• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Infinite Project (Finally Finished!???)

Which title should we use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord
There are three series that I’d want to see another rep from the most. Obviously Zelda, considering how large the series is and that there are so many great side characters being ignored. Donkey Kong also feels like we’re only scratching the surface with the three characters we currently have. I think that there’s a good case for Dixie, Cranky, and Funky. And I know we already have Waluigi, but I would like to vote on another Mario newcomer at some point. It isn’t unusual for us to get multiple Mario newcomers in one Smash game and there are still a lot of side characters we could add. Toad, Captain Toad, Paper Mario, Geno (if he counts), Fawful, King Boo, Pauline, etc. Mario’s cast is so iconic to Nintendo that I personally feel it warrants having an excessive amount of characters.

If I had to pick one though, I think that I’d say Donkey Kong.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Since we've decided Bowser songs from the Yoshi series can play on the Bowser's Castle stage alongside Yoshi stages, I decided to come up with some other special My Music criteria, it's up to Venus whether to use them or not though.

"Environmental Noises" and "Environmental Noises (Night)" can play on Minecraft World
"Gangplank Galleon", "Ship Deck 2", "Snakey Chantey", "Jib Jig", "Pirate Lagoon", "Crocodile Cacapohony" and "Octopus - Game and Watch Gallery" can all play on Pirate Ship
"Birabuto Kingdom", "Octopus - Game and Watch Gallery", "Title - Game and Watch Gallery", "Underworld Tower" and "Beach - Mole Mania" can play on Dream Land GB.
"Waluigi Pinball", "Waluigi Island","Wario City" and "Waluigi Pinball - Mario Sports Mix" can play on Gamer and WarioWare Inc.
"Excitebike Arena" has been moved to Others but can also play on Mario Circuit, Rainbow Road and Figure 8 Circuit
"Pirate Lagoon" and "Mute City - Mario Kart 8" can play on Mario Circuit, Rainbow Road and Figure-8 Circuit
"Tomorrow Hill" and "Chemical Plant Zone" can play on Fourside
"Rainbow Juice" can play on Fountain of Dreams and Rainbow Road
"Battle Scene/Final Boss - Golden Sun (Brawl)" and "Cease to Exist!" can play on Norfair
"Megalovania" and "Susie's Theme" can play on New Pork City
"Dig Dug 2" can play on the Great Cave Offensive
"Mappy Medley" can play on Tomodachi Life and Luigi's Mansion
"Galaga Medley" can play on Lylat Cruise
"Tetris Type A" and all 3 versions of "Ashley's Theme" can play on Luigi's Mansion
"Polar Pass" and "Confronting Myself" can play on Summit
"Worm Chase - Crash Twinsanity" can play on all scrolling stages
"Main Theme - Monty on the Run" can play on Mario Bros., 75M and Pac-Land
"Bubsy in Claws Encounters of the Furred Kind Medley" can play on Green Hill Zone
"Title - Buck Bumble" can play on Garden of Hope and Distant Planet
"Art Museum - Drill Dozer" can play on Shadow Moses Island, both Pokemon Stadiums, Spear Pillar, Kalos, and Unova
"Boiler City" can play on Mario Bros.
"Title - Solstice" can play on Castle Siege and Hyrule Castle
"Title - Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Tipping Stars" can play on 75M
"Reach for the Stars" can play on Mario Galaxy
"Balloon Fight Medley", "Balloon Trip", "Dig Dug 2" and "Balloon Trip (Brawl)" can play on Poke Floats
"Swan Lesson" and "Smiles and Tears" can play on Fountain of Dreams
"Mario Paint Medley" can play on Pictochat 2
"Pirate Lagoon" can play on Spiral Mountain
"Humoresque of a Little Dog" can play on Living Room
"Beach - Mole Mania" and "Beach - Plok" can play on Delfino Plaza
"WarioWare Inc." and "WarioWare Inc. Medley" can play on Waluigi Pinball

Last edited:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Voting for Barista’s moveset is now closed. I’m sorry for the delay but I was momentarily busy.

Here are the results of the Barista moveset submissions!

Cashregister9’s moveset 1
Venus of the Desert Bloom’s moveset 5

Krookodilian’s moveset 10
Ahemtoday’s moveset 8
Commander_Alph’s gimmick/mechanic
(if it gets the most votes, we will incorporate this to second most voted moveset) 2

It was neck and neck for a while between Krook and Ahem but Krook (not a crook ;) ) eventually took the lead near the end of the voting period. We will be going with this moveset but I do want to take the time to thank the participants for drafting up amazing movesets! They were all really great and I appreciate you taking the time to work on these.

We will be concluding the submission round for a Rhythm Heaven stage within 5 hours so please submit yours by then!

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Submissions for a Rhythm Heaven stage has concluded. We have three submissions available so please vote for the one you think both represents the series best but is also interesting and unique.

Double Date
#61:
Double Date

Double Date is a medium-sized stage designed with competitive play in mind. It has a walled, grassy platform, while the events of the minigame unfold in the background with Romeo kicking the balls and Julia watching the gophers, with it turning from daytime to sunset around the 4 minute mark and never turning back. (The 4 minute mark being chosen since the competitive standard is 8 minutes) The stage uses 2D graphics for characters, the bench, and the balls but 3D for everything else, a la Gamer.

The stage layout is simple. The pink platform is slightly shorter than the yellow platform and slowly moves from left to right (seen at left here), while the yellow platform is stationary. The platform appears in front of the events of the minigame, being slightly rised above the ground instead of the same ground Romeo and Julia are on.
View attachment 305504

The Omega and Battlefield forms could be compared to Living Room's as they take place in the sky instead of slightly above the ground, though the couple and gopyers are still visible. The left platform on Battlefield is pink, the top is yellow, and the right is red.
Rhythm Heaven
JOB 60:

RHYTHM HEAVEN (or Rhythm Paradise if you are in Europe)

The stage is the size of Kalos Pokemon league with no platforms

the background emulates the Rhythm Heaven Fever box art

The background also has Dozens of 2d Cameos from almost every single Mini game present in the series

Depending on the song being played on stage the lights in the background are different and so are the cameos.

There is a Rhythm based mechanic Occasionally you will hear some audio cues and Hair Vegetables will fall from the sky , hitting them in time with the audio cues will give you a buff, failing to do so will give you a debuff

TL:DR
This is the Stage Approximation and Omega and Battlefield forms are the exact same background just with the platform changes

Job 62

Wario has a "Garlic Meter" next to his Hud that measures his current Waft level.
Night Walk
Job 60:

NIGHT WALK
Possibly one of the more iconic rhythm games from the series (even if it technically started out as part of an Mp3 player peripheral for the GBA). Night Walk has you controlling Play Yan walking through the night sky while jumping on boxes to the beat of the tune.

The original game was a sidescroller, but those don't transition themselves that well to Smash, so instead it'll be a completely still, medium sized stage, with a randomized layout, with platforms and ledges of various sizes.
View attachment 305515
Example layout i barfed up in paint.net with Barista himself as a refernce (not 1 to 1, of course). Reminder that these will be randomized, so layouts will vary

The little boxes one each pillar can be jumped off of to reveal flowers and give you a little boost. The boxes will close after a while. Plus Play-yan himself will occasionally float down from his balloons to jump through the stage himself, in which he will trigger all the boxes, have they not been triggered already.

The omega/BF form would essentially be the usual BF/FD shaped platforms with the blue pillars as the base with the cyan platforms lining the top and filling in for the floating platforms. An always default nightwalk layout will also be featured in the background, with Play Yan occasionally jumping by

I chose Night Walk because it's such an icon RH game, having variations playable in 3 of the 4 games. Plus, according to Megamix, this is actually the Barista's favorite minigame, so it gets some bonus points for that,
Please vote only for one stage and please avoid voting for your own submission.

1. Double Date
Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario
2. Rhythm Heaven cashregister9 cashregister9
3. Night Walk Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku

Last edited:

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
I'd like suggest a change for Ryu and Ken.
In the Street Fighter games, they have super meters that fill up by doing input moves, giving damage, and taking damage.
Since Terry got his super moves, I think Ryu and Ken should get thiers too.
Super Turbo is generally considered the best Street Fighter game, so I choose the super moves from that game, Shinku Hadouken for Ryu and Shin Shoryuken for Ken.
Both are activated with this input:
:GCD::GCR::GCD::GCR::GCB:

SharkLord

Smash Hero
I'd like suggest a change for Ryu and Ken.
In the Street Fighter games, they have super meters that fill up by doing input moves, giving damage, and taking damage.
Since Terry got his super moves, I think Ryu and Ken should get thiers too.
Super Turbo is generally considered the best Street Fighter game, so I choose the super moves from that game, Shinku Hadouken for Ryu and Shin Shoryuken for Ken.
Both are activated with this input:
:GCD::GCR::GCD::GCR::GCB:
This project operates on various "jobs;" Themes for different changes to submit, like changes to fighters or new stages. Usually, we state what job we're doing, so they can all be collected for the voting process. What you've got is a cool idea, but I'm not sure if we're doing a job for major changes like that at the moment. Hold onto that until we get another job where it'd fit; If we just suggested changes all willy-nilly, it'd be horribly disorganized.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I'll vote for Double Date, for no particular reason other than I really liked it as a minigame! It'd be simultaneously hilarious and adorable to duke it out while a date goes on in the background. All the proposals are great though, can't go wrong with any of them!

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
We will continue to vote for the upcoming Rhythm Heaven stage but, with that in mind, I’d like to focus on adding Rhythm Heaven content. Our first order of business is...

Job #63: Submit Additional Content for Barista

With a moveset voted upon, we will begin adding content for Barista. You may find I added a few new content to include. Feel free to take a single category like taunts or Kirby hat but please just one for now to ensure everyone has a chance to add info:

On-Screen Appearance
Barista floats in tied to three balloons which pop one by one, like the intro to night walk. Krookodilian Krookodilian

Idle Animations
Barista puts his paws on his headphones and bops his head to the music. Yiptap Yiptap

Taunts

Victory Animations

Losing Animations

Victory Theme

Boxing Ring Title
1. The Coffee Loving Canine Mamboo07 Mamboo07

Kirby Hat
Kirby gains the Barista's Headphones and tail cashregister9 cashregister9

Classic Mode Route
Classic Mode Route - Rhythm Melodies
Commander_Alph Commander_Alph

Barista's route revolves around different kind of music genre in which a music that closely matches each theming plays in the background with character and stages all based on that. [Note; the song that is used are all from Rhythm Heaven)

Round 1 VS :ultpeach::ultmarth: [Classical]
Castle Siege (Throne Room)

Round 2 VS :ultryu::ultsheik: [Traditional]
Suzaku Castle (FD)

Round 3 VS :ultsephiroth::ultwolf: [Rock]
Midgar

Round 4 VS :ultinkling::ultinklingboy:
[Pop]
Moray Tower

Round 5 VS:ultbanjokazooie::ultvillager: [Country]
Smashville

Round 6 VS :ultbayonetta::ultjoker: [Jazz]
New Donk City Hall

Galleom [Techno]​

Palutena’s Guidance

Snake Codec

Last edited:

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
Classic Mode Route - Rhythm Melodies

Barista's route revolves around different kind of music genre in which a music that closely matches each theming plays in the background with character and stages all based on that. [Note; the song that is used are all from Rhythm Heaven)

Round 1 VS :ultpeach::ultmarth: [Classical]
Castle Siege (Throne Room)

Round 2 VS :ultryu::ultsheik: [Traditional]
Suzaku Castle (FD)

Round 3 VS :ultsephiroth::ultwolf: [Rock]
Midgar

Round 4 VS :ultinkling::ultinklingboy:
[Pop]
Moray Tower

Round 5 VS:ultbanjokazooie::ultvillager: [Country]
Smashville

Round 6 VS :ultbayonetta::ultjoker: [Jazz]