• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UIUC Thread

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
I saw fewer than 10 people on the list.

Of course, you only have to preregister to guarantee yourself a spot.

Razor

Smash Journeyman
hey AOB, when you removed the L and R springs from your gc controller, did you do anything special? i found a couple ppl with a screwdriver.

this is jake btw

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
You have to make sure the buttons go into the sliding things on the circuit board. You'll see what I mean.

ftl

Smash Journeyman
Well, on their facebook page they've got 11 people saying they'll attend. So maybe an 11-person tournament :)

slomo431

Smash Ace
You could probably cram 10 in there if a bunch of people are willing to sleep on the floor. You'd just need to sacrifice some floor space in each of your rooms in addition to the living room. I don't know if a lot of people would be willing to pay for hotel rooms.

By the way, I posted in the thread that I'd need housing. I probably don't anymore.

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
For #6 I ended up with about 50 people at my house. It wasn't fun. But I told people to get hotel rooms for #7, and a lot of them did.

There is a misguided expectation of free housing, but if people want to come, they'll get a hotel room. Once you split it between a few people, it's not all that expensive.

brickman

Smash Lord
I hear you game and watch. The rest of these guys can't hear a word we say, so don't bother asking questions. We should really start exploiting this invisibility.

I was lucky enough to randomly stumble on the tournament myself, through facebook.
Here's the link.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/event.php?eid=44942031619&ref=mf
As you notice, this is not a Smashing Illini tournament. Been very busy with job, will continue to be for the next 8 days, so I will be lacking in getting the word out. If matt so chooses, he could send out an email to everyone, although I would rather not.

We'll discuss future tournaments for SI in 11 days.

Thanks.

TheStig

Smash Lord

Nekomancer

Smash Journeyman
Hrm, did you guys get those emails about the halo/ssbb/ssbm tourney on the 7th? Is that the HKN tourney that we're supposed to get reservations for? O_o;

TheStig

Smash Lord
i just read that e-mail. no these are 2 different tournaments. HKN is on friday and that 1 is on saturday. thats going to be a smash filled weekend for me.

Dew Rag

Smash Ace
for SMYM I'm pretty sure there should be a no alcohol+drugs thing and if you are to smoke, smoke outside in a specific area?

AOB i need your wisdom

also could someone PM me the e-mail pw for the preregister e-mail so i know who's bringing set ups and whatnot and how many people and i can update the list

btw, do we need to get tables? or will they provide it for us?

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
You need my wisdom regarding drugs and alcohol? That's a no-brainer. None of that stuff, and smoking stays outside.

If you're talking about McKinley, I had considered the upstairs room for SMYM 2, and I believe they had a bunch of tables and chairs up there--but you may want to check.

brickman

Smash Lord
no its the halo kids side thing again.

Go win it someone and bring back the prizes.

Lets bankrupt all of the groups on campus :)

I'll still be meleeing, hopefully, all day.

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
I don't think it's a "side thing," I think they're hosting a Melee, Brawl, and GoW tournament. And when I say "I think," what I really mean is "I know."

And when I say "I don't think it's a," what I really mean is "I know it's not a."

But I'm not sure if I'll be there. 2 tourneys in 2 days?

Top Bottom