• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UIUC Thread

brickman

Smash Lord
Ok. I contacted joey today, I gave him the information he needs to do the non discrimination form. Matt, Durand, and Jon, contact me so I can PM you Joey's phone number so you can sign the non-discrimination form so that we can get our account and all that good stuff going.

Apparently, my mailed version didn't make it.

Alex, you're going to be sad, I'm still president.

Sawwy.

Nekomancer

Smash Journeyman
Hahaha... I can see the power struggles starting. Soon the threats will fly, followed by the rampant murders, until finally Eric wanders back into town to find U of I overrun with hired goons and mobsters.

Won't be long now...

Dew Rag

Smash Ace
i was pretty sure i was vice pres for a while

anyone want to help plan SMYM and make it a melee tourny?
i thinkt he midwest needs at lesat one big melee tourny per year and SMYM fits
show me your moves MELEE!

w00t or not... if too many have complaints

brickman

Smash Lord
Will do.

Come now, I love melee, I'll do anything for it.

Although, I'll need your guys help to get the word out. If you know people in Chicago, Zjinn, Sveet, or any of those kids, and you can contact them, do so. Also, lets see if we can get Indiana, Iowa, and Michigan people in. I will work on getting a place for December?

Comments, suggestions and input begins now.

P.S. waiting to hear from people for Illinites to do tournaments with them.

Durand, I'll need you to update the flyers to have the contact email to be smashingillini@gmail.com

thanks all.

EC_Joey

Smash Lord
There will be a huge Smash tournament summer of 2009. I am helping to make sure it will be the largest one ever seen. I hope some of you guys can make it, possibly do some fundraising over this school year to pay for train (or plane?) tickets.

It will be in Boston, Massachusetts. It will be a three day event. There will be Melee, Brawl, and possibly SSB64. Most likely it will be in a hotel ballroom. A huge number of people have already expressed interest in it, a lot of big names will be attending. I'd love to see some of you guys there, I know Brickman travels a lot. ;)

See the thread here: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=178903

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
anyone want to help plan SMYM and make it a melee tourny?
You can't call it SMYM. You can call it "SMYM" if you want, and you might even be able to have it in the same place as the others.

Matt, did that guy make a joke about me as I left tonight? I told him I had to leave early. Now everyone thinks I'm an *******, which I am, but they think it for the wrong reason.

EC_Joey

Smash Lord
haha. I'd love to go. As long as you can put me up, Joey.
I can provide or find housing for you. If I have no other choice, I'll pay for a hotel room. Maybe that could entice other U of I smashers to come and share a free room with you. :laugh:

slomo431

Smash Ace
Matt, speaking of interview process...

My compn'y is making me do Meet the Firms this year. When is it, where is it, and what do the childrens like to hear nowadays?

Also, definitely work on that "SMYM" tournament. I'll come down, maybe try to get Ray, Dan and Dave to go too. I'll go to Boston if someone pays for me.

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
It seemed like a crack at me because of the timing. "You can leave like that guy if you don't think you need help with interviews." Maybe he didn't mean it that way, but that's how it would be taken by people with such a finely-tuned sense of humor as mine.

Henrik's going to be one of those job fair people? I'm gonna give you my resume and get a free trinket? Crazy.

SuperMatt

Smash Champion
henrik all i know is that it is early october, and ive never been to one so i dont know what goes on, but i guess mostly students want cookies or pizza, so bring me some cookies choclate chip plz

slomo431

Smash Ace
Dang, October, that's study time. That means I'm coming to Champaign twice that month. Oh well. More opportunities to get some smashing done.

And Matt if you haven't already, Fin 431 was a pretty good class to take if you haven't taken it already. Most of what I've done so far since joining the real world was addressed or at least introduced in that class. Show up to MTF spouting all those fancy words they teach you and you're golden.

tru dat... we should invest in systems for the club
as in get a wii + melee + brawl and an N64 + stuff
You should pick up some TVs from local thrift stores. The ones I've been to usually have a bunch of 13"-20"ers tested to be working for a couple bucks. I bought a $2 VCR! Chambana CL is pretty good too. I'd expect a lot of good deals could be found at the end of semesters. I have no money so I know these things.

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
We, uhm, don't need to get any systems. Between us all we have lots of 'em.

The three TVs we had last time are plenty, if we can count on having them regularly?

ftl

Smash Journeyman
So is there gonna be another home game this Saturday? I could use some tips on where to find those secret parking spots, if there is... :-/ that is, if Nekomancer still wants help in getting his TV there and back.

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
ftl - Park behind Huff Hall. Google "campus map uiuc" and type it in.

Eric - As in a Halo/Smash tournament? Is that what you mean?
Is there any reason to do that other than the fun of having twice as many people in the room at once?

brickman

Smash Lord
Andy, it's just that it helps when they have placed secured already. Like next Saturday, they have the basement of the union rented out, and I have talked to the halo people, and they said we could go and do it with them. Tournaments means money for the twins, and for the group.

I'm thinking Smashing Illini keeps just a little bit of the total collected for expenses and debt repayment from tournaments. Thoughts?

Nekomancer

Smash Journeyman
Sounds good. It doesn't matter how it gets done, as long as we get more tournaments.

ftl - yes please ^^; You're full of awesome. Swing by at 12:45?

Dew Rag

Smash Ace
ftl, want to give me a ride also....

that is, if you're picking up mike at Allen since I live at FAR, a few blocks away
btw matt and tom, are you still up for spray painting? cuz i dunno if we can in the rain...

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
Oh, well, that sounds fine to me. Next Saturday as in not tomorrow? And which game are we talking about here?

SuperMatt

Smash Champion
we can still do it under the overhang thing, durand, if you want to...it only takes like a minute to actually paint and then we can take it inside until it drys or something....its up to you

ftl

Smash Journeyman
Ok, I'll try parking behind Huff hall.

Sounds good. It doesn't matter how it gets done, as long as we get more tournaments.

ftl - yes please ^^; You're full of awesome. Swing by at 12:45?
Sure, I'll swing by at 12:45 tomorrow.

ftl, want to give me a ride also....

that is, if you're picking up mike at Allen since I live at FAR, a few blocks away
Sure, I'll drop by there and give you a call at 12:35 or 12:40ish or so.

brickman

Smash Lord
Durand, I need you and Matt to get in contact with joey today to sign the non-discrimination form. I think he was stopping by weston, but give him a call on his cell phone so it gets done today.

thanks!

Nekomancer

Smash Journeyman
Today was boooring...

We had six brawlers. One of them brought a wii. They played on the big TV. I brought my TV and gamecube. I was the only "melean" (meleer and meleeist suck). I ended up playing single player for an hour until jon showed up to ease my pain. Then he left and I was stuck abusing computers again.

brickman

Smash Lord
Durand, just give joey a call so you can meet up with him to sign it, call matt so he can do it with you. Also, make sure jon signs it.

****, I'm sorry Mike, hopefully we can get some more people there so it wont be so bad. Also, I am looking in to have at somewhere else for the ease of everyone. Although, that t.v. is a staple of Smashing Illini.

Top Bottom