• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Infinite Project (Finally Finished!???)

Which title should we use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Paige Down
Learn with Pokemon: Typing Adventure
Novice class primary - neutral

Stage: Omega Mute City SNES
Song: Boss - Learn with Pokemon
Opponents: Villager (Green dress, white skin)
Rules: Cranky Kong ATs spawn
Hayley
My Pokemon Ranch
Advanced class primary - grab, speed up

Song: Spiral Mountain
Stage: Smashville
Opponents: Mii Gunner (Cowboy outfit)
Rules: Poke Balls spawn often, but only summon weak Pokemon
Relicanth
Pokemon series
Ace class primary - offense, weight up

Stage: Gerudo Valley with no bridge
Song: Tetris Type A
Opponent: Metal Wario (plumber)
Rules: Foe favours neutral B, foe has super armour, Pokeballs spawn often containing Goldeen.

Consider it lucky you only allowed 2 spin-offs, otherwise I would've added a character from the Learning League - the educational Pokemon browser game that was reskinned into Garfield after they lost the license.

Last edited:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Paige Down
Learn with Pokemon: Typing Adventure
Novice class primary - neutral

Stage: Omega Mute City SNES
Song: Boss - Learn with Pokemon
Opponents: Villager (Green dress, white skin)
Rules: Cranky Kong ATs spawn
Hayley
My Pokemon Ranch
Advanced class primary - grab, speed up

Song: Spiral Mountain
Stage: Smashville
Opponents: Mii Gunner (Cowboy outfit)
Rules: Poke Balls spawn often, but only summon weak Pokemon
Relicanth
Pokemon series
Ace class primary - weight up

Stage: Gerudo Valley with no bridge
Song: Tetris Type A
Opponent: Metal Wario (plumber)
Rules: Foe favours neutral B, foe has super armour, Pokeballs spawn often containing Goldeen.

Consider it lucky you only allowed 2 spin-offs, otherwise I would've added a character from the Learning League - the educational Pokemon browser game that was reskinned into Garfield after they lost the license.
I'm tempted to try adding a Learning League Spirit just because, but are we sure that it's a game? I honestly can't tell from Bulbapedia.

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
Untitled526_20210219014032.png
Candela, Blanc & Spark (Pokemon GO)
Type: Primary Neutral
Class: Ace, 3 slots
Effect: Pokeball Equipped

Pupper Fighter: Pyra, Rosalina & Luma, Terry.
Stage: Prism Tower (Battlefield)
Conditions:
  • The Enemy's attack have increased power
  • Certain Pokemon will emerge from the Pokeball (Moltres/Alolan Vulpix/Alolan Raichu)
Leah_Pokémon_Café.png
Leah (Pokemon Café Mix)
Type: Support Grab
Class: Advanced, 2 slots
Effect: Stats ↑ After Eating

Puppet Fighter: Zelda, Pikachu, Squirtle, Ivysaur, Charizard, Jigglypuff, Lucario, Grovyle & Celebi.
Stage: Tomodachi Life
Conditions:
  • Defeat the main fighter to win
  • Reinforcement will appear during the battle
  • The Enemy's stats ↑ after eating

Last edited:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
The votes are in and we will be going with Krookodilian Krookodilian ‘s moveset submission!

25D6F1B1-4373-4D43-826B-81FFAC2E7CB9.jpeg

With that in mind, we will begin to submit content related to Grovyle & Celebi. When submitting, please only include one particular area so multiple people can participate:

Entrance Animation

Taunts (3)

Idle Poses (2)

Victory Animations (3)

Kirby Hat

Victory Theme

Boxing Ring Title

Audience Cheer

Losing Animation

Please reread the moveset again so you can have a better idea on what to submit

Job #96: Grovyle & Celebi Moveset!
View attachment 313015View attachment 313020

First off I just want to say that I'm already extremely impressed with the other movesets, and wouldn't mind if those won over mine. I already thought Grovyle had potential, but after seeing these different movesets my desire to see him join the fray has increased. That being said, I thought I'd throw my hat into the ring and come up with a moveset as well. (Pokémon has rotted my brain too much to allow me not to)

Grovyle & Celebi will be fast fighters, with a high jump, average fall speed and will stand at around the same height as Mario. They will be able to wall jump as well as crawl (they do come from a dungeon crawler after all).

Celebi will be permanently present and will float next to Grovyle, with no hurtbox. I tried to get both of them to both attack in as many moves as possible to fully utilize the potential of a duo fighter such as these two. I'm not sure we'll be voting in another one, and their abilities compliment each other so well so it would be a shame not to. I also feel it captures the synergy of having a partner pokemon in PMD.

Normals:
Jab: Fury Cutter + Expanding Force
For Grovyle's basic Jab, he does two quick punches followed by a psychic blast from Celebi. If it is held down Grovyle will perform a flurry of green-yellow slashes like Captain Falcon or Bowser Jr's Jab, and end with Celebi's finisher when the button is released. Pretty standard for a jab. However, like in the mainline pokémon games, If Jab is used consecutively it will increase in percent dealt for every time use up to a 2x multiplier. It's essentially an inverse stale mechanic, however it resets if you use a move other than jab. I don't think this would be too overpowered as it's just a jab, but it's a neat little reference like Link Forward Smash Sword beams, or Piranha Plant's footstool damage.

Dash Attack: Quick Attack
Being one of Grovyle's few known moves in Explorers of Sky, I figure it should be in his moveset somehow. This move will function similarly to Pikachu and Pichu's recovery, which are both also quick attack, however it will have a lot less range and a hitbox. Grovyle will dash forward in an animation similar to Fox and Falco's Side Special, with an active hitbox the whole time. It has quite decent range, about the same as Meta Knight's dash, as well as decent kill power. Celebi will teleport and reappear where Grovyle dashes to during this move.

Forward Tilt: Standard Attack
The basic move from PMD, used to conserve PP, will be Grovyle's Forward tilt. The animation in the mystery Dungeon games for this move is choppy to say the least, but essentially Grovyle and Celebi will both lunge forward and back into place. It will deal 5% like in the Mystery Dungeon games, and have quite a low knockback at a low angle. It wouldn't be used for killing, but rather to set up combos or tech situations.

Up Tilt: Headbutt
Grovyle does a headbang motion, sending his head leaf in a whip like motion. It's a good anti air with quite a large hitbox, similar to Ridley's up tilt. His head also has a hit box like Wii Fit Trainer's Side Special. Celebi mimics the motion in front of Grovyle, but has much less range since she has no head leaf. it does much less damage as well, but serves to keep the hitbox not just above Grovyle.

Down Tilt: Grass Knot
Grovyle and Celebi both summon a Grass Knot in front of them. Similar hitbox style to Villager's Up Tilt. Like Falco's Down Tilt it sends virtually straight up and sets up for combos.

Smash Attacks:
Forward Smash: Leaf Blade
The tilts were more or less Grovyle with Celebi helping out, however I want to expand her involvement in the rest of the moveset. So for Leaf Blade, instead of simply being a slash from Grovyle, it will be a three hit move like the animation for the move in the mainline games. Grovyle will slash back and forth for two hits, and Celebi will fly between Grovyle and the opponent for the third hit. It will obviously be a relatively long move, similar to Mii Gunner's, but will deal heavy damage and knockback in return. Essentially a faster Cloud Side Special.

Leaf Blade Animation Reference: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVra2axdjaE

Up Smash: Leaf Tornado + X-Scissor
Celebi summons a tornado of leaves around herself and Grovyle, which goes quite far up (less than Palutena's Up Smash though) and has hitboxes on the side as well. This is a multi hit, with a weak finishing hit, definitely not a kill move. However, there's a second part of this move. Grovyle will perform an upward X-Scissor during Celebi's Leaf Tornado. If the opponent is caught low enough in the tornado, then they will also be hit by Grovyle's X-Scissor which will be a kill move. It will have a sweet spot similar to Greninja's Up Smash, but will have quite a bit of start up and end lag.

Down Smash: Leaf Storm
Grovyle and Celebi will summon a storm of leaves, surrounding them on both sides, from head to toe. This acts similarly to Pyra's Neutral Special, being a multi hit, and racking up quite a large amount of damage before having moderate knockback.

Aerials:
Forward Aerial: High Stance Strong Attack + Zen Headbutt
Grovyle will perform a flip before following with two kick attacks similar to Sceptile's High Stance Strong Attack, finishing with Celebi Zen Headbutting them, with a heavy spike effect.

Sceptile High Stance Strong Attack: https://youtu.be/txS5X7PQPbc?t=63

Up Aerial: Slash
Grovyle does a quick upper slash, which has a similar hitbox and damage to a somersault kick, but with his arm blade. It has low knockback and end lag, making it an easy move to juggle and ladder with. Celebi sits this one out unfortunately, I couldn't think of any way to incorporate her.

Back Aerial: Dazzling Gleam
Celebi does a multi hit sparkling attack behind her, which finishes with a strong hit. Grovyle looks behind him, but doesn't attack himself.

Down Aerial: Ancient Power
Celebi will summon ancient rocks with her psychic powers below Grovyle, and Grovyle will kick them down. It will function similar to Mega Man's Down air, with it sending a projectile down that has a spike hitbox on the initial kick.

Neutral Aerial: Blast Seed
Grovyle eats a blast seed, causing a small explosion around him similar to Sephiroth's neutral air. Celebi disappears with a teleport similar to Mewtwo's air dodge, and Grovyle looks shocked, as in the game eating a Blast Seed inflicts self damage. A small amount of percent is dealt to the user as well.

Throws:
Grab: Telekinesis
Celebi uses Telekinesis to grab the opponent and hold them in the air. Since it's a psychic ability the grab range is quite large, however it's not all that fast.

Pummel: Headbutt (again)
Grovyle Headbutts the opponent while Celebi holds them in place. It was the most natural attack I could think off for a fighter who's not physically holding the opponent

Forward Throw: Magical Leaf + Razor Leaf
Celebi launches the opponent forward with her psychic abilities, and follows up with a stream of magical leafs at a close to 45 degree angle, similar to Mewtwo's forward throw. Grovyle also sends two razor leaves off from his arm blades, which are the final hit of the leaf stream. (He can't learn razor leaf but Sceptile has a similar projectile in Pokken)

Back Throw: Psychic
Celebi simply hurls the opponent backwards, again quite similarly to Mewtwo's back throw except its not a kill throw.

Up Throw: Teleport + Grassy Glide
The opponent is moved above grovyle, and Celebi hits the opponent to where she will teleport to, hitting them twice before Grovyle jumps up using Grassy Glide sending the opponent upward, with decent kill power. I'm not sure if that description makes sense, but I'm imagining it like a Dragon Ball fight where the opponent is launched, only for Celebi to appear where their trajectory is sending them before hitting them in the other direction. She does this twice, and Grovyle uses Grassy Glide straight up for the finisher.

Down Throw: Absorb
Grovyle uses Absorb, another one of the few moves he canonically uses in PMD and the opponent is send forward at an angle close to the ground, since the forward throw sends them at a steeper angle. Grovyle does heal a small amount but it's nothing substantial.

Specials:
Side Special: Bullet Seed / Leech Seed
Grovyle and Celebi's Side Special is Bullet Seed and Leech Seed. When held down, more seed will come out starting at 2, and ending at 5. These will function like Sceptile's Bullet Seed in Pokken. Grovyle will shoot down at an angle, and the Seeds will become lodged in the floor similar to Isabelle's Down Special. If the opponent walks over them, they will explode dealing relatively minor damage. having 5 of Isabelle's projectile out at one time would be somewhat OP, so they are clumped together, with 5 seeds having a larger hitbox than the 2 seeds. They will all be detonated at once, so the more seeds out will result in more damage being done to the opponent. Now that's Bullet Seed Explained, but what about Leech Seed? Well, when charging this move, if you input a left or right press, the charger of this move will switch from Grovyle to Celebi and instead of bullet Seed coming out, Leech Seed will. This Is identical in function, except it deals significantly less damage and Heals Grovyle & Celebi a fraction of that damage.

Bullet Seed and Leech Seed are iconic moves of Grovyle and Celebi, so when I saw how it function in Pokken I thought it would be cool to replicate in smash. It also represents the nature of avoiding the trap tiles in Mystery Dungeon which is neat.

Down Special: Treasure Bag
So far, other than most attacks being combo attacks with Grovyle and Celebi, this moveset has been pretty standard. However, this is where the gimmick comes in. Like Hero's Down Special, Grovyle & Celebi's Down Special will open the treasure bag menu from PMD over their stock profile. Unlike Hero's Menu, only one item will appear at a time, with it still being random each time. Additionally, instead of having to cancel out to get a new selection, you can input down to scroll to a new item in the bag. However, you can't scroll back up, so each scroll is a risk, as you may pass on a decent item only to get a worse item, or you can get just the item you need. You can scroll unlimited times, albeit with some frames between each scroll, however being hit will knock you out of the inventory. Grovyle will pull the treasure bag out from behind him during this animation and look through it. (It would be permanently out like in the anime, but no renders or official art include the treasure bag so this will have to work)

Like Hero's menu, this will also require a meter to use. This time it's the Belly Meter from PMD. It starts at 100, and every scroll of the inventory will decrease the amount of belly you have. I'm not sure what a balanced amount would be, but I'm thinking around 5 per scroll. Unlike Hero's MP bar, this will slowly decrease over time, not increase, to better mirror how it functions in the source game. The bar can be refilled by pulling Food from the inventory, which will be relatively common. If your Belly meter does reach zero, which will take quite a bit longer than Hero's bar does, you can use your neutral air to eat a blast seed to fill your belly meter by enough to pull one item. If its an apple or another food item that is pulled then you can eat it to refill your belly. If it's another item, eat another blast seed to try again. However, as mentioned earlier eating a blast seed will deal self damage so there's a price to letting you belly reach zero.

a sprite of the items you have available will appear above your belly meter, the same sprites from PMD, with up to 8 items being holdable at a time. If a new item is pulled when at your limit, the first item in your inventory will be replaced.

Here is a list of all the items available to be pulled.
ItemDescriptionPull Rate (C>UC>R>L)
Instant Consumption Items
Grimy FoodRestores Belly by 15 points, deals 5% poison damageCommon
AppleRestores Belly by 33 pointsCommon
Big AppleRestores Belly by 50 pointsUncommon
Golden AppleRestores Belly by 100 pointsLegendary
Oran BerryRestores 5%Rare
Sitrus BerryRestores 10%Legendary
Chestrandomly gives one itemRare
Quick SeedBoosts Speed temporarilyRare
Violent SeedRaises attack temporarilyRare
Wonder GummiMakes better items more common temporarilyLegendary
Storable Items
StickFast Projectile, low damageCommon
Silver SpikeFast Projectile, moderate damageUncommon
Gold FangFaster projectile, High damageRare
Warp OrbExplained in Up SpecialUncommon

I ultimately think this does a good job of representing the gameplay of PMD. The Scrolling is what you have to do when trying to find the right item, items are randomly generated per floor, and you have an inventory limit which is represented by both the 8 item limit and the fact that when you pass up on an item, you can't scroll back to it. I want it to feel like you're hunting through a mini dungeon (your menu) to get the right items for battle, just like in PMD. It also adds an element of stress with the ever ticking belly meter, which anyone who has played PMD can tell you it wouldn't be properly represented without some element of stress.

Neutral Special: Tossed Item
One of the Storable projectiles pulled from the treasure bag is thrown by Grovyle. If you have no items available then Grovyle will throw a Gravelrock, which travels slowly and does weak damage.

Up Special: Aerial Ace / Warp Orb
This is a pretty standard recovery, with grovyle dashing in the air using the move Aerial Ace. This range is pretty poor, somewhere between Falco and Wolf's recoveries. It can also be angled in any direction. Celebi warps and reappears where Grovyle ends up at the end of his recovery during this animation. This move has a single hit hit box on it as well, which is weak but still there.

However, If you have a Warp Orb from your Treasure bag, you will instead Teleport when using your Up Special, giving you intangibility and a recovery with a much larger range.

Final Smash:
Future of Darkness

Dusknoir appears in front of Grovyle and grabs any opponent and takes them through a time portal. They appear in the dark future, and are ravaged by Sableyes before Dialga performs a Roar of Time, dealing heavy damage and returning them to the present match. Its essentially the same as Peridot's final smash, but hey it's a fitting final smash. I was also considering Wigglytuff's Yoom Tah as a final smash, but that would be more fitting for you and your partner and less so for Grovyle. (Wiggly will hopefully get redemption as a pokeball mon)

Summary:
So that's my moveset! It was quite fun to come up with ways to reference as many moves as possible from both the mainline pokemon games, as well as the Mystery Dungeon games.

For the sake of allowing me to a make a list, I compiled all the named pokemon moves used by both Grovyle & Celebi:
Grovyle:
Fury Cutter
Quick Attack
Headbutt
Grass Knot
Leaf Blade
X-Scissor
Leaf Storm
Slash
Razor Leaf
Absorb
Grassy Glide
Bullet Seed
Aerial Ace

Celebi:
Expanding Force
Grass Knot
Leaf Tornado
Leaf Storm
Zen Headbutt
Dazzling Gleam
Ancient Power
Telekinesis
Magical Leaf
Psychic
Teleport
Leech Seed

My goal with this moveset was to approach it in the way that is most reminiscent of the Mystery Dungeon gameplay, similar to the way which Sakurai has implemented recent newcomers. The pokemon you play as still use their moves from the pokemon games, but frantic item management, managing belly, avoiding traps, and a healthy dose of RNG are all elements of Mystery Dungeon which I tried to represent in my moveset. His up air can also ladder kill which is somewhat of a reference to the idea that you climb the staircases in Mystery Dungeon, but I'll concede it's a bit of a stretch. I toyed around with a time travel mechanic and making Celebi more like Luma, but I felt like those were more plot elements and didn't represent the gameplay of PMD as well, which wasn't what I was going for.

On a somewhat still related note, Grovyle was my most wanted for this project, since I joined after my true most wanted Bandana Dee had already been voted on, so I just want to restate how pleased I am with his inclusion. It's been fun writing almost 6000 combined words between my initial submission for him and my moveset for him lol.

Thank you for reading!​

cashregister9

Smash Hero
2 Quick ones

temcharm.png
Team Charm (Pokemon Mystery Dungeon)
Class: Ace
Type: Primary/Neutral
Slots: ⬡⬡⬡
Effect: Autoheal
  • Puppet Fighter: Green Peach, Pink Lucario, Red ZSS
  • Stage: Great Cave Offensive
  • Music Track: Driftveil City
  • Match:
    • 1 stock
  • Conditions:
    • Pokeball: Gardevoir
    • Defeat all opponents to win
    • The enemy has increased jump height :ultzss:
    • The Enemies kick attacks are more powerful :ultzss:
    • The enemies physical attacks are more powerful :ultlucario:

Luca (Pokemon Duel)
Class: Novice
Type: Support/Defense
Slots: ⬡
Effect: Trade-Off Speed
  • Puppet Fighter: Pokemon Trainer Blue Alt
  • Stage: Pokemon Stadium 2
  • Music Track: Magikarp Festival
  • Match:
    • 1 stock
  • Conditions:
    • Hazard: Screen Flip
    • Pokeball Pokemon: Eevee

Krookodilian

Smash Ace
1619927600563.png
Team A.C.T. (Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Red & Blue Rescue Team)
Class: Ace
Type: Primary Attack, 3 Slots
Effect: First-Strike Advantage
  • Summon from the cores of Abra, Charizard, and Tyranitar
1619928065086.png
Team Meanies (Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Red & Blue Rescue Team)
Effect: Aura Resist ↑
  • Puppet Fighter: Donkey Kong (Purple), Zero Suit Samus (Red), Tiny Ridley (NES sprite skin)
  • Stage: Town & City
  • Music Track:
  • Match: Stock (1)
  • Conditions: Only certain pokemon will emerge from pokeballs (Gengar), The enemy tends to avoid conflict
1619928871512.png
Expedition Society (Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon)
Class: Legend
Type: Support Neutral
Effect: Team Power Up
  • Puppet Fighter: Giant Pikachu (Calem's Hat), Tiny Pichu (Focus Band), Corrin (Black), Jigglypuff (Serena Hat), Falco (Red), Bunny tiny Lucario (Grey), Tiny Fox (Orange), Rosalina and Luma (Yellow)
  • Stage: Venus Lighthouse
  • Music Track:
  • Conditions: Reinforcements will spawn (Rosalina & Luma), Only certain pokemon will appear from pokeballs (Dedenne, Swirlix), The enemies FS meter charges quickly

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
Don't know if this would help but, this a list of Pokemon spin-off that is somewhat acceptable aside from Mystery Dungeon, of course:
  • Pokemon Rangers
  • Pokemon Conquest (probably only the player character as the other warlords are all from Samurai Warriors in terms of personality and design, so I suggest leave that out for future Warriors content)
  • Pokemon Smile?
  • Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness
  • Pokemon Coliseum
  • Pokken Tournament (although we already have Shadow Mewtwo I believe)
  • Pokemon Masters (probably only the OCs)
  • Pokémon Battle Revolution
  • Pokemon Quest?
I leave out GO and Cafe Mix because I thought there's no need for more

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Job #98: Submit Two Pokeball Pokemon

It goes without saying that showcasing a Pokémon newcomer will lead into a Pokémon Pokeball montage. If you have noticed, we actually haven’t done one in quite a while which was intentional.

When doing your submission, please submit two total pokemon. One from Gen 8 (Pokémon Sword & Shield) plus one from any generation before that.

Here is our current list of Pokemon which doesn’t include past ones.

To reiterate;
1) Gen 8 Pokémon (1)
2) Any Pokémon from any previous Gen other than 8 (1)

We will then hold a voting period for both categories to decide which Pokémon we will include. As the montage will showcase a number of new Mona, we will be accepting more than one submission as a winner. I will inform the thread the exact number prior to starting the voting.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
For some quick corrections to my rejected Spirits

-Magic Monkey is a primary, it does not need a skill
-Professor Hector and Smicks are a primary and do not need a skill. Type would be defense.

Also, what's your beef with garlic getting a Spirit? It's an important part of the Wario series.

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Job #98 Pokeball Pokemon

Previous Gen: Meowstic (Gen VI)
678.png
678_f2.png

When summoned two Meowstic, one male, one female, will seperately run and jump around the stage and perform Psybeam, unfolding their ears and unleashing a couple rays of psychic energy that has a small chance putting the opponents in a stun/dizzying stance. After a bit, the two will meet back together, strike a pose and disappear.

I'll be quite honest here, the main reason I'm submitting Meowstic is cuz it's my favorite pokemon period, love it's design, and I'm a sucker for cats. As such, I'd love to see it to make into smash in some form. They're still amongst the more popular of Gen VI's mon so I don't think they'd be too out there. Haha.

Gen VIII: Rillaboom
812.png

When summoned, Rillaboom will perform Drum Beating. Rillaboom will take out his drum and start playing it, causing roots to appear randomly throughout the stage, attacking opponents. After a bit, it'll pound it's chest and leave

Definitely one of the more popular gen VII mon, rillaboom seems like a no brainer here. Plus it'd be cool to have fully evolved starters as pokeball mon for once.

Last edited:

Adrianette Bromide

Smash Lord
Job 98: Cinderace and Ultra Necrozma

815.png

Cinderace uses Pyro Ball to form a fireball that it will begin to kick back and forth around itself. The fireball has a small hitbox that slightly damages opponents while Cinderace is practicing kicks but the real damage comes from Cinderace's kicking attack. It will kick the ball in the direction of enemy players with incredible launch power. The ball however can be reflected with a timed attack. If the ball goes off-screen, Cinderace will start igniting a new one. If the ball is left on the ground, Cinderace will attempt to run to it and kick it again.

38b5597a0cd3ff3a26535663f2a32daf.png

Ultra Necrozma will use its all powerful Z-Move, Light That Burns the Sky. Ultra Necrozma appears in the background and begins charging a huge ball of light from its mouth. It will grow for about 12 seconds until Ultra Necrozma releases the ball or scorching light into the sky. A small beam will appear from the sky where the light will appear for a few seconds before the ball of light comes crashing down hurting everybody caught in the attack!

Paraster

Smash Lord
Pokeball Submissions
Non-Gen 8: Mega Gardevoir

1619969210599.png

When a Gardevoir emerges from a Poke Ball, there is a chance it will immediately Mega Evolve into Mega Gardevoir. In this state, Gardevoir's normal function remains, but it will also inflict continuous damage on any opponents inside its reflection field and fire Moonblasts (light projectiles with slight homing properties) in whatever direction it's facing).

(I wanted to include at least one Mega Evolution among the Poke Balls, and felt that this would be a fun way to do it.)

Gen 8: Galarian Meowth
1619969503941.png

Behaves like regular Meowth, though its coins deal more damage and some knockback at the cost of having a narrower range and not being thrown as quickly.

(I thought another situation similar to Vulpix/Alolan Vulpix would be fun.)

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Gen VII: Rillaboom
View attachment 313516

When summoned, Rillaboom will perform Drum Beating. Rillaboom will take out his drum and start playing it, causing roots to appear randomly throughout the stage, attacking opponents. After a bit, it'll pound it's chest and leave

Definitely one of the more popular gen VII mon, rillaboom seems like a no brainer here. Plus it'd be cool to have a fully evolved starter as pokeball mon for once.
Updated my submission to add a gen 8 mon with Rillaboom, as rereading the prompt, it appears necessary. My b.

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Job 98

Gen 8

Inteleon

Inteleon will appear and then dive into the stage in a blast of water, they will then appear in random locations and will use Water Snipe to attack an opponent, this works like the Staff item where the farther you are away from it the more damage it deals, if you get to close they will use Liquidation where you will be hit by a smasll rush of water that knocks you back.

Non 8

Kecleon

Kecleon once summoned will turn invisible and will wander around the stage picking up items to give to the summoner, if Kecleon is attacked at all, it will retaliate with an attack that deals half the damage of the move that attacked it.

Yiptap

Smash Lord
Will probably submit Pokéball Pokémon later. For now, here are some New Pokémon Snap spirits.
Rita and Phil
Debut Game: New Pokémon Snap
Advanced Class Support (Fog Immunity)
Song: Battle Tower
Stage: Wuhu Island (Sugarsand Beach)
Opponents: Lucas (Masked Man Colors)
Conditions: Items spawn in large quantities (Pokéballs), Hostile Assist Trophies appear (Yuri)
Illumina Orb
Debut Game: New Pokémon Snap
Novice Class Support (Energy-Shot Attack Up)
Song: Slumbering Weald
Stage: Garden of Hope
Opponents: Invisible Ness (Blue Alt)
Conditions: The stage is covered in fog, The opponent favors neutral special

BowserKing

Smash Lord
Gen 8 Pokéball Pokémon: Falinks
1619975016661.png

These Pokémon march in a row and have 2 major attacks. The first attack is accurately called first impression which rams the firstborn opponent it sees. The second attack is Poison Jab, firing multiple Jabs at the opponents.

Other Pokéball Pokémon: Aurorus

1619975343409.png

This sauropod Pokémon starts by firing a dry freeze, dealing quite a bit of damage and slightly slowing the opponents down. It then unleashes ancient power, pushing the opponents back a bit. The more damage the enemy has, the greater the distance ancient power delivers. That moves KO’s at 140%. Aurorus can be summoned more oftentimes at night then in the daylight, as a reference to it evolving at nighttime.

Krookodilian

Smash Ace
For some quick corrections to my rejected Spirits

-Magic Monkey is a primary, it does not need a skill
-Professor Hector and Smicks are a primary and do not need a skill. Type would be defense.

Also, what's your beef with garlic getting a Spirit? It's an important part of the Wario series.
If a primary spirit has no effect, that must be clarified in the post. It also would greatly help the spirit team if you would adopt the format widely used when submitting spirits, as it is sometimes quite difficult to find the details of your spirit battles. Using the standard format should also ensure that all the necessary information is present as well, as there have been more cases than these two where details have been missing. I see that you last spirit submission did use this format so please continue to do so.

for more prominent characters we have just filled in the missing information, however we were unsure as to whether to include Magic Monkey due to its extreme obscurity and lack of art, and usure whether to include Hector and Smicks since the R.O.B. series only uses real pictures for the spirits, and so far has no spirits from the games R.O.B. is used for. Since we were unsure as to whether to include them, and they were already missing information we decided not to include them. We will reconsider, however we cannot guarantee they will be included.

Garlic was submitted with this art:

It was rejected due to it being generic, and only having a tiny sprite. Inanimate objects are met with more scrutiny than actual characters as well which played into this decision.

Last edited:

Krookodilian

Smash Ace
1619988811336.png
Team AWD (Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time & Darkness)
(Artwork: Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky)
Class: Advanced
Type: Primary Attack, 2 Slots
Effect: No effect
  • Puppet Fighter: Ridley (NES Sprite), Wolf (Black), R.O.B. (Purple)
  • Stage: Great Cave Offensive
  • Music Track:
  • Conditions: Certain Items will appear in large numbers (pokéballs)
1619988968331.png
Krookodile (Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon)
Type: Support Attack
Effect: Bury Immunity, 1 Slot
  • Puppet Fighter: King K. Rool (Maroon), Tiny King K. Rool (Orange)
  • Stage: Gerudo Valley
  • Music Track:
  • Conditions: Defeat the main fighter to win, Certain items will appear in large numbers (Pitfall)
1619989606472.png
1619989619615.png
1619989632165.png
1619989645287.png
1619989660674.png
Students (Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon)
Effect: Lightweight, 1 Slot
  • Puppet Fighter: Tiny Mewtwo (Black), Ivysaur (Pink), Tiny Dark Pit (Default), Tiny Dark Samus (Grey), Tiny Kirby (Purple)
  • Stage: Garreg Mach Monastery
  • Music Track:
  • Conditions: The enemy will charge up a powerful final smash
1619991176931.png
1619991187694.png
1619991198896.png
1619991215002.png
Teachers (Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon)
Type: Support Shield
Effect: Stamina ↑, 1 Slot
  • Puppet Fighter: Dr Mario (Pink), Fox (Yellow), Inkling (Blue), Young Link (Orange)
  • Stage: Garreg Mach Monastery
  • Music Track:
  • Conditions: The enemy gets a major stat boost when damage (Fox), The enemy heals over Time (Dr. Mario)
1619992358591.png
Shadow Lugia (Pokémon XD: Gale of Darkness)
Class: Legend
Type: Primary Shield, No Slots
Effect: Trade-Off Ability ↑
  • Puppet Fighter: Giant Mewtwo (Shadow)
  • Stage: Wuhu Island (Cruiser)
  • Music Track: Dialga's Fight to the Finish
  • Conditions: The enemy has boosted Darkness Attacks, The enemy is weak to Dark Attacks, Certain pokemon will emerge from pokeballs (Lugia)
1619993236912.png
Pikachu (Pokémon Quest)
Type: Primary Neutral, 1 Slot
Effect: Electric Attack ↑
  • Summon from cores of Partner Pikachu and Slime (Minecraft)
1619991743431.png
Mr. Oshori (Celeste)
Type: Support Shield
Effect: Critical-Health Attack ↑, 1 Slot
  • Puppet Fighter: Incineroar (Green)
  • Stage: Luigi's Mansion
  • Music Track: Confronting Myself
  • Conditions: The enemy favors Down and Side Special, Hazard: Poison Floor
1619991784557.png
Old Lady (Celeste)
Effect: Stamina ↑, 1 Slot
  • Summon from the cores of Wrinkly Kong, Cranky Kong, and Madeline
1619992915103.png
Winged Strawberry (Celeste)
Effect: Dash Attack ↑, 1 Slot
  • Purchase from Timmy & Tommy's
The art for Mr. Oshori and the Old Lady haven't been released as individual images, so we'll be assuming we have access to the secret developer files for these two.

Last edited:

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
Job 98:

Gen 8 Pokemon:
Urshifu

Urshifu can spawn in either it's water type or dark type form(forgot the actual names, very sorry). Either way it does the same thing. Urshifu will run around the stage performing Surging Strikes/Wicked Blow on other fighters.

Past Gen Pokemon:
Kartana

Kartana flies around the stage doing it's paper airplane type fly. If someone or something comes to close to it, it will attack everyone near it with it's razor sharp arms. It will also cause a very temporary stun effect

Last edited:

ahemtoday

Smash Ace
If that's the case, couldn't that also apply to spirits with no artwork?
Well, no. Because in the case of Celeste, the art is already drawn, and we know it's already drawn, because we've seen it. We're just assuming the devs have that layer of the drawing separately lying around. The same goes for low-res artwork. And we can get pretty close to displaying what the real version would look like with resizing and/or the lasso tool.

In the case of characters with no official art, there is no art we know exists, if we any exists at all. And we wouldn't be able to display what the real version would look like because we don't know what it looks like, or if it even exists.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
1620003991389.png

Runerigus
Runerigus uses Brutal Swing which causes it to use its shadowy body to swing the rocky parts of its body around. These do high amounts of damage if the connect. Any contact with its ghastly body will induce hitstun which will allow further attacks to connect.

Metapod
This insect Pokémon will continue to harden itself which is shown by a gleam on its body followed by a sharp “sheeeeeeen” sound. Metapod can be picked up by anyone and thrown at nearby opponents. The more it hardens itself, the more damage and knockback it deals.

Last edited:

Yiptap

Smash Lord
Well, no. Because in the case of Celeste, the art is already drawn, and we know it's already drawn, because we've seen it. We're just assuming the devs have that layer of the drawing separately lying around. The same goes for low-res artwork. And we can get pretty close to displaying what the real version would look like with resizing and/or the lasso tool.

In the case of characters with no official art, there is no art we know exists, if we any exists at all. And we wouldn't be able to display what the real version would look like because we don't know what it looks like, or if it even exists.
I see, that clears up a lot. Thanks!

Krookodilian

Smash Ace

Couldn't have said it better myself. There's precedent for this as well with the Nightmare spirit from Metroid, which was not publicly released prior to Ultimate.

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
There's precedent for this as well with the Nightmare spirit from Metroid, which was not publicly released prior to Ultimate.
Well you could say for Nightmare himself that he has an artwork (albeit a concept art) but altered drastically in the process of making it official that we never got to see as the design itself is from Other M with the concept art that they have shown is from Other M gallery.

Last edited:

Krookodilian

Smash Ace
Dracovish
1620016402159.png

When summoned, Dracovish will stand for an extended period of time like a doofus before rushing at immense speeds at the opponent and using the fishous rend Attack. This does immense damage and knockback, so you better try to avoid it. Once his fishous rend animation finishes, he will stand like a doofus again. After a pause he will perform another fishous rend. He will perform 4 fishous rends in total before despawning. He should be included because he is a competitive beast, Ash caught one, and because we should be grateful for Mr. Fish.

Wigglytuff
1620016117802.png

We've included a Mystery Dungeon fighter, so why not include a Mystery Dungeon pokeball mon as well. When Wigglytuff is summoned, 3 apples will be spawned as well. Wigglytuff will slowly waddle over to the three apples and collect them. If Wigglytuff gets to all three he will despawn without attacking. However if the apples are eaten, Wiggly will perform Echoed Voice (or Yoom-Tah!!!) the same number of times as number of apples eaten. Echoed Voice will be a shockwave damaging the whole screen, dealing slightly more damage than that of the POW Block. Whoever eats the apple first will be immune from the echoed voice and the opponent will be the one damaged. It mixes it up by having both you and the opponent able to be damaged, and not just the opponent. He should be included because so far we've only included one gen 1 pokemon, and history shows that usually more than that are included. Wigglytuff is also a very important pokemon in Explorers of Sky.​

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
Job #98
Gen 8: Dragapult
1620011949992.png

When Dragapult is summoned, it will use its signature move Dragon Dart. How it works is that it when summoned, it will floats around the stage and fire two Dreepys, which will hone in on the closest opponent. This repeats two more times. Dreepys do explosive damage similar to Snake's Nikita.

Earlier Gen:
1620014357810.png

Torterra works similar to Gogoat, but it works much slower. Not only can fighters stand on the back of Torterra, they also can stand on the top of the tree. If Torterra gets enought damage, it will use wood hammer doing damage with large knockback sending fighters flying. After Wood Hammer is used, Torterra will despawn.

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Dracovish
View attachment 313610
When summoned, Dracovish will stand for an extended period of time like a doofus before rushing at immense speeds at the opponent and using the fishous rend Attack. This does immense damage and knockback, so you better try to avoid it. Once his fishous rend animation finishes, he will stand like a doofus again. After a pause he will perform another fishous rend. He will perform 4 fishous rends in total before despawning. He should be included because he is a competitive beast, Ash caught one, and because we should be grateful for Mr. Fish.

Wigglytuff
View attachment 313609
We've included a Mystery Dungeon fighter, so why not include a Mystery Dungeon pokeball mon as well. When Wigglytuff is summoned, 3 apples will be spawned as well. Wigglytuff will slowly waddle over to the three apples and collect them. If Wigglytuff gets to all three he will despawn without attacking. However if the apples are eaten, Wiggly will perform Echoed Voice (or Yoom-Tah!!!) the same number of times as number of apples eaten. Echoed Voice will be a shockwave damaging the whole screen, dealing slightly more damage than that of the POW Block. Whoever eats the apple first will be immune from the echoed voice and the opponent will be the one damaged. It mixes it up by having both you and the opponent able to be damaged, and not just the opponent. He should be included because so far we've only included one gen 1 pokemon, and history shows that usually more than that are included. Wigglytuff is also a very important pokemon in Explorers of Sky.​
I think that if we add PMD Wigglytuff as anything, it should be an Assist Trophy. It would really sell the point that PMD is different from regular Pokemon. Plus it would be weird having a pokeball from a spinoff where they don't exist.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
We will be closing submissions up in just a little bit. Please get any that you may have and post them up!

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Cinderance (Pokemon Sword/Shield)

Cinderance is the fire starter in Pokemon Sword and Shield, and one of the most common predictions for a Gen 8 Pokemon. That hasn’t happened yet, but it gets to be a Pokeball Pokemon. When summoned, it runs around the stage, kicking at foes. It can also use Pyro Ball, an attack where it’ll create a soccer ball of flames and kick it at an opponent. This soccer ball homes in on opponents, is moderately powerful, and has a bouncing effect similar to Yoshi’s egg. Uniquely, Cinderance interacts with the Soccer Ball item, which has a very similar effect to Pyro Ball.

Mega Camerupt (Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire)
1620044926133.png

Mega Camerupt is a rare spawn, but extremely powerful. Upon spawning, Camerupt Mega Evolves and uses Eruption, firing 6-12 molten rocks into the air. They decent from the sky, similar to PK Starstorm. The rocks are smaller than PK Starstorm, but explode upon impact with anything, dealing big damage. Camerupt also has a weak hurtbox on it's body. It despaws a few seconds after doing eruption.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Cinderance (Pokemon Sword/Shield)

Cinderance is the fire starter in Pokemon Sword and Shield, and one of the most common predictions for a Gen 8 Pokemon. That hasn’t happened yet, but it gets to be a Pokeball Pokemon. When summoned, it runs around the stage, kicking at foes. It can also use Pyro Ball, an attack where it’ll create a soccer ball of flames and kick it at an opponent. This soccer ball homes in on opponents, is moderately powerful, and has a bouncing effect similar to Yoshi’s egg. Uniquely, Cinderance interacts with the Soccer Ball item, which has a very similar effect to Pyro Ball.

Mega Camerupt (Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire)

Mega Camerupt is a rare spawn, but extremely powerful. Upon spawning, Camerupt Mega Evolves and uses Eruption, firing 6-12 molten rocks into the air. They decent from the sky, similar to PK Starstorm. The rocks are smaller than PK Starstorm, but explode upon impact with anything, dealing big damage. Camerupt also has a weak hurtbox on it's body. It despaws a few seconds after doing eruption.
Mega Camerupt is viable but Cinderace has already been submitted. While I normally allow duplicate submissions, there are far more Pokemon to pick from plus yours is pretty similar to the first one that was submitted. Could you please make another submission for an 8th Gen Mon?

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I think that if we add PMD Wigglytuff as anything, it should be an Assist Trophy. It would really sell the point that PMD is different from regular Pokemon. Plus it would be weird having a pokeball from a spinoff where they don't exist.
From my personal standpoint, it would be far more jarring for a Pokémon to jump out of an assist trophy than a PMD Pokémon jumping from a pokeball. Not everyone knows about PMD lore and I would imagine there’s more than a handful who don’t even know the series exists. I feel there would be a lot of puzzles looks and head scratches if one does pop out an assist trophy and a few may wonder if it was truly necessary given “it’s just a Pokémon”.

If we were to add a PMD Pokémon, I would prefer if it looks fairly different compared to its mainline appearance.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Mega Camerupt is viable but Cinderace has already been submitted. While I normally allow duplicate submissions, there are far more Pokemon to pick from plus yours is pretty similar to the first one that was submitted. Could you please make another submission for an 8th Gen Mon?
My apologies. I have a pool of pre-made Assists/Stages/Items I usually pull from, I just went with Cinderance without seeing if anyone else submitted it. Here's a new submission.

Galarian Mr. Mime (Pokemon Sword/Shield)
Mr. Mime - #122 - Serebii.net Pokédex

Mr. Mime, one of the most popular and least controversial Pokemon in series history, is being added as a Pokeball pokemon in its Galarian form. It has two things it can do. It’s first move is to always freeze the platform it’s standing on, giving it ice physics. It also does this occasionally later on. After that, it creates psychic barriers and kicks them to a random part of the stage. They’re about 1 Bowser tall and translucent. Opponents can’t walk or float through these barriers, but you can (Mr. Rime can’t as well). Mr. Mime de-spawns after about 15 seconds, removing all ice and barriers with it.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
My apologies. I have a pool of pre-made Assists/Stages/Items I usually pull from, I just went with Cinderance without seeing if anyone else submitted it. Here's a new submission.

Galarian Mr. Mime (Pokemon Sword/Shield)
Mr. Mime - #122 - Serebii.net Pokédex

Mr. Mime, one of the most popular and least controversial Pokemon in series history, is being added as a Pokeball pokemon in its Galarian form. It has two things it can do. It’s first move is to always freeze the platform it’s standing on, giving it ice physics. It also does this occasionally later on. After that, it creates psychic barriers and kicks them to a random part of the stage. They’re about 1 Bowser tall and translucent. Opponents can’t walk or float through these barriers, but you can (Mr. Rime can’t as well). Mr. Mime de-spawns after about 15 seconds, removing all ice and barriers with it.
Thanks!

We will be closing submissions in about an hour or so.

We are nearing our end of Pokemon content but, depending on how voting goes, we may extend some aspects of it. The Pokémon content will kick the April Direct off which will start with the reveal trailer for Grovyle & Celebi and will also showcase Wigglytiff Guild and a few of our Pokeball Pokemon.

Following that, Sakurai will discuss indepth about Grovyle & Celebi, the reasons for their inclusion, and the moveset. This is followed by a quick look at Wigglyutff Guild and a full look at our Pokeball Pokemon.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Thanks!

We will be closing submissions in about an hour or so.

We are nearing our end of Pokemon content but, depending on how voting goes, we may extend some aspects of it. The Pokémon content will kick the April Direct off which will start with the reveal trailer for Grovyle & Celebi and will also showcase Wigglytiff Guild and a few of our Pokeball Pokemon.

Following that, Sakurai will discuss indepth about Grovyle & Celebi, the reasons for their inclusion, and the moveset. This is followed by a quick look at Wigglyutff Guild and a full look at our Pokeball Pokemon.
Good thing we're getting the controversial pick out of the way. People are gonna hate on this even if it is Mystery Dungeon content...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom