• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UIUC Thread

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
Checking facebook...

Eddie is 29?!? Wow.
KishPrime is 27.
Marcus also 27. I think out of all you guys only Tom and Matt have met him--he's in Boston now and I don't think he plays all that much smash anymore.

But it's more about how old you are on the inside. And how grumpy you are.

brickman

Smash Lord
well than you are 85.

hahha.

I played against Eddie about 3 years ago just when I was starting when he lived in Orland Park.

It was certainly an experience. lol

slomo431

Smash Ace
I played Eddie at MLG Chicago I think it was long ago. To this day I still haven't learned how to fight Ganons.

SuperMatt

Smash Champion
henrik, you can pick up your melee next time you come down...as far as ganon goes...you just have to be very careful and run away a lot I guess...hit and run.........and shine

should we look into getting a different place for SMYM? such as getting 2/3 classrooms next to each other? or are there large rooms available elsewhere? what if we just get the allen hall lounge? isn't that big enough? oh right then there are gambling issues...

brickman

Smash Lord
Can't do this in a school place, it would have to be somewhere else. Ask the hallel house to see if they have a place we could use.

the jews on campus, they got a new big fancy building, it is bound to have an activity room.

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
Eric, I thought you had asked them and they'd shunned you. One of their own kind, no less--what chance do we have?

brickman

Smash Lord
Jews have to reject peoples requests three times, if you approach them at least twice more, than the onus is on them to accept you and provide you with brotherhood.

slomo431

Smash Ace
Matt that might be too long, I wanna start playing more often right after actuarial exams are over. All those missed lcancels, techs, and other mistakes are starting to get extremely frustrating.

Stupid kids stealing my disks...

TheWalkingThano

Smash Journeyman
I've posted this before, but anybody can rent rooms in Seibel. They really don't care about money being handed out and I'm not sure you even need to be a club. I've been to a cash prize tourney for other fighting games there. The rooms are also pretty decently sized on the second or third floor (I can't remember which floor it was for that tournament).

Well, at least you don't need to tell them you'll be handing out money.

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
Jon, you're a Jew. Can you talk to them?

I'm afraid I might do something anti-Semitic as soon as I walk in there.

slomo431

Smash Ace
Plus there's a parking garage less than a block north of Siebel and a bunch of metered spots that are both free on weekends, so that's convenient.

I would think Siebel would be more flexible. I've seen money tournaments held there too and back when I was one of them fancy engineering folk I used to pull all nighters in random rooms there whenever I procrastinated too hard on a project. They don't seem to care too much about things.

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
I don't think it's too late to change the date if necessary. I would value a better location more than keeping the date.

flipkid

Smash Apprentice
some of you fawkers need to come to peoria to smash sometime w/ me dan rashad n his roomate....

4 person weeklies start to get stale after a few weeks

as for smym... siebel is a good choice..

random classrooms is risky because there is the off chance of getting kicked out..

you could partner with a frat with a house... obv not like od but maybe triangles etc..

there's that space above the coffee shop "etc" that i hear they rent out...

i also know someone that rented out the high school or grade school's gym/fieldhouse once for a tourney...not smash but still... money went into a pot and out to winners...

slomo431

Smash Ace
Joey I've seen videos of a Variola on youtube. If that's you might be better than me now.

EC_Joey

Smash Lord
Joey I've seen videos of a Variola on youtube. If that's you might be better than me now.
As far as I know I'm the only Variola that plays Smash. The videos on Youtube of me that I know of are awful, I don't think there's a single one that shows me winning. None of them show me at the top of my game right now.

But there's one video I find very funny. I've only recently picked up Jigglypuff, and here's a doubles video of me as Jiggs. The fun starts at 3:22:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qDzQ11y_-c

slomo431

Smash Ace
Well there's that 3 stock, that was pretty bad, but other than that it was good. I dunno, I saw you doing things you didn't seem to do last year like lcancel and such, it just seemed like you've improved.

The end of that doubles match was awesome. Almost as awesome as the end of this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akGM4WUaCM4

Nekomancer

Smash Journeyman
Dude, lets room. I have a triple in Allen. It's a better location, The room is on the first floor, plus you'll get rid of me in one semester, so you'll have a 2-person triple.

I'm sick of having no one in Allen to smash with. Robin's always busy.

chun1

Smash Apprentice
henrik's a beast at shine spiking marths. he's a beast against marths period.....except on final d.

and wtf. i think this is the first time someone's asked a fellow smasher to room together over smashboards. lol. i hope that's a joke. if it isn't...well it's still funny.

Dekuschrub

Smash Master
i would but i'm going home this weekend and i have class literally all day today.

do you guys wanna smash tomorrow b4 i leave around 5?

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
Sure, Matt. What time? I have class at 3.

Wait, I've been confusing Hallel and Seibel. Are we going to be able to get a room in a campus building (Seibel) through midnight?

SuperMatt

Smash Champion
hmm well i didnt schedule in a time when i was going to go yet and I cant do it today or tomorrow...but i can do it sat/sun (is it open then?) otherwise Monday after 4 or anytime Tuesday of next week

i cant play tomorrow like usual, i need to step up my studying for the next 2 weeks

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
Maybe next week, then. I may stop by Hillel one of these days, too.

Do Jews have a secret handshake I should know about before I stop in?

TheWalkingThano

Smash Journeyman
hmm well i didnt schedule in a time when i was going to go yet and I cant do it today or tomorrow...but i can do it sat/sun (is it open then?) otherwise Monday after 4 or anytime Tuesday of next week

i cant play tomorrow like usual, i need to step up my studying for the next 2 weeks
I think I can come with at any of those times. Anyway, I think you're all forgetting that this is Seibel, if they had beds CS majors would sleep there. I don't even know if they close because there are always people there, but I will check on that.

slomo431

Smash Ace
They lock the doors sometime after midnight I think, but typically don't give a **** how long you stay there.

I spent a few nights there sophomore year.

Top Bottom