• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UK South and South West Thread (Brawl and Melee)

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
heres the bit where if I say that I don't particularly want beast to, people will call me a prick but I'd rather beast not come. This isn't cos I don't like beast or anything like that, it's because like I said earlier this was supposed to be a smallish smashfest and was supposed to be out of control only really. I've already let VA come but I think it would be better if we leave it at that

VA

Smash Hero
does it really make that much difference to have him there? it influences my decision as I'll have to travel alone.

I guess if he can't come and it was supposed to be small anyway maybe it would be best if I didn't come. We'd only be coming for the daytime of saturday if that helps....

VA

Smash Hero
yay! we'll be coming around 12.

duncan can you pm me your number please?!! I lost my old phone :(

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
There's a CHANCE that Alpha Dash might not be going to Southampton.
Sooooo who wants to go to Southampton and back to London for free :) lol.

The coach is leaving today at 10:00pm Victoria and we return on sunday 8am in the morning.

I will need answer soon and remember your placement isn't guranteed - and plus Ben's confirmation lol

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
haha this is pretty last minute so I'm gonna have to ask prof for a favor. If anyone says they want to come could you phone me and I'll be able to confirm (I highly doubt I'll be saying no though)

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
It's FREEE lol.
Give me your number or something so I can contact you about it and it will be yours.

Sorry for the late reply btw.
Coach is leaving London Victoria 10:30 pm today but we're getting there 9:30 and we come back on sunday 8am

Tamoo

Smash Master
yeah my bad totally, it is 774, you should have my number already lol

Ben, I'm assuming ur alrite with me coming yeah? I've tried to call you a number of times but ur number is unavailable or sumthing :/

Aiko

Smash Champion
but it does decide something. it decides who wins!

RPS is the king of mindgame games

see my sig for advanced tactics

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
but it does decide something. it decides who wins!

RPS is the king of mindgame games

see my sig for advanced tactics
rock paper scissors can only be played like that if any player tries to predict what another player is going to do. If anyone plays it and picks one without any influences then the game goes back to chance

Aiko

Smash Champion
i agree, once you have someone who "stops thinkin" and plays randomly, you lose an element of predicitability. however, humans are not very good randomisers, and therefore if you can have a good idea of human psychology, you can **** the randomness.

its kind of like playing vs a button masher, they will throw out attacks youre not used to, but their strategy is suboptimal and if you know what youre doing, you can beat it. Dont forget, if youre playing RPS randomly, you only have a 33% chance of winning.

VA

Smash Hero
Yeah I really enjoyed the small amount of time I was there.

The general level of smash in the UK has gone up. But really we need to step it up that little bit more. Who's going to break the top spots soon?

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
I agree, despite my average cockiness about me saying I **** etc I am actually slightly proud of the UK in terms of stepping up lol. Alot of people have broken out of the level which they were early catergorized in and are starting to get better.

But overall we still need to just step that much more further, everyone does cos I certainely know I do and from the level people are at now and the improvement rate I definitely know now that it's possible.

Tamoo

Smash Master
Yeah this was very good indeed, particularly enjoyed my match gainst duncan on hyrule ;)

will do shoutouts tonight but yeah, everyone's def improved a good amount which is good to see :)

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
yeah it was def good. And I agree with Mr Pro and VA and you can trust me when I say that I'm still trying to improve all the time so hopefully I can step it up more in the future. The matches of Gantz and prof constantly playing falcon fox are gonna be pretty funny :laugh:. Was also good seeing you tamoo and I had some quite good games with you.

Dacacia

Smash Journeyman
I assume they'll be uploaded to the SmashSouthampton youtube channel. Not really sure when yet though, but should hopefully have them up by the end of the week. I seem to remember youtube having issues with some of the videos we've recorded in the past, so who knows.

Top Bottom