• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UIUC Thread

brickman

Smash Lord
lol, I fear of sheik has been instilled in henrik by my godly sheik.

Come back down to U of I in late November or December to get your *** handed to you.

I don't know why I'm being so confrontational, I just want to smash.

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
When I went to sign up for HKN today, only Matt had signed up before me. Wonder how closely the placings will match the order of signup...?

Wonder if anyone cares?

SuperMatt

Smash Champion
i bet preregistration makes most people just stay home for that tourney

henrik...the only way you can win is if you shine spike me 3 times, which is not too hard for you apparently

ftl

Smash Journeyman
When I went to sign up for HKN today, only Matt had signed up before me. Wonder how closely the placings will match the order of signup...?

Wonder if anyone cares?
Perfectly, I hope. I signed up 3rd, after the two of you ;) (as of today at 4:00, there was the three of us signed up)

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
You could do both on Friday, as long as there are still spots open. At this rate, I think there will indeed be remaining spots on Friday.

chun1

Smash Apprentice
m2k smells like a homeless guy's nutsack.

cactuar is a demi-god.

ray chun sucks at smash.

ray chun wants to give up smash.

ray chun is really good looking and has a great personality.

SuperMatt

Smash Champion
eric you should set up a gmail account for SMYM and tell people that to preregister they need to email the account...that way we can put out a list of people that are coming and then we can email them updates

ftl

Smash Journeyman
Ok, so according to that HKN tournament guy,

This probably goes without saying, but for those of you who are bringing a TV, please make sure it's big enough for tournament play.
Does the one that I've been bringing to the saturday meetings qualify?

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
Yes, definitely. Anything about 17" or more is fine.

It's nice that I can change my avatar whenever I want now, but I wish smashboards would stop erasing it randomly.

slomo431

Smash Ace
Funny you should mention that. I just got this email:

[GameBuilders] National Gaming Day at the Undergraduate Library!

The following message has been approved by your fearless leader:

Hello, various gamers!

You're receiving this email because you're affiliated with DDR Illini, Video Gamers Alliance, or the ACM. I wanted to make you aware of an event going on at the Undergraduate Library on November 15th: National Gaming Day! Check it out here: http://ilovelibraries.org/gaming

We're going to be hosting a number of games on that day, including but not limited to Super Smash Brothers, DDR, Guitar Hero, and Rock Band. What we'd like to offer you and your members is the chance to participate, and also booth space to promote your group. You can do activities, but be sure to run them by us first : ) Also, just a heads-up that we can only offer you electrical outlets, not equipment.

If you feel that you have received this email in error, my apologies; your email addresses were readily available from your groups' websites. Have a great week, and let me know if and how you'd like to be involved in National Gaming Day!

Thank you for your time,
Jessica Neiweem
Graduate Assistant, Undergraduate Library

EC_Joey

Smash Lord
So... I'll be coming to SMYM unless something goes wrong concerning money or school schedule. Tom made me realize that there won't be many melee players left next year. =(

slomo431

Smash Ace
Yeah who's graduating this year...Twins, Jon, Robin, Dave O...

It's all because of you guys not picking up any rookies this year.

slomo431

Smash Ace
Are you guys gonna advertise on campus again this year? I remember seeing fliers for I think it was either SMYM 6 or 7 taped to a couple dorm buildings.

It'd be nice to have someone there I can beat. Although if there's only 1 day to finish the tourney you might not want to waste time with the randoms.

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
Alex and Eric will still be here if you want to play Melee. If you're into Brawl, your options are a bit more open.

Top Bottom