• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Infinite Project (Finally Finished!???)

Which title should we use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
Costume
Wrestler abd Reporter
Tap Trial
Widget Mask

AT
Love Posse

BowserKing

Smash Lord
For Mii Costumes: Rhythm Monkey, Rhythm Girl and Karate Joe

For Assist Trophy: Blue Birds and Captain Blue Bird

evanwoo10

Smash Lord
Mii Costume:
1. Reporter and Wrestler
2. Karate Joe
3. Rhythm Monkey

Assist Trophy:
1. Blue Birds + Captain Blue Bird

Krookodilian

Smash Ace

All Star mode is updated with Barista and Medusa. Medusa is our first NES rep, and Barista is our third GBA rep, alongside Issac and Ashley. Kid Icarus also joins Super Mario Bros, Ocarina of Time, Pokemon Red and Green, and Fire Emblem Awakening as the fifth title to have 3+ fighters originating from the same game.

before anyone objects to Medusa's placement, her human form did make an appearance in the original Kid Icarus despite her monster form being the main boss.
32910.png

Last edited:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
pretty sure I did, but if you can't find it here it is:
View attachment 306068
Thank you. Sometimes I fall behind and miss stuff. Tagging me and reminding me always helps :). I appreciate it. I’ll become increasingly busy as the month goes on so any heads up on things I forgot it appreciated.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
in regards to the poll, I don't think they should be separated, but there is something vaguely related I'd like to try and do.

When's the next Echo with some degree of uniqueness going to be selected?

Yiptap

Smash Lord
Assist Trophy Job #64

Love Posse

The Love Posse girl will be sitting on top of her pink car and a speech bubble will pop in with a line like “into you” or “crazy into you”. The two Love Posse dudes appear on either side and will repeat what she said on a beat. These repeated statements appear in a speech bubble which is situated in the center and are combined together. These speech bubbles have a hitbox which will knock the opponent into the air. The further the Assist Trophy continues, the faster and more the speech bubbles comes out and deals more damage. Contrary to the actual game, the Posse is spaced out more further apar
Kinda late, but the Love Posse girl is called MC Adore.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
We will continue to allow voting for the Mii Costume/Assist Trophy for 12 more hours.

Job #65: Submit Improvements to Stage Builder

In the same vein as the improvements made in Ultimate, we will begin to submit and vote for the best improvements that make sense realistically and from a mechanic standpoint for the game mode, Stage Builder. It’s easy to become carried away and add a crap ton of content that is far and beyond possible to actually include realisticallly. Try to provide content improvements that enhances the experience and allows for creativity but within the confines of realism and sensibility. For inspiration, please refresh yourself with the changes made in Ultimate. This includes various new items and elements like teleporters, backgrounds, and moving parts.

in regards to the poll, I don't think they should be separated, but there is something vaguely related I'd like to try and do.

When's the next Echo with some degree of uniqueness going to be selected?
We will start gearing up for the Game Awards Show which will feature two characters: a 3rd party character and an unique 3rd party echo based on a veteran character. I will provide details to this prompt within due time but, for now, this is not an active job so early submissions won’t be counted.

Kinda late, but the Love Posse girl is called MC Adore.
Thanks! I forgot to add that. If they get selected, I will change it to MC Adore

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Job #65:
Texture rework

All textures are removed except Bouncy Rubber, Lava, and Ice. The default platforms are now completely plain and can have their colours customised. Textured platforms can also have their colours changed. New textures exclusively change mechanics, those being:

Quicksand (sinks characters in)
Fragile wood (collapses like donut blocks in Mario games)
Water (swimmable - and drownable)
Brambles (from Donkey Kong. Causes damage but not knockback when stood on)
Recharge Strips (from F-Zero. Heals those who stand on it)
Glue (Makes it hard to jump)
Conveyer Belt (Should be obvious)
Spotted (Can be ran around on regardless of gravity, like the wheels in Sonic 1's Scrap Brain Zone)
Checkered Grass (From Sonic. Increases speed at both directions.)
Meat (Items appear every time it's jumped on)
Swirly (Decreases speed at both directions)
Inflated Latex (Causes knockback but not damage, goes up with gravity instead of down)

Last edited:

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
Job 65

More Backdrops Added

The backdrops for Final Destination and Battlefield of all the past Smash games are now selectable as well as backdrops for all the first party series from their debut games. In addition to those, all the boss fight backdrops are now useable in stable builder as well

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Job 65

Logic

(Sorry if this is too expansive, I have a separate idea if that is the case.)

Basically, there would be some very basic logic added to stage builder it would be an expansion to the Switches already in the game, they would get replaced with an all new Logic tab where there would be a few new things

AND Gates2 things have to be inputted into this gate and something will come out as a result
OR Gates2 triggers lead into this gate and as long as one of them is activated the result is produced
TimerOnce the time runs out or gets to a certain number it can be tied to a function.
SensorCan detect a player or physics object depending on the settings
ButtonPlayer's or Physics objects landing on it will activate it while standing on it
2 Way SwitchThe switch already seen in game, on or off
3 Way SwitchA switch with 3 separate functions
EmitterCan dispense a smash Item or Physics object once activated, the item can be selected by the stage author
SpeakerOnce activated this can play a voice line or sound effect seen in the sound test menu.
Text BoxYou can place a wall of text that you can type on, there are strict Chat filters applied to it as expected. and the visibility can be toggled with logic.

The logic can be interacted with via a separate menu accessed in whatever stage you are working on and the interface would be a simple drag and drop system ala the Overwatch Workshop or Little big Planet 2. For example "If (2 way switch 1) is in the ON position, spawn an Assist trophy from (Emitter 1)"

Last edited:

CheeseAnton

Smash Ace
Job #65: Custom playlist of Music for stages

You ever made a really good stage, and then thought afterword, "golly gee willikers, Batman, I made a great stage but only 1 song can go with it. I wish I could put multiple songs for this stage to play"? No, you haven't. You aren't friends with Batman. But if you were, you certainly would.

The idea is at the bottom, instead of it simply stating music, it says Music Playlist. Here, you can add songs and remove songs for the stage you're making. You can still only have 1 song if wanted, but you can have up to a total of [whatever amount of songs Venus would think is reasonable. I say 20, but maybe he doesn't think so].

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Job #65: Custom playlist of Music for stages

You ever made a really good stage, and then thought afterword, "golly gee willikers, Batman, I made a great stage but only 1 song can go with it. I wish I could put multiple songs for this stage to play"? No, you haven't. You aren't friends with Batman. But if you were, you certainly would.

The idea is at the bottom, instead of it simply stating music, it says Music Playlist. Here, you can add songs and remove songs for the stage you're making. You can still only have 1 song if wanted, but you can have up to a total of [whatever amount of songs Venus would think is reasonable. I say 20, but maybe he doesn't think so].
there's already a mechanic that could work very well with this
Music in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate detailed, over 800 tracks to be  featured | Nintendo Wire

currently, playlists are pretty useless... but if you could tie them into custom stages?

Honest Slug

Smash Journeyman
Job 64:
Mii:
Karate Joe
Reporter and Wrestler
Tibby

AT:
Sneaky Spirit

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
So we will continue with submitting improvements to Stage Builder. Following that, we will have a string of jobs involving adding general content before diving into our next character.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Art Request: Screen KO

This is the first time I’ve asked this but I would like to put out a request for art to be done. This art involves Screen KO’s for our current newcomer roster. This art can consist of pencil and paper, digital art, 3D modeling etc. Please ping me to let me know you want to do it and which character you want to cover. The characters are:
  1. Isaac
  2. Bandana Dee
  3. Octoling
  4. Waluigi
  5. Crash
  6. Stylist
  7. Ashley
  8. Medusa
  9. Barista

Again, please ping me and let me know you want to do it and which character you want to cover. This is first come, first serve.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I could try to do Bandana Dee, Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom . I'm not an artist by any stretch of the imagination, so don't expect the mona lisa.

Anyway, Stage Builder. My idea for an improvement is simple... every background is here. Every"real" stage has a background that accompanies it. While it sounds like a lot of work on paper, it's really just a PNG. Every stage would get one background, usually resembling the start of the stage. The exceptions are Mementos (which has a form for each phase) and Minecraft World (which has a form using the Nether). In addition, every background from Brawl and 4's Stage Builder make a return.

Also, if a stage builder stage has more sand/ice/wool than generic material, Steve mines that block instead of dirt. If the background uses the Nether variant of the Minecraft World stage, it uses the Nether items (netherrack, blackstone, crimson planks), with the potential exception of Netherack if the first variable applies.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom