• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UIUC Thread

ftl

Smash Journeyman
Well, I hope so :)

And this time I haven't scheduled anything for right after so I won't run away without helping get the tv back.

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
I have a triwing. If we have a Brawl setup this weekend and I show up, you can borrow it, but you'd better remind me again.

Nekomancer

Smash Journeyman
Thanks, ftl!

I'll bring my cube too I guess, to go along with my TV. Alex, can I come to your apartment a little early to snatch it?

and ew! Painting? I had enough of that this summer with my 4-year-old campers. paint everywhere... X_X

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
I considered painting mine a while ago, but you have to sand it down and apply several coats of paint and clear coat and it seemed like too much trouble.

Someone bring a Wii. I guess I'll show up at 1 as long as someone else who feels like playing Brawl arrives around then.

Dew Rag

Smash Ace
uh, i got spray paint where u can paint over w.e without sanding and without primer

but i think it stays on better if u sand it down before spraying it. I think it has some primer solution in it already hence the no need for primer and such...

um... i only have yellow and green, and i wasn't really planning on having people use it hahaha =_=
i guess if u want it done, give me money? and if u want a different color, it will be more money, cuz i might have to get primer for it.... I guess part of the profit goes to andy for the screwdriver?

we can figure this stuff out on sat or on the boards... um i might come late cuz i have to take this exam thing that lets me do something for the next five years for education which i have no idea about... and apparently i don't need to study for it so hazzah ... so poop

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
If you don't clear-coat it, I don't think it'll feel the same in your hands. I think it might feel sort of sticky. Not that I'm speaking from experience.

Applying paint on top of the paint that's already there... well, good luck with that.

BIG C

Smash Master
the only controllers with paint on them are the silver ones indigo, black, and spice are all just that color plastic. when u sand down a silver one it makes it grey

Dew Rag

Smash Ace
someone want to get a clear coat and sandpaper while we're at it

and yes i know silver is the only one with paint
i have two silvers with paint fading off it

EC_Joey

Smash Lord
I'm planning on painting a brand new, unopened silver controller. I'm going to pick up some vinyl spraypaint when I stop by an auto place this month. With vinyl spraypaint all you have to do is wash the covers with soap and water, then spray it on after the parts dry. Apparently it bonds to the plastic much better than traditional spraypaint, and it's supposed to not feel any different in your hands afterwards too.

ftl

Smash Journeyman
I think I did not think my cunning plan all the way through....

So I just drove through that part of campus on my way back from a tennis match and, well, apparently the first home football game is today.

I don't think I can find parking anywhere remotely near there. Or at least it didn't look like it, though I could be wrong.

So I think I'll be coming on foot. I can help carry the tv back, but I don't think I can provide vehicular support. Unless I'm wrong about the parking situation.

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
Yep, this was why we had moved our gatherings to Sundays last year.

There's got to be a spot somewhere. I know some secret locations.

Nekomancer

Smash Journeyman
ftl saved me from painfully carrying a TV a very great distance.

Let it be known that ftl is the greatest guy ever. EVER

ftl ftw!

Dew Rag

Smash Ace
Current Supply:

Primer
Yellow
Green/forest greenish
Neon Yellow
Neon Pink
Navy Blue
Light Green (pistachio)
Cherry Red
Clear Coat (or some kind of glossy coat thing)

If anyone wants their controller modded please tell me
there might be a small fee to pay for the money used to get supplies
and if i don't remind andy for the triwing (as in post on these boards on friday or sat morning) , will someone please post it? to remind old andy to bring it to weston

thanks

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
I'm putting it in my backpack now. I'm not sure if I'm coming this weekend, so maybe you should meet me somewhere.

I can be found in the union food court around 12 MWF or 1230 TR, or in the library for the next 2 hours or so after lunch.

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
217-766-4794

Does that mean you have 1150-1200 available? I can meet you between the two buildings. But I'm coming from a distance, so I'll have to walk faster than usual...

Edit: You dummy, you didn't meet me at the appointed place. I walked faster than usual for nothing!

Dew Rag

Smash Ace
sorry, i saw u go inside altgeld in my classroom around 12:20 and i left for class at 9 so i didn't have time to check the boards

i'm sorry for ur faster than normal walk
i have class from 10 - 10:50 tomorrow so i'll come to the place between altgeld and union and wait for u 12:30? I'll just study outside by that area unless it's raining like today

my number is 630-200-5174

Dew Rag

Smash Ace
DOUBLE POST

ANDY IS GOD

also on a side note
sanding down the controller is tedious

if we are ever to do this ever again
i suggest we get paint remover =_=

brickman

Smash Lord
I've got 2 black controllers, and 2 silver controllers, but I won't be able to get them to you for a while.

Also, has anyone heard from Joey Levin? I sent him the non-discrimination form, but I'm not sure if he got it... this is not good.

Top Bottom