• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Infinite Project (Finally Finished!???)

Which title should we use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
I get it, and I don't love changing votes personally, but also like I said in the discord, I usually vote early because otherwise I'll probably forget and that feels pretty worthless most of the time. Like it feels like we have people who hang back and put together mental counts and then just go for whats the least objectionable to them instead of what they actually want. That's not a bad thing necessarily as it's not breaking any rules, but then it feels like it cheapens me putting a vote in early for what I want when I don't feel like everyone else is voting the same way, and that mine has less influence. Only seems to be a thing for playable votes too, which also makes a good deal of sense for obvious reasons.

All of this is why I'm liking the idea of hidden voting that's been thrown around. Nobody is doing anything maliciously but we're all heavily invested in this too so stuff is gonna happen, and that keeps things the most fair.
I mean, yeah, but it feels like we're just pushing up the current leader either way. Either hang back and push the guy in the lead, or change your vote to the guy in the lead. It feels like both paths just end up in the same destination.

And yeah, hidden votes would fix everything. Can't go out of your way to push the current leader if we can't see the current leader, right?

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Hate (code for "love") to self promote, but I started a brand spanking new creation thread y'all may enjoy it you like making stages.

BowserKing

Smash Lord
Voting for

1.Maxwell
2.Plant and Zombie
3.Red

I remember playing all 3 games and they are quite fun. That is why I chose them

SharkLord

Smash Hero
After a lot of consideration, I've decided to change my vote

1. Ahri
2. Reimu
3. Marco

I am now part of the problem, but said problem has pushed Maxwell's lead even farther. If it weren't for those two vote changes, Reimu would be tied with or even surpassing him, and if Reimu gets screwed out of a win by those sudden changes in Maxwell's favor the constitution states I am legally allowed to be astronomically miffed.

Adrianette Bromide

Smash Lord
So after a lot of consideration I'm going to change my vote yet again.

They are as follows:

1. Popular McJRPGGuy
2. Scrimblo Bimblo
3. Hong Jong Jim

I wish I could submitted Jim first, the Hong Jong Jim series is a timeless classic that never fails to adapt the current trends in gaming flawlessly.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend

They are as follows:

1. Popular McJRPGGuy
2. Scrimblo Bimblo
3. Hong Jong Jim

I wish I could submitted Jim first, the Hong Jong Jim series is a timeless classic that never fails to adapt the current trends in gaming flawlessly.
grrr you didnt vote for Root-em Shoot-em American BoomBoomguy ):<

Last edited:

Jomosensual

Smash Champion

They are as follows:

1. Popular McJRPGGuy
2. Scrimblo Bimblo
3. Hong Jong Jim

Im excited for when you vote for YEGSGWhevshwi2827dgsgea and someone is just like, ok that makes it 1 vote for Doom Guy

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
My votes go to

1) Danganronpa character Just Monika
Mostly because I love how the series messes with exceptions and the music is slapping.
2) Portal character Just Monika
Such an great series that is such an iconic gaming legend, with amazing characters and memorable moments.
3) Zagreus Just Monika
Honestly, I feel like Infinite needs to have at least one indie character, and realistically the base game would be the best place to have one. I’m honestly surprised nobody nominated them sooner. Plus Hades was one of the only good things to come out of last year tbh.
In all seriousness, I feel like hidden votes might be best to avoid falling where everyone ends up either voting for the guy either first or second place at number one and the other two votes are split to the characters they really want.

I would vote for Maxwell, but I would prefer to put in either Scorpion or SubZero if we are limited to one Warner Bros Interactive character (both series are published by Warner Bros).

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I'd also back hidden votes. I'd also back an anti vote for removing a point from someone, but that's probably a toxic idea
I'd be OK, supportive even, of anti-votes in a public voting setting and after some time has passed from the opening of votes (maybe even as an exclusively last second thing) - but under anonymous votes it just seems stupid and nigh useless.

Last edited:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
While we wait for votes to trickle in, we will also ask two users to submit two trailers for our characters. The first is for Grovyle & Celebi and the second is for DJ Octavio, These two characters were featured in our April Smash Direct with Grovyle & Celebi kicking things off along with tons of new Pokemon content and DJ Octavio was featured midway point between Smash Dungeon and Wishing Stars story mode. DJ Octaviuo is our first playable character who is a playable character as well as a boss in Classic Modes, Smash Dungeon, and Wishing Stars. If you wish to write up a trailer, please let me know by pinging me!

If you do decide to write one up, please include content that we included in the follow up with each revealed character. This includes the Pokeball Pokemon we did some weeks back, Wigglytuff Guild, Mii costumes, as well as the Splatoon 2 and Octo Expansion content like Deepsea Metro and other rated content. The time duration for the Grovyle & Celebi trailer is 3 minutes and 45 seconds Dj Octavio is 2 minutes and 32 seconds. Please make the trailers rated E+.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
While we wait for votes to trickle in, we will also ask two users to submit two trailers for our characters. The first is for Grovyle & Celebi and the second is for DJ Octavio, These two characters were featured in our April Smash Direct with Grovyle & Celebi kicking things off along with tons of new Pokemon content and DJ Octavio was featured midway point between Smash Dungeon and Wishing Stars story mode. DJ Octaviuo is our first playable character who is a playable character as well as a boss in Classic Modes, Smash Dungeon, and Wishing Stars. If you wish to write up a trailer, please let me know by pinging me!

If you do decide to write one up, please include content that we included in the follow up with each revealed character. This includes the Pokeball Pokemon we did some weeks back, Wigglytuff Guild, Mii costumes, as well as the Splatoon 2 and Octo Expansion content like Deepsea Metro and other rated content. The time duration for the Grovyle & Celebi trailer is 3 minutes and 45 seconds Dj Octavio is 2 minutes and 32 seconds. Please make the trailers rated E+.
Can I call dibs on Grovyle?

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Anyways, Grovyle trailer. Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom

Pikachu and Squirle are walking through a dead, greyscale forest. There are a few establishing shots, including one that displays a water droplet frozen just before it can fall into a puddle: an iconic picture that clues hardcore PMD fans into the character. The duo get jumped by a horde of Sayblye, with Dusknoir coming in to do the finishing blow. Before this can be done, however, the pair of Pokemon get teleported away, as a set of leaves send Dusknoir and the Sableye flying away. The tagline shows up as the duo's saviors appear: GROVYLE AND CELEBI GEAR UP! The male Pokemon Trainer shows up and says "Pikachu! Squirtle! There you are, I was worried!", and Grovyle says something to the effect of "I'm glad you found your allies", but not exactly that because that sounds tacky. Red's jaw goes slack at a Pokemon talking in perfect English.

Gameplay starts, with light narration between Red, Grovyle, and Celebi (not much, just glorified exposition on how Pokemon in the PMD verse have different skills and can talk) as Grovyle's moveset is showed off. He doesn't fight other Pokemon, but rather other characters from other series. Grovyle finds himself in a tricky situation, and Red throws a few Pokeballs to help him out, this introduces most of the new ones (and horrifyies the PMD duo). We also see Wigglytuff's Guild, then the final smash, then the trailer ends. The post credits scene is Wigglytuff looking at the guild from the cliffside, being interrupted by a pokeball being thrown at them. It succeeds at catching them, and the trailer ends.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Great! Thanks for the amazing trailer write ups!

We will be closing voting in a little bit so please get your votes in as soon as possible?

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Well, it was a long and tough battle but within voting officially closed, we have our next third party fighter!

Visual Novel/Dangan Ronpa Rep Monokuma submitted by @Yiptap or Protaganist submitted by @Commander_Alph) 21
Physics Puzzle/Angry Birds/Red Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario 6
Tower Defense/Plants vs Zombies/Plant and Zombie Glubbfubb Glubbfubb 8
Puzzle/Puyo Puyo/Arle Adrianette Bromide Adrianette Bromide 21
Visual Novel/Fate / Stay Night/Saber cashregister9 cashregister9 2
Bullet Hell/Touhou Project/Reimu Hakurei SharkLord SharkLord 26
FPS/Puzzle/Portal Rep Chell Paraster Paraster and GLAdDOS Janx_uwu Janx_uwu 8
FPS/Perfect Dark/Joanna Dark Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom 3
Run ‘n’ Gun/Metal Slug/Marco Rossi @tonygameman 12
Visual Novel/Zero/Zero Escape @ahemtoday 0
Beat Em Up/Axel Stone/Streets of Rage @Speed Weed 10
Puzzle/Scribblenauts/Maxwell PeridotGX PeridotGX 25
FPS/Bioshock/Booker & Elizabeth Jomosensual Jomosensual 1
MOBA/League of Legends/Ahri warpenguin55 warpenguin55 8
Visual Novel/Dating Sim/Sakura Wars/Sakura Shinguji @GamingGryffindor 7
FPS/Borderlands/Claptrap C chocolatejr9 3
Rogue like/Hades/Zangreus SmasherMaster SmasherMaster 8

Joining the third party roster is none other than Reimu Hakurei from Touhou Project! She will be representing the Bullet Hell genre as well as the representative fighter from Team Shanghai Alice/ZUN. Once more, Reimu will be our first indie newcomer for Infinite and the first Japanese indie characters!

This was quite the long road and a lot of people submitted amazing content! All of the write ups were great to read and helped visualize each character! Thank you to everyone for submitting content.

From now, we will be submitting Touhou Project content and jobs will be announced shortly. However, one thing I want to bring up is the subject of voting. Our voting system was recently questions and I believe this is a valid concern. We will still continue in this format but the leadership team is working on an alternative voting method that we will incorporate; especially for voting periods for newcomers and such.

Last edited:

Paraster

Smash Lord
DJ Octavio Trailer

(Please note that this trailer makes some assumptions regarding the context of Octavio's fight in Wishing Stars, specifically, its location. If necessary, I am willing to change it.)

We start with an establishing shot of a stadium. It's outfitted with neon lights and surrounded by darkness--it's hard to tell whether it's at night or the stadium is located within a huge cavern. As we cut in to the stadium, we see two figures in the middle of fighting--an Inkling and an Octoling (both in their default designs). Large monitors above the stands show live feeds of the battle, and the audience is cheering.

Suddenly, however, the screens get overtaken by interference and static, distracting Inkling and Octoling while the audience starts to murmur in confusion and nervousness. The monitors switch to an image of what looks to be a large, vaguely circular machine almost completely covered in darkness. A familiar, low, watery laugh rings out. The monitors display static again before switching to an animation of a couple pieces of wasabi floating in purple sludge.

Then, the center of the arena opens up. Inking and Octoling get to the sides of the arena as the crowd gets riled up. Bright light shines out of the opening hole as the machine seen on the screen slowly rises up with this song playing. When the song comes to an end, the machine attacks--throwing out a huge metal fist at Inkling and a takoyaki bomb at Octoling. Both narrowly dodge.

"I Am Octavio" starts to play (starting at 0:06) as the machine's pilot starts scratching records with wasabi. After a couple seconds of shots showing the machine off, we get a full view of it and its pilot--"DJ Octavio D-D-D-Drops the Sea Bass!!!" (as the splash text appears, the song skips to 1:37).

Transition into gameplay. Octavio is first shown idling and taunting in the stadium from the CGI portion, with no other fighters in view (so as to not raise suspicion regarding his size--this is his boss arena). We then see him performing various shenanigans across various stages: He jams with Barista on Night Walk. Multiple Octavios perform ink attacks on Moray Towers (like they're trying to claim it as their own). He leaps after Isabelle as she pulls back her fishing rod to make it look like she caught him. In his Splatoon 2 costume, he poses on Bowser's Castle.

When "I Am Octavio" reaches the "record scratch" segment at 2:12, we rapidly switch between shots of Octavio demonstrating some of his attacks--one per record scratch, though this segment is cut down to only eight scratches (at 2:19, it skips to 2:38). After this segment, we get an establishing shot of the Deepsea Metro stage, then a shot of the train starting to move, then various happenings on the stage: An Octoling (this one in its turquoise/Neo Octoling Armor costume) runs from Octavio after he barely misses grabbing them, and he chases only to be met by a group of turquoise Octolings. Octavio fights Callie and Marie Miis that soon gain reinforcements in the form of Pearl and Marina Miis. A slow-motion shot of an Inkling (in its yellow/Agent 3 costume) falling towards Octavio whole holding the Rainmaker.

Finally, Octavio unleashes his Final Smash on a large group of fighters, who are all overwhelmed by the Octarian army. The final explosion is exaggerated into the screen being covered with purple ink, making that purple the backdrop to the Smash Infinite logo when it appears.

The post-logo scene sees us back in CGI and at the stadium. Inkling and Octoling get knocked away, flung into the pit between the arena and the audience. As the audience (actually made up of Octarians) cheers on DJ Octavio, the screen is hijacked again--this time, it displays only an image of a star, and Octavio turns to the screen with a determined expression.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Job #127: Submit a Touhou Project stage
I admit, I know very little of this series outside of Reimu Hakurei and the abilities she has. Other than that, I’m not sure what other content can be included. So I’m leaving it to the thread to come up with a stage that is from Touhou Project!

When submitting, please include the…
  • name of the stage​
  • if it appears in a particular Touhou game​
  • it’s appearance and layout​
  • any hazards or stage gimmicks​
  • any cameos that may appear​
  • omega/final destination forms​
  • the reason for it being included (why is it important enough to represent aTouhou Project?)​

warpenguin55

Smash Journeyman
A little disappointed we voted for ANOTHER character who is popular in Smash speculation, nut this whole thing was weird with people changing votes just to spite others.
Not to mention that she's completely unknown outside of Japan. This whole direct is a big yikes for me. At least we now know we need hidden votes

Last edited:

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
A little disappointed we voted for ANOTHER character who is popular in Smash speculation, nut this whole thing was weird with people changing votes just to spite others.
I mean people vote for the characters they like.

Are we really going down the “anything popular is bad” route now? Especially since we’ve already voted in several characters outside the popular speculation scene?

Not to mention that she's completely unknown outside of Japan. This whole direct is a big yikes for me. At least we now know we need hidden votes
So she’s both too popular and a complete unknown now?

Sometimes I get a feeling that people like to use "too popular" as a wedge for "character I don't like"......

Last edited:

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Hm.
Yeah, that's all I got to say. I don't feel too strongly about Reimu one way or the other. I think her design is really good but I'm completely in the dark about her series and genre as a whole. Though I guess I'm glad her reveal will be in a smaller direct than a larger one-a huge win for a vocal minority of Smash fans and very little excitement everywhere else. Though I'm glad to have a true indie rep finally, so I'll help out some when it comes to content.

warpenguin55

Smash Journeyman
So she’s both too popular and a a complete unknown now?
Being popular in smash speculation doesn't mean you're a generally popular character. Look at Lara Croft or Kratos. Both very popular characters but not very popular in speculation. Lara's is probably due Geno and Sora taking up all of the hype for square picks though. Master Chief used to be a great example of this too, but now that Microsoft and Nintendo work together he's not a good example anymore.

Speaking of Geno, he'd be a long forgotten character by now if it wasn't for his smash hype.

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
Happy for Sharklord but man, i can't think of something we needed less on the roster than a 3rd party that's niche everywhere but Japan, especially with the number of western 3rd parties that deserve a look that have worldwide appeal. Guess that's just how it goes sometimes

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Happy for Sharklord but man, i can't think of something we needed less on the roster than a 3rd party that's niche everywhere but Japan, especially with the number of western 3rd parties that deserve a look that have worldwide appeal. Guess that's just how it goes sometimes
Well, we just voted to deconfirm two of the most popular western 3rd Parties a couple weeks ago so 🤷‍♂️.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Job 127

Hakurei Shrine

The Hakurei Shrine is an important location in the touhou franchise.

The main platform is a large pillar slightly larger than Kalos pokemon league and on the platform is the Shrine building where the
dozens of cameos will be, you can stand on the roof of the shrine and there are 2 other trees that you can stand on. Fairies will fly in the background and sometimes on stage to deliver food

With hazards on occasionally one of the Characters will activate a spell card and many projectiles will be fire down onto the stage depending
on the Spell card.

The characters that could activate a spell card are:
-Yukari
-Flandre
-Sakuya
-Junko
-Marisa
-Utsuho
(They still stand in the background with the rest but sometimes they do the spellcard thing)

The Rest of the Cameos are:
-Youmu
-Alice
-The Prismriver Sisters
-Reisen
-Cirno
-Sanae
-Aya
-Koishi
-Patchouli
-Nitori
-Remilia
-Eirin
-Saki
-Momiji
-Suwako
-Tenshi
-Suika
-Yuyuko
-Wriggle Nightbug
-Wakasagihime
-Hong Meiling
-Fujiwara no Mokou
-Clownpiece
-Kanako

Six cameos can appear on the stage, one of them being a Spell card character

The Spell card effects are this:
Shikigami "Ran Yakumo": Yukari appears above the Shrine and Ran Yakumo jumps from platform to platform sending projectiles downwards, You can KO Ran to end it early but if you touch her while she is jumping you will take damage.

Taboo "Lävatein": Flandre appears in the middle of the Stage and a Large beam emits from Flandre and circles around the stage, You can KO Flandre to end it early

Illusion World "The World": Sakuya Stands on the Shrine platform and Time slows as Projectiles slowly spawn and fire at the fighters You can KO Sakuya

"Simple Danmaku for Cornering a Trapped Rat": Junko Hovers above the Shrine and sends rows of Homing Projectiles onto the fighters You can KO Junko

Love Sign "Master Spark": Marisa flies above the Stage and Shoots a large beam into the middle ofthe stage and Star shaped projectiles also fire randomly around the stage You can KO Marisa

Atomic Fire "Uncontainable Nuclear Reaction": Utsuho stands on the Middle Platform a Siren plays and 4 Massive Projeciles are fired from Utusho and smaller homing projectiles are fired from the larger projectiles.

Omega and final destination versions keep the exact same background just the pillar is smaller.

Last edited:

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
And even without Rayman or Shantae there's still like 30 great picks out there that fit the bill. That's been the point of my push that western 3rd parties are extremely neglected in Smash
Sure, but there might have been people that were interested in those characters because of their characters rather than an arbitrary east vs west thing. After all, just people someone likes one western character doesn't necessarily mean they like them all. And now without them, there might be people who only have eastern characters remaining in their wishlist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom