• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Infinite Project (Finally Finished!???)

Which title should we use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
CAPCOM Assist Trophy

Sissel (Ghost Trick)

Sissel is the main character of Capcom's puzzle adventure DS game, Ghost Trick created by the same person who made Ace Attorney, Shu Takumi. He is a ghosts who died not knowing about his memories with the main objective is to save someone lives through possessing inanimate object in order to help him recover his past which will be his gimmick as an assist. (and also ghost and zombie is a classic halloween monster)

Upon being summoned Sissel will turn into a ball of spirit and will possessed everything around him, this ability is called "Ghost Trick", he could possessed enemies by reversing their control, shooting item like Steel Diver where it will work the same like you normally used and melee item like Killing Edge in which he slices forward horizontally, and pick-up items like Crate and Pitfall by throwing them at the enemy. But. the downside is that he only could do this one at a time.

CAPCOM Mii Costume

Servbot (MegaMan Legends)

Servbot is probably one of, if not Capcom's main mascot, they appear as a cameo in numerous game notably in Dead Rising with a mask in the shape of their head with their color scheme pretty much matching with Capcom's own logo. The mii costume itself, while the Servbot themselves can do many different task it's mostly going to be only for Mii Brawler but at least the head itself could be equipped with anything which is probably the most iconic part about the character.

Last edited:

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord
Looks like we have some mixed feelings, but I for one am quite happy to see Leon added. RE4 was my **** growing up, and RE2 Remake was one of my favorite games of the past few years. When I think about RE, Leon is always the character that comes to mind. Having him alongside Jill feels good.
Smash sequel leon.png

Here's an update to the newcomer banner with all of the changes suggested by Krookodilian Krookodilian . I'm not sure if we established this, but I'm guessing that we're going with Leon's RE4 appearance as his default.

BowserKing

Smash Lord
Assist Trophy: Elec Man

Returning from the fourth Super Smash Bros game, Elec Man is ready to assist once more.

His attacks are the same as his assist version in the fourth Super Smash Bros game.

Mr. Robotto

Smash Ace
Job 73:
dan-stupid.gif
Assist Trophy Dan Hibiki!!
dan-stupid.gif

Don_Habuki.png

Alright, let's be real here. There aren't enough joke Assist Trophies in Smash. And you know who could both fill that role in and is from Capcom as well? Dan Hibiki, master of the Saikyo Fighting Style!

Dan Hibiki first graced the Street Fighter series ever since Street Fighter Alpha and is pretty much a series regular at this point, with both coming back in SFIV and SFV with its latest season of DLC. He was intentionally made bad as a joke character, as a jab towards fellow fighting game company SNK. How does this adorable lad have anything to do with SNK you may ask? Well, get tucked in for a history lesson. Not long after Street Fighter 2 came out, SNK released Art of Fighting, starring Ryo Sakazaki and Robert Garcia. Capcom thought Ryo had a similarity in appearance, fighting style and name to Ryu and had the same hair color as Ken. In retaliation, Capcom introduced Dan as a secret character and many of his characteristics in the series and later appearances were developed to reflect those of certain other SNK characters. Dan's pink clothing is based off Ryo's orange attire, while his hairstyle and facial features is based off Robert's; he also taunts similarly to Yuri Sakazaki. With Capcom still using Dan to reference their rival even to this day, he is seen as a symbol of a healthy rivalry between 2 fighting game companies by fighting game fans.

Now how would he work in Smash? Well he'd alternate between 2 moves. Once summoned he will start to perform his Gadoken; a very short Hadouken-like projectile performed with his right hand, it disappears once it leaves his touch. If hit, it merely only does 1% damage with nearly no knockback at all. Yep, you sure showed them, Dan!

dan-hado.gif

His second move is Kyukyoku Tenchi Gado Zuki; Dan winds up via holding his leading hand outward and his following fist beside him at his waist, then in one single step, thrust-punches forward with his following fist. However, if it connects, Dan punches the opponent so hard that he breaks the bones in his hand, and needs some time to tend to it; Dan then recovers with a glittering-teeth smile with no signs of worry afterwards! This punch cannot be blocked, and it sends the opponent entirely to the other side of the screen if it hits successfully, despite all that though... It does 1% damage as well.

Dan-sc-punchspecial.gif
After a period of time he'll perform the thing he does best: a long taunt. But there's a catch! If the fighter that summons Dan has a meter (ex. Joker's Rebellion Gauge), the meter gets filled up by a quarter once Dan finishes his taunt. Characters with no meter will just have to look at a long-ass taunt, that's it.

With a pure smile and a thumbs-up at the finish of his taunt, Dan leaves the stage. Screaming "My awesome legend begins right now!" !!

Last edited:

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Alright, we've got a lot of the most iconic Capcom franchises repped here, Street Fighter, Mega Man, Resident Evil, Monster Hunter... but wait. One's missing...

1616519278232.png

Job 73: Capcom Assist Trophy

If he can't join the battle as a playable fighter, it's only fair to represent the most loyal to Nintendo Capcom character in the game somehow. The Ace Attorney himself, Phoenix Wright!

1616519526669.png

As an assist trophy, Phoenix walks around the stage for a few moments. When he gets in range of an enemy player, he'll do the only thing he knows how to do - use his words to elicit a reaction! He'll randomly determine one of his signature phrases and yell it, pointing at the target, and the iconic Ace Attorney bubble will appear, causing one of three effects.

1616519636276.png

Objection! - Phoenix's most iconic attack, the most used, is naturally the simplest. It deals 10-13% damage, and minimal hitstun. As a little bonus, as with Joker's curse effect, this puts a shocked expression on the opponent's face for a few seconds.

1616519733714.png

Hold It! - Meant to cease his courtroom foes' words right in the middle of a sentence during cross-examinations, Phoenix's second attack will trap the opponent right where he wants them with no knockback but increased hitstun. Time your attack to coincide with Phoenix's for a real 1-2-whammy!

1616520069814.png

Take That! - Phoenix's most powerful words, meant to cause the finishing blow in cracking a witness's testimony wide open. Phoenix will only use this once during each appearance, and he tends to save it for the end, though he may go for it if his target's at a high percentage. Deal minimal damage but criminally insane knockback, it proves that Phoenix's bite is just as bad as his bark.

Job 73, Part 2: Capcom Mii Costume

What will ya do when the dead are risin'? Call him - His Name's Frank!

1616520368055.png

A relatively simple Mii Swordfighter skin, Frank comes wielding his trusty camera, but more importantly, a baseball bat. Gotta have something to defend yourself against those psychopaths and pesky undead! For a fun little easter egg, it even comes with a second "style" option which wraps his bat in barbed wire (purely a cosmetic choice, of course.) He's covered wars, you know, but now he's covering the bout of the century - in Smash!​

Last edited:

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Job 73

Capcom Mii Costume

Sakura Kasugano (Street Fighter)

The most popular Street Fighter character is… Sakura? | Metro News

Ranked the most popular character in the Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Popularity Poll, Sakura is a solid fan favorite in the Street Fighter series in both Japan and the West, and has appeared in a number of crossovers including the Marvel vs Capcom series, the SNK vs Capcom series, and Namco x Capcom. She would be a Mii Brawler costume.

Capcom Assist Trophy

Morrigan Aensland (Darkstalkers)

The Captain Falcon of the Capcom Vs. series, the succubus from Darkstalkers has transcended her series popularity and become a mainstay of most Capcom crossovers, appearing front and center in many of their crossovers alongside Ryu and Chun-Li. As an Assist Trophy she would use her army of bats and her ability to reshape her wings into spikes or blades to attack her opponents.

Last edited:

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
Quick question: If a character gets put into the base game as an Assist Trophy, would that make them unable to be one of our DLC fighters?

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Capcom Mii Costume
Astaroth.png
Astaroth (Ghosts 'n Goblins, Brawler)

The final boss throughout the Ghosts 'n Goblins series, always going about snatching up princesses. The hat would be Astaroth's head, with your Mii's face peeking through it. Maybe Astaroth ate him idk

Capcom Assist Trophy
Red Arremer.png
Red Arremer (Ghosts 'n Goblins)

If you thought one 8-bit flying devil was bad, try seeing that devil move the screen when this little **** shows up.

The Red Arremer is a simple Assist Trophy in concept; it flies into the air, shoots fireballs, and occasionally dive bombs the player. However, the Red Arremer would usually fly out of an opponent's reach before shooting his fireballs and dive bombs them before flying back up again. His movements are completely erratic, making him a tough Assist Trophy to KO.

It's best to take on a Red Arremer using a character with a counter, so you can be prepared for his dive bomb attack.

Mr. Robotto

Smash Ace
Quick question: If a character gets put into the base game as an Assist Trophy, would that make them unable to be one of our DLC fighters?
Yes, Venus said so in this prompt.

You may reuse one of your ideas that you submitted during our Capcom Newcomer Submission phase which saw Jill get the most votes. Or you can add an entirely different character altogether! Please keep in mind that these submissions means that they won't be allowed to be promoted as a playable character in future DLC based on our current policy. Perhaps this is a great time to allow smaller universes that probably don't have a chance at getting a character to shine? These elements will interact with Jill and Leon in the reveal trailer.

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
Yes, Venus said so in this prompt.
Sorry, I wasn't specific enough. I was more so asking in regards to Assist Trophies that were from Ultimate.

Assist Trophy:
Deis (Breath of Fire)
BoF_Deis.png

Deis is a recurring character from the Breath of Fire series. Unlike the protagonist of the game Ryu (no, not that Ryu.) or his love interest Nina, she is the same individual in several games, as she is an Endless, an ageless species of godlike creatures. When she is summoned, she will perform various spells, including Flare, Cold and Spark.

Mii Costume:
Baby Bonnie Hood
Darkstalkers_Resurrection_BBHood.png

Seeing that we only have three Mii Costumes for the Mii Gunner, I figured that I might as well try submit a character who be a gunner. Then again, Gunner has the costumes in Ultimate. Baby Bonnie Hood is from Darkstalkers, the only non-magical playable character in the series. The costume would be split into the Dress for the body, and the Hood + Hair for the head, which would work similar to Veronica's Hat.

Yiptap

Smash Lord
Abstaining on Mii Fighter.
Surprisingly not submitted yet...
Capcom Assist Trophy: Sir Arthur

Sir Arthur would join Smash as an assist trophy! He would be a K.O.able assist trophy, and when he is 20% from being K.O.ed, he leaves his armor and is only in his boxers! For moves, Sir Arthur could throw his lance, which goes straight as a projectile and doesn't curve (Most common move). He could also use thunder magic, which stuns the foe and deals damage, but no knockback. Before Arthur leaves, he jumps to the most damaged player and uses the Goddess Bracelet on them, repeatedly damaging them. (Did this in a rush, may edit later)

Last edited:

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Capcom Mii Fighter: Sir Arthur

Sir Arthur would join Smash as an assist trophy! He would be a K.O.able assist trophy, and when he is 20% from being K.O.ed, he leaves his armor and is only in his boxers! For moves, Sir Arthur could throw his lance, which goes straight as a projectile and doesn't curve (Most common move). He could also use thunder magic, which stuns the foe and deals damage, but no knockback. Before Arthur leaves, he jumps to the most damaged player and uses the Goddess Bracelet on them, repeatedly damaging them. (Did this in a rush, may edit later)
Arthur was added into Ulitmate as a costume in the latest update.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Capcom Mii Fighter: Sir Arthur

Wouldn't he be listed as an AT and not a Mii?

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Mii Costume
Captain Commando Outfit fir Mii Brawler

In a perfect world, Captain Commando woukd if been Capcom’s mascot bit he sadly was sidelined by Ryu and the Monster Hunter series His name even has Captain Commando in it. We have tons of Brawler costumes but this one feels like a no brained to me.

Assist Trophy
Ruby Heart

Fitst appearing in Marvel vs Vapcom 2, thus attractive fighting pirate lady has a few tricks up her sleeve. When summoned, she fights using Her Special attaché which consists of:
  • Transforming into a ball of energy and flying back and forward across the screen
  • Throwing an anchor in front of her which deaks high damage
  • Causing a geyser of water to shoot up from the ground (the guarantee from Ruby us randomized)
  • Catching opponents, placing them in a cannon, and firing them.
  • Pulling out a treasure chest and opening it which reveals a ghost. It will latch onto the closest opponent and either drain them of health or, if the FS Meter us active, drain that.
She can be KO’d which grants the player a Jill point. Before vanishing, she waves her hat and bows

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
OK, I know we said no licensed game content, but I'm gonna have a go at this anyway. This character is an original creation for its game and has absolutely no ties to their game's source material so I think we could use the "TOP SECRET" title.

Job 73
Capcom Assist Trophy
Giant Moon Rat

The Moon Rat jumps and dashes about the stage. The Moon Rat can only be attacked at the top when it's attacker is in the air (down airs tend to be effective), an attack next to or below will be countered by the rat. When it has high damage it will glow green, become faster, deal more damage, and be able to teleport.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I imagine that perhaps a lot of people are getting tired of talking Capcom stuff so we will be doing a little side project aside from Capcom...

Job #75: Submit a new Victory Theme for the following characters

On the wiki, I added a list of victory themes for the roster but I left a few blank. We will be doing these in waves but please submit a victory theme of one of the following characters. One submission per persona. If a character doesn’t get more than one submissions, it wins by default. Otherwise, we vote which one we like best. Please only submit the following ones:
  • Luigi
  • Dr. Mario
  • Ganondorf
  • Young Link
  • Toon Link
  • Wolf
We will be doing the Pokémon reps next time.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
New toon link Victory Theme

This song starting at 14 seconds and ending at 23 seconds, the song would be slightly remixed to flow better.

Last edited:

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
Job 73

Assist Trophy
Arthur - Ghosts and Goblins

With Capcom being ruled out for a while and there still being a ton of popular characters left from them alive it feels like his chances are pretty low right now. However, I think Arthur would make a really good AT. His abilities would mimic his actions from his actual game where he runs, jumps, and throws swords at people. He would also, obviously, be KOable.

Mii Costume:
Guile - Street Fighter

A lot of the same issues as before exist here. Capcom is ruled out for a while now and with Chun Li being the next best option for Smash from Street Fighter it feels like he's basically a never going to happen right now. Given how well known Guile is though I think an AT plus Mii is enough here. He'd obviously be a Mii brawler skin and his attire is as above. Only exception is that his hair, being as awesome as it is, can be placed on any Mii.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Job 75:

Dr. Mario victory theme:

Ganondorf victory theme:

Young Link victory theme:
sped up by 1.5x and reorchestrated
One submission per person please.

also, is it possible to fix Yoshi and the Ice Climbers's victory themes? As in, make them as long as they were orignally instead of cutting off?
I don’t really know what you mean by that. I have no way to actually make a victory theme longer and, for the sake of the project, I would rather have actual physical content rather than just a description.

Otoad64

Smash Lord
I don’t really know what you mean by that. I have no way to actually make a victory theme longer and, for the sake of the project, I would rather have actual physical content rather than just a description.
I mean that in Brawl/Smash 4, they were like this:

and in Ultimate they are like this:
they get cut off at the end, and I personally don't really like that, it feels wrong.

basically, I think they should be reverted back to their older versions

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Ah, I didn’t know that. I think the newer ones are perfectly fine but we can revert them back to the originals since we also reverted the Victory Results screen to be more akin to Smash 4. That being said, we will be keeping the rest of the victory themes intact; including Earthbound/MOTHER You can add the Smash 4 versions to the wiki if have time or I can do it in the next few days.

Job 75: Luigi's Victory Theme

Well, we've already got some perfectly fine suggestions for Luigi, but I figured I'd throw my hat in the ring and make one of my own.

Unfortunately, you can't attach audio files, so you'll have to find it at this link. It's based off of (and directly samples) the credits theme from Luigi's Mansion 1.
Thanks! We can add this to the wikia via audio file if it wins.

Last edited:

Krookodilian

Smash Ace
Since the perfect P symbol is so close behind the music note symbol I figured I'd make one last argument in favor of the P over the music note.

To be blunt, a music note really has no major presence within, or connection to the series, outside of it being a rhythm series. When looking at the note, it could be any rhythm game, like Guitar Hero, Crypt of the Necrodancer, Parappa, or Just Dance. On the contrary, The super mushroom instantly tells the viewer that its the Mario series, and the Pokeball instantly tells you its the pokemon series. To me if the music note win it would feel like making the Street fighter Logo a fist, or Making the Resident Evil symbol a Gun, which are not only irrelevant to the series it is trying to represent, but also fail convey which series the symbol is trying to represent, as it could be any game within the genre. On the other hand, the Perfect symbol is only from Rhythm Heaven, and is one of the few icons to appear in every Rhythm Heaven game, which makes it a prime choice for the series symbol.

Music notes don't even appear on the box arts. There are stars on all the box arts, but thats not on the poll, nor are stars important to the series.

256px-RhythmHeaven.png
rhythm_paradise__gameboy_advance_box_by_wariosuperstar_d4q8klx-fullview.png
rhythm-heaven-megamix-boxart-eu-656x600.png

The Perfect and Failed Perfect symbols are even the upvotes and downvotes on the Rhythm heaven subreddit, so theres evidence that a Rhyhtm Heaven community would use the Perfect logo to represent itself

bqvifj9dwlb21.png

On top of the recognizability argument, the universe symbol also appears at the end of a match if you win, so it would be as if you were being awarded a perfect for your performance, which I think is quite cute.

I hope this may convince some of you to either vote for Perfect if you haven't, or change your vote to Perfect, since we are allowed to change our vote on this poll. Thank you for reading, and...

Let's Go for A Perfect!

Ed8-fbgUYAAG6JA.png

Attachments

Last edited:

ahemtoday

Smash Ace
Since the perfect P symbol is so close behind the music note symbol I figured I'd make one last argument in favor of the P over the music note.

To be blunt, a music note really has no major presence within, or connection to the series, outside of it being a rhythm series. When looking at the note, it could be any rhythm game, like Guitar Hero, Crypt of the Necrodancer, Parappa, or Just Dance. On the contrary, The super mushroom instantly tells the viewer that its the Mario series, and the Pokeball instantly tells you its the pokemon series. To me if the music note win it would feel like making the Street fighter Logo a fist, or Making the Resident Evil symbol a Gun, which are not only irrelevant to the series it is trying to represent, but also fail convey which series the symbol is trying to represent, as it could be any game within the genre. On the other hand, the Perfect symbol is only from Rhythm Heaven, and is one of the few icons to appear in every Rhythm Heaven game, which makes it a prime choice for the series symbol.

Music notes don't even appear on the box arts. There are stars on all the box arts, but thats not on the poll, nor are stars important to the series.

View attachment 308437View attachment 308438View attachment 308440

The Perfect and Failed Perfect symbols are even the upvotes and downvotes on the Rhythm heaven subreddit, so theres evidence that a Rhyhtm Heaven community would use the Perfect logo to represent itself

View attachment 308441

On top of the recognizability argument, the universe symbol also appears at the end of a match if you win, so it would be as if you were being awarded a perfect for your performance, which I think is quite cute.

I hope this may convince some of you to either vote for Perfect if you haven't, or change your vote to Perfect, since we are allowed to change our vote on this poll. Thank you for reading, and...

Let's Go for A Perfect!

View attachment 308442
You know what, you've convinced me. The music note really isn't that prominent. I'm flipping my vote (and therefore the lead at the time of writing).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom