• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Infinite Project (Finally Finished!???)

Which title should we use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Robotto

Smash Ace
A bit out of the blue, but congrats everyone here on reaching a 100 pages worth of brainstorming a potential Smash Sequel!

Let's go for a hundred more!!

Job 81: Newcomer Prompt

Include a character from a series only represented through Spirits and/or Music in Ultimate or Infinite! (no Assist Trophies or Playable Characters)​

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Job #81: Submit a Newcomer Job Prompt

A first-party character from a Switch-exclusive game.

Considering how Smash newcomers usually draw heavily from the previous console and the success of Switch, I think it makes sense to add an original character who made their debut on the system.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Perkilator Perkilator
Not that I am against Euden but this prompt seems very much like just an excuse to add the character. It doesn’t really allow for much creativity or competition. I’m going to sleep on it for a while before deciding to veto it. However, you are free to provide a possible alternative or change to make it more in-line with the other submissions or, if you feel like it, make an argument to why this submission shouldn’t be vetoed.

As I typically come up with prompts, I will be abstaining from this. Looking forward to what you guys come up with!

Voting for items ends in about 8 hours.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Writing Team
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
If this win we already know it's Dragalia lmao
......I feel like this is what Venus just talked about with not taking overly specific submissions

Cause let's be real, there are not a lot of options for a mobile Nintendo character
I mean, there’s still FEH to pull from with its OC’s.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I mean, there’s still FEH to pull from with its OC’s.
That's what I was thinking and, technically, we could kill two birds with one stone...adding both a mobile character and an FE rep.

I know nothing of FE mobile. What characters would be plausible from the FE mobile games?

warpenguin55

Smash Journeyman
A character from a popular e-sports game
edit: I failed to read.

Change this to a character from a series with 2 reps or less unique fighters

Last edited:

Adrianette Bromide

Smash Lord
All things considered, Meltan or its evolution Melmetal is also a viable option for a mobile rep. Meltan's first appearance was in Pokemon GO and later appeared in Let's Go (a game tied to Pokemon GO). That makes for it, Euden and the FEH OCs to choose from.
But that's my bias speaking because I really want another Pokemon rep in Ult to be Melmetal haha.

anyways...

Job 81: Character Prompts

A new Mii archetype

osby

Smash Obsessed
That's what I was thinking and, technically, we could kill two birds with one stone...adding both a mobile character and an FE rep.

I know nothing of FE mobile. What characters would be plausible from the FE mobile games?
Kiran or Summoner, the player avatar from Fire Emblem Heroes, might make an interesting addition.

They originally had no role in the gameplay but were later added as a playable unit. They wield Breidablik, a relic that looks like a gun, to summon heroes. While it wouldn't summon full-fledged characters in Smash for obvious reasons, it can act as a middle/long-range weapon. Aside from the inherent self-buff skill they have, they could also use any other skill in the Heroes, which can make a very versatile and unique moveset.

Even their alts can be lifted directly from their six portraits plus two hooded looks.

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord
Job 81:

Submit a Mario/Yoshi/Donkey Kong/Wario newcomer

Yeah, we already have both Waluigi and Ashley, but there are loads of iconic and unique characters within the Mario universe and it isn’t uncommon for us to get multiple Mario newcomers in one game. Ultimate only had a handful of newcomers, but included Daisy, K. Rool and Piranha Plant. I think we definitely have room for one or two more characters from the Mario series.

Last edited:

SharkLord

Smash Hero

Let's see... Sticking to the main characters that get used for the app icon, we have:
  • Alfonse and Sharena, the consistent main characters
  • Kiran, the Summoner (Though since we already have the Breidablik, I think we can count them out)
  • Veronica, the main antagonist of Book One and recurring character afterward.
  • Fjorm, the other main character of Book Two
  • Eir, the other main character of Book Three
  • Peony, the other main character of Book Four
  • Reginn, the other main character of Book Five
Plus a lot of villains and secondary characters or varying relevance. But let's be honest, at this rate a mobile submission phase would just be Fire Emblem Heroes feat. Euden from Dragalia Lost. Speaking of which...

Job 81 - Contractual Obligations (Translation: Submit a Fire Emblem Character)
You know I had to do it to ya.

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
But let's be honest, at this rate a mobile submission phase would just be Fire Emblem Heroes feat. Euden from Dragalia Lost. Speaking of which...
And to be completely honest I'm not holding my breath for FE to win honestly, I don't want to jinxed myself but Dragalia will probably out best them all (as much as I wanted Granblue Fantasy to be Cygames' first rep)

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
Job 81

So if i had a complaint to make about the roster it would be that the characters are mostly predictable. The only huge surprise here might be RE and Stylist. Barista is a bit of one but an RH rep getting in isnt that shocking. So, to continue things going in a more off beat direction my prompt is:

Please submit a WTF character.

By WTF character i mean something more along the lines of Game and Watch, ROB, or Plant in the sense that nobody is really putting money on them being playable or even really speculating them at all. Maybe they get brought up every so often but not in a serious manner

Last edited:

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
I would like to make a request on the making smash dungeons

I think aside from the multiplayer mode their is a single player endurance mode, the goal of this mode is to travel the randomly generated floors and collect keys to the next floor, and every 5 or so floors you face a boss, it also plays like a dungeon crawler featuring shops and special abilities you can use throughout the entirely of this run

Each character will act as a save file, for example if you play the mode as Lucus your run is saves as Lucus and you cant play a different run as Lucus until you either die or delete your file

I just thought of this idea because with all the franchises we can represent with hundreds of enemies I just think a single player endless mode would work really well alongside the normal mode

I know it may or may not be significantly different from the main smash dungeons but I think an idea like this would work really well

@venusofdesertrose

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Job #81

Submit a character that debuted in the 2000s.

As of Ultimate, the 2000s are a woefully underrepresented decade. Only 13 fighters debuted in it (compared to 25 for the 80s, 30 for the 90s, and 15 for the 10s). While we've done a great job at fixing that - all our first party characters save for Dee are from the 2000s - I think there's still a lot of ground to cover.

ahemtoday

Smash Ace
Job 81:
Submit a character whose debut game is a genre other than platformer or RPG.

The vast majority of series in Smash are either platformers (Mario, DK, Yoshi, Kirby, Ice Climbers, Sonic, Mega Man, Castlevania, Banjo-Kazooie; joined by Crash in Infinite) or RPGs (Pokémon, EarthBound, Fire Emblem, Xenoblade, Final Fantasy, Persona, Dragon Quest; joined by Isaac in Infinite). Meanwhile, other genres of game are completely unrepresented.

We've made good progress on this front already: Stylist is... well, certainly neither of those genres; Barista is our first rhythm game character, and Jill and Leon are Smash's first fighters from a horror game. Even so, there are still types of game left unrepresented, and it's always nice to get a bit more variety, even of a genre we already have.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Job #81

Submit a character with "no moveset potential" that we can create an entirely original moveset for.

Captain Falcon, Fox, Ice Climbers, R.O.B., Little Mac - what do these guys (and one gal) have in common? They do only one or two things in their games of origin so Smash made stuff up. That's the sort of moveset I'm thinking of. Some examples of characters who could get this treatment are:

Virtual Boy
Kuru Kuru Kururin
Magikarp
Jobski
Giegue
Qbby
A lot of generic enemies
Most of the WarioWare and black box NES characters

Last edited:

Krookodilian

Smash Ace
Job #81: Duo Fighter

Any fighter that is composed of multiple characters, whether it be a puppet character like RosaLuma, two characters that fight as one like DHD or BK, or a character that has a double like the Ice Climbers, qualifies for this prompt.

There have been some complaints that the roster is feeling somewhat predictable, so why not mix it up with a Duo fighter. There are various options from various series, such as Grovyle & Celebi from Mystery Dungeon, an Astral Chain rep, Adeleine and Ribbon, Skull Kid and Tatl & Tael, Plusle & Minun, and the list goes on.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Job #81: Duo Fighter

Any fighter that is composed of multiple characters, whether it be a puppet character like RosaLuma, two characters that fight as one like DHD or BK, or a character that has a double like the Ice Climbers, qualifies for this prompt.

There have been some complaints that the roster is feeling somewhat predictable, so why not mix it up with a Duo fighter. There are various options from various series, such as Grovyle & Celebi from Mystery Dungeon, an Astral Chain rep, Adeleine and Ribbon, Skull Kid and Tatl & Tael, Plusle & Minun, and the list goes on.
I can't see Grobyle and Celebi as duo fighters, unless you would classify Peach as a duo fighter with toad.

Job #80

Submit a serpentine fighter.
I can't think of one serpentine fighter that isn't a Pokemon, let alone enough to make it a fair poll

Krookodilian

Smash Ace
I can't see Grobyle and Celebi as duo fighters, unless you would classify Peach as a duo fighter with toad.
My idea would basically work like Duck Hunt Duo, where Celebi floats next to Grovyle the whole time, and Celebi does some of the attacks, and Grovyle does some of the other attacks. Other concepts could work as well, like Celebi acting like Luma, so I think there are ways to make it work. A partner is also a concept in the Mystery Dungeon games so referencing this in some way would be ideal as well.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Here are the results of the item voting session! Im
Glad we had a good and varied response.

Explosive (Examples includes X-Bomb, Smart Bomb, Bomb-omb)
Nitro Crate Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario 2
Bomb Rocks Otoad64 Otoad64 5
Timed Dynamite Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom 1

Throwing (includes Boomerang, Bumper)
Bonneter cashregister9 cashregister9 4
Confidant @Janx_uwu 2

Status (includes Super Leaf, Metal Box, Timer)
Cape Feather Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario 5
Rocky Helmet Krookodilian Krookodilian 3

Shooting (Includes Ray Gun, Superscope, Staff)
Poseidon Cannon cashregister9 cashregister9 0
Rainmaker airConditioner airConditioner 6
Widget Gun Krookodilian Krookodilian 2

Hybrid (Includes Evil Ramblin' Mushroom (Shooting/Status), Black Hole, Pitfall Seed, & Beehive (throwing/trap)
Spirit Stone Flashlight airConditioner airConditioner 4
Palm Tree Sapling Glubbfubb Glubbfubb 1
Oil Drum GoodGrief741 GoodGrief741 3
Buddy Phone Jomosensual Jomosensual 0
Cannon Box @aOtoad64 0

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom