• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Infinite Project (Finally Finished!???)

Which title should we use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Newcomer submissions are closed!
Please go here to vote!
I'm mostly submitting this one because my best friend has gone on record NUMEROUS times about how him not being an Echo in Ultimate was perhaps the biggest missed opportunity possible.

Third Party Echo Fighter: Liquid Snake
View attachment 308112

Liquid Snake is the main antagonist of Metal Gear Solid, and a very important character throughout the series. Created as a clone of the legendary soldier Big Boss (seemingly with his recessive genes), Liquid became a member of FOXHOUND, coming to blows with his fellow clone/twin brother Solid Snake after launching a hostile takeover of Shadow Moses Island in an attempt to gain Big Boss's remains. As I just now noted, Liquid shares a lot of the same traits as Solid Snake by virtue of them both being clones of the same person. Ergo, it wouldn't be too far out of the realm of possibility to assume that he would be able to fight in much of the same way, albeit with minor differences to set them apart competitively.
Job 86

Zack Fair

Zack is from Gongaga and was Clouds good friend, Zack was the wielder of the buster sword before Cloud and knew a lot of the techniques that cloud does.

A potential to move idea is to replace his up special with a modified version of Sephiroth's Octaslash, A Move Zack has used in Crisis Core
Job #164: Ms. Pac-Man

View attachment 330325
One of the earliest and most famous female protagonists in gaming and one of the most iconic characters in gaming in general, Ms. Pac-Man would be an echo fighter of Pac-Man. Obviously she would be a Bandai Namco character and from the Pac-Man series. Her status as a Pac-Man clone is one of the few in gaming that rivals even Ken's status as the original clone of Ryu, and her arcade appearance has made her an icon of gaming as stated before. She had also become a major character of the Pac-Man franchise through the Pac-Man World games and other Pac-Man spin off titles.
Job 146:
View attachment 330328

Shadow the Hedgehog
The Ultimate Life Form, seen as a rival to Sonic the Hedgehog. Shadow is a character that's been frankly requested for Smash for some time though he did receive a lot of attention during Ultimate, he is a pretty cool character who's got a lot of fans & would be a pretty great echo for the series.

While he would work better as a semi-echo, he can still be creative as a regular echo. Using the same attacks as Sonic but with some strong impact, can deliver extra kicks for his side attacks, teleport for his recovery, and use time stop counter similar to Bayonetta, His final smash can be Super Shadow combine with his Chaos Control to slow down opponents(could be avoided if you stay away from the screen) and end it with a Chaos Blast.
Job #164:
View attachment 330349
Jin Kazama (Fighter #81e)
Debuting in Tekken 3, Jin Kazama is the son of Kazuya Mishima and the most pleasant of the Mishima bloodline...which isn't saying much since he literally started WWIII to kill his own parents. Though Kazuya was the initial protagonist of the franchise, that role was slowly turned towards Jin. In Smash Bros, Jin Kazama would be a Ken-level Echo Fighter who uses a lot of the same attacks as his own father, but on the other hand, he has some moves taken from both his normal and Devil forms. His Devil Form is also distinctive, giving him more of a "fallen angel" kind of aesthetic to him. A lot of his moves could be renamed to fit Jin himself, such as "Infernal Destruction" in place of Devil Blaster, "Infernal Annihilation" in place of Heaven's Door, amongst others.
View attachment 330342
Illager (Echo of Steve)
The Minecraft Illager are NPCs from Steve's debut game of Minecraft, they act as mobs that work as the antithesis to Steve and the freindly villagers, they are hostile and attack in raids known as Pillager Raids, they have became very popular for taking what made Steve unique (Weapons, Mounts, Enchantments) and made them work against the player.

Illagers due to having a more occult origin will always have iron weapons, but instead of gaining resources for upgrades they can give enchanments to there weapons for a variety of harmful effects such as extra speed, strength, or have fire or wither properties, they would also summon multibel Vexes instead of Elytra, I think the Illagers would make a unique Chrom level Echo. They would also have similiar weight to steve.
Crow/Goro Akechi

View attachment 330343

Temporary member of the Phantom Thieves, Crow would be a Joker echo. He is stands to be Joker's rival and handsome foil character. He joins the team after discovering their identities and wishes to change the heart of a fellow colleague. His specials could be mostly unchanged. His gun would act similarly to Joker's. His standard up B remains a grappling hook and his down B acts exactly like Joker's.

His Persona is Robin Hood. Its signature elements are Almighty, Bless and Curse so for his moveset, his side B could either be Megidola, Kouha or Eiha just as Joker uses but the projectile comes from an arrow. For his special up B, those are wing-like things, right?

View attachment 330344

Crow's most notable differenxe as an echo would be in his normals. Whether this teeters the line of echo or not, I don't know. His weapon motions would replicate Joker's but with his beam sword. They'd have a longer range to them but perhaps slower due to more weight. Any moves where Joker throws his dagger would simply be replaced (up tilt).

Big Boss (Echo of Snake)
Metal Gear Solid
Big Boss is literally Snake’s dad as his DNA was taken to create several other Snakes (Liquid Snake being one of them). He first appeared as a guide and protagonist in earlier MGS lore but would eventually become an anatagonist in later games. His past is revisited in more modern games with plyers being able to control him in missions. In terms of gameplay, he would be very similar to Snake but with sightly enhanced damage output but with reduced speed. His personality of the stage would be far more gruff and aggressive with quotes like “You’re finished” and “Stay dead.” He would be a far more aggressive and antagonistic Snake; both on character design and gameplay.

While third party characters could potentially be an echo of a first party character, that list is extremely small due to the fact the character must be iconic, important, relative, and representative of the series they are from. Fang the Sniper does not qualify therefore won’t be accepted
A third party echo’s the latest job?
Ol’ Grunty’s right here, so let’s talk shop

View attachment 330397
Gruntilda
(73ε)

View attachment 330395Who is Gruntilda? View attachment 330398

“It’s me, Gruntilda, Banjo and Kazooie’s big bad! There’s no game without me to be had! Kidnapped Tootie for her face so fair, kickstarting the whole saga of the bird and bear. I’m Popular and Wicked when No Good Deed comes from me, which makes me a great chracter to pick, you see? The Legend Spirit on the board, that’s how much I am really adored. I’m all about my style and flair, so my moveset’s rubbish for all I care!”

View attachment 330399Gruntilda as Banjo-Kazooie Echo View attachment 330400

Hey, I can fit the measly frame just fine, but I don’t have a bird of mine! Not an reason why I can’t be repping, the bird and bear I can simulate with a bit of kidnapping. A hostage situation, that’s what I need. Then my moveset will truly be elite!

View attachment 330380
A Jinjo I have captured in a cage. It’s weird to use, since I’m a mage. And yet this job requires to rehash, for me to join the Smash! Speaking of my magic, oh you’ll see, I can fire blasts of magic for my Neutral B! A force-field to power through my the special to the side, as the Jinjo powers me in flight?! A fireball or homing spell, I know my projectiles all too well! I can fly up with my broom, so I don’t need the flight path to rival Hero‘s Zoom! Now what with the specials said and done, but the set has only just begun.

The Jinjo’s rash, and I’m not nice! An aggressive hostage-taker is a nice surprise. I will hack and sling and swing and slash, all my moveset’s much more brash. Me and Jinjo we are no team, I’d rather take a slapstick theme. The visuals of an unwilling weapon, who’d ever thought that could ever happen. Well, what can you do, when it’s a puppet and duo in two?”

View attachment 330401Rare’s favorite duo, reimagined! View attachment 330402

“If you’re thinking that is cool, then look no further than King K. Rool. The Rare villain, just like me, reimagimed as rival to the D. The king takes the role of DK’s foil, doubling the ape’s moves for trouble and toil:

If I were to Echo the duo of the featherbrain, then I too can get such a personality gain. While the bird and the bear play in accord, that’s not a luxury I can afford. Instead, I’m for power of mecha and mage, keep your enemies closer is my adage. Using the Jinjo failed last time, but that was not without reason or rhyme. Now that I keep one close as a bludgeoning tool, I show evolution much like King K. Rool. Our duo is that of water and oil, which to the bird and bear is the perfect foil. My echoing would very much add to the lore, and my rhyming would be elegance galore. Such a fanfavorite, a roster can’t lack, so tell everybody that Grunty is back!

But, drats, that’s enough with all the showboating: Add me to Infinite, and get to voting!
Here's an idea for Joker's Echo

Yosuke Hanamura
(Persona 4)

While he's technically not the protagonist but considering we put Kasumi as consideration who's a supporting character as Yosuke then so be it (even if her status is pushed by that damn Jane leak), plus he's the founding member of the Investigation Team the "Ryuji" of the team.

Obviously why he can be an echo is simple, he has a kunai for a weapon which is basically Japanese dagger while he usually dual wields it considering that this submission warranted a varied potential like Ken who has noticeable difference in his attack means we could make his way of swinging his weapon look unique while still has the same function.

of course if you already glance at his moveset on the Arena fighting game then you know that he's the more acrobatic out of the bunch, while also spinning his kunai for some of his attack.
Wait, I’m allowed to submit Mecha Sonic? I don’t understand it but I will certainly take advantage of this chance!
Third-party Echo: Mecha Sonic

A robot copy of Sonic the Hedgehog, Mecha Sonic was seemingly created in an effort to make a stronger, sturdier, somewhat slower version of Metal Sonic. He acted as the final boss of Sonic and Knuckles’ Sky Sanctuary Zone, for both characters. He’s quite the unique character, being more militaristic in his design than many other Eggman robots from the Classic era, looking more like something that might come out of the mid-2000’s Sonic games. He is also unique because he can go Super just by standing on the Master Emerald. He has never reappeared since Sonic 3 and Knuckles, only making cameos and appearing in the few rereleases of the game.

HOWEVER, Mecha Sonic got a boost, both in popularity and badassness, when Super Mario Bros Z-a sprite fanimation starring characters from the Super Mario and Sonic series, with narrative and action influence from DBZ-was created and uploaded to the internet by Mark Haynes. Mecha Sonic was re-imagined as a fusion between Metal Sonic, Silver Sonic 2.0, and a fan made metal I forget the name and creator of. He was characterized as a ruthless, brutal, emotionless conquerer of worlds who wiped out Sonic’s home planet in a day, leaving only Sonic and Shadow. This series proves that even a clunky looking character like Mecha can look beautiful in an action packed environment. The series has amassed millions of views, and given inspiration to hundreds, if not thousands of young artists. It may be strange to make such a large point about a (really, really good) fanfiction in a serious echo submission, but to be honest, more people probably know Mecha Sonic from that awesome sprite animation that they watched as a kid, not as the final boss to a Genesis game that hardly gets re-released. He got transformed from a one-off boss in a 90's Sonic game to a cultural icon for Generation Z. (Ok, maybe not THAT big, but still, he's very popular among said Gen Z due to the animation.)

As for how he would play, Mecha Sonic would be an echo of Sonic with very little differences between them-however, Mecha’s animations would be somewhat more brutal to coincide with his more militaristic design. Nothing in his moveset or appearance would be directly based on the aforementioned animation to avoid Smash gray area.

Some may argue that Mecha Sonic's frame doesn't really fit Sonic's but to that I say we haven't really seen this character in the third dimension yet, so he could be reimagined a la Pit in Brawl-made somewhat skinnier to fit better with Sonic's acrobatic animations, but still retaining that intimidating aura from his initial design.

Should he get in? Proabably not. But I mean...just look at this dude and tell me with a straight face you don't want to play as him in a Smash game. He's so freaking cool!!
Here is the list:
Liquid Snake (Snake Echo)
Zack Fair (Cloud Echo)
Mrs. Pac-Man (Pac-Man Echo)
Shadow (Sonic Echo)
Illager (Steve Echo)
Jin Kazuma (Tekken Echo)
Crow/Goro Akechi (Joker Echo)
Big Boss (Snake Echo)
Professor Pac-Man (Pac-Man Echo)
Jeanne (Bayonetta Echo)
Gruntilda & Jinjo (Banjo & Kazooie Echo)
Yosuke Hanamura (Joker Echo)
Mecha Sonic (Sonic Echo)
<-I thought Metal Sonic and this guy were the same

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Alternate Costume Job
Charizard/Ivysaur/Squirtle/Pokémon Trainer and Lucario

We are having a Pokemon themed alternate costume job. We will be bypassing Lucas tall the way to Olimar but we will be covering them a bit later.

There are a few things to note:

We are accepting four for each charqcter for
  • 4 alts for Charizard
  • 4 alts for Squirtle
  • 4 alts for Ivysaur
  • 4 alts for Pokémon Trainer (2 for the male and 2 for them female)
  • 4 alts of Lucario
We won’t be accepting entirely different costumes for these characters; only recolors. Sorry but no Ninja Squirtle, Armored Charizard, or Focus Band Lucario. This also includes the trainers.

Please provide the following info for your submission:
  • Character name
  • Reference material
  • Color Slot
  • Why this should be included in the game.

Adrianette Bromide

Smash Lord
Alternate Costume Job
Charizard/Ivysaur/Squirtle/Pokémon Trainer and Lucario

We are having a Pokemon themed alternate costume job. We will be bypassing Lucas tall the way to Olimar but we will be covering them a bit later.

There are a few things to note:

We are accepting four for each charqcter for
  • 4 alts for Charizard
  • 4 alts for Squirtle
  • 4 alts for Ivysaur
  • 4 alts for Pokémon Trainer (2 for the male and 2 for them female)
  • 4 alts of Lucario
We won’t be accepting entirely different costumes for these characters; only recolors. Sorry but no Ninja Squirtle, Armored Charizard, or Focus Band Lucario. This also includes the trainers.

Please provide the following info for your submission:
  • Character name
  • Reference material
  • Color Slot
  • Why this should be included in the game.
Mind if I make a suggestion to, oh I don't know, make Blue a third Pokemon Trainer alt? Does anybody else concur? Just lonesome me?

Edit: wait nvm just read the thing, awwww

Edit 2: I am oh so in favour however of adding Blue as an alt and I'm sure a lot of others will agree 😌

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
1631754721033.png

Lucario Alt Color: Zoroark
GameFreak's attempt at making the Lucario of the Unova region, Zoroark is a Dark-type Pokemon with the ability to disguise itself as other Pokemon. While it didn't exactly meet up to the standards of its predecessor, it at the very least was popular enough to become an Assist Trophy.In this alt-color, Lucario becomes a dark grey while its stripes, spikes and braids become a bright red. It also gains a black belly as well, and its eyes change to cyan.

Pokemon Trainer (Squirtle, Ivysaur and Charizard):
1631754934355.png
1631754965644.png
1631754980727.png
1631754951078.png

Galar Trainer:
Whether you love it or hate it, Pokemon Sword and Pokemon Shield were commercial successes surpassing even Smash Ultimate in both Japan and the West. No, I'm serious, look it up. Besides, we already have SwSh content in Smash already. The colors go as follows:
  • Trainer: The Trainer himself gains a dark grey hat with light-grey trims and a red PokeBall symbol, a bright red shirt, midnight-blue jeans and a mahogany-brown backpack, mirroring the male Galar Trainer Victor.
  • Squirtle: The little turtlePokemon gains a color based on Sobble, the 1st-stage of the Water Starter evolution line, being a darker-blue shade of skin with a brighter-blue shell underbelly, a yellow shell, and a darker-blue trim on the shell.
  • Ivysaur: The flower frog gains a chartreuse alt with a bright vermillion flower and forest-green leaves, making himself reminiscent of Thwackey, the 2nd-stage of the Grass starter evolution line.
  • Charizard: Charizard gains colors based on Cinderace, the final stage of the Fire Starter evolution line, being a stark-white alt with a deep-orange underbelly and yellow wing webbing.

Adrianette Bromide

Smash Lord
View attachment 330461
Lucario Alt Color: Zoroark
GameFreak's attempt at making the Lucario of the Unova region, Zoroark is a Dark-type Pokemon with the ability to disguise itself as other Pokemon. While it didn't exactly meet up to the standards of its predecessor, it at the very least was popular enough to become an Assist Trophy.In this alt-color, Lucario becomes a dark grey while its stripes, spikes and braids become a bright red. It also gains a black belly as well, and its eyes change to cyan.

Pokemon Trainer (Squirtle, Ivysaur and Charizard):
View attachment 330462View attachment 330464View attachment 330465View attachment 330463
Galar Trainer:
Whether you love it or hate it, Pokemon Sword and Pokemon Shield were commercial successes surpassing even Smash Ultimate in both Japan and the West. No, I'm serious, look it up. Besides, we already have SwSh content in Smash already. The colors go as follows:
  • Trainer: The Trainer himself gains a dark grey hat with light-grey trims and a red PokeBall symbol, a bright red shirt, midnight-blue jeans and a mahogany-brown backpack, mirroring the male Galar Trainer Victor.
  • Squirtle: The little turtlePokemon gains a color based on Sobble, the 1st-stage of the Water Starter evolution line, being a darker-blue shade of skin with a brighter-blue shell underbelly, a yellow shell, and a darker-blue trim on the shell.
  • Ivysaur: The flower frog gains a chartreuse alt with a bright vermillion flower and forest-green leaves, making himself reminiscent of Thwackey, the 2nd-stage of the Grass starter evolution line.
  • Charizard: Charizard gains colors based on Cinderace, the final stage of the Fire Starter evolution line, being a stark-white alt with a deep-orange underbelly and yellow wing webbing.
I'd rather the rabbit be an alt than a fighter, a fair compromise :)

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
Lucario Recolor
1631754547404.png

Mienfoo
(Pale)​
A fellow fighting type pokemon that knows martial arts, Lucario himself lack a yellow recolor so this Pokemon fit that bill.

Recolor is pretty simple, Lucario's blue fur now turn yellow and if you wanna get more unique all of the black on his body turn all magenta.
Female Pkmn Trainer Recolor
1631754701708.png

Sygna Leaf
(Pink)​
While most of the trainer recolor are all a reference to other trainer I want one that is particularly catered to themselves, at first I was going with Let's Go Leaf but Ultimately I go with her Sygna Suit from Masters EX since the color is more different.

Here her shirt will change color to pink, while she wears shorts underneath that replaces her skirt instead of taking color from that I go on ahead and have her skirt be the color of her jacket which is cyan, the rest is pretty much 1-to-1: her hat turn from white to green and her yellow bag turn silver.
Male Pkmn Trainer Recolor
1631789967336.png

Sygna Red EX
(Blue)​
This also applied to Red as well, but while his default Sygna suit has basically the same color palette as his appearance in Smash I instead opted to use his EX form which is based on Mega Charizard X.

In this it changes Red's usual red jacket into a complete black same goes with his cap all the whites turn into blue.

Last edited:

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Newcomer submissions are closed!
Please go here to vote!

Here is the list:
Liquid Snake (Snake Echo)
Zack Fair (Cloud Echo)
Mrs. Pac-Man (Pac-Man Echo)
Shadow (Sonic Echo)
Illager (Steve Echo)
Jin Kazuma (Tekken Echo)
Crow/Goro Akechi (Joker Echo)
Big Boss (Snake Echo)
Professor Pac-Man (Pac-Man Echo)
Jeanne (Bayonetta Echo)
Gruntilda & Jinjo (Banjo & Kazooie Echo)
Yosuke Hanamura (Joker Echo)
Mecha Sonic (Sonic Echo)
<-I thought Metal Sonic and this guy were the same
You forgot Rock Howard

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Relicanth Squirtle

Squirtle's carapace (outer shell) is brown, his plaston (torso) is beige, his head and all limbs are beige except for his left arm, which is brown. His nose gains a subtle reddish tint.

Todd Snap Pokémon Trainer (Male)

He has a pink jacket and hat with the usually white lines being purple. His hair is ginger, his shoes are brown with both their lines being white, his backpack is green, and his trousers are olive. His shirt and its' sleeves are yellow.

Last edited:
My submittion:
Lucario Recolor (Dark Blue)
Lucario is very Dark blue with silver lines Referencing Dialga.

Pkm. Trainer Recolor
Elio and Selene (M: Light Blue, F: Yellow)

Their color schemes are based on Pkm. Trainers in pokemon Sun and Moon.
Squirtle Color is based on Popplio, which is Dark blue.
Ivysaur Color is based on Dartrix, which is Green with white Accents.
Charizard Color is Based on Incineroar (I know, Incineroar is in Smash already), which is Red/Black scheme with stripes.

BowserKing

Smash Lord
Squirtle alt: Octillary
1631797059487.png

Squirtle would be Red with a bits of yellow on arms and legs and on the top of the head, as a nod to that water type.

Ivysaur alt: Qwilfish
1631797224723.png

Ivysaur would have a yellowish underbelly and greyish top, as a nod to this Pokémon that is part poison type.

Charizard alt: Lugia
1631797375848.png

Charizard would have a blue belly and blue around the eyes, while the rest of white, as a nod to that Legendary, who just like Charizard is part flying type

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547

Torkoal (Squirtle)
Orange
Skin is orange with a dark grey shell as well as the chest and belly portions. Shell trimming is a deep red color. Torkoal is a turtle like Squirtle.

Enternatus (Charizard)
Pink

Charizard has a deep pink body with a white under that extends to the tail belly, purple wings, and a pinkish flame. Charizard is a popular Pokémon who is constantly shown along with Legendaries in Pokémon media. Enternatus is a Dragon.

Tsareena (Ivysaur)
Purple

Ivysaur has a purple-magenta body with white spots running along its. It’s leaves are a lighter green color that fade into yellow at the tips. The bulb on its back is a combination of purple and yellow.

Krookodilian

Smash Ace
Lucario Alt: Dusk Lycanroc (Orange)

Just Like Lucario and Zoroark, Lycanroc served as a sort of promotional furry 2 stage pokemon for Alola. Lucario Would be Orange and White, with Brown Hand Spikes and Green eyes.

Pokemon Trainer Alt: Akari (Black)

As all the current PT alts represent a trainer from each set of games, and someone has already submitted Victor, Akari would logically be the next trianer to represent. Her hat and socks would be white, her shoes would be brown, her hair would be black, her bag would be brown, and her outfit would become dark blue. Her Pokémon would all be black to match her outfit. Charizard would gain it's shiny coloration, Ivysaur's Bulb would become black and Squirtle's Shell would be black, with every other color being more muted.​

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero

Pokemon Trainer Alt: Akari (Black)

As all the current PT alts represent a trainer from each set of games, and someone has already submitted Victor, Akari would logically be the next trianer to represent. Her hat and socks would be white, her shoes would be brown, her hair would be black, her bag would be brown, and her outfit would become dark blue. Her Pokémon would all be black to match her outfit. Charizard would gain it's shiny coloration, Ivysaur's Bulb would become black and Squirtle's Shell would be black, with every other color being more muted.​

6ED299A1-52CD-4879-B9E5-6D8D29B02FB0.jpeg

If Squirtle were to receive a black-shell alt, I propose it be based on Tirtouga, with a darker shell and a darker shade of blue all around. Maybe even a darker marking around his beak (?) snout (?) and a li’l dark spot on his hand, combined of course with the indents in his shell

Last edited:

airConditioner

Smash Ace
Lucario Alt: Korrina (White)

Korrina is an important trainer of Lucario, using one in her gym battle, as well as giving you your own Mega Lucario in the story of X & Y. She has one in Pokemon Masters as well and returned in the Pokemo Journey's anime with one too. His Blue Fur would turn white, With his black fur turning Red. His chest fur would become a lighter tan to match her hair.​

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Here the votes for our final Third Party newcomer!

Name3 Points2 Points1 PointTotal
Zack1 (3)003
Ms. Pac-Man9 (27)2 (4)233
Shadow5 (15)3 (6)323
Jin Kazuma1 (3)2 (4)29
Illager2 (6)3 (6)012
Crow/Goro Akechi02 (4)26
Liquid Snake1 (3)3 (6)19
Professor Pac-Man1 (3)1 (2)38
Big Boss3 (9)3 (6)217
Jeanne1 (3)1 (2)27
Gruntilda & Jinjo1 (3)2 (4)512
Yosuke Hanamura02 (4)04
Mecha Sonic01 (2) 24

With the votes all tallied, are final Third Party Echo Newcomer is....

1631839308722.png

Ms. Pac-Man!!

She will appear as an Echo of Mr. Pac-Man . Rather fitting cause, while she is our final 3rd party echo, Pac-Man was our final third party fighter fighter in Smash 4.

Here is how the votes ended up:
Forms response chart. Question title: Please vote for our final First Party Echo. Voting for a character in the 3 column will grant it 3 points, 2 2 points, and so on. You may vote for your own submission. Please make a selection in all three columns, as failing to do so will render your vote null.. Number of responses: .

We will begin our coverage of this new Echo Fighter and how they may play in Smash Infinite.

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
So we can all agree that Ms. Pac-Man's Neutral Special would have to have fewer charge levels, but have new, unique projectiles, right? Like, I'm imagining the Banana being an extra-powerful boomerang projectile while the Pretzel could be a projectile with a very weird movement pattern and the Pear could be a projectile that bounces along the floor. The rest can stay the same, though.

Also, congrats to Ms. Pac-Man for making it in! I would've thought Jin had a decent shot, but good on her!

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Dang I thought at least more than one person would have voted for Zack T.T. Ms. Pacman is cool so i'm not complaining

Last edited:

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
I can understand Ms. Pac-Man's Reasoning for why she won, Though to Be Honest, Shadow felt so much better and was SO Close.

Sigh oh well, might just learn take the what i get & don't let it go wet. Cheers to the Ms. of Video Game History.

Last edited:

Adrianette Bromide

Smash Lord
I'd be cool with just a different bonus fruit. It's one attribute change to a slew of projectiles yet they are so important to Pac's kit, it would make Ms. Pac feel very different hypothetically.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Ms. Pac-Man Moveset Submission
We will be submitting content for Ms. Pac-Man. According to the original submitter, Mushroomguy12, Ms. Pac-Man isn’t indicated for having any particular Echo class.
Job #164: Ms. Pac-Man

View attachment 330325
One of the earliest and most famous female protagonists in gaming and one of the most iconic characters in gaming in general, Ms. Pac-Man would be an echo fighter of Pac-Man. Obviously she would be a Bandai Namco character and from the Pac-Man series. Her status as a Pac-Man clone is one of the few in gaming that rivals even Ken's status as the original clone of Ryu, and her arcade appearance has made her an icon of gaming as stated before. She had also become a major character of the Pac-Man franchise through the Pac-Man World games and other Pac-Man spin off titles.
Be it more in line with Ken where it’s fairly unique to that of Richter. Our next submission is what sort of moveset content would be altered, if any, for the character.

There are a few rules though:
  • Only two moves can be changed and, even then, slightly. This includes visuals, mechanics, and effects.
    if you are changing Specials, please I indicate what you are changing and why
  • She can be slightly different stat wise but please indicate what these are
  • She could definitely have the same FS as Pac-Man but we are open to a new Final Smash

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Ms. Pac-Man Neutral Special: Bonus Fruit

Ms. Pac-Man still has the bonus fruit special, but this time it includes the fruit from Ms. Pac-Man, in order: Cherry, Strawberry, Orange, Pretzel (new), Apples, Pears (new), and Bananas (new). The cherry, strawberry, orange, and apple work the same way they do with Pac-Man. As for the motions of the new fruits, I'll credit GolisoPower GolisoPower and go with the Banana acting like a Boomerang, the Pear bouncing along the floor, and as for the Pretzel, it could go in a pretzel shape (as a weird movement).

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Down Special:
TNT Block

Ms. Pac-Man drops a timed block of TNT at her position that starts slowly counting down from 3 seconds. Unlike with Steve's TNT, damage does not hasten the timer nor is it able to be knocked around. However, Ms. Pac-Man can push it around to a different position before it explodes, and the blast radius is rather enormous.

(Yes, this is a thing. Look up Ms. Pac-Man Maze Madness, it's right there, I promise.)

Last edited:

Krookodilian

Smash Ace
Sami Alts:
Sami (Default)

Andy (Red)

Max (Blue)

Jake (White)

Grit (Yellow)

Eagle (Grey)

Huge massive extreme thanks to airConditioner airConditioner for these astounding stock icons! Truly next level 😎. Fortunately all submitted alts for Sami were accepted. With these out of the way Advance Wars spirits may now be submitted! I'm not too familiar with Advance Wars so this could prove to be a mistake, but no regulations come to mind for it, other than of course trying to use art over sprites. Additionally, with the inclusion of Mrs. Pac-Man, Namco spirits can now be submitted as well. With Advance(d) Wars and Namco spirits starting, Wario spirits and the long requested series are now closed for spirit submissions. Zombies remain open since we have like 7 :(.​

airConditioner

Smash Ace
Soma Schicksal (God Eater) (Artwork: Gods Eater Burst)
Category: Support
Type: Neutral
Class: Advanced ★★
Ability: Death's Scythe Equipped
  • Puppet Fighter: Cloud (Advent, Blue)
  • Stage: Gaur Plain
  • Music Track: Lost in Thoughts All Alone [Original]
  • Match: Stock
  • Conditions:
    • The enemy's weapon attacks have increased power after eating
    • You will suddenly take major damage
Alisa Ilinichina Amellia (God Eater) (Artwork: Gods Eater Burst)
Category: Primary
Type: Grab
Class: Novice ★
Ability: Sword Attack ↑
  • Puppet Fighter: Byleth [Red]
  • Stage: Raccoon City
  • Music Track: Dark Hero [Male ver.]
  • Conditions:
    • The enemy starts the battle with a Bob-omb
    • The enemy's weapon attacks have increased power after eating
Alphen & Shionne Vymer Imeris Daymore (Tales of Arise)
Type: Shield
Class: Novice ★
Ability: Fire Attack ↑
  • Puppet Fighter: Ike [Black], Sami [White]
  • Stage: Galar Wild Area
  • Music Track: The Valedictory Elegy
  • Conditions:
    • The enemy prefers Up Specials [Ike]
    • The enemy's ranged weapons have increased power [Sami]
    • The enemy starts the battle with a Smart Bomb [Sami]
    • Hazard: Lava Floor
Velvet Crowe (Tales of Berseria)
Type: Grab
Ability: Fist Attack ↑
  • Puppet Fighter: Mii Brawler 2212 [Female, Tifa Lockhart Outfit, Nakoruru Wig]
  • Stage: Kalos Pokémon League
  • Music Track: Battle! [Eclipse]
  • Conditions:
    • The enemy is equipped with a Killing Edge
    • The enemy's punches and elbow strikes have increased power
    • The enemy's kicks and knee strikes have increased power
Javier (Advance Wars: Dual Strike)
Category: Support
Type: Shield
Ability: Trade-off Defense ↑
  • Puppet Fighter: Chrom [Green]
  • Stage: Shadow Moses Island
  • Music Track: Green Earth Theme
  • Conditions:
    • The enemy has increased defense
    • The enemy has super armor and is hard to launch or make flinch at high damage
Sturm (Advance Wars) (Artwork: Advance Wars 2: Black Hole Rising)
Type: Attack
Class: Legend ★★★★
Ability: No Effect
  • Puppet Fighter: Dr. Eggman
  • Stage: Crossfire
  • Music Track: Black Hole Tag Power!
  • Conditions:
    • The enemy has increased attack power
    • The enemy has increased defense
    • You suddenly take serious damage

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
1631855210085.png

Haruka Amami (The iDOLM@STER) [Artwork:
THE iDOLM@STER LIVE in SLOT!}
Class: Ace
Type: Primary Neutral, 3 Slot
Effect: Improved Escape
  • Puppet Fighter: Default Stylist, Default Baristax3
  • Stage: Nightwalk
  • Music Track: Ring a Ding
  • Match: 1 stock : 1:30
  • Conditions
    • The enemy likes to taunt (Stylist)
    • The enemy tends to avoid battle (Stylist)
    • Defeat the Main Enemy to win (Stylist)
    • The enemy is invisible (Barista)
    • All of the enemies attacks deal more damage (Barista)
Immorticia (Plants vs. Zombies Heroes)
Type: Support Neutral, 2 Slots
Effect: KO's Heal Damage
  • Puppet Fighter: Pink :ultrobinf:
  • Stage: House
  • Music Track: Main Menu (PvZ Heroes)
  • Match: 1 stock
  • Conditions:
    • Assist Trophy enemies: Zombie Horde
    • The enemy may occasionally get an instant final smash
    • You may occasionally take critical damage

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Unique move submission:
Butt-Bounce
A new down air where Ms. Pac-Man does the Butt-Bounce ability from the Pac-Man World series. She doesn't go into pizza form for this. It functions similarly to PM Wario's down air as it launches you directly downwards in a semi-helpless state and can only be acted out of if it hits.

tonygameman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3706-2453-6800
I know we're not on a taunt prompt yet, but I think the only taunt I'll see Ms. Pac-Man sharing with her husband is "Namco Roulette", but this time with completely different sprites (existing series) and those from un-represented Namco arcade games, like:
  • Walkman (Cutie Q)
  • Player Tank (Tank Battalion)
  • Monster Fighter (Warp & Warp; player with a gun)
  • Fygar (Dig Dug; counterpart to Pooka)
  • Chemic (Phozon)
  • Hobblin (Libble Rabble; counterpart to Topcup)
  • Grobda (Grobda; tank)
  • Motos (Motos; player vehicle)
  • Toby "Kissy" Masuyo (Baraduke; counterpart to Paccet)
  • Albatross & Leila Rolling Thunder; different sprites while a latter uses her RT2 sprite, probably for girls - Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario )
  • Ki (The Return of Ishtar)
  • Indiana Borgnine (Tower of Babel)
  • Taira no Kagekiyo (Genpei Tōma Den/The Genji and the Heike Clans)
  • Pino & Acha (Toy Pop; like Solvalou & Andor Genesis, different sprites - latter's probably chosen if only girls)
  • Tarosuke (Yokai Dochuki/Shadow Land)
  • Amul (Dragon Spirit; in his Blue Dragon form)
  • Wonder Momo (Wonder Momo; in her armor)
  • Bravoman (Bravoman)
  • Dr. Yuichiro Tomari (Ordyne)
  • Hiromi Tengenji (Burning Force)
  • Rick Taylor (Splatterhouse; hence this)
  • Chap (Rompers)
  • Prince Paco (Marvel Land)
  • Ling Xiaoyu (Tekken; like Heihachi, uses her Galaga collab sprite - if girls are decided)
I do support Wario's thoughts on a female protagonist-focused roulette, but I don't think there's that much in Namco's arcade classics.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I know we're not on a taunt prompt yet, but I think the only taunt I'll see Ms. Pac-Man sharing with her husband is "Namco Roulette", but this time with completely different sprites (existing series) and those from un-represented Namco arcade games, like:
  • Walkman (Cutie Q)
  • Player Tank (Tank Battalion)
  • Monster Fighter (Warp & Warp; player with a gun)
  • Fygar (Dig Dug; counterpart to Pooka)
  • Chemic (Phozon)
  • Hobblin (Libble Rabble; counterpart to Topcup)
  • Grobda (Grobda; tank)
  • Motos (Motos; player vehicle)
  • Toby "Kissy" Masuyo (Baraduke; counterpart to Paccet)
  • Albatross (Rolling Thunder)
  • Ki (The Return of Ishtar)
  • Indiana Borgnine (Tower of Babel)
  • Taira no Kagekiyo (Genpei Tōma Den/The Genji and the Heike Clans)
  • Pino & Acha (Toy Pop; like Solvalou & Andor Genesis, different sprites)
  • Tarosuke (Yokai Dochuki/Shadow Land)
  • Amul (Dragon Spirit; in his Blue Dragon form)
  • Wonder Momo (Wonder Momo; in her armor)
  • Bravoman (Bravoman)
  • Yuichiro Tomari (Ordyne)
  • Hiromi Tengenji (Burning Force)
  • Rick Taylor (Splatterhouse; hence this)
  • Chap (Rompers)
  • Prince Paco (Marvel Land)
While I generally don't like obsessing over or emphasising female characters just for being female, I think Ms. Pac-Man's historical significance would justify a "Women's Roulette" of female protagonists across gaming history. It'd most likely be limited to Namco/Bandai, but it would be a good way to distinguish her roulette from Pac's.

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
1631859844456.png
Teru Tendo (The iDOLM@STER sideM) (Artwork: THE iDOLM@STER SideM GROWING STARS)
Class: Advanced
Type: Primary Attack, 2 Slot
Effect: Critical Attack ↑
  • Puppet Fighter: Male Howard, Joker (Shujin), Male Byleth (Black), Barista 2x
  • Stage: Nightwalk
  • Music Track: F-ZERO Medley
  • Match: Stamina (250HP) (1:30)
  • Conditions:
    • The enemy has increased attack and defense when the enemy is at high damage
    • Timed Stamina Battle
    • The enemy is invisible (Barista)
    • The enemies love to taunt (Howard/Joker/Byleth)
1631859104707.png
Sonja (Advance Wars)
Class: Advanced
Type: Support Grab, 1 slot
Effect: Easier Dodging

• Puppet Fighter: Reimu, Bowser Jr. 2x
  • Stage: Crossfire
  • Music: Sonja's Theme (NEW REMIX)
  • Match: Stocks (1)
  • Conditions:
    • The enemy's shooting attack have increased power
    • The enemy is invisible after a little while
1631859378619.png
Solaire (Dark Souls)
Type: Support Neutral, 2 slots
Effect: Shield Damage ↑

Summons:
  • Darknut's Core
  • Sun Salutation's Core
  • Support Core

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Klonoa
Klonoa series
Advanced class primary - grab, jump height up, 3 slots

Stage: Green Greens
Song: Yoshi's Story (64)
Opponent: Diddy Kong (blue), blue Kirby
Rules: Diddy favours grabs, ring tethers spawn often, black holes will spawn often when only one foe remains
Erwin
Pac-Man World series
Novice class support - energy shot attack up

Stage: Omega Norfair
Song: Sawmill Thrill
Opponent: Mii Gunner (astronaut outfit, no hat)
Allies: Yellow Inkling
Rules: No-frills battle
D3AB4A2F-EFEC-445B-A6E4-07904D6295FD.jpeg
Golvis
Pac N' Roll
Novice class primary - shield, no trait, 1 slot

Song: Pokey Means Business
Stage: Mario Galaxy
Opponent: K. Rool
Rules: You will randomly turn metal, football items spawn often
Miru
Pac N' Pal
Advanced class support - Item gravitation

Song: Ms. Pac-Man
Stage: Pac-Maze
Opponents: Kirby (Red), Kirby (Orange), Kirby (Blue), Kirby (Default)
Allies: Ms. Pac-Man (green alt if we give her one)
Rules: Food items spawn often, ally favours neutral B.
Gee Bee
Gee Bee
Legend class primary - attack, fist attack up, 2 slots

Song: Anthology (Activision Anthology)
Stage: Waluigi Pinball
Opponent: Ness (bee/Tigers)
Rules: Footballs and Beast Balls spawn often, foe has a Franklin Badge and Back Shield, Hostile Pong ATs will spawn

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom