• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UIUC Thread

Nekomancer

Smash Journeyman
I can try to reserve the allen lounge again. Heh, I should have spoken up sooner. No guarantees.

What date should I put on the request form? Times?

friday smash sounds fun

brickman

Smash Lord
no, not at allen hall.

They are jerks there.

I know, I lived there, and unless things are directly for allen hall, they don't want you there.

they are mean, but in the hippy way of being mean.

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
Well, if any of the professors were a gamer, it would have to be Stepanov. He's even mentioned "hit points" twice so far this year.

gameandwatch 4 Lyfe

Smash Journeyman
dustin you could have picked pink metaknight to make it fair... also you forgot to mention that dark link counters metaknight. remember i have video evidence XD

slomo431

Smash Ace
I thought it meant to ruin its reputation, which was that it was unbeatable. Oops. Well I guess I'll also tell him his Falco's not so great too.

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
You were mostly right, but it's more along the lines of attacking one's reputation verbally.

Dew Rag

Smash Ace
I will need to stop by the twins place to spray paint my final controller

will friday work?
also giving me andy's screwdriver without the screws doesn't help

SuperMatt

Smash Champion
50/50 SOA is sneaky so I have no idea....there were some tricky questions....did we have to know the derivative of s^t with respect to t?

slomo431

Smash Ace
Yeah that's just s^t/lns since s is treated as a constant. I skipped that question though because that fancy stuff slows my brain down. I only answered 14 questions with confidence, have a 3/5 chance on an educated guess on two more, and went random on the last 2. I hope that's at least enough to pass...

How many were you able to get answers for?

SuperMatt

Smash Champion
sounds like you did good on it, i guessed on 3-4 questions pretty much, and i know i missed a few of the others....i wish i had 30 more minutes

oh durand, you know theres that brawl tournament friday right?

slomo431

Smash Ace
Actually now that I think of it the conditional probability of me getting those educated guesses right is more like 1/3 since I was able to definitely eliminate 2 on each of em. I'm a terrible actuary...

Anyway, on topic, any new updates to the venue search? And when are you guys having charity tournaments I need an excuse to come back down and get some Porgy's and Fat Sandwiches...

If HKN comes through with that Dec 5 Melee tournament I'm definitely there.

slomo431

Smash Ace
Yeah actuarial science is actually a pretty easy major overall. You don't even need to go to class most of the time. Senior year I had 3 classes I just showed up at for tests. I went to my blowoff classes with more frequency, but that was probably because they were about food...and sports...and Asia.

It's the SOA/CAS exams that ruin it. I don't think I passed anymore, I've been reading forums.

SuperMatt

Smash Champion
there is a melee tournament this saturday i think

i try not to think of how i did cause i always realize i did something wrong and nothing can be done about it

also, do you remember how you did the first question? the easy ones stump me

slomo431

Smash Ace
I realized how to do it as time was running out. Weishaus had this formula for doing that exact situation in one of the currency sections. I had to guess A because time was running out as I was calculating. I pressed enter on my calculator after he collected the tests...the answer was B. I was so pissed.

I'm sitting on an 11-13/19 I think since I screwed up like 2 or more of the ones I was confident on, got half of my educated guesses, and am unsure about my random guesses. The pass mark is mostly likely to be 12...so I'm pretty worried.

SuperMatt

Smash Champion
heres my idea for something new for SMYM

you have a falcon ditto "crown" (or get one of those medals) and then the person who has it at the end of the tournament wins 20$ and the person has to take all challenges...and im thinking of having this all needed to be played on a specific TV thats being recorded so then we could make an awesome montage of combos, but we may need all tv's possible for use in the actual tournament

any ideas on this? i mostly just want to falcon ditto everyone there

Top Bottom