what looks like a godlike version of ammys powerslashes. Hell, that mode alone looks hella gay to deal with!

Then the last one just looks insane with all that damage. Good god!

And yea, I think the team would have to be focused around him, but it seems like the payoff could be pretty damn good. Doom missles would probably be reaaallly good too let him get his thang done~

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
It looks like the main goal of pretty much all of Maya's actions is to allow Wright to look for evidence. It seems good evidence is in a white box, while junk is left uncolored, and can apparently be thrown away.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Yeah, I'm definitely making a side team with Phoenix Wright on it. PW/Modok/and someone else. Maybe Dormammu or Strange.
Ultimate is looking way fun compared to Vanilla right now. Lots of interesting new characters/playstyles.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Cyclops: Slain Colossus: Apprehended CapCom: Slain Marrow: Slain
Ruby Heart: Apprehended Iceman: Slain Jin: Slain Gambit: Apprehended
Hayato: Apprehended Psylocke: Apprehend Cable: Slain Mega Man: Unknown
Rogue: Apprehended SonSon: Slain BB Hood: Apprehended Amingo: Slain

If the Apprehended characters show up as DLC I'm cool with that, as for the Slain, I will mourn for these fallen heroes.

Except for Marrow.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
So Mega Man doesn't have Slain or Apprehended on his poster, apparently.
Edit: I guess that's what you meant by unknown.

Either way, I don't mind if he's not really in. But I'll gladly make a team with him like in Marvel 2 for fun if he's in.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
My team is going to have Chris on point and PW in the second slot. My Anchor is still TBA.

Chris is my battery, PW comes in, gets his evidence, and is ready to have some fun with his meter.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
So Mega Man doesn't have Slain or Apprehended on his poster, apparently.
Ummmm..... yeah. The same spot on the X-Men vol.I # 141 had the same spot without a label because it was Wolverine who had yet to be captured. It's a direct reference, even the Slain/Apprehended labels are in the same position

/comic book elitism

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
They're such teases. I have a feeling megaman will be in, but at this point there just ****ing with everyone. =p Capcom has always been godlike at raising hype (and trolling) like this.

Btw, has anyone noticed how much health phoenix has? In the vid he Nova really dug into him with a few hits, but later he took sentinels combo like it was a joke. He was in diffrent modes though so maybe he gains additional attributes like iron fist depending on what mode hes in.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Wright has been hit by a speeding car and sent flying into a light pole with no serious injuries.

He better tank hits. :mad088:

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
so PW can gather up to 3 pieces of evidence on the ground

he can use them to use his level 3, which otg's. so far we have only seen him use it to finish off characters with really low health, so either its damage is really low or capcom is just teasing us by not showing us how much damage it really does. considering that he has to use all his evidence to level 3, i'm betting its damage is very high

also

he can chose to use the evidence to do a level 1 power up super, which gives him a very large power boost. if he has 3 pieces of evidence, this powerup lasts a REALLY long time. it also allows him to point gigantic fingers at the opponent, one of which ground bounces.

he can also gather meat to heal himself, and also throw items.

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
It doesn't cost meter to power up.

It just looks like you need three pieces of evidence and then hit with the OBJECTION attack.

So far, I think my go to team will be Spencer/Nemesis/Nova. My other team will probably be Wright/RR/some other third character

Gates

Banned via Warnings
[So I should preface this by saying that since my feelings towards the game are pretty clear, I can't bring myself to call this game an MvC game. Instead I'm just going to call it by another name.]

My team is going to have Chris
WHY!?

Chris is a horrible, horrible character. You could pick any other character in the entire game and your team would be exponentially better for it. Chris has very limited offensive options, bad defensive options, poor zoning, and damage that's average at best. He was one of the worst characters in the entire game in Shaq Fu and I seriously doubt that he'll be that much better in Ultimate Shaq Fu.

If you want a good battery, pick Wesker. He still builds ****loads of meter in Ultimate Shaq Fu, he doesn't need supers to be good, and he's getting negligible nerfs (lower health, can't combo off of air throws outside the corner, DHC glitch is gone) with a huge buff (sunglasses damage boost).

This is another thing that bugs me about Shaq Fu and Ultimate Shaq Fu. People are throwing around terms like "anchor" like it's KoF or CvS2 instead of a MvC game. And the problem is that, with the way the mechanics work in Shaq Fu thanks to X-Factor, the game DOES work more like KoF than MvC2.

In MvC2, you didn't design your teams based on Point/Second/Anchor, you designed them around one central goal and optimized it around that goal. Because of that, you had characters on your team that were not so great and that couldn't hang with the top tiers but were still extremely valuable because of their good assist or good super to DHC into. Captain Commando is the perfect example of this. CapCom is really bad on point, but he has the best assist in the game for controlling air space and Sentinel can use it in fly combos. Because he had these powerful attributes that he could bring to the table, he was in many of the most common and successful MvC2 teams throughout the lifespan of the game.

In Shaq Fu you can just throw any three schmucks together and win. You can (and should) be a bit more focused than that though, like maybe one of your schmucks has a good assist that somehow benefits the other schmucks, or maybe two of your schmucks can abuse the DHC glitch. But in general, your team is designed around whichever one of your schmucks can use X-Factor the best, just like in KoF (and especially KoFXIII with its desparation meter thing). This makes the teambuilding aspect of MvC2, which was integral to the game, almost an afterthought in Shaq Fu.

What's even worse is that I think that this is how the development team of the game genuinely thought an MvC game was supposed to work. The more I see of Shaq Fu and Ultimate Shaq Fu, the more I feel like nobody who worked on the game knew anything about MvC2. I honestly think that they didn't know how DHCs were supposed to work, how important resets were, and how essential team synergy is. I know Seth Killian worked on the game, but he's never been a Marvel player. S-Kill was a Super Turbo pro, which is why he had the experience and knowledge to successfully (mostly successfully anyway) balance the SFIV series. But MvC is not SF, so if Capcom was smart they would have pulled in someone else to work on the game. Maybe they could have even gotten Mike Z to work on Shaq Fu instead of SkullgirlS - he's a programmer and a student of MvC2 who was somewhat successful at the game, so I think he would have done a great job of balancing Shaq Fu.

So basically, KoF + TvC = Shaq Fu, when it should have been MvC2 + better balancing = MvC3.

also

he can chose to use the evidence to do a level 1 power up super, which gives him a very large power boost. if he has 3 pieces of evidence, this powerup lasts a REALLY long time. it also allows him to point gigantic fingers at the opponent, one of which ground bounces.
I'm fairly certain that's not how it works at all. What Yars said is correct, he just needs to get 3 pieces of evidence and land an Objection attack and then he gets a permanent power and speed boost and he can use his level 3. This is activated automatically when you hit with an Objection.

Oh, and meat only heals red health.

Also, I wanna go over some of these changes.
Note 4: When you launch the enemy in the air with a Special Attack, hold the button down and your character will automatically super jump to follow the launched opponent. (This can be turned on or off in the Options menu.)
Well that's...kind of unnecessarily scrubby. Seriously, who asked for this? It it really that hard to just press up?
Note 5: The window for Aerial Exchange Counters has been adjusted, making it easier to land one.
Great, now there's even less reason to use them unless you're Fanatiq and you're making a cool combo video.
Note 6: If you land a Snap Back attack on an assist character, similar to the landing it on the point character, the assist will become unavailable for a short period of time.
Assists are temporarily unavailable after snapbacks anyway. Is it locked out for longer? What is the point of this?
Note 8: Overall meter building has been reduced to around 90% of what it was before.
No problem with that.
Note 9: In Shaq Fu, the amount of hit stun caused by assists was fixed, but in Ultimate Shaq Fu hit stun caused by assists will also be subject to hit stun deterioration during combos.
Good.
Note 10: For characters who have 8-way dashes, the speed on their down-back air dash has been slightly decreased.
I really don't see the point of this. I mean it's not like you have Magneto and Storm Tri-jumping to build meter in Shaq Fu like you did in MvC2, so what is the point of this exactly?

Alright, I'm done now. You guys can go back to trying to convince Serris that Phoenix needed nerfs now and then him not listening to you at all.

(Damn you Minato, you made me switch to Vibrant just so I can read your posts)

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
chris actually looks good in ultimate, since he can fire his qcf moves in the air after the regular gun now

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
If you hate the game so much Gates why post in the thread meant to specifically talk ABOUT the game?
This.

Also he should stop trying to be funny.

Anyways.

I'm looking forward to Ultimate so much.

Can't wait to hit the training room and see what you can do combo wise with aerial X-Factor.

I'm seeing Dr Doom being able to do some insane things, same with Sentinel.

Hard Drive>X-Factor>aerial combo in corner.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Sorry about that Gates, haha.

Phoenix Wright (and Nova) is on stream being demo'ed by Seth. Phoenix's useful evidence are actually pretty good for keep away. Level 3 does 600k, and Missile assist does hit low. His "trip" is an overhead. It's not a random trip like Brawl.

Top Bottom