• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UK South and South West Thread (Brawl and Melee)

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
**** off Zeppo.

Isai quit, if Isai carried on playing he would still be the best, obviously.

Also, Amsah ***** so hard, it was beautiful.
Isai said in the Pound 4 thread earlier that he's starting to play Melee again and Scar is training him. GET HYPE.

Dacacia

Smash Journeyman
I also heard rumours about Ken re-emerging, being terrible now but training up again. Anyone know if there's any truth to that, or if it's just some idiot getting people's hopes up?

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
Well in a thread a few months back of a tourney someone was talking about playing meeting and playing Ken and saying he was mad rusty. Some other players confirmed this as well. Can't remember the thread though found it through the Pound 4 thread.

Pickled_No0b

Smash Journeyman
who knows maybe he'll turn up at the london monthly to make his grand come back to the competetive scene

VA

Smash Hero
my zelda ***** ken. lol, zelda, what a fail character.

I wish nintendo would hurry up and remake melee. You know that originially they were going to make melee 2.0 with more characters and more stages with online play instead of brawl.

it's really upsetting that we got brawl instead. Imagine how the community could still be united with an even better game to play, not divided by a bad version of what we already have...

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
The play dumb ***** brawl at my college in the common room.

I have a strange urge to go and play just because it's smash (in a way, just the structure, of how you win and some of the attacks) but I didn't even walk up to the Wii.

I watched some noobs thinking they were amazing with items on and some computer and then I walked away.

If melee was there..........

VA

Smash Hero
lol, I think the grammar error was intentional. It represents the simplicity of our emotions towards brawl, and the error Sakurai made in choosing to make Brawl.

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
Thanks Robby, now he's going to use that as an excuse even though it's not true. :(

Jolteon

Oh ok, but your previous statement says otherwise considering I called you using Robby's excuse. :confused:

VA

Smash Hero
Trollz are trollz. Stop now.

Melee 2.0 would **** so much...they could balance the characters based off PAL melee. Give marth back his spike, make falco's recovery even worse. Remove jiggz uthrow and rest from the game. Would be so broken. lol. I don't believe any of those changes would balance the game obv....

Jolteon

Your context use is poor (use of the word "well"); I wonder why this may be. :confused: I may have pointed it out on MSN though. :)

Jolteon

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
I'm done; just going to leave this undeniable proof here using my patented quote technique.
It's easy to quote something to make it seem in your favour though.
I will do the same.

VA said...

lol, I think the grammar error was intentional. It represents the simplicity of our emotions towards brawl, and the error Sakurai made in choosing to make Brawl.
Then your post appeared in front of mine after I finished typing...

Yeah why didn't you realise what I meant TC.

VA seemed to realize :ohwell:
In reponse to your...

it cant be very poetic if you say "would of" instead of "would have".

Nice try though ^___^
Then you said

Looks like I called it.
And I said....

Well it doesn't take much to call truth in a situation :confused:
Referring to VA's comment :)

And to clarify it was VA's comment I was referring to, you said....

So you admit this is true??
Referring to your comment about me being true

But then I reinforced I was referring to VA's comment by saying....

I admit this is true ^^^^^
So yeah....I am still right and still telling the truth and was not using VA's comment as an excuse which was not already the truth to the situation I was in :).

J03

Smash Master
the worst thing about melee 2.0 is it would balance the game more and make the lower tiers more useable.

imo the most broken things in the game are fox/falcos shine, peachs Up+B (and the ability to reopen the umbrealla. the d-smash is worse but she needs it), sheiks f-tilt, marths range/disjointed...ness, jiggs bair priority and IC's grabs.

The worst things in the game are falcons recovery, falcos up+b not having flames and by far the worst thing is ganons fair getting nerfed!

EDIT: just gonna assume tc's and pros convo above this post is a waste of space

Tamoo

Smash Master
the worst thing about melee 2.0 is it would balance the game more and make the lower tiers more useable.

imo the most broken things in the game are... ...ness
lol?

And I agree with you there, I don't want too much balance in a game personally, there's nothing quite like a low tier main kicking ***, melee's got the perfect balance as it is, a good roster of very useable characters

Also, lmao at TC's sig!

VA

Smash Hero
Nah, I think melee isn't quite as balanced as you think. What other fighters do you play?

But yeah it does have an ok balance I suppose. It's pretty similar to most other fighters in number of useable tournament characters and the odd few people that get retardedly good with low tiers.

Pickled_No0b

Smash Journeyman
all they need to do to rebalance melee is give shiek her NTSC d-throw back, then im happy. (i still havent got over amsah ****** armada)

Dacacia

Smash Journeyman
lol Taking out that d-throw was perhaps the best change they made with PAL (maybe fox's upsmash?) =@.@= It's not like Sheik doesn't still have options after it, they just require more skill than a free fair does...

A melee 2.0 would be pretty sweet, if they paid attention to the competetive community instead of trying to shun us it could be such a good game *sigh* PAL melee will do atm though.

Hah, TC's sig is too good :p

Tamoo

Smash Master
Nah, I think melee isn't quite as balanced as you think. What other fighters do you play?

But yeah it does have an ok balance I suppose. It's pretty similar to most other fighters in number of useable tournament characters and the odd few people that get retardedly good with low tiers.
Was that aimed at me? If so, I wasn't saying it's that balanced, I was saying it's the perfect balance, well for me anyway, too many very viable characters would just confuse me >.<

The only other fighter I've ever really gotten into was SC2, but my experience only goes as far as ****** fuzzy :p
And SC2 is v.balanced, tho xianghua and ivy are a bit rediculous :s

Top Bottom