• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UIUC Thread

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
I take it that means singles? He sounds like a really nice guy, by the way.

Regarding why you don't hate Brawl, Matt--you know it's only easy to win because none of us are very good.

Nekomancer

Smash Journeyman
My friends taught me the truth last night. There is no smash. There is only DOTA.

... yeesh, even joking about that feels weird.

Nekomancer

Smash Journeyman
I'm still getting the hang of it. Last night was the first time I really did well, and kept up with everyone else. It's not fun until you're actually good at it. Drow Ranger is awesome O_o;

Nekomancer

Smash Journeyman
w0000t! Due to a mixup, I don't have to work at the football game tomorrow morning, but I still get credit for it!

FTL, this means I no longer need my TV picked up at 10:40, so come by at 11:45, like usual. If you can't fit me in the car, don't worry about it. It's far more important that my TV gets a ride.

See you guys tomorrow

ftl

Smash Journeyman
w0000t! Due to a mixup, I don't have to work at the football game tomorrow morning, but I still get credit for it!

FTL, this means I no longer need my TV picked up at 10:40, so come by at 11:45, like usual. If you can't fit me in the car, don't worry about it. It's far more important that my TV gets a ride.

See you guys tomorrow
I'll fit ya, Gameandwatch didn't tell me he wants a ride and I think he's not coming at that time anyway

Nekomancer

Smash Journeyman
oops, I meant 12:45, of course, not 11:45.

I think Durand might be able to squeeze in back, what do you think FTL?

we can make him carry the tvs hahaaaa

Edit- I randomly ran into Jon today. He said he's coming tomorrow.

SuperMatt

Smash Champion
ok so how about this for a fundraising event?

challenger pays 1$ to play, if he beats us he wins 100$...of course only a few of us would be trustworthy of taking on these challengers

and I think we can have SORF pay for m2k to come here and "coach" us

slomo431

Smash Ace
I seek to challenge the Elite 4

And something tells me the GREs will be the death of Jon

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
ok so how about this for a fundraising event?

challenger pays 1$ to play, if he beats us he wins 100$...of course only a few of us would be trustworthy of taking on these challengers

and I think we can pay for m2k to come here and "coach" us
Matt, what kind of actuary are you?

Maybe if we paid them $5 or $10.

I would not trust myself to take on these challengers, just in case any of you thought I was good.

SuperMatt

Smash Champion
i am trying to think of ways to get extra money, and 100$ would sure lure me in....and we would have to kind of make the rules lean more on our side such as 5 stocks best of 3 matches (to lower variance of returns)....and it would need to be melee, and the only people I trust for this are me, tom, and alex at this point

Top Bottom