• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UIUC Thread

slomo431

Smash Ace
So basically you and Tom are gonna wear tiaras to SMYM...

I'll ditto you just to see that

slomo431

Smash Ace
Hey Matt, when did you say you were gonna have that smashedfest? I'll come down for that.

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
Charles, don't spam the thread with my facebook status updates.

I wonder if you know the song (without googling it)?

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
Friday is HKN, Sat is Halo fans--that's why. And Saturday is only half-Brawl anyway.

slomo431

Smash Ace
Hey Matt or Andy have either of you tried that new calculator allowed by the SOA? The TI 30XS Multiview? I'm hearing it's a lot better and a big time saver on exams. I usually go with the TI 30X IIS + TI BA II Plus combo.

SuperMatt

Smash Champion
no i just use the silly BAII+...i dont even know how to use the memory function on it....i also heard good things about the new one though too

everyone be sure to bring 20$ tshirt money to the tournament tomorrow, we need to have it collected fairly soon

slomo431

Smash Ace
Yeah I could never figure out the memory functions on the BA either, hence my dual wielding TIs. It's much more intuitive.

What does this shirt look like?

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
It looked cool, but it wasn't allowed yet when I went shopping. I may spring for one.

The calculator, I mean.

slomo431

Smash Ace
Matt to answer that IM you sent me, a PAK is an answer key created by everyone who kept track of what answers they chose pooling their info together to come to a consensus on each question. It might even be called a pooled answer key, I'm not sure about the exact name, but that's what the idea is. From what I read, PAKs usually tend to be only 1 or 2 questions off from the real answer key. According to the one out right now at the actuarialoutpost.com forums I think I'm at 11-12/19 after their recent updates.

And I know I got number 2, but I don't remember exactly what it was. It might have had something to do with Put Call Parity, or at least I tried using PCP at first and either solved it with that or solved it with some other method right after. It's always fun to use PCP.

Nekomancer

Smash Journeyman
FTL, are you aware that the "Fruit of The Loom" company often labels their products with their initials? The word "the" is apparently initial-worthy, by the way.

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
The Multiview is excellent. It doesn't have mushy keys like the other 30s, and it's really responsive. I can press the buttons as fast as I like.

I've been screwing up all the time with the 30XIIS because the tactile feedback sucks, and if you go too fast it misses inputs.

That Metaknight guy wasn't bad, although... he was playing Metaknight. I was more impressed by BC's friend--he played Kirby and Sheik.

TheStig

Smash Lord
i sucked in singles and teams was hard. team c did well even though we rarely play against each other.

the kirby player is oddly enough game&watch 4 lyfe

oh yeah...BC suxs :)

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
Oh, really? He played with us once last year. He's gotten a lot better since then.

I don't think BC checks the boards.

ftl

Smash Journeyman
So what's going on tomorrow (er... today, I suppose, it being past midnight...) I just got an email about some other tournament thing, I'll probably go to that instead of Weston

TheStig

Smash Lord
the metaknight player used dsmash so many times i think he broke my shield a couple of times

...and BC sucks

Dekuschrub

Smash Master
i think if i played the metaknight more i would start to beat him

he just plays like super aggressive

and yeah... I beat BC twice this tourney. 2-0 both times HA

Top Bottom