• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Infinite Project (Finally Finished!???)

Which title should we use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

warpenguin55

Smash Journeyman
Rather than top characters I like to have top archetypes, both in fighting style and appearance

Sony Rep (Sly, Rachet):kind of obvious if we are doing a fanmade smash thread we should have the opportunity to put in characters normal smash dosnt have
Undead (Plant and Zombie, Hisen Ko): I like undead characters, they bring some black comedy and unique and creepy fighting styles other characters cant have
Staff Users (Sly, Goimon) a barely addressed archetype, Staff users have the advantages of being a good zone fighter and melee fighter, basically the best of both worlds
Robots (Zero, Virtual Boy): like Undead characters, Robots have advantages in unique movesets other more traditional characters dont have

Those are the archetypes I would personally want in smash, with some examples to gives some ideas
To add on to this, I think a few more mage characters would be cool too

warpenguin55

Smash Journeyman
So there's a few character's I'm seeing here that I really don't think qualify as must haves, and are more of just "I really want this character in". Let me put it like this:

Imagine you had 100 people in the same room who were on the fence about buying a new smash game, and you were going to tell them who the last base roster slot was going to. Anyone who isn't convinced to buy the game by this last character leaves the room. If you wouldn't feel confident that at least 60 of the people in that room stay when you tell them who it is, they should not be a part of this discussion.

Last edited:

ahemtoday

Smash Ace
Personally, when I think of characters that actively feel missing from Smash's current roster, a few come to mind. I guess I'll organize this into groups.

The first group, and easily the most "must-have-y" of them, is from relatively major but unrepresented series. Golden Sun, Rhythm Heaven, and Murasame Castle were formerly in this category, in my opinion. With those out of here, the ones that feel the most missing are Chibi-Robo and Advance Wars. Especially Chibi-Robo, I think, but that's probably bias. Maybe Starfy as well, though that's got a bit of a regional thing to it. It's unusual that these are all GBA and GameCube-era series, but I guess the release dates of Smash just kinda cause that to happen.

I'd also like to shout out Lip. Her wand has been an item for four games now, and she's constantly kicked out of her own series. I just feel bad. Give the poor girl something.

There's also Ayumi Tachibana, if only because she'd gotten considered all the way back in Melee and is now relevant again due to the remakes. Though at this point we're not

The second group is secondary characters from currently-represented series. There's a second Sonic rep, now that Sephiroth's in. Dixie Kong's gotten talked up a lot. We're overdue for a new unique Zelda character, even if we did redo Ganondorf. I think no character, however, shows the difference between "must-have" and "hype" more than Toad, a major character that would probably not excite that many people.

The third group is unrepresented genres, which is where we get a lot more general. We don't have a puzzle rep; maybe Lip could be that. We don't have a visual novel rep; maybe Ayumi or Phoenix Wright could be that.

So there's a few character's I'm seeing here that I really don't think qualify as must haves, and are more of just "I really want this character in". Let me put it like this:

Imagine you had 100 people in the same room who were on the fence about buying a new smash game, and you were going to tell them who the last base roster slot was going to. Anyone who isn't convinced to buy the game by this last character leaves the room. If you wouldn't feel confident that at least 60 of the people in that room stays when you tell them who it is, they should not be a part of this discussion.
That isn't measuring the must-have-ness of a character, that's just measuring how exciting of a pick they are. Sephiroth would win this test, but I'd struggle to say that Ultimate was in any way obligated to have him.

cashregister9

Smash Hero

Imagine you had 100 people in the same room who were on the fence about buying a new smash game, and you were going to tell them who the last base roster slot was going to. Anyone who isn't convinced to buy the game by this last character leaves the room. If you wouldn't feel confident that at least 60 of the people in that room stay when you tell them who it is, they should not be a part of this discussion.
I'm inclined to agree here, I Like Chibi-robo and Andy Advanced Wars as much as the next guy but I wouldn't really call them "Essential Nintendo Characters" much less "Must Have Videogame Characters"

Krystal, Dixie, Toad and A Zelda Character is a fantastic place to start. Those are who I think of when it comes to a "Must-have character" we can branch from there.

Last edited:

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
The only characters I think are "must haves" are a Zelda rep, a Ring Fit rep, and maybe an Astral Chain rep. People are being really generous with what they consider mandatory. Toad, for example, would be nice but his absence isn't glaring.
Similar for me but I also like a Sony Rep, possibly it could be the last job due to how big of a surprise it would be in universe

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Personally, I think I'm just naturally inclined towards casting as wide a net as possible. I've generally had an "anything goes" speculation approach, so it's not too surprising that I started off by rattling off like eight different names (Well, technically nine, but Goku was just a haha funny thing that isn't supposed to be taken seriously)

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Similar for me but I also like a Sony Rep, possibly it could be the last job due to how big of a surprise it would be in universe
I'd love to see a Sony rep, but it's not a "must-have". You don't look at Ultimate and think "where the **** is Sackboy". That's the kind of charcter I'm thinking about here.

warpenguin55

Smash Journeyman
That isn't measuring the must-have-ness of a character, that's just measuring how exciting of a pick they are. Sephiroth would win this test, but I'd struggle to say that Ultimate was in any way obligated to have him.
This is just the bare minimum. If nobody would be excited about the character getting in, then why should they be considered a must have?

ahemtoday

Smash Ace
This is just the bare minimum. If nobody would be excited about the character getting in, then why should they be considered a must have?
I think you're getting too hung up on the language here. Rereading the original job post, the entire point of this is to find characters who feel like they should be in already, not the "hypest" picks. Examples given in the post include Little Mac, Krystal, and Toad; none of whom I think would pass your "crowd test".

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I think you're getting too hung up on the language here. Rereading the original job post, the entire point of this is to find characters who feel like they should be in already, not the "hypest" picks. Examples given in the post include Little Mac, Krystal, and Toad; none of whom I think would pass your "crowd test".
to be fair, Little Mac was a top request in the Smash 4 days.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero

100 people of what though? Sure you've specified that they're on the fence. But are they casual Nintendo fans who've only played Mario Kart or Mario Party? Playstation fans? Xbox fans? PC fans? Hardcore fighting game fans? People just getting into video games?

You could pretty much fit the results to whatever you want depending on what fanbase you choose. A guy who loves Toad for example will just imagine 100 people (or some majority percentage) who also like Toad and a guy who hates him will imagine 100 people (or some majority percentage) who also hate him.

Last edited:

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
So i posted in the discord but there's a lot of these that i just don't see. Star Fox isn't popular enough or pushed hard enough to warrent 4 roster spots. Geno has no case unless we're talking about fan demand only. If you polled random gamers how many would have even heard of Chibi Robo or Andy?

On the other hand, it would feel kinda odd if the next smash game came and went right now and Officer Howard was nowhere to be found. Or if they just didn't add any more western 3rd parties. I don't really think not having someone like Dixie is a big deal either given that she's the 3rd string protag in the series.

Someone like Toad does feel kinda odd to me though since he's in practically every Mario game now and that's easily the largest series Nintendo has. I could easily see some surprise about him not being here. You could make the same argument i made above about Dixie here but the current DK series isnt anywhere close to the same size as the Mario series.

Overall i think there's a lot more wishlisting than anything else here. Nothing wrong with that but thats not what we were asked to do either

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Brawl easily included many “must haves back in the day like Dedede, Meta Knight, Diddy, Pit, Wario, and arguably Wolf. The rest were just further dessert on the cake. Smash 4 built upon that roster and adding a lot of out of left field picks which, technically, left a lot of those who were considered priority picks who never made it to Ultimate. Should we try to fix that by looking at these previously popular picks?

warpenguin55

Smash Journeyman
100 people of what though? Sure you've specified that they're on the fence. But are they casual Nintendo fans who've only played Mario Kart or Mario Party? Playstation fans? Xbox fans? PC fans? Hardcore fighting game fans? People just getting into video games?

You could pretty much fit the results to whatever you want depending on what fanbase you choose. A guy who loves Toad for example will just imagine 100 people (or some majority percentage) who also like Toad and a guy who hates him will imagine 100 people (or some minority percentage) who also hate him.
Fair question. Ideally they'd be Nintendo fans somewhere between casual and hardcore. IDK how much that helps

If a character should have been added a long time ago, there would be some hype around them finally being included. If they really mattered that much to the history of Nintendo, people would want them. If FE Awakening got no characters added after saving the franchise, there would probably be some hype around one of the characters if they just now got added

And why don't you think Little Mac and Toad could pass the test? Little Mac would have for Smash 4 and I'd feel good about Toad.

Last edited:

SharkLord

Smash Hero

You could pretty much fit the results to whatever you want depending on what fanbase you choose. A guy who loves Toad for example will just imagine 100 people (or some majority percentage) who also like Toad and a guy who hates him will imagine 100 people (or some majority percentage) who also hate him.
Yeah, that's the thing. If I want to please a room of 100 people, I'll need the demographics, play history, and interests of each and every one of those 100 people so I can find the optimal solution. If I just try to find the character who appeals to the most people, there's still a lot of room for error no matter who you choose because we don't know what those 100 people are into.

And that's why I'm filtering the selection to be only Touhou fans so I can rig the room into liking what I like specifically

warpenguin55

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, that's the thing. If I want to please a room of 100 people, I'll need the demographics, play history, and interests of each and every one of those 100 people so I can find the optimal solution. If I just try to find the character who appeals to the most people, there's still a lot of room for error no matter who you choose because we don't know what those 100 people are into.

And that's why I'm filtering the selection to be only Touhou fans so I can rig the room into liking what I like specifically
This. It's not so much if they will leave the room or not, it's more about if you feel like they'll do so.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Fair question. Ideally they'd be Nintendo fans somewhere between casual and hardcore. IDK how much that helps
Even among Nintendo fans, there are a lot of divisions. There are those like are more interested in JRPGs like Fire Emblem and Xenoblade, there are those that like platformers like Mario and DKC, there are those that like Metroidvanias or Zelda or whatever, etc.

Toad fan? I'll just imagine 100 people who love Mario Party! Want another Zelda character? 100 Zelda fans coming right up! A Metroid fan will imagine tons of Metroid fans or some majority, a Mother fan will do the same, etc. And so on and so forth.

Last edited:

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
Brawl easily included many “must haves back in the day like Dedede, Meta Knight, Diddy, Pit, Wario, and arguably Wolf. The rest were just further dessert on the cake. Smash 4 built upon that roster and adding a lot of out of left field picks which, technically, left a lot of those who were considered priority picks who never made it to Ultimate. Should we try to fix that by looking at these previously popular picks?
I'm a solid maybe on it right now. We would badly have to pinpoint who works for this and who doesn't because given the last few pages it seems like there's really not many picks everyone agrees on as missing. Back in the Brawl days that was a lot easier to mark. Now that we have something like 90 characters in our game people's visions for what Smash should be and and who should be in it are going to vary a lot. What I've learned the most from this is that while there are frontrunners in the speculation scene, there isn't anything that is a 100% "Well yeah, obviously they should be in" like you would have with Bowser in Melee or Diddy Kong in Brawl or Inkling in Ultimate

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Enough time has passed since we first started Alt color submissions so we will be closing them. The Leadership Team will be finishing off the rest of them.

We will be concluding our discussion in the next hour so please wrap up any last points you may have.

We will be progressing forward to our next job as discussion winds down and that’s adding further content to our Adventure Mode: Wishing Stars which will debut in this portion of the Direct following the Splatoon content. Previously, we decided on the style and story. For now, we will be adding one more content...

Job #108: An Adventure Mode Exclusive Boss
This boss will be exclusive to our Adventure Mode and will not be available in Classic Mode, Smash Dungeon, or Boss Spheres. This boss can be from first or third party and can be from a series present in Smash or currently absent. If it’s from a third party series that is currently absent in Smash, it must be from a series/game that had at least one game on a Nintendo console in its history.

Alright I guess I might as well attempt to write my own bout of fan fiction.

Job 91: Wishing Stars

The trailer opens up on Final Destination with Master Hand overlooking the several worlds of Smash Bros. through different portals. The camera pans to the different portals showcasing what each character is doing in their respective worlds. Kirby is fighting off King Dedede who once again appears to be hoarding all of Dream Land's delicious food. Dedede swings a Waddle Doo at Kirby his hammer. Kirby inhales it becoming Beam Kirby and fires off an electric beam from his want at King Dedede sending him flying.

In the Mario world, Mario is battling Bowser Jr. atop an airship. Bowser Jr. shoots a cannon ball from his clown car that Mario narrowly avoids in slow motion. In the Zelda world Link is surrounded by Bokoblins as he desperately attempts to fend them off. The portals show off the various worlds faster as it goes by each one, passing by Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong swinging through vines, Samus getting ready to fight Mother Brain, Captain Falcon racing and Pokemon Trainer commanding Charizard to attack an opposing Mewtwo with Pikachu lending him a helping hand.

The camera pans over back to Master Hand from a front facing view as it raises over him to reveal a glowing crimson orb. The camera switches over the to the orb which reveals a sinister face appearing from within it, something akin to Giygas from Earthbound. Master Hand rears his head/face/front facing area(?????) and sees the crimson orb slowly bulging as if something was trying to escape from it. Master Hand releases its own ball of yellow light that splits into several more and spreads it across each of the portals.

Meanwhile over at the Mushroom Kingdom where Mario is combatting Bowser Jr., Mario shoots a fireball to which Bowser Jr. hops out of his clown car with his hammer in hand attempting to swing at Mario. Before as Bowser Jr. gets his swing off, Mario readies a punch by swinging his arm backwards. Just the two land their hits, colliding their attacks, Bowser steps onto the field and lets out a mighty roar scaring both of them.

Bowser slowly walks, shaking the entire airship as he walks. Mario readies his fists as his old arch-nemesis finally enters the fray. Instead of attacking Mario however, Bowser points up to the sky. Both Mario and Bowser Jr. look up to the sky to see a large wormhole appear. From the wormhole, the small ball of yellow light emerges. Upon reaching the airship, it immediately transforms into a small little creature that looks very similar to a Primid but without the Subspace symbol, its face is a light yellow instead of purple, has tiny little angelic wings and a red top hat.

The creature which will be dubbed as an "Infitemite" (because it just sounded funny lol) hands Mario a letter while performing flamboyant flips and strikes a pose. Mario opens the letter first but Bowser Jr. gets greedy and snatches it from him showing it to his dad. Mario dizzy, looks up and sees the two have a shocked expression on their faces. Mario takes back the letter and eyes it over and reacts in the same way as his eyes gloss over the letter.

Across several other dimensions, the respective characters meet their own Infitemites with differently coloured top hats. What could be written in the letter that is invigorating all the characters of Super Smash Bros.? Mario drops the letter and runs jumping right into the portal. The suction is enough to pull him. Frustrated, Bowser runs after him but his jump isn't as high enough and falls off the airship. Bowser Jr. is quick to think and flies down as the camera shows him disappear into the space below him, then pulling Bowser up, albeit with difficulty, into the portal.

The camera soon pans over the letter. It reads as follows:

"Dear fighter,

You have been courteously invited to partake in the Wishing Stars Championship. I wish to see the strongest fight against each other in the world I have created. The champion who stands above the rest will be granted one wish of their choosing. May the best champion seek victory and prove the strength of their will before all else."

As Mario jumps through the wormhole, he imagines a gigantic festival at Peach's Castle while he proposes to Peach in his wedding attire. Bowser jumping in imagines a strong and powerful castle with a large armada by his side, Kirby envisions a peaceful Popstar free of strife, Donkey Kong pictures a ripe forest filled with bananas to his hearts content, Link sees himself with a powerful sword imbued with enough light to stop all malice and Pikachu envisioning companionship among others of his kind.

Several characters such as Wario, Samus, Yoshi, Cloud, Snake, Terry and others are seen jumping into their own portals as well in a rapid sequence until the screen glares white. Sparkles appear to form the title of the Adventure Mode, Wishing Stars. The two options New Game, Continue and Settings as the white background fades out to show a view of a large green and blue planet from outer space.

Tl;dr: Master Hand sends a bunch of reformed Primids to hand out invites for a large competition. The winner will receive one wish of their choosing and of course, who wouldn't want that? In the meantime, something sinister appears to be happening in the backdrop with a suspicious entity behind imprisonment in a crimson cage.
When submitting, please provide the name, series, what the boss does in battle, and why they should be included.

Last edited:

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Enough time has passed since we first started Alt color submissions so we will be closing them. The Leadership Team will be finishing off the rest of them.

We will be concluding our discussion in the next hour so please wrap up any last points you may have.

We will be progressing forward to our next job as discussion winds down and that’s adding further content to our Adventure Mode: Wishing Stars which will debut in this portion of the Direct following the Splatoon content. Previously, we decided on the style and story. For now, we will be adding one more content...

Job #108: An Adventure Mode Exclusive Boss
This boss will be exclusive to our Adventure Mode and will not be available in Classic Mode, Smash Dungeon, or Boss Spheres. This boss can be from first or third party and can be from a series present in Smash or currently absent. If it’s from a third party series that is currently absent in Smash, it must be from a series/game that had at least one game on a Nintendo console in its history.

When submitting, please provide the name, series, what the boss does in battle, and why they should be included.
Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom
Any information you can give me on the story of the adventure mode, I would like my boss to have some relevance to the plot and not be like Porky minch in Brawl who just sort of appeared

warpenguin55

Smash Journeyman
Job 108: Tabuu

He'd keep all of his attacks from Brawl, but I got a few new ones for him too.

Subspace Bomb:
2 ROBS holding a Subspace Bomb are summoned. The bomb will have a countdown over it's head and the fight continues. After about 30-45 seconds the bomb will explode. If Tabuu uses Chains of Light while the bomb is in play, he will always throw you at the bomb.

Summon: Minions:
Tabuu floats backwards, becoming untouchable for the duration of this move. He then summons 3 subspace portals that continuously spawn enemies until destroyed. 1 will always spawn Primids, but the other 2 can spawn any minions. Once all 3 portal are destroyed, the attack ends.

Gust:
Tabuu teleports to 1 side of the stage and flaps his wings, causing a huge gust of wind. The wind will blow all items and random things such as boulders in your direction. If the Subspace Bomb is in play, that will also be blown towards you. Hitting Tabuu 3 times will end this attack early.

I'd like Tabuu to be included because I really liked that Boss fight and was a bit annoyed it wasn't in World of Light

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom
Any information you can give me on the story of the adventure mode, I would like my boss to have some relevance to the plot and not be like Porky minch in Brawl who just sort of appeared
I included the original post pertaining to it.

Last edited:

Krookodilian

Smash Ace
Spirit Submissions
With all the Subspace enemies done, Splatoon spirits are now open to be submitted due to DJ Octavio's inclusion. After looking over the available art and characters from Splatoon, there don't seem to be too many left to add, so we will also be opening spirit submissions from the Mother Series, since Porky got second in the newcomer poll. Sprites are allowed for the Mother series, but please still submit characters deserving of a spirit and not anything with a sprite. No limits on how many may be submitted at once. As usual please use the provided format as well as include all the necessary information. Here's one to start us off.
1621900022684.png
Cap'n Cuttlefish (Octo Expansion) (Splatoon 2: Octo Expansion)
Class: Advanced
Type: Attack Primary, 0 Slots
Effect: None
  • Summon from the cores of Cap'n Cuttlefish, C.Q. Cumber, and 9-Volt & 18-Volt

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
downloadfile.jpg
Hinox (BOTW)
A boss enemy, related to the bokoblins alongside the lynel they are some the tougher enemies to defeat, but their increasingly tougher colored cousins allow them adaptability to become a recurring boss if your into to that sort of thing, with other BOTW enemies getting some representation let's have the largest of them all appear, in all three colored no less

ATTACKS:

all colored hinoxes have some attacks shared between them

Bellyslam: its main attack where it tries to bury you with a belly flop attack

Enemy toss: toss a bokoblin or moblin and launches them into the fighter

Foodie:a barrel of meat can drop down and the hinox can eat it for extra health

Stuff the Blue Hinox can do

Wood Anklet: It has more protection in its leg area meaning you must focus your attacks in the upper areas to hit it effectively, the gaurd can be broken with a few strong attacks or destroyed instantly with a fire attack

Tree Toss: Self Explanatory, it tosses a tree at the fighter, it's one of its strongest attacks dealing large damage and chance of burying

Tree Sword: OR, it can swing it like a sword

Stuff only the Black Hinox can do

Metal Anklet: unlike the blue one this hinox has an anklet of metal that is immune to any attacks, but it can become a weak point if you can weild electric attacks

Shockwave: it does a big butt stomp that causes a damaging shockwave to appear

Bomb Barrel Juggle: Self explanatory, it juggles a bunch of explosive barrels before dropping them on the player

Bad Breath: Barrels of rotten meat will drop and the hinox can eat it to can a one time use breath attack of poisonous noxious green gas

With all these attacks the hinox can be a surpresenlgy crafty for and a potentially cool arena beast style battle of icnresegly difficulty

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
Job 108:

Dr. Coyle - ARMS

Who is Dr Coyle?

Dr Coyle is the main villain of ARMS(assuming anyone actually qualifies for that role given what the creator said). Being one of the 2 final boss options in the Grand Prix mode and for sure being more evil than Max Brass, Dr. Coyle is for all intents and purposes, the final boss of the game. Her backstory is that she wanted to be the greatest ARMS fighter of all time, which lead her to perform a number of scientific experiments on herself to try and get there.

What would Dr. Coyle do?
Dr. Coyle would be a fairly uncomplicated boss fight. She'd float around the stage using her base arms from the game, which are the Lokjaw, Parabola, and Brrchuk. She'd occasionally fly over the players heads and launch attacks or zip around to get a better position in if you damage her too much.

Why Dr Coyle?
I like the idea of Dr Coyle being a boss here for a few reasons. First, I like the idea of an ARMS boss. However, a character from ARMS doesn't really feel like it would fit in with the other bosses, such as the ones that would work for the Boss Sphere. That being said, ARMS is still a 1st party series that could use a little more content in the game and this would be a good way to represent a character who probably isn't going to be playable. Also, while Coyle does feel like a good choice for a boss, I think the idea of her, the person who's worked her whole life to be the best fighter in the ARMS universe, not getting a Wishing Star invite would be a cause for a ton of motivation to do something to try and interrupt it. She wouldn't be the final boss but I imagine getting her on board with whatever plan causes things to eventually go south(as they usually do in this setting) would be something she would want in on.

Adrianette Bromide

Smash Lord
Let's get the ball rolling with a Pigmask, the main enemy fodder of Mother 3.

39706faa8ae1827ce4b48a037e5a27b22865d088_00.gif
Pigmask (Mother 3)
Class: Novice
Type: Support Attack
Slots: ⬡
Effect: Ray Gun
  • Puppet Fighter: Cyan Wario x8
  • Stage: New Porky City
  • Music Track: Porky's Theme
  • Match: Stock (1)
  • Conditions:
    • The enemy starts the battle with a Ray Gun.

airConditioner

Smash Ace
never play splat zones against a team with 4 tenta missiles, worst mistake of my life

Tenta Missiles (Splatoon 2)
Class: Ace
Type: Support Attack
Slots: ⬡⬡
Effect: Chance of Double Final Smash
  • Puppet Fighter: Snake (Green)
  • Stage: Moray Towers
  • Music Track: Entropical
  • Match: Stock (1)
  • Conditions:
    • The enemy will suddenly have a Final Smash

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Job 108

Bringing this boy back.

Cyberdemon

Origin: DOOM

Stage: A destroyed science facility in a fashion similar to Galleom's but on fire and with wires hanging down.

Mechanics:
The Cyberdemon is a large figure about the size of Ganon, like ganon they jump around the stage.

Abilities:
-Rocket Arm: The Cyberdemon shoots homing rockets from its arm
-Laser: The Cyberdemon charges up a large blast and then fires a massive laser from it's arm
-Bombardment: The Cyberdemon launches several smaller explosives on the ground that explode after a little while
-Roar: The Cyberdemon roars stunning anyone next to them
-Charge: The Cyberdemon charges forwards
-Firewall: at half-health it summons several pillars that are on fire and deal damage once touched, they are destroyed once the Cyberdemon charges

(Doom 1 released on the SNES, and they had the Nintendo exclusive DOOM 64. Nowadays all Doom games are on the switch including 2016 and Eternal.)

The Cyberdemon was accidentally summoned to the Tournament, It is up to the other participants to destroy it.

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
OK, so there's gonna be some sidequests in this mode, right? Here's one that leads into an optional boss, one seen nowhere else.
1621899843058.png

Flowey the Flower, from the hit Indie RPG Undertale, apppears in Wishing Stars! On the overworld, you find him on a secluded part of the map, perhaps in a cave or in a field. When you talk to him, he says this.

*Heya! My name's Flowey, Flowey the Flower! You see, when all these dimensions collided, I found myself stuck here, and I don't dare go anywhere with all these strong fighters around! I'll get beat to a pulp! Speaking of it, you look pretty tough. How about a deal?

*Great! I think there are still a few spirits lying around from the last time the dimensions collided like this. (Flowey hands you a note). I think if you take out... these seven spirits, I should be able to traverse this world freely. That isn't too big an ask, right! Now hop to it!

Who these seven spirits are isn't particularly relevant. They could be randomly generated, or 7 chosen by us at a later date. Regardless, we beat those seven spirit battles (three Novices, one Advanced, two Aces, and one Legend) and return to Flowey.

*Wow! You actually got the spirits! Can I see them up close, just to be sure? (you let the spirits float towards Flowey. His face turns evil). WOW, YOU'RE AN EVEN BIGGER IDIOT THAN THE LAST PERSON I MET! YOU BASICALLY HANDED ME THESE SOULS ON A SILVER PLATTER! NOW I SHALL REGAIN MY TRUE FORM! ......
1621900765308.png

JOB 108 - Asriel Dreemurr!
Undertale - Asriel Dreemurr Sprite in colour | Undertale pixel art, Pixel  art, Undertale

The god of Hyperdeath conned you into bringing him back to full power! You must stop him before he takes over the multiverse! Asriel is a very unique boss, considering he's souped up on sprits but you aren't. All of his attacks are basically final smashes, and any damage you do to him is chip damage. Basically unwinnable, right? I guess you could try to take out Asriel via damaging him, it does work in theory, but there's an easier solution. Survive for three minutes without hitting him. This is the best way I could think to implement pacifism in the boss fight. After this, he realizes how futile this is and SPARES you. This isn't easy, though, becaue you have to survive his crazy attack patterns for three minutes without dying. Here's what you must deal with:

• All his attacks from Undertale, save for Hyper Goner, return, with only minor changes (mostly timing changes to account for you being in something closer to "blue" mode than "red" mode). He deals so much damage that the numbers are basically irrelevant, think of battling a WOL boss without spirits. That's how much damage he does. This doesn't include the attacks from the "rematches" with the bosses of Undertale.
  • MINI-GONER!: That being said, he does reference the one attack that didn't make it back, merged with Sans's Gaster Blasters. Small versions of the Goat Skull appear, absorbing particles into it's mouth. This a relatively weak attack, but it covers a large area.
  • ENERGY SPHERE!: This attack is based on Pikachu's old final smash (Asriel's attacks are supposed to be what a little kid with too much power would come up with, so a few final smash themed attacks make sense (Asriel canonically plays smash and mains Yoshi). A large sphere spawns and homes in on the foe, just barely slow enough so that if you're constantly moving you can dodge it. It does big-er damage.
  • FLAME BREATH!: Based on Yoshi's old Final smash. Asriel sprouts (basically cosmetic) angelic wings and floats across the screen, dealing big damage if you get hit. This attack is relatively easy to dodge, but lasts for awhile.
  • ANGELIC SHARDS!: Based on Zelda and Sheik's old Final Smash. Asriel summons a bow made of pure light, and gets in front of the player (think of Master Hand's bullet attack). After a moment to react, he fires. If you shield you're good, but if you get hit you're a goner.
  • MINION ATTACK!: Based on Pit's old Final Smash. Small, floating, flower-like things float onto screen, flying into the player. Easy to dodge, but this attack goes on for awhile and does big damage.
  • MINION FLYTRAP!: Based on an attack from Omega/Photoshop Flowey's fight. a Venus Flytrap .png appears in the screen, and a bunch of flowery minions fly into it. The minions are much weaker than in the other attack, but they knock you into the venus flytrap, which does huge damage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom