• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UIUC Thread

TheStig

Smash Lord
i can take a look into that but i'm pretty sure we can use those rooms.

whats wrong with making a thread about the tournament? didn't you guys create one for smym9 before you guys knew a permanent date/venue?

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
No need to get defensive. No, the SMYM thread was only made when the date and location were set. I'd get that taken care of fast. Tomorrow or the next day if possible.
I don't know if the lobby is even available, but if it is it looked like it would be a better bet than any of the rooms if it is. You might want to ask.

TheStig

Smash Lord
andy, where is the lobby? at the siebel, we only saw conference room but they are probably not big enough.

i'll try to meet up with the other guys so we can check out the lobby, and get it reserved by the end of the week.

Ray Chun

Smash Apprentice
man, i feel so lost posting in the social rooms. is it just me, or are ppl posting less and less bc of this? AOB, change everything back.

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
The lobby is, uhm, exactly where you would expect. When you walk into the main level, you're in the lobby. There's a little snack shop in it.

I have no idea if you actually can reserve the lobby, so don't count on it. It'll just be nice if you can.

Dew Rag

Smash Ace
didn't you guys create one for smym9 before you guys knew a permanent date/venue?
I remember making sure I knew the room and place the only thing we didn't know was the time cuz we were trying to get it earlier. We got the room and date like 5 months beforehand.... and i made the thread the day we found out if we had the place

so no

Ray Chun

Smash Apprentice
yeah, i kinda just noticed that. matt played 3 captains that were all afraid of using captain on him. crazy.

SuperMatt

Smash Champion
my bracket was easy but there weren't that many good players to dodge anyways...but yeah you prolly would have won if you had my bracket alex (assuming you can beat tommy)

bigY was the only one who stayed true to the falcon against me, maybe he didn't know who I am though

tom's falcon is garbs

i wish my 4 stock comeback on you was recorded, ray ahahah

Dekuschrub

Smash Master
yeah your bracket was full of people that I had beaten taht tourney

2-0 khepri
2-0 bigY

I am quite afraid of cosmo though tommy so i wanted matt's more haha

oh welllll i shouldve just beaten eddie no johnz

Ray Chun

Smash Apprentice
my bracket was easy but there weren't that many good players to dodge anyways...but yeah you prolly would have won if you had my bracket alex (assuming you can beat tommy)

bigY was the only one who stayed true to the falcon against me, maybe he didn't know who I am though

tom's falcon is garbs

i wish my 4 stock comeback on you was recorded, ray ahahah

man, that comeback was just a slow trainwreck. i couldn't believe it. i was discouraged after that.

alex's bracket was pretty hard. i thought khepri was going to beat him.

tom needs an 2ndary answer to foxy. he looked so angry playing kels.

slomo431

Smash Ace
4 stock comeback? How is that possible? Was it a 5 stock match?

And what is this I hear from ray about you guys talking about how terrible my fox is. Even though it's true Ray shouldn't be talking so much trash after I ***** him in his bedroom in front of his family and their tangerines. How did my name even come up anyway?

Dekuschrub

Smash Master
khepri is very good. I was worried game 1

luckily he gave away game 2.. i was playing better anyway so i think i wouldve won but who knows.

matt killed ray 4 times without dying thats how he did a 4 stock come back

Ray Chun

Smash Apprentice
whoa whoa whoa, let's clarify a little here.

i had four stocks and matt had one.....and he still ended up beating me. man, typing that didn't make me feel any better.

slomo431

Smash Ace
Ok so it wasn't a comeback from down 4 stocks it was a comeback that is basically the equivalent of a 4 stock. Gotcha

SuperMatt

Smash Champion
yeah and i was gonna 4 stock tom in tourney but he reset it.....and then he beat me 3 times in a row with mario

its ok now i have my mario counterpick confirmed....ganondorf

henrik are you coming here this weekend?

brickman

Smash Lord
awful side note:

some frat is having a BRAWL tournament this Thursday in the basement of the union (6:30 PM).
can't say I didn't tell you. CASH PRIZES.........zuh

EC_Joey

Smash Lord
Did you meet JBlaze/Marcus? He's a buddy of mine who used to live here.
Yeah I actually did meet him. This is the first tournament he's showed up to in a long time. He and KoreanDJ took second in doubles:

Melee Doubles
1: Here's comes a brand new flavor in your ear (pc + cort) ($136.40)
2: Rush Hour 4 (KDJ + Marcus) ($74.40)
3: Ethiopian Iguanas (DJ Nintendo + Cactuar) ($24.80)
4: Have you met Scar? (Scar + Wife ****NN) ($0.00)
5: Inui + Atomsk (Darc + Dazwa)
5: Fudgepacker Joe (RaynEx + Euphoria)

Henrik & Tom: I'm uploading videos of myself at http://www.youtube.com/user/jzhuang3
Some Fox dittos, and I played Falcon against Link. My Falcon is garbage, and my Fox isn't much better.

slomo431

Smash Ace
I'll watch your vids when I get home from work and tell you what I think. Youtube is blocked here...

Alex who did Eddie use to beat you? And who is this Greenman.

Top Bottom