• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UIUC Thread

brickman

Smash Lord
it will be referred to as an "rso related data collection trip"

but enough of that.

planing for "SMYM" 9 begins.

****2000 post in thread****

SuperMatt

Smash Champion
durand, where and when can you sign this form? can we meet somewhere thursday afternoon?

also eric do you know where to hand in said form?

brickman

Smash Lord
p.s.- kind wanna make smashing illini a charitable group, thoughts?

my choice of things to fund would be science and math in urbana/champaign schools.

suggestions?

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
Well, Eric, we can't say no to that, or we'd look like bad people.

Seriously, sure, sounds good.

Dew Rag

Smash Ace
uh the person i talked to said we can do a lot of things but we have to figure out what we are doing first....

so what kind of charitable work do we want to do?

brickman

Smash Lord
Charitable tournaments!

Where the prizes we give out are small, but the check we give to the school reflects the majority of the money made from the tournament.

brickman

Smash Lord
I think we should invest in more trophies.

Who doesn't want a trophy that says

Super Champ of Illinois
1st Place in the _____ Charitable Tournament.

EC_Joey

Smash Lord
Something extraordinary is happening. Brawl tournaments have died down lately, possibly because school started, but Melee tournaments seem to be back on the rise here on the East Coast. Esticle, which was Brawl only for a while, will now be Melee only.

Nekomancer

Smash Journeyman
Sorry, I'm not bringing my TV tomorrow. The remote got lost, and without that, I can't change the video input to "GAME". I bought a universal remote, but apparently universal remotes can't deal with menus and complicated things.

Is anyone else bringing a TV? If not, I dunno if I'll come.

brickman

Smash Lord
Durand, did you get a chance to sign the form?

P.S.- let us get a conference chat together for tomorrow evening.

bricxman is the name you can contact me at, please post your name matt, durand, alex, jon, and anyone else who wants to be in on the discussion.

someone please notify joey so we can get this done.

thanks.

SuperMatt

Smash Champion
threedeecm

durand signed the form and i turned it in...i accidentally signed your name erik instead of eric cos i know another erik...i hope they dont notice

ftl

Smash Journeyman
I might maybe have a TV tomorrow, possibly. Perhaps. Depends. I'll know tomorrow at around 11:00 or 12:00 whether I'll have a TV.

Nekomancer

Smash Journeyman
the remote does have an input button. The input button just doesn't do anything when the remote is set for the TV. The rest of the remote works fine, it's just that button.

I called tech support for the TV, and the guy mentioned that universal remotes usually can't do complex things like accessing menus for changing video inputs.

Tech support for the remote was closed for the evening. Calling them tomorrow morning.

BIG C

Smash Master

rofl man what johnz if you had an RCA TV **** would be done every single remote in my house works with like any RCA thing that exists. and by that i mean 2 tv's and a VCR

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
Bowser doesn't turn around to throw hammers at you, does he? Doesn't he just keep facing forward?

Nekomancer

Smash Journeyman
So ftl... since I'm not bringing my TV, I don't NEED a ride... but I wouldn't say no to one ^^;

If it's not convenient for you, don't worry about it.

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
There's the rec room downstairs if y'all wanna play Melee down there. ...if the TV's not already in use.

Top Bottom