• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Infinite Project (Finally Finished!???)

Which title should we use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Starters vs Unlockables
1. Every character is locked save for mascots
2. Everyone after Ultimate are locked
3. Smash 64 and Melee are the Starting roster

Unlock Methods
1. Unique ways of unlocking characters that are tied to the character specifically
2. Each character has an unique yet general method of being unlocked that isn't necessarily themed to the character
3. More intricate Classic Mode paths that tie to specific characters

Paraster

Smash Lord
Starters vs Unlocked
Everyone but the original “considered” Smash 64 roster is locked
Every character is locked save for the mascot characters from each main series
Starting roster are the newcomers

Methods of Unlocking
All characters are unlocked in the Smash Dungeon mode
Unique ways of unlocking characters that are tied to the character specifically
Cheat Codes

Last edited:

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Unlock Type
  1. Every character is locked save for the mascot characters from each main series
  2. 1/3 or 2/5 of the roster being locked
  3. 1/3 if the roster is starter with characters coming from the various Smash titles
Method
  1. Unique ways of unlocking characters that are tied to the character specifically
  2. Option to have everyone a viable for tournies
  3. All characters are unlocked in the Smash Dungeon mode

Mr. Robotto

Smash Ace
Starters VS Unlockables
1. Starting Roster are the Newcomers by PeridotGX
2. Every character is Locked Safe the Mascot from each Series by Otoad64
3. Starters are every major Nintendo Character as well as 3rd Part by The Fantasy Smasher

Methods of Unlocking
1. More or less the same as Ultimate by The Fantasy Smasher
2. Complete a certain amount of matches / time played by SmasherMaster
3. More intricate Classic Mode paths that tie to specific characters by BowserKing

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Starters vs Unlocked:
1/3 or 2/5 of the roster being locked (mine)
Every character is locked save for the mascot characters from each main series (Otoad64's)
Make some of the newcomers starters or locked (SmasherMaster's)

Methods of Unlocking:
Cheat Codes
More or less the same as Ultimate
Unique ways of unlocking characters that are tied to the character specifically

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord
Starters:
Every character is locked save for the mascot characters from each main series Otoad64 Otoad64
Smash 64 and Melee are starter roster CheeseAnton CheeseAnton
1/3 if the roster is starter with characters coming from the various Smash titles Krookodilian Krookodilian
Methods:
More intricate Classic Mode paths that tie to specific characters BowserKing BowserKing
Unique ways of unlocking characters that are tied to the character specifically Otoad64 Otoad64
More or less the same as Ultimate The Fantasy Smasher The Fantasy Smasher

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
So it’s Job time and I have a double whammy for you!

Job #53: Submit Smash Infinite’s Logo

A few were already made last week but feel free to resubmit them again! We will be designing the official logo for Smash Infinite. This logo should obviously contain the words Super Smash Bros. Infinite.

Job #54: Direct the Ashley Reveal Trailer

Ashley’s reveal trailer will be a total of 5 minutes and 33 seconds in length and will contain her initial reveal and gameplay trailer, the WarioWare related assist trophies, and some of the mechanical improvements we submitted earlier. Her reveal and gameplay trailer will be roughly 3 minutes and 10 seconds. Please detail how this reveal abs gameplay trailer would look like.

airConditioner

Smash Ace
Unlock Type
1. Every character is locked save for the mascot characters from each main series
2. 1/3 (GoodGrief)
3. 1/3 (Krookodilian)

Methods
1. Smash Dungeon
2. Matches/Time Played
3. Cheat Codes

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
1. My idea
2. GoodGrief's idea
3. Everyone starts out unlocked (Wario^3)

1. Thematic Unlocks
2. General, non-thematic Method
3. Option to start with everything unlocked

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Starters vs Unlocked

1. 1/3 or 2/5 (Goodgrief's idea)
2. Smash 64 and Melee are starter roster (CheeseAnton)
3. 1/3 of the roster is start (Krookoldillian)

Methods of Unlocking

1. Same as Ultimate (The Fantasy Smasher)
2. Smash Dungeon (cashregister)
3. Unique ways of unlocking (Otoad)

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord
Job #53:
Infinite Logo.png

Like cashregister9 cashregister9 , I opted for Smashboards Colors™ in an attempt to combine the font styles of Smashboards and Smash Bros.

I'm always open to suggestions if anyone feels like there are any improvements that can be made.

Edit: Silly me forgot to replace O with the Smash logo. Here's my updated submission:
Infinite Logo Smash Ball.png

Last edited:

evanwoo10

Smash Lord
Starters vs Unlocks:
1. Everyone is unlocked at the start
2. Starters are every major Nintendo character as well as 3rd Party
3. Every character is locked save for the mascot characters from each main series

Methods of Unlocking:
1. Everyone is unlocked at the start
2. Option to have everyone a viable for tournies
3. More or less the same as Ultimate

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I do want to mention that the Wikia is free for anyone to edit and add information to. We have a good system going now but we could always use contributions. This is especially true for people whose movesets were voted upon for characters. This also applies to stages, items, and so on.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Some of the support spirits with the same attributes have different ranks. I’m guessing this means what they give is more powerful? For example an advanced class Bomber Equipped gives you a regular Bomber and an ace class Bomber Equipped gives you a souped-up Bomber?

Paraster

Smash Lord
Some of the support spirits with the same attributes have different ranks. I’m guessing this means what they give is more powerful? For example an advanced class Bomber Equipped gives you a regular Bomber and an ace class Bomber Equipped gives you a souped-up Bomber?
Each Spirit skill has a specific class and cost associated with it; I'm assuming people aren't taking this into account. (Another thing I've seen being ignored is that primary Spirits's skills must be taken from a specific list of "traits," with the exception of enhanced spirits, which are able to have support skills.)

Last edited:

Krookodilian

Smash Ace
Each Spirit skill has a specific class and cost associated with it; I'm assuming people aren't taking this into account. (Another thing I've seen being ignored is that primary Spirits's skills must be taken from a specific list of "traits," with the exception of enhanced spirits, which are able to have support skills.)
There are actually exceptions to the support spirits skills having a specific class. Lip's Stick equipped is on all novice spirits, except for Lip who is in ace. The Fog immunity skill is on all advanced spirits except for Tockles, which is an ace. I think its fine if skills are given to different classes, (although it should probably be avoided), but skills should keep the same cost for balancing purposes.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I came up with some Achivement conditions for Mii costumes and songs. Not sure if you’ll want to use these, but may as well post them anyway. Some of these were designed to encourage new players to figure out seemingly-daunting-but-simple actions like grabs, counters and teching.

Sans - create 50 Miis (this condition is to encourage people to treat Miis as characters of their own and not just Sans)
Cuphead - clear all bosses in Classic Mode
Geno - win a battle against a Level 9 CPU with every Mario, Donkey Kong, Yoshi, and Wario universe fighter.
Rabbid - Rescue all Ubisoft Spirits
Callie - KO all your foes in a 4-or-more players free-for-all using the Squid Sisters AT. Training Mode is allowed
Marie - Unlocked alongside Callie
Creeper - End and win 4 stock battles with self destructs
Tails - win against a Level 7 or higher CPU in a timed battle as Little Mac on Poke Floats without being KO’d once
Knuckles - successfully end stocks with counter attacks 5 times
Firefighter - successfully counter a Falcon Punch
Dinosaur - KO all your foes in an 8-player free for all with a single attack, Final Smash, or item.
Ball Guy - see all Poke Ball Pokémon outside of Training Mode.
Primid - play and win an entirely Mr. Game and Watch 8-player battle on any generic Smash stage
Robin - Win 2 games with every Fire Emblem character, one of said games can be against any CPU or a human, the other must be against a Level 9.
Kumatora - Rescue Claus and Hinawa’s Spirits.
Captain Syrup - Clear the “Chisel!” Microgame on WarioWare Inc. (OK, maybe this one’s a little too evil)

Megalovania: max out the Mii count
Floral Fury: play with the Giant option on Special Smash
Monty on the Run: unlock all playable characters
Beach - Plok: Clear All-Star Mode
Title Theme - Buck Bumble: Rescue the Buck Bumble Spirit
Strike the Earth!: See all ATs outside of Training Mode
P-R-O-G-R-A-M (Vagrant Counting Song of Retrospection): Stage morph Dream Land into its Battlefield form or vice versa
Cortex Castle: play as Crash Bandicoot
Hog Wild: Play all scrolling stages.
Pigstep: See all forms of Minecraft World
Dig Dug 2: Rescue all non-Pac-Man Namco arcade Spirits.
Aquarium Park: pull off a combo of 5 hits or more outside of training mode
Dreams of an Absolution: Successfully tech without an automatic roll spirit.
Girls Be Ambitious/Fight for your Style: play with each alternate costume for a character at least once.
Skyscraper Phase Gumshoe: use Spirits in versus mode.
Board Game - amiibo Festival: train an amiibo to Level 50 or win 5000 VS. battles
Game A - Gyromite: grab a shielding foe.
Ai no Uta: Win a team battle against 2 or more level 9 CPUs without any teammates.
Cease to Exist: unlock all Shop-based songs
Battle! Deoxys: Clear classic mode at any intensity with all Pokémon characters
Boss - Learn with Pokémon Typing Adventure: Create a name tag
Body Rock: Clear classic mode with Wii Fit Trainer at max intensity
DK Rap (Original): Attack a foe who has slipped on your banana peel.
Destruction Dance: Clear classic mode with Waluigi at max intensity

Last edited:

Krookodilian

Smash Ace
Starters Vs. Unlockables:
1/3 of the roster is default, across all smash titles
every character is locked save for the mascot characters from each main series
starters are every major nintendo character as well as 3rd parties

Unlock Method:
Cheat Codes
Certain amount of time / matches played
unique way of unlocking characters that are tied to the character specifically

Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom for the unlock methods FantasySmasher is credited with two of the options, however the second one; cheat codes, is actuallly my submission.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Starters Vs. Unlockables:
1/3 of the roster is default, across all smash titles
every character is locked save for the mascot characters from each main series
starters are every major nintendo character as well as 3rd parties

Unlock Method:
Cheat Codes
Certain amount of time / matches played
unique way of unlocking characters that are tied to the character specifically

Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom for the unlock methods FantasySmasher is credited with two of the options, however the second one; cheat codes, is actuallly my submission.
I’ll make sure to change that then. Sorry about that

So we will be closing Spirit Submissions for the unforeseeable future until the Spirits/Wikia team can catch up cataloging them. You can find the spirit list here.

This won’t affect spirit theme events though.

Voting for how we unlock characters will close soon.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Here are the results....

Starters vs Unlocked
Everyone is unlocked at the start @Wario Wario Wario 2
Everyone after Ultimate are locked cashregister9 cashregister9 4
Smash 64 and Melee are starter roster @CheeseAnton 3
Everyone but the original “considered” Smash 64 roster is locked BowserKing BowserKing 2
Every character is locked save for the mascot characters from each main series Otoad64 Otoad64 11
Starting roster are the newcomers @PeridotGX 4
1/3 or 2/5 of the roster being locked GoodGrief741 GoodGrief741 5
Make some of the newcomers starters locked @SmasherMaster 2
1/3 of the roster is starter with characters coming from the various Smash titles Krookodilian Krookodilian 5
Starters are every major Nintendo character as well as 3rd Party @The Fantasy Smasher 3

Methods of Unlocking
Everyone is unlocked at the start Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario 2
All characters are unlocked in the Smash Dungeon mode cashregister9 cashregister9 5
Each character has an unique yet general method of being unlocked that isn’t necessary themed around the character CheeseAnton CheeseAnton 4
More intricate Classic Mode paths that tie to specific characters BowserKing BowserKing 6
Unique ways of unlocking characters that are tied to the character specifically Otoad64 Otoad64 10
Option to have everyone a viable for tournies PeridotGX PeridotGX 2
Complete a certain amount of matches / timed played @SmasherMaster 2
Cheat Codes Krookodilian Krookodilian 6
More or less the same as Ultimate The Fantasy Smasher The Fantasy Smasher 5

That being said, I am also considering adding the Smash Dungeon method as a way to feature that game mode.

Please also submit a logo and/or Ashley reveal trailer write-up. We will keep this open for 6 more hours.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I imagine everyone is pretty excited for the Direct. I am as well. I do want to bring up our Grandfathering Policy. Any content that gets revealed during this Direct will get added into our game by default. In addition, this will include content that we have confirmed in our game. If Crash gets revealed, he was transition into the veteran section but still retain his moveset we gave him. We will then institute an Emergency Upgrade which will see the second place winner, Phoenix Wright, to our E3 newcomer.

Going from there....

Submissions are closed. We never received an Ashley Reveal Trailer so I will be making it but we did get a few logos:

cashregister9 cashregister9

This one is traditional, but if it isn't broke don't fix it. The project started as an Ultimate sequel and the logo might be a good place to reflect that.

It's the same one I submitted before but with Smashboards Colors™
Golden Icarus Golden Icarus

Like cashregister9 cashregister9 , I opted for Smashboards Colors™ in an attempt to combine the font styles of Smashboards and Smash Bros.

I'm always open to suggestions if anyone feels like there are any improvements that can be made.

Edit: Silly me forgot to replace O with the Smash logo. Here's my updated submission:

Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom
EADA0C60-0EA9-4B95-B348-F1C64EFF5767.png

I posted this one earlier and so I’m resubmitting it. I tried to go a different direction with the logos - especially since this game is going in a slightly different direction but also incorporates aspects of previous games. Also, the words and Smash symbol fits together in a strange way yet works well which reflects how we all work together and somehow “fit” in the mishmash of ideas and concepts. I also just like this aesthetic a lot. I kind of wish I added in the period after Bros since that would fit well with the I in infinite. If it wins, I will do that.
Please vote for one, don’t vote for yourself, and vote using the username. Also, for something we don’t usually do, please explain why you voted for this logo and what you thought if it.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
So yes, please continue to vote...that being said...we will be progressing further in our planned content. Ashley’s reveal came and went with many fans happy for her inclusion. Our Ashley reveal trailer (pending) got a large amount of views and likes thankfully. We are nearing September and drawing close to another reveal. This one is a bit different though...

Job #55: Submit an Echo Fighter

Yes, we will be showcasing our second Echo Fighter! This will be shadowdropped on the Nintendo and Smash Twitter accounts on September 16th. We voted on Echo Fighters last month so we will be doing this again. That being said, there is a twist...

This Echo Fighter must be 100% based on their base fighter and must be a first person character. Meaning, we are adding our equivalent to D. Samus/Daisy/Richter.

There can’t be anything different in terms of moves, gameplay, and stats. This Echo Fighter will also adopt the base fighter’s Final Smash. Taunts and other content can be different as per usual.

Please note, the following are ineligible for Echo fighters as they are new Alt costumes:
Dry Bowser
Twilight Princess Ganondorf
Boshi
Shadow Mewtwo

Clay Kirby
Mr. L

Also note that when making a submission that this may affect future candidates. For example, say we decide to add an Echo fighter for a character in a smaller franchise. That could negatively affect the chances of an actual non-Echo fighter in getting in. To highlight this, does it seem realistic or is it justified for a series like EarthBound, F-Zero, or Pikmin to get an Echo Fighter plus a newcomer character? Getting one or the other seems more realistic actually so please take this into consideration.

You May resubmit an earlier submission.

As for D. Samus, Daisy, and Richter....

Job #56: Please add a single new move for Dark Samus and Daisy; create an unique Final Smash for all three.(DSamus, Daisy, and Richter)

Please make a new single non-Special move for Dark Samus. This can be a Smash, aerial, tilt, etc. Dark Samus will be adopting Samus’ new updated moveset.

Please make a new move, Special or non-Special move for Daisy.

Please make an unique Final Smash for all three

Richter isn’t getting a new move based on Sakurai’s past comments during his reveal trailer.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Dark Samus New Final Smash: Aurora Unit 313
Dark Samus will vanish from the stage which then causes the first form of Aurora Unit 313 to emerge from below. It will first fire off four sets of lasers from its eyes that will hit in four seperate locations (far left, center-left, center-right, far-right). These lasers will sweep bank and forth along the ground. Hitboxes are where the lasers make contact and travel the length of the laser beam to the eye. After doing this for several moments, it then unleashes a powerful destructive wave from its core which launches anyone nearby. The unit then descends down and Dark Samus shifts back into view.

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I vote for Venus' logo. It's the most radically different and I think it would lend itself to creative use (on the box, in marketing, etc.) Plus I love how the H and the Smash logo match up!

I'll be back later to work on the other jobs, it'll be hard to choose a character to sacrifice to Daisihood.

Otoad64

Smash Lord
Job 35: Ninten (Mother Series)

Ninten is the protagonist of the first Mother game, and is the only Mother protagonist currently excluded. While many want characters from the Mother series like Porky or Masked Man I think he would be fine for a smaller series like Mother. Ninten would be an echo of Ness as you would expect, however due to being so similiar he will be getting a redesign in order to make him stand out from his non-echo counterpart:

Job 36:

Dark Samus move:
Dark Samus will have a down smash that functions much like their old assist trophy, Phazon Tenticles rise out of the ground surrounding her

Daisy Move:
Golf Putt
Daisy has a new Down Special where she swings a golf club, hitting a golf ball and sending it flying towards the opponents, quite close to the ground, however if it hits the ground, it will continue rolling, if it hits someone while rolling it will make them trip

Dark Samus Final Smash:

Metroid Prime

Dark Samus transforms into Metroid Prime, and charges forward, grabbing opponents with their claws and running off the stage

Daisy Final Smash:

Special Shot

Daisy changes into her Mario Strikers outfit and She does her special shot from that game, worth noting this isn't a cutscene Final Smash,and when the ball hits the ground it also causes a large explosion

and I barely know anything about Castlevania and even less about Richter so I'm just not going to submit one for him if that's ok

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Daisy's New Final Smash: Crystal Smash

Daisy gains a sudden surge of energy that explodes around her. Any opponents hit by it will be sent to a cinematic Final Smash. Here, Daisy has donned her Mario Strikers outfit, and proceeds to perform her Mega Strike, Crystal Smash. Her skin turns teal-black, her eyes glow teal-white, and she gains crystals in her clenched fists. A ball appears before her, and she strikes it straight into the opponent, launching them out of bounds. All the while, sparkling crystals appear around them.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Richter's Final Smash - Hydro Storm
Richter raises his hand up and shouts out "HYDRO STORM!", creating a magical downpour around him, dealing moderate damage to opponents and dragging them towards the center. After a short amount of time, a giant whirlpool with appear in the middle, dealing massive damage before launching them.
Hydro Storm is the Item Crash of the Holy Water subweapon, made infamous by how it shreds through every boss and enemy in the game. The whirlpool is an original touch, but somewhat resembles Julius Belmont's Grand Cross in Aria of Sorrow.

Dark Samus' Final Smash - Leviathan
Dark Samus calls down a Leviathan, which falls to the stage and creates a massive explosion of Phazon. Aside from dealing heavy damage, it also leaves damaging Phazon pools on the ground, which act like the Poison Floor effect when stood on.
Leviathans are organic meteors sent out by the planet Phaaze to spread Phazon across the galaxy. When Dark Samus took control of the planet, she sent out Leviathans at a rapid pace, greatly speeding up the infection process (At the cost of being tracked down from their paths).

cashregister9

Smash Hero
LOGO VOTE: Golden Icarus, It keeps it relatively simple and faithful while adding a unique Smashboards Flair

JOB 56

DAISY NEW MOVE: Daisy Bomber will be replaced with Daisy Spike. Daisy Spike works similarly to Wii-Fit's Side special only it's faster and has a meteor hitbox

DARK SAMUS NEW MOVE: Their Down Smash is replaced, Their new down smash, They slam their right arm into the ground and 2 tentacles appear on both sides of them.

Last edited:

CheeseAnton

Smash Ace
Job #55: The Black Knight (Ike Echo)
1613514526831.png

The Black Knight is arguably one of the most popular and coolest Fire Emblem characters to date, with Ike being considered the greatest lord by many, and how Path of Radiance helped shape modern 3d Fire Emblem, I am shocked how Ike is the singular rep of PoR. Black Knight has the potential to be an exact clone of Ike, and has always been my personal most wanted Fire Emblem character.

Some questions out of the way:
Q. Won't his armor be too heavy to move around as fast as Ike?
A. No, in fact looking at the base stats, Black Knight is actually faster than Ike.

That's all the questions. So in recap​
  • He's popular and well liked​
  • Easy echo material (we even have a model to go with, based off his Assist in Ultimate)​
  • Finally gives FE a villain character​
  • We get the Fire Emblem character out of the way​

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
LOGO VOTE: Golden Icarus, It keeps it relatively simple and faithful while adding a unique Smashboards Flair

JOB 55

ZACK FAIR

Zack Fair would be an Echo for Cloud, He is the best friend of Cloud and the main character of Crisis Core. Zack is a popular character among fans and a central character in the story of FF7, He wields the Buster sword and utilizes some moves that cloud and even sephiroth have used.

JOB 56

DAISY NEW MOVE: Daisy Bomber will be replaced with Daisy Spike. Daisy Spike works similarly to Wii-Fit's Side special only it's faster and has a meteor hitbox

DARK SAMUS NEW MOVE: Their Down Smash is replaced, Their new down smash, They slam their right arm into the ground and 2 tentacles appear on both sides of them.
Sorry but we are only doing 1st party echoes right now. I’m saving third party echoes for special events and such.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom