• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UIUC Thread

ftl

Smash Journeyman
So this tournament on saturday... ...anyone know how long it's going to last? 2:00 PM to... ...when?

TheStig

Smash Lord
it depends on how many people show up and setups. if the turnout is like the one at ISU then its gonna be short.

SuperMatt

Smash Champion
we are going to try to set it up at the brawl tournament to convince people that melee is better

the tournament starts at 3, registration is at 2

does anyone else want shirts? so far there are 2 people that want them

Nekomancer

Smash Journeyman
If I'm not one of those two, sign me up for a shirt.

Also, I'm going to Mike Yao's apartment Friday afternoon.. he says there's a bunch of meleers around there. I doubt he'd mind if more people came along. I forget the number.. I think it was 104 Stoughton.

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
Nope, I haven't voted on one of those in years. I stopped feeling like I knew enough about the game a long time ago.

Dekuschrub

Smash Master
yeah shiek > falco is an interesting choice...

I think the marth fox placement is quite good. Jiggs shoudl of course be higher... falcon <peach is always debateable...

Henrik are you in town this weekend?

Jhunwung

Smash Rookie
Hey guys,

Just getting the word out but HKN is holding a Brawl tournament on Nov 7.

Here's Smashboards link: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=199556
and there's a Facebook event here: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=44942031619

There's also going to be a Melee tournament like Dec 5th or something, it'll be interesting to see if there'll be more at the Brawl tourny or the Melee tourny. I haven't really kept up with which one people are playing still but personally I'm still playing Melee and look forward to seeing people around again once the Melee one comes around... maybe this Brawl one will spark something interesting.

... maybe see you there.

slomo431

Smash Ace
I am interested in that Dec 5th tournament...I need excuses to go down to Champaign I miss it for many reasons

ftl

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, union 2:00. I'll be at the tournament, dunno if everyone else will be.

Might be a melee day if everyone playing Brawl is at the tourney ;)

Robin60062

Smash Apprentice
Hey, you guys try out this new wavedash hack for Brawl? With the exception of mk, Brawl's starting to look decent...

Dew Rag

Smash Ace
the wd hack doesn't really do much.... imo just cuz the game is already too floaty and no l-canceling

i'm more angry about the tripping and no lcancel (and footstool)

Top Bottom