• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UK South and South West Thread (Brawl and Melee)

Dacacia

Smash Journeyman
Well it was me playing Jiggz, and I'm actually a Marth player, so no suprise that I'm not doing anything special with her... I'd prefer more help with my Marth :ohwell: I know I need to get the chain throws better, I miss them waaaay too much atm, and my edge guard needs work (as demonstrated in the second marth vid lol). Any other general advice would be great...

Retroking2000

Smash Master
i disagree ^ watching pros with only confuse his play i think he needs to keep on playing and learn on his own pace ;D.

slow melee with help you 100% on every tech with fox.

take my advice

learn how to cancel all foxes airs better its usually the when the sound animation goes off. ( its cancelable?)

anyways just keep playing dont look at pros also

learn to claw like me

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
i dont use claw, you still get finished! but i do use it randomly soemtimes without realising >_> i do lots of random positions when holding the controller and doing different tricks

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
i disagree ^ watching pros with only confuse his play i think he needs to keep on playing and learn on his own pace ;D.

slow melee with help you 100% on every tech with fox.

take my advice

learn how to cancel all foxes airs better its usually the when the sound animation goes off. ( its cancelable?)

anyways just keep playing dont look at pros also

learn to claw like me
Well everything I said was what I did and I am the the best fox in the UK lol.
I dont think the slow down things helps alot tbh....well it might help others but it didn't help me. I just force myself to adjust to the speed of the game. So I dunno whats your 100% help thing with fox lool, you don't play fox anyway so what do you know....
You don't have to learn to claw to be good because I can **** you and I don't use C-stick for any aerials at all or smashes and just hold the control normally AND still somehow I am the fastest fox and looking at pros helped me to have an idea of what to do in situations.

Inertia123

Smash Journeyman
Wow you don't c-stick any aerials? Not even shine bairs?

I have to agree with Pro slow mode isn't that useful really. It screws your timing over for normal speed. Thats just me though it may work for others. And yeah your bang on, I suck at canceling the drill lol, suck bbbaaaddd ;)

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Wow you don't c-stick any aerials? Not even shine bairs?
loool Nah I dont use it for anything but because my fingers are really fast what I do is shine then jump out of the shine then do a quarter circle to a back air.
Not using the C-stick screwed up my spacing at the begginning like I couldn't jump backwards and do a forward air but I trained my fingers to be fast enough to do a Fair and jump backwards while getting the same distance sa you would with a C-stick.....which is why I have the fastest fingers in the UK lol:bee:

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
I don't have any problems with the C stick. Practice is the most important thing, ad for the style I think players should just use whatevers suits them like some use X some use Y for example

Inert- you back tommorow mate? Smash?

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
how the **** did you do lightning melee shine bairs with a c-stick? LOL

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
looool OH YEAH I remember when I did Shine Bair in lightning mode loool. But I still didn't use the C-stick....I never use the C-stick loool. Thats just how my fingers are lol.

Jolteon

it's not that so much I'm bothered about it's just that you did it on the first try rooofl.

I never used to use c-stick, just forced myself to use it when I was annoyed at trying to space fairs/bairs. also I recently forced myself to switch from X to Y when I picked up Falco again lol.

Jolteon

lool

I can space approaching bairs just as well without a c-stick, but not retreating fairs for some reason.

VA

Smash Hero
I use c-stick, unless you are ridiculously fast I don't think it's an option to play a good Fox without it. It's pretty much the optimum way, you can move one direction while kicking the other with bair, it's how I do shine > bair ledgegaurds and land back on the stage. Also, learning fox in slow mode is a ******** idea. Use starmen practice and listen to your music for half an hour a day and you'll have some **** tech in no time at all.

Inertia123

Smash Journeyman
Use starmen practice and listen to your music for half an hour a day and you'll have some **** tech in no time at all.
Yeah what I do too. Just get some music you like and the time passes pretty fast.

I have to c-stick ledgehopped stuff. Dairs or i fast fall em and **** them up :ohwell: and retreating and advancing whilst hitting the other direction.

Also shine bair in lightning mode without c-stick first try? HAX

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
lool

I can space approaching bairs just as well without a c-stick, but not retreating fairs for some reason.
I had to train myself to do retreating Fairs iswell so now I can do it normally without even thinking about it. Its hard at the beggining but then it just becomes naturual and I am comfrtoable with it.

I use c-stick, unless you are ridiculously fast I don't think it's an option to play a good Fox without it.
I don't use C-stick and I have a good fox :(...........oh yeah....I am ridiculously fast LOL.:laugh::bee::laugh::bee:

It's pretty much the optimum way, you can move one direction while kicking the other with bair, it's how I do shine > bair ledgegaurds and land back on the stage
I can still land back on the stage perfectly without the C-stick and doing a Bair, in the end of the day it is easier to use the C-stick but if you aren't comfortable with it like me you can train yourself to play without using it and still have the same effect and ****...like me.....which is similar to me and how I use it and me.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
lool no ones hands where as fast as mine when i mained fox back in the day no one ! ;D.

but yeah prof does have the best fox in Uk tho
Your fox back Then couldn't touch my fox now lol. You keep on talking about your imaginary fox in the past which no1 has seen and no1 has played. It was never closed to mine cos that would have meant you had the best fox in the UK and V3X? ***** you and was more technical then you sooo shhhhhhhh.

Best fox in the UK:confused: I would prob say Europe.....jkin lol But yeah I am the best fox in the UNITED KINGDOM!

AmcD

Smash Ace
LOL you're statements get worse haha except for "but yeah prof does have the best fox in Uk tho" this is the only statement in awhile which you have said is true.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
LOL you're statements get worse haha except for "but yeah prof does have the best fox in Uk tho" this is the only statement in awhile which you have said is true.
I agree 100%
Not only do I agree but it is a fact that this will remain for approximately 2/3 more years of my smash career until I feel kind and let someonelse have the position but it will have to be one of my students.

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
alright enough tech skill discussion in our thread :laugh:

Pickled noob- If you want I can lend you my GC? It would mean you have a setup to practice

Dacacia

Smash Journeyman
More technical discussion! I use the c-stick a lot without even realising it - when I randomly go into training mode (for whatever reason) I just mess around and miss half the things I'm trying to do coz of lack of c-stick...

On another note, anyone wanna smash round my house this evening? I think Calum's coming over anyway...

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Well you don't have to go on training mode. If you have two controlerss you can just plug in one controller on Vs mode if you don't want a computer distracting you and you will have the C-stick.

VA

Smash Hero
it's hard to falling uair as well. there's no point if you're an upcoming fox in learning the hard way, plus you don't do the ledge guards I do you tend to stand on the ledge and charge usmash haha

AmcD

Smash Ace
Thats what AmcD did >.> Charge upsmash, bair/uair...
haha I remember when I did it with Falco and you said don't do that then I did u-smash to d-smash for an edge guard :laugh: obv I was just messing around but it was too gd

Mattsy

Smash Apprentice
Hey, guys, just saw the tournament thread up ^^ I'd also be interested in some meets before then too if anything's happening, keep me posted.

Top Bottom