• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Infinite Project (Finally Finished!???)

Which title should we use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
People are gonna be drawn in by different things and have different tastes, not everyone's gonna agree with the movesets, so on and so forth, especially given how big Smash's scope has gotten. If we don't want any risks at all we might as well just can the entire project.
Oh god, this is such a bad take. When you pay for a full game, you know at least a majority of the content you're getting and aren't paying for characters as much as mechanics, modes and the engine - as well as returning content. Season Passes are entirely new content where you are paying specifically for characters.

Also, frankly if I was making a game and I could only possibly do it with season passes I'D ****ING CANCEL IT.
Passes are typically for the diehard fans who know they're gonna get everything regardless.

You still have the option to buy stuff seperately if you prefer that.
But they are not advertised in such a manner - it is never explicitly stated - or even implied - anywhere that passes are intended for diehard fans beyond the "only buy if you're certain" disclaimer, which feels almost intentionally designed as to be drowned out in the banshee shrieks of hype culture.

ahemtoday

Smash Ace
Oh god, this is such a bad take. When you pay for a full game, you know at least a majority of the content you're getting and aren't paying for characters as much as mechanics, modes and the engine - as well as returning content. Season Passes are entirely new content where you are paying specifically for characters.

Also, frankly if I was making a game and I could only possibly do it with season passes I'D ****ING CANCEL IT.

But they are not advertised in such a manner - it is never explicitly stated - or even implied - anywhere that passes are intended for diehard fans beyond the "only buy if you're certain" disclaimer, which feels almost intentionally designed as to be drowned out in the banshee shrieks of hype culture.
First off, relax.

Secondly, while I'm all for examining the ethicality of even widespread practices, and you have a point about the FOMO nature of season passes, the only alternatives I can think of to the typical "season pass" are inconvenient to the consumer in their own ways.

If the characters are exclusively available individually, that ends up costing the consumer more money in the end because passes are typically cheaper than each pack individually.

If the season pass is only available after all the characters are revealed, then consumers who want all the characters are incentivized to wait for a year at minimum without purchasing any of them until they can get the season pass and save money.

If the characters are revealed the way they are now, but are released all at once, we're showing characters ages before people can actually play as them. If FP2 was done this way, we would be waiting a year and a half to play as Min Min. Unlike a base game, where curiosity about the gameplay experience as a whole can sustain us that long... we'd just be waiting on six characters and six stages. I don't think that's functional.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
First off, relax.

Secondly, while I'm all for examining the ethicality of even widespread practices, and you have a point about the FOMO nature of season passes, the only alternatives I can think of to the typical "season pass" are inconvenient to the consumer in their own ways.

If the characters are exclusively available individually, that ends up costing the consumer more money in the end because passes are typically cheaper than each pack individually.

If the season pass is only available after all the characters are revealed, then consumers who want all the characters are incentivized to wait for a year at minimum without purchasing any of them until they can get the season pass and save money.

If the characters are revealed the way they are now, but are released all at once, we're showing characters ages before people can actually play as them. If FP2 was done this way, we would be waiting a year and a half to play as Min Min. Unlike a base game, where curiosity about the gameplay experience as a whole can sustain us that long... we'd just be waiting on six characters and six stages. I don't think that's functional.
You have made a lot of good points here, but I will be standing by making the character avaliable exclusively individually. However, I will mention your point on price actively goes against the "season passes are only for those who are certain" mentality eschewed by other pro-passers on this thread - and frankly makes SPs even worse since having deals for passes punishes seeing through the BS and making smart purchasing decisions.

Last edited:

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
  • What kind of other DLC do you want us to include? - I think everything should be on the table for DLC. Right now we get a new fighter, stage, music, and spirits. That's good, but I'd like it if we could also add in ATs, items, and side stories for Wishing Stars if possible.
  • How should be our prices? - No real opinion on this one
  • Should we include the Ultimate-style Challenger Packs, a DLC format more like Smash 4, or something entirely new? - The fighters pass method is pretty organized so thats the one I lean towards.
  • Should we do a pass where you can get all the content like in Ultimate? - Leaning towards yes but overall don't care
  • While I don’t think we will go this way, is there any merit in revealing all the dlc characters per season rather than “gradually releasing them”. - Gonna say no on this one. I just don't feel like it fits Smash's reveal style very well. It also can kill off hype if you find everyone out at once
  • How many seasons should we have? - I personally like 3 sets of 5 the most. That feels like more than enough

cashregister9

Smash Hero
If we go with the Ultimate style I'm definitely of the opinion that we should add more per each challenger pack, Maybe an assist per each character?

I also want to put out the idea of an Expansion pack model, like how MMOs do it, Like the DLC are large themed expansion packs that add new fighters, stages, songs, costumes, assists, Items, Smash Dungeon areas and enemies etc. Now this model has it's own large set of issues I just wanted to put that out there as a possibility.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
While I don’t think we will go this way, is there any merit in revealing all the dlc characters per season rather than “gradually releasing them”. - Gonna say no on this one. I just don't feel like it fits Smash's reveal style very well. It also can kill off hype if you find everyone out at once
Kill off the hype? Doesn't fit Smash's current style? I see no downsides.

ahemtoday

Smash Ace
You have made a lot of good points here, but I will be standing by making the character avaliable exclusively individually. However, I will mention your point on price actively goes against the "season passes are only for those who are certain" mentality eschewed by other pro-passers on this thread - and frankly makes SPs even worse since having deals for passes punishes seeing through the BS and making smart purchasing decisions.
When it comes to fighting games, I would venture that the majority of people either don't buy any DLC or buy all the characters. Due to Smash's large casual audience, I think it'd have more people that only buy one or two characters, but people interested in buying all the characters still make up a large percentage of the user base. You're not going to get me on board with charging those people more money just so we can sit on a high horse.

I also can't really agree with your earlier point about season passes being worse than microtransactions. Someone buys a season pass filled with characters they dislike, you've ripped them off once for about thirty bucks. Someone gets addicted to a game that basically requires MTX to play, you're ripping them off until the end of time.

Incidentally, that's not what "eschewed" means. You may be looking for "espoused".

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
Kill off the hype? Doesn't fit Smash's current style? I see no downsides.
Kill off might have been the wrong way to word it, but it does condense it into one moment pretty quick. With spread out reveals you can spread it out more. Steve and Sephiroth were both huge in this pass and helped move the hype meter individually than if they both just got announced on the same day. More sustained buzz over time feels like a better approach

And for the Smash's style point, we've never really had Sakurai go "Ok, here's every single newcomer. Watch and enjoy". It's always been how it's been because a slow drip of reveals keeps people engaged longer

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I’ve always been interested in seeing Smash adopt a “gradual updates” model that’s typical of hero shooters and some fighting games. Basically, every month, a character or two are released. This includes newcomers and veterans for free. However, following the launch of the whole roster, there would be dlc seasons where players can purchase individually or within a pass. This was a model I was going to adopt for Infinite very early on but felt that, since it was something that I’m interested in, there’s probably a fair amount of people not interested in it. It would go against the thread to incorporate something that’s so important to the game without including a consensus. So I dropped it.

That being said, I would to totally be down with the idea of this:
  • You purchase the Season 1 pass
  • You can choose to download the content as it comes out or sleep on it
  • Following the end of the Season, you can either just download the content you passed on OR use the left over funds from the content you passed on (let’s say you didn’t download to challenger packs which total to 13.98) on other content like a later season pass, challenger pack, costumes, stages, etc.
  • If we want to be really crazy, we can make it so you have a month long grace period after a season pass ends to apply for refunds for content you didn’t download. You wouldn’t get the full amount back but passing on a challenger pack which could be 6.99 would be like 5.50

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Job #142: Submit a Monster Hunter Monster as a Boss
While the Monster Hunter may have missed out thanks to two zombie fighting police detectives, that won't stop us from adding a secondary boss that will appear in Classic Mode, Smash Dungeon, Boss Raids, and Wishing Stars. This monster should be one that is popular and powerful but realizable like how Rathalos was. For obvious reasons, we will be preventing Rathaian as well as any subclasses of Rathalos and Rathian from being submitted. In addition, this monster, unlike Rathalos, will be involved in the Wishing Stars storyline. Please see below...

"Ryu, Link, and Meta Knight are walking through a desolate battlefield as they search for one of the Wishing Stars when suddenly they are attacked by the winged terror, Rathalos. The trio prepares to do battle, but Rathalos looks disturbed. A sudden roar echoes in the air, causing the once proud fanged wyvern to screech and flee. Our three heroes prepare for whatever Monster may emerge to confront them...one that caused even Rathalos to flee.@

In addition, this Monster will also serve a secondary purpose following the fight. Much like in Monster Hunter Rise, once defeated, the Monster will aid the player in battle as an ally as they progress into the next arena. Unlike Monster Hunter Rise, the player can't control it.

When submitting, please provide the following information:

• Name​
  • Image​
  • Monster Classification​
  • What does the monster do in battle​
  • What arena is it fought in​

GolisoPower

Smash Master
1628121963312.png

DEVILJHO
Brute Wyvern

Making his debut in Monster Hunter Tri, Deviljho is the Monster Hunter equivalent of that nigh-unstoppable monster from that horror game you've played. Violent, relentless, and unendingly ravenous, the Deviljho will eat literally anything it lays eyes on. Hunters, other monsters, even its own severed tail!

The arena takes place in the Elder's Recess, where you find your first Deviljho in Monster Hunter World. During the battle, the Deviljho can do the following:
  • Much like the Rathalos, Deviljho has localized body parts, being in his head, belly, and tail. They all can be broken for extra damage, as well.
  • Deviljho's A.I. is extremely aggressive, with there being about 2 seconds in between strikes.
  • Charges forwards, like the Rathalos, dealing 11% damage and medium-low knockback.
  • Bites at the player, dealing 9% damage and healing him for that much, too.
  • Scoops upwards with his jaws, and one of the two results will occur:
    • Scoop up a boulder that he will throw, which deals 30% damage and high knockback.
    • Scoop up the player and devours them for a bit like Kirby, dealing 18% damage and healing him for that much.
  • Performs a swinging head thrash that deals 14% damage and medium-high knockback.
  • Jumps forwards, burying anyone unfortunate enough to be underneath him and dealing 6% damage.
  • Every 2 minutes in the match, a Jagras will slither onto the stage, and the first chance he gets, Deviljho will attempt to EAT THAT ***** WHOLE IN ONE GULP, healing himself for 25% of his total health. It is your job to knock that Jagras out of the stage beforehand.
  • Upon reaching 25% of his health, Deviljho will start generating Dragon Energy for the remainder of the match and gain a powerful breath attack that deals 45% damage and effectively serves as the Deviljho's own Daybreak Cannon. He will also become somehow even more aggressive than before.
For his intro, to tell the player he means business, a Rathalos will fall onto the ground wounded before the Big Angry Pickle himself hops onscreen and devours the big guy in just three bites before catching sight of the player, roaring at his next course.

Last edited:

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
View attachment 325269
DEVILJHO
Brute Wyvern

Making his debut in Monster Hunter Tri, Deviljho is the Monster Hunter equivalent of that nigh-unstoppable monster from that horror game you've played. The arena takes place in the Elder's Recess, where you find your first Deviljho in Monster Hunter World. During the battle, the Deviljho can do the following:
  • Much like the Rathalos, Deviljho has localized body parts, being in his head, belly, and tail. They all can be broken for extra damage, as well.
  • Deviljho's A.I. is extremely aggressive, with there being about 2 seconds in between strikes.
  • Charges forwards, like the Rathalos, dealing 11% damage and medium-low knockback.
  • Bites at the player, dealing 9% damage and healing him for that much, too.
  • Scoops upwards with his jaws, and one of the two results will occur:
    • Scoop up a boulder that he will throw, which deals 30% damage and high knockback.
    • Scoop up the player and devours them for a bit like Kirby, dealing 18% damage and healing him for that much.
  • Performs a swinging head thrash that deals 14% damage and medium-high knockback.
  • Jumps forwards, burying anyone unfortunate enough to be underneath him and dealing 6% damage.
  • Every 2 minutes in the match, a Jaggi will slither onto the stage, and the first chance he gets, Deviljho will EAT THAT ***** WHOLE IN ONE GULP, healing himself for 25% of his total health. It is your job to knock that Jaggi out of the stage beforehand.
  • Upon reaching 25% of his health, Deviljho will start generating Dragon Energy for the remainder of the match and gain a powerful breath attack that deals 45% damage and effectively serves as the Deviljho's own Daybreak Cannon. He will also become somehow even more aggressive than before.
For his intro, to tell the player he means business, a Rathalos will fall onto the ground wounded before the Big Angry Pickle himself hops onscreen and devours the big guy in just three bites before catching sight of the player, roaring at his next course.
And we can make the savage version a raid version

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Lagiacrus

The Arena takes place on the shore in front of the ocean.

The Lagiacrus will swim around in the background and will jump up onto the beach and then back

It's abilities are as follows
Breach, Lagiacrus will jump out of the water and land back creating a large splash that affects the stage
Lightning Storm, Lagiacrus will summon many bolts of lightning that strike the stage
Bite, Lagiacrus will leave the water and bite forwards
Trembling Jump, The Lagiacrus will jump out of the water and land on either the left or right side of the stage
Whirlpool bomb, Lagicrus will summon several spinning balls of water that deal damage
Lightning Roar, Lagiacrus will roar and large streaks of Lightning will
Spine Strike, Lagiacrus will summon Lightning from it's spike, The Lightning acts like the Blue Shell item.
Flooding Roar, At Half health Lagiacrus will Roar and flood the stage, and 2 rocks become the only platform, Lagiacrus gains 2 abilities here
Whirlpools, Lagiacrus will swim in a circle dragging enemies and players towards it
Lightning Shock, Lagiacrus will summon lightning that deal intense damage to anyone in the water

Last edited:

Krookodilian

Smash Ace
I dont know anything about Monster Hunter, but here are some more Zelda spirits, I'm almost through with my compiled list of spirits I planned to make for this event.
1628131268021.png
Oshus (The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass)
Class: Ace ★★★
Type: Primary Shield, 3 Slots
Effect: Water Attack ↑
  • Summon from the spirits of Wind Fish, Old Man, and Cetacea
1628132622316.png
Bellum (The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass)
Class: Ace ★★★
Type: Support Grab
Effect: Lifesteal, 2 Slots
  • Puppet Fighter: DJ Octavio (Black), Invisible Zelda (Dark)
  • Stage: Pirate Ship
  • Music Track: Molgera
  • Match: Stock (1)
  • Conditions: The enemy favors Down Special (Zelda), The enemy heals over time (DJ Octavio)
1628133659574.png
Barkle (Freshly-Picked Tingles Rosy Rupeeland)
Class: Novice ★
Type: Support Neutral
Effect: Lightweight, 1 Slot
  • Puppet Fighter: Barista (Green)
  • Stage: Tortimer Island
  • Music Track: Oinker Chef
  • Conditions: Hostile Assist Trophies will appear (Nintendog)
Reasoning:
Oshus: There are three Major whales in Zelda, with Wind Fish being a spirit, Levias being a trophy in smash 4 (has not art), and Oshus is here to fill out the trinity.
Bellum: The evil counterpart to Oshus and final boss of Phantom Hourglass. Was also submitted as an assist here so he has history with Infinite
Barkle: was a sticker in Brawl, makes sense to include with the expanded tingle content including spirits and mii costume.

Personally I'm fine with a season pass for our DLC as it makes it easier to structure out the jobs. I'm also not too convinced its all that predatory as the only loss to waiting for each pack to come out and decide if you want to buy it is 1 dollar each per pack and a Mii costume, which I dont think justifies overhauling the whole system. Ideally buying the whole pass and individual packs would come with the same content at the same price, but buying more for less is a common practice to increase profit with all sorts of products so I'm not too concerned with the ethical implications of it in our project.

Including Assist trophies in Fighter Packs seems like a great idea to make them feel more like base content. I'd also like to increase the spirit board count from 10-15 to around 20-25. (I love making spirits but again makes them more analogous to base series content)

Last edited:

Yiptap

Smash Lord
Some Zelda spirits.

(You could use any of the images, but while I personally prefer the top image ((A high-quality model)), the lower image ((Artwork)) is official artwork and is used more often, but I'll leave it up to the leadership team.)

Kass
Debut Game: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of The Wild
Class: Novice
Type: Support
Effect: Easier Rhythm
Puppet Fighter: Falco (6th/Light Blue alt)
Stage: Great Plateau Tower (Battlefield)
Music Track: Kass's Theme
Conditions: The opponent taunts often, The opponent's aerial attacks have increased power.
Ankle, Knuckle, and David Jr.
Debut Game: The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
Class: Advanced
Type: Primary Grab
Effect: Magic Attack Up
Puppet Fighter: Mii Brawler x 3 (Tingle Mii Costumes)
Stage: Tortimer Island
Music Track: Oinker Chief (Freshly Picked Tingle's Rosey Rupeeland)
Conditions: Random effects affect the stage (These include gravity changes, screen flips, reversed controls, random flower effect).

(Two artworks that could work)
Manhandala
Debut Game: The Legend of Zelda
Class: Advanced
Type: Support
Effect: Physical Attack Up
Puppet Fighter: Giant Piranha Plant x 4 (Green Alt)
Stage: Garreg Mach Monastery (Reception Hall)
Music Track: Hyrule Circuit (Mario Kart 8)
Conditions: The opponents favor neutral and down special.
The only one I see not getting accepted is Kass, but here is my reasoning: Kass was important enough to get his own icon on the Nintendo Switch and got his very own theme on Ultimate. I'll leave it at that.

D

Deleted member

My vote goes to:
1. Takamaru
2. Saki
3. Ray MK III
There are many video game icons to choose from since Takamaru and Barista from Rhythm Heaven have been takened, my vote is for several characters who should be in the series, not just in any of the games:
1. Mach Rider to represent the NES era.
2. Bomberman as a new Konami rep and a cult classic.
3. Chibi Robo
4. Lloyd Irving from Tales of Symphonia - A character yet to be introduced from the Tales series in years as a new Bandai Namco rep. and a major RPG series.
5. Sukapon from Joy mech Fight - Fitting as a potential fighter, owned by Nintendo and somehow fun to play.
6. Ray Mk III from Custom Robo
7. Saki from Sin and Punishment
8. Lip from Panel de Pon - Known for having the Lip's stick in the Smash Bros. series.
9. Mr. Labo - Exclusive for Nintendo Labo on the Switch and probably would have a creative moveset using various Toy Con devices.
10. Balloon Fighter - Potential fighter needed to represent the stage "Balloon Fight" from Smash 4.

tonygameman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3706-2453-6800
I heard from a Discord server that a SNK spirit prompt is on hiatus and these characters/series are missed (considering that Mai is one of the important characters in Fatal Fury, Ukyo & Genjuro are prominent, Athena is the original SNK mascot before Terry/Nakoruru and Crystalis & Magician Lord aren't often brought up in SNK-related discussions; didn't bring Metal Slug up as you know me), but I'm not sure if it's open right now, so I'll just leave these here.

Mai Shiranui (Fatal Fury)
Debut: Fatal Fury 2
Artwork: Real Bout Fatal Fury Special
Type: Primary (Attack)
Class: Ace - :starman::starman::starman:
Effect: Fire Attack ↑
  • Puppet Fighter: :ultbayonetta1: (Color 6; Red Bayonetta 1 Outfit)
  • Stage: 3D Land (Ω Version; references Mai's stage in Fatal Fury 2)
  • Music Track: Flame Dragon God - Fatal Fury 2 (on a music submission document)
  • Match: Stamina (160 HP)
  • Rule: Jump Power ↓
  • Conditions:
    • Stamina battle.
    • All fighters have reduced jump power.
    • The enemy's kicks and knee strikes have increased power.
Ukyo Tachibana (Samurai Shodown)
Debut: Samurai Shodown
Artwork: Samurai Shodown II
Type: Primary (Defense)
Class: Advanced - :starman::starman:
Effect: Trade-Off Attacks ↑ (references him being able to fight despite suffering from tuberculosis)
  • Puppet Fighter: Marth (Color 5)
  • Stage: Gaur Plain (Ω Version/Night; references Gairyu Isle, his and Haohmaru's stage in the first game)
  • Music Track: Inside Murasame Castle - Samurai Warriors 3 or The Man Time - Samurai Shodown
  • Rule: Attack Power ↑
  • Conditions:
    • Stamina battle.
    • The enemy's melee weapons have increased power.
    • The enemy prefers back aerials.
    • The enemy has increased attack power when the enemy's at high damage (Rage gauge).
Genjuro Kibagami (Samurai Shodown)
Debut: Samurai Shodown II
Artwork: Samurai Shodown IV: Amakusa's Revenge
Type: Primary (Attack)
Effect: Killing Edge Equipped
  • Puppet Fighter: Takamaru (as his moveset has some aspects from Samurai Shodown as I remember from a original post)
  • Stage: Suzaku Castle (Ω Version; closest I can find for a background based on his SS2 stage, Susukigahara Field)
  • Music Track: Gaia - Samurai Shodown
  • Rule: Item: Swords
  • Conditions:
    • Stamina battle.
    • The enemy starts the battle with a Killing Edge.
    • The enemy prefers sword attacks.
    • The enemy has increased attack power when the enemy's at high damage.
Simea (Crystalis)
Debut/Artwork: Crystalis
Type: Primary (Defense)
Effect: Slumber Immunity (references the game's start, where the pair recently awakening from cryogenic suspension)
  • Puppet Fighter: :ultlink: (Color 3), :ultzelda: (Color 7; Mesia)
  • Stage: Skyloft (Ω Version; references the floating tower which Draygon seeks to control)
  • Music Track: Overworld Theme - The Legend of Zelda (Original) (references a comparison between it and the original NES Zelda game)
  • Conditions:
    • The enemy (:ultlink:) prefers sword attacks.
    • The enemy's (:ultlink:) melee attacks have increased power.
    • The enemy starts the battle with a Ore Club (references the Sword of Wind).
Elta (Magician Lord)
Debut/Artwork: Magician Lord (manual - fan-colored)
Type: Primary (Grab)
Class: Legend - :starman::starman::starman::starman:
Effect: Magic Attack ↑
  • Puppet Fighter: :ultrobin: (Color 5; Blue Male)
  • Reinforcements: :ultcharizard: (Color 3; Dragon Warrior), :ultsquirtle: (Waterman), :ultgreninja: (Color 1; Poseidon), :ultsheik: (Color 3; Shinobi), Takamaru (Samurai), :ultpikachu: (Color 1; Raijin)
  • Stage: Bridge of Eldin
  • Music Track: Cross Your Heart or Dale of Evil Gods - Magician Lord
  • Rule: Magic and PSI Unleashed
  • Conditions:
    • The enemy's (:ultrobin:) magic attacks have increased power.
    • Reinforcements will appear after an enemy (:ultrobin:) is KO'd.
    • The enemy (:ultcharizard:) prefers neutral special.
    • The enemy (:ultpikachu:) will suddenly have a Final Smash. (references the electric field attack)
Princess Athena (Athena)
Debut/Artwork: Athena
Type: Primary (Neutral)
Class: Advanced - :starman::starman:
Effect: Can be Enhanced at Lv. 99
  • Puppet Fighter: :ultpalutena: (Color 6)
  • Stage: Green Greens (references the original game's first stage)
  • Music Track: Forest World - Athena
  • Match: Timed Stamina (1:30; 200 HP)
  • Rule: Item: Battering Types
  • Conditions:
    • Timed stamina battle.
    • The enemy is easily distracted by items (swords, Back Shield, Metal Box, Tanooki Leaf and Heart Container).
    • The enemy has increased defense after a while.
Princess Athena (Gold Armor) (Athena)
Artwork: Athena
Type: Primary (Neutral)
Effect: Battering Items ↑
  • Enhance Princess Athena

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Kirin

Elder Dragon
The Kirin is an Elder Dragon, a monster that’s rarely seen and often times seen as a myth. It is said to command lightning and exceeds speeds that normal humans can’t even see. When it arrives, it is said to command a massive and ferocious lightning storm.

In battle, Kirin demonstrates this lighting and speed by casting powerful electrical attacks and speed about the stage making it a powerful and hard to defeat boss.

Thunder Attacks: Kirin summons multiple lightning strikes that’s several times more powerful than Pikachu’s. These attacks can cause Thunderblight which makes opponents affected by it to randomly stun on occasion.

Melee Attacks: It will attack using its horn while charged with electricity. Right before using it, the attack has a slight vacuum effect which draws in players.

Dash Attack: Kirin had access to a basic dash attack which sees the Kirin charge up and make a made dash forward. It will slam into opponents and cause shocking damage before launching them. It also has a trailing lightning effect as it passes through which deal delayed damage.

50% Dashing Blitz: Once at 50% health, it will launch into a devastating multi hitting screen covering dash attacks; similar in theory to Volt Tackle and Super Sonic but a much larger hit box.

Low-Health Attack: When below 25%, it will enact a defecting status which will reflect projectiles back and negate melee damage by 60%.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Due to a low number of submissions, so we decided to include them in the thread poll instead of a Google Forms doc..

The choices are between
Deviljho @GolisoPower
Lagiacrus @cashregister9
Kirin @Venus of the Desert Bloom

Job #143: Submit a Wishing Star

Wishing Star is our adventure mode that we have included in Super Smash Bros. Infinite which, unfortunately, has been lacking compared to some of the other modes that we have. In Wishing Stars, characters are transported to a magical world filled with all kinds of worlds by a mysterious benefactor who invites the player's to "have their biggest wish come true". The game is confirmed to have elements o Subspace Emissary with traversable levels where players fight against enemies and other fighters.

But...what are Wishing Stars? They are a key gameplay element which can help turn the tide for the player with they have the correct Wishing Stars equipped.. Here are the general rules concerning Wishing Stars:

• Players can equip between one and five. A Star ranking shows what level the Wish is at. Powerful Wishes has more stars which takes up slots.
    • 0-1 Stars: Takes up one slot (10 sec duration)
    • 2 Stars: Takes up 2 slots. (25 second duration)
    • 3 Stars: Takes up 3 slots (40 second duration)
    • 4: Takes up all slots (72 second duration)
  • Wishing Stars needs to be created using Wish Shards; small colored crystalline.
  • Players must discover a way to create the Wish via through gameplay, defeating opponents, unlocking or purchasing recipes, etc. After doing so, they can find what kind of Shards are needed to create the Wish.
  • The Wishing Star has a time limit with Rank 0 being quite low and rank 5 lasting a long time.
  • There are eight colored Shards with each Shard having a role in a Wish creation:
    • Red Wish Shard: Focuses attack damage, launch ability, special attack damage, shield damage, and fire, rage, and melee-oriented attacks.
    • Blue Wish Shard: Boosts shields, dodging frames, perfect shield ability, rolling frames, superarmor, and water, ice, and energy-based attacks.
    • Green Wish Shard: Aids jump, double jump, air time, air speed, air dodge, up special as well as wind or air-based attacks and aerial attacks.
    • Purple Wish Shard: Aids item damage, item durability, transformation duration, summoning items as well as sword and weapon-based attacks such as Marth or King Dedede
    • Yellow Wish Shard: Aids speed, walk speed, dash speed, attack speed, negative effect duration decrease as well as electricity and light-based attacks.
    • Pink Wish Shard: Healing, increase in healing items appearing, more health granted to healing items, less recovery frames, and boosts Final Smashes.
    • Black Wish Shard: Aids in improving negative effects, debuffing negative affects, causing terrain effects, inverse effects duration, as well as magical-based attacks including curses and spells.
    • White Wish Shard: Aids in improving health, reducing damage taken, removing negative effects, dealing damage against evil foes, as well as light and holy-based attacks including spells and magic.
  • Once a Wishing Star is created, it can be stored in a Wish Bank to given to a fighter in the character's mode roster. Once the Wish is used in game, it vanishes forever.
So what will we do? We will be creating our own Wishing Stars to include in this mode. The general idea is that they are a mixture between the Infinity Stones in Marvel vs Capcom Infinite and Spirits in Ultimate and can only be used once. They can be used at anytime during gameplay but, once used, are gone forever and need to be recreated again. There will be other UNIQUE Wishing Stars that play a role in the mode but we will explore them quite yet.,

To help set us up, I will submit one so people can get a general feelings:

Fancy Footwork Wishing Star
Stars: :starman::starman:
Ingredients:
2 Green Shards, 2 Red Shards
Obtained: Perform over 50 successful kicking moves during gameplay
Effect: Gives a +12 attack damage boost to all kicking moves while also increase the attack speed by 2.5x. Increases walking/running movement like .4% after each successful kicking attack.

When submitting a Wishing Star, the following format must be used:
  • Name
  • Stars
  • Ingredients
  • Obtained
  • Effect

Obtained can be through various means such as what i mentioned above or...
  • Unlocking a particular character for your roster
  • Purchasing (please provide the amount)
  • Defeating a particualr character
  • Progressing to a certain area in the adventure mode
  • Meeting a certain character
  • Fulfilling a requirement

I apologize for this being so late but I have been piecing this idea together for months and its finally ready to be rbought to the thread for development.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Name: Install Star
Stars: :starman::starman::starman::starman:
Ingredients: 4 of each shard
Obtained: Successfully Land 2 Final Smashes while over 100%
Effect: All stats are increased by 5

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Iaijutsu Wishing Star:
Stars: :starman::starman::starman:
Ingredients: 4 Purple Wish Shards + 2 Black WIshing Shards
Obtained: Deal 100% total damage with any item.
Effect: Any item you hold in your hand will not deal damage, but your opponents gain "Iaijutsu" stacks. Drop the item to unleash the damage all at once, with the most recent hit being your knockback.

Last edited:

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
How long will this submissions sessions last, a few days since this is a big deal

airConditioner

Smash Ace
Punch Ant (Golden Sun: the Lost Age) Sport: Boxing
Category: Primary
Type: Attack
Ability: [None]
  • Puppet Fighter: Little Mac [Purple, Tiny, Horde]
  • Stage: Gaur Plain
  • Music Track: Jenna's Battle Theme
  • Match: Stock
  • Conditions:
    • Join forces with an Assist Trophy (Jenna)
    • Defeat an army of fighters
Hinako Shijou (The King of Fighters 2000) Sport: Sumo
Category: Primary
Type: Grab
Ability: Strong Throw
  • Puppet Fighter: Jill [Pink], Zero Suit Samus [White], Bayonetta [Red]
  • Stage: KOF Stadium
  • Music Track: Ne! - KOF '94 (The only Women's Team song)
  • Conditions:
    • Reinforcements will appear after an enemy is KO'd [ZSS -> Bayo -> Jill]
    • The enemy's grabs and throws have increased power [Jill]
    • The enemy prefers grabs and throws [Jill]
    • Hostile assist trophies will appear [Tifa Lockhart]

A bit of a stretch for the punch ant. Tifa represents Yuri Sakazaki as a striker.

Name: Soul Steal Star
Stars: ★★★ (Three)
Ingredients: Pink Star (x4) Black Star (x3)
Obtaining: Summon the Alucard assist trophy.
Effect: Heals the player by 0.5x of damage dealt to opponents. Especially useful for large horde battles.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Name: Install Star
Stars: :starman::starman: :starman::starman:
Ingredients: 3 of each shard
Obtained: Perform a Final Smash
Effect: All stats are increased by 5
Cash, since it’s a five star, then perhaps it would be best to make obtaining the recipe list more difficult?

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Name: Vampiric Wishing Star

Grade: Three Star

Ingredients: Black Shard (3) Pink Shard (1) White Shard (1)

Effect: You get healed everytime you defeat an enemy, the more dangerous the enemy the more you get healed.

Obtaining: Do a No Damage Run against Dracula, if Dracula isnt in the game then defeat a 1 on 2 battle with a level 7 Simon and Ricther

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Throwing another one in...

Assist Me! Wishing Star
Grade: :starman: :starman: :starman:
Ingredients: 2 Purple Wish Shards, 1 Black Wish Shard, and 1 White Wish Shard
Obtain: Defeat a total of ten Assist Trophies during a match.
Effect: Summon a random Assist Trophy on your side.

We can continue to add these in as we go but we will be jumping into our next job which will related to...MASTERPIECES!

Job #144: Submit a First-Party Masterpiece from the NES, SNES, and Gameboy

We will be expanding our Masterpiece collection from the more retro side of gaming. As you may remember, we included Masterpieces previously but a good portion of these were from more recent titles from the N64.

Here is our current listing:
  1. Super Smash Bros. 64
  2. Super Mario 64
  3. Wario Land
  4. Pokémon Red & Blue
  5. Fire Emblem: Genealogies of War
  6. Pac-Land
  7. Castlevania Rondo of Blood
  8. Revelations Persona
  9. Dragon Quest III
  10. Banjo-Kazooie
  11. Fatal Fury Special
When submitting, please provide the following content:

• Game and series
  • Gaming system
  • Portion that the Masterpieces focuses on.

Remember, this is only for first party, not third party. The Masterpieces must be from a series that is currently repped by a fighter. There are plans to include Masterpieces pulled from franchise snot repped by a fighter but we will cover those on a later date.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Tetris Attack (SNES) (AKA the only good Yoshi game to not be advertised with a fat guy overeating to death)

Explicitly Tetris Attack with Yoshi and pals, not Panel de Pon. If this is to be replaced with Panel de Pon either upon a Lip addition or by default, I will repeal my submission.
4BE1AA0F-632F-46F8-9658-35B11EBD7244.png

Starts you in endless mode on Yoshi's stage, lasts a minute and a half.

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
1628307860053.png

SNES: Donkey Kong Country

The Donkey Kong game that put the big gorilla himself on the map, and the debut of rival King K. Rool. It automatically starts on the first world map, on Jungle Japes. This tutorial lasts 5 minutes.

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
New Masterpiece: Link's Awakening (1993)
1628315092244.png

Link's Awaknening is a classic Zelda game and with the addition of Marin it only makes sense to make this a masterpiece. I don't exactly know where it takes place, but it's a rather long masterpiece and has Marin for for a decent chunk of it.

Adrianette Bromide

Smash Lord
Tetris Attack (SNES) (AKA the only good Yoshi game to not be advertised with a fat guy overeating to death)

Explicitly Tetris Attack with Yoshi and pals, not Panel de Pon. If this is to be replaced with Panel de Pon either upon a Lip addition or by default, I will repeal my submission.
View attachment 325474
I'm gonna question this submission because for all intents and purposes, it's Panel de Pon but localized for filthy westernblood who couldn't handle little girls. I remember a similiar issue about Eggman's down smash but it was allowed because of Sega's official acknowledgement of Mean Beach Machine.

How do we handle games localized using other IPs?

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547

View attachment 325474
After some discussion, it was decided to eliminate Tetris Attack from Masterpiece consideration based on the following factors:
1) It’s largely a western release rather than a global release.
2) It’s Panel de Pon but reskinned for Yoshi. We have no qualms adding in Panel de Pon as a Masterpiece later on in development and we certainly intend to see Tetris included. This could be problematic later on down the road should we pursue adding them.
3) What is a “good game” is extremely objective and shouldn’t be the basis for inclusion. The team felt there are far more Yoshi games that’s emblematic of the character and the series Yoshi belongs to.

This decision wasn’t to be mean, to gatekeep, or to bu biased in anyway. We don’t enjoy revoking submissions and want to make sure people can submit content they like but, from the above criteria, Tetris Attack isn’t a Masterpiece we are looking to add to help represent the Yoshi history.

I wanted to make sure to give you enough time to submit another Masterpiece.

Last edited:

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion

Mario Kart 64
Nintendo 64
This game masterpiece starts on the time trials screen, you have all the tracks unlocked and have a time limit of 5 minutes allowing you to sample a few courses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom