• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Infinite Project (Finally Finished!???)

Which title should we use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Alright, i wasn't going to submit, but I just had an idea that's stupid yet entertaining.

Unrepped Genre: FPS
Claptrap (Borderlands)
ClaptrapTPS.jpg

Claptrap is the mascot of the Borderlands franchise. A robot that is meant to help Vault Hunters (yet is incredibly annoying), Claptrap is able to use various outlandish weapons to hunt for Vaults around Pandora. Plus, he has his own unique perks that can be activated at random, such as causing everybody to start jumping randomly. As for why Borderlands, it is essentially considered the father of the "looter shooter" genre, where the goal is to collect as much as you can while shooting as much as you can.

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Didn't you imply you were going to submit BD Joe earlier? Because I would absolutely vote for him.
I was alluding to Crazy Dave earlier-the "drift" bit was unintentional (though that would be an awesome submission). I ended up liking Glubbflubb's PvZ submission more though, so I went with my other original submission.

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
3rd Party from New Genre: Zagreus(Hades)
Genre: Rougelike

Who?

Zagreus is the prince of the underworld, the son of Hades and Persephone. However. Zagreus has decided to attempt to escape from the Underworld, traveling throught the various parts of it, being assisted by various figures from Greek mythology such as Achilles, Nyx, Charon and most of the gods of Olympus (look Hera, Apollo and Hephaestus didn’t give a **** I guess).

What is Hades?

Hades is a rougelike dungeon crawler taking place in the Underworld. The genre is known for having all rooms, enemy encounters and rewards being randomly generated, and where if the player loses all their health, they need to start back at the start with a new character. The name rougelike comes from game Rouge, which was released in 1980.

Why Zagreus and Hades?

Hades is one of the most critically acclaimed games of 2020, where even mainstream sources such as Time and Washington Post rank it as the best game of the year.

Okay, but like what can he do?

Zagreus can use six weapons through his journey to leave the underworld known as the infernal arms. They are “Stygius” the Stygian blade, “Varatha” the external spear, “Aegis” the shield of chaos, “coronacht” the heart seeking bow, “Malphon” the twin fists of malphon and “exagryph” the adament rail. Each of them have a standard attack and a special attack of their own.

Zagreus can also use the boons offered to him from the Olympians, which can give him various boosts to all of his normal abilities.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Submissions will finish in little over an hour. Please try to get any in before then.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom If Arle wins, will that disqualify all puzzle reps for future or only falling block/tile-matching reps? Because I'd want to submit Red again at some point if he loses.
From the prompt announcement:
  • It will make an unique newcomer from the same company ineligible for launch. This not applied to an Echo fighter situation though.
  • This will make another newcomer from this genre ineligible for launch
  • This character will be our third revealed third party newcomer along with Crash, Jill, and Leon.
  • This fighter will join the ranks of launch third party newcomers along with Snake, Sonic, Mega Man, Pac-Man, Simon, and Richter in addition to Crash, Jill, and Leon
  • We will be showing a third party fighter for E3 and will have future opportunities for more third party additions prior to launch. Infinite will have more third party fighters at launch than previous Smash games.
  • This fighter will be revealed in the same direct as Grovyle & Celebi and DJ Octavio.
  • We will be doing our typical stage/content submissions following the voting and results period.
  • Activison and Capcom are ineligible
  • Tetris, Celeste, and Twitter are ineligible
So yes, for the launch roster.

Last edited:

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom If Arle wins, will that disqualify all puzzle reps for future or only falling block/tile-matching reps? Because I'd want to submit Red again at some point if he loses.
From the prompt announcement:

So yes, for the launch roster.
So with this in mind, I'd advise people to vote for someone who's probably gonna be the sole representative of their genre regardless, in case we ever want to add a new character from that genre for a base game prompt.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Here are the submissions!

When voting, please remember what the winning submission entails:
  • It will make an unique newcomer from the same company ineligible for launch. This not applied to an Echo fighter situation though.
  • This will make another newcomer from this genre ineligible for launch
  • This character will be our third revealed third party newcomer along with Crash, Jill, and Leon.
  • This fighter will join the ranks of launch third party newcomers along with Snake, Sonic, Mega Man, Pac-Man, Simon, and Richter in addition to Crash, Jill, and Leon
  • We will be showing a third party fighter for E3 and will have future opportunities for more third party additions prior to launch. Infinite will have more third party fighters at launch than previous Smash games.
  • This fighter will be revealed in the same direct as Grovyle & Celebi and DJ Octavio.
  • We will be doing our typical stage/content submissions following the voting and results period.
  • Activison and Capcom are ineligible
  • Tetris, Celeste, and Twitter are ineligible
This means the winning submission will represent the genre they are from which bars that genre from being repped again in the launch roster outside of Echo Fighter conventions. This also applies to the company that the character is from. When voting, please try to keep in mind that this character will join the ranks of third-party launch characters which tends to carry a different kind of vibe compared to DLC third party fighters. Still, vote what you think is best and who you think best deserves this third party slot for our last revealed character in the April Smash Direct.

Finally, we do have two unique options: Dangan Ronpa and Portal. If you wish to see one of these characters included, please vote for the franchise rather than the character. This is to ensure that the entries don’t cannibalizes eachother.

As per usual, please vote for your top three as ranked voting is active. Your second or third choice may be your own submission. Feel free to explain why you voted the way you did to shed some light on your thoughts on the submissions.

Visual Novel/Dangan Ronpa Rep (We will later vote either for Monokuma submitted by Yiptap Yiptap or Protaganist submitted by Commander_Alph Commander_Alph )
Physics Puzzle/Angry Birds/Red Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario
Tower Defense/Plants vs Zombies/Plant and Zombie Glubbfubb Glubbfubb
Puzzle/Puyo Puyo/Arle Adrianette Bromide Adrianette Bromide
Visual Novel/Fate / Stay Night/Saber cashregister9 cashregister9
Bullet Hell/Touhou Project/Reimu Hakurei SharkLord SharkLord
FPS/Puzzle/Portal Rep Chell Paraster Paraster and GLAdDOS Janx_uwu Janx_uwu (again, we will vote for the rep if this wins)
FPS/Perfect Dark/Joanna Dark Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom
Run ‘n’ Gun/Metal Slug/Marco Rossi tonygameman tonygameman
Visual Novel/Zero/Zero Escape ahemtoday ahemtoday
Beat Em Up/Axel Stone/Streets of Rage Speed Weed Speed Weed
Puzzle/Scribblenauts/Maxwell PeridotGX PeridotGX
FPS/Bioshock/Booker & Elizabeth Jomosensual Jomosensual
MOBA/League of Legends/Ahri warpenguin55 warpenguin55
Visual Novel/Dating Sim/Sakura Wars/Sakura Shinguji @GamingGryffindor
FPS/Borderlands/Claptrap C chocolatejr9
Rogue like/Hades/Zangreus SmasherMaster SmasherMaster

Finally, if I left out a submission, please ping one of the leadership members and assume that voting will be postponed until we can get the missed submission into it. If you voted before and we missed a submission, please edit your previous votes if you which to cast a vote for the missed entry.

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
1. Axel Stone - we could use more classic in-house Sega characters aside from just Sonic, plus I'd think he'd transition over well to Smash.
2. Arle - Legendary puzzle series. Probably one of the next in line for Sega,
3. Ahri - LoL is huge, I think a character could more than work here

The alliteration was unintentional, I swear

Last edited:

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
This is so hard..

Danganronpa (AA is out of the running but I may be doubt myself because there's still a small pool of options for the genre)

Reimu Hakurei (gotta go with her honestly, she's like the sole representation of schump with a big legacy so I doubt someone will miss Space Invaders)

Maxwell (like his game and would make an incredible moveset)

Last edited:

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
1. Axel Stone
2. Marco
3. Portal rep
EDIT: Since it’s apparently early enough in the voting, I’d like to change my votes to:
1. Maxwell
2. Axel
3. Marco

Last edited:

airConditioner

Smash Ace
1. Reimu
I would do anything to get Touhou music in the game.

2. Marco Rossi
I would do anything to get more SNK music in the game.

3. Danganronpa rep
I would do anything to get Danganronpa music in the game.

Honorable mentions:
Axel, Sakura, Arle
I don't have as big as a connection to these three but their music is great too

Last edited:

Paraster

Smash Lord
Third Party Genre Rep Vote
1. Reimu Hakurei (shoot-em-up)
2. Maxwell (puzzle)
3. Arle (puzzle)

I stuck to more characters that were more cartoony, or at least lighthearted, because more realistic or gritty ones would clash with Grovyle & Celebi and DJ Octavio a bit. (I know I submitted Chell, but these characters fit the mold better.)

warpenguin55

Smash Journeyman
Am I allowed to change my vote order? If so, I'd like to swap Maxwell to first and Dangonronpa to 3rd please. Totally fine if I can't

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Am I allowed to change my vote order? If so, I'd like to swap Maxwell to first and Dangonronpa to 3rd please. Totally fine if I can't
Yes, changing a vote is allowed up tunil a certain amount of time has passed. You should be ok though Paging our voting expert airConditioner airConditioner

Glubbfubb

Smash Master
Maxwell
Plant and Zombie
Booker
These are some my most nostalgic games of all time, that's pretty simple

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Scribblenauts is a very versatile game. Want it to be a an RPG?

There ya go. What about a mech game?

Consider it done. What about a sequel to the greatest game ever made?

Bada bing bada boom. The only thing it can't be is the hit tv show breaking ba-

I stand corrected, Scribblenauts can be anything. This is the variety maxwell can bring to smash!

SharkLord

Smash Hero
We already brought this up on the Discord, but something about the vote changing rubs me the wrong way. Maybe I'm just a little salty that Reimu was approaching Maxwell's lead until the changes suddenly shot him up, but it feels like most of the changed votes are just to push up the current winner even more and push down everyone who isn't winning. I dunno, it just seems kinda unfair.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
1. Reimu
2. Arle
3. Ahri

Once we get past our April Smash Direct, we will be incorporating a new method of voting that prevents vote switching and observing. I meant to do it for this vote but I forgot and that’s on me.

Last edited:

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
We already brought this up on the Discord, but something about the vote changing rubs me the wrong way. Maybe I'm just a little salty that Reimu was approaching Maxwell's lead until the changes suddenly shot him up, but it feels like most of the changed votes are just to push up the current winner even more and push down everyone who isn't winning. I dunno, it just seems kinda unfair.
I get it, and I don't love changing votes personally, but also like I said in the discord, I usually vote early because otherwise I'll probably forget and that feels pretty worthless most of the time. Like it feels like we have people who hang back and put together mental counts and then just go for whats the least objectionable to them instead of what they actually want. That's not a bad thing necessarily as it's not breaking any rules, but then it feels like it cheapens me putting a vote in early for what I want when I don't feel like everyone else is voting the same way, and that mine has less influence. Only seems to be a thing for playable votes too, which also makes a good deal of sense for obvious reasons.

All of this is why I'm liking the idea of hidden voting that's been thrown around. Nobody is doing anything maliciously but we're all heavily invested in this too so stuff is gonna happen, and that keeps things the most fair.

Glubbfubb

Smash Master
Scribblenauts is a very versatile game. Want it to be a an RPG?

There ya go. What about a mech game?

Consider it done. What about a sequel to the greatest game ever made?

Bada bing bada boom. The only thing it can't be is the hit tv show breaking ba-

I stand corrected, Scribblenauts can be anything. This is the variety maxwell can bring to smash!
I was hoping for a official scribblenauts rpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom