• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UIUC Thread

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
I'm not just saying this because I don't like Melee, but I think it would be dishonest of us to help these people organize a Brawl tournament and then use half of the setups for Melee. Let's go with 1, maybe 2.

R

rar87

Hi, I'm a transfer student at UIUC and I just found out about this club a day before Quad Day. Unfortunately, I missed Quad Day so I couldn't register there. I sent an e-mail to brickman and posted on the facebook group, but no one answered. Can I come to Game Night (at Weston Hall right?) and register there? I can bring my GameCube and Melee along with 4 controllers if that helps the event. Do I have to bring a TV?

One more question: What time do Game Night and the usual Saturday tournaments begin? I'm asking this because I have a class at 5-6 for the first three Wednesdays of the semester.

Dew Rag

Smash Ace
3 stock 8 min
no items

random stages:
Battlefield
Final Destination
Yoshi's Island
Smashville
Lylat Cruise

others:
Delfino Plaza
Luigi's Mansion
Pokémon Stadium 2
etc

idc about others lol

trossman, i believe i have ur controller

Dekuschrub

Smash Master
whoa whoa whoa... delfino is totally on the random.

its like 50 times more neutral than lylat. (even if i do like to counterpick lylat)

brickman

Smash Lord
rar, i forwarded your message to joey levin, he is handling all that stuff for the moment.

Smart kids- make sure all the rules are tournament legal. Make sure all the new members get their brawl tournament, but make sure that there is a smaller melee tournament. Small, like accept like 16 people. I know you kids need to beat some flesh.

Dew Rag

Smash Ace
dude lets not limit melee to 16

16 means it's just smashing illini vs itself lols

btw r we doing any teams?
cuz i want to do some team melee

TheWalkingThano

Smash Journeyman
Durand, if you could just bring that on Wednesday that would be great.

Isn't the Game Night in the Union? I hope that we got the word out on the location lol.

rar87 - You shouldn't need to bring anything to the Game Night on Wednesday. Saturday smash at Weston is a different story and we will probably need as many setups as we can get if even 1/10 of the people that signed up yesterday come by. Also, Saturday smash is probably only going to be a tourney half the time. The rest of the time is just friendlies.

I would like to get this out as much as I can:

WE MAY HAVE A RIDICULOUS NUMBER OF PEOPLE COMING ON SATURDAY. IF YOU DON'T BRING A SETUP, YOU CAN'T REALISTICALLY EXPECT TO GET A LOT OF PLAY TIME.

TheWalkingThano

Smash Journeyman
Well, this Saturday we're basically going to test the water. We have had tons of people come by and it was a great time because we had pretty much exactly 4 people to every 1 setup.

Dekuschrub

Smash Master
i'll print out a couple of rule set copies of "standard" rules to the tourney.

and by standard i mean neuts as
lylat
delfino
bfield
fd
smashville
yoshi island

standard Cpicks

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
double post

Whoever is bringing a laptop, make sure you have tio organizer installed:
http://nealpro.com/

Whether it will work on your Mac, Eric--well, there's one way to find out.

If it doesn't work on Eric's machine... is there someone else who can bring a laptop???

brickman

Smash Lord
Someone bring a capture card and a tape recorder. The registration for the tournament begins at 5:30, starts at 7. I'm talking to Joey, he is talking to Donna, the woman in charge of game night. I'll make sure he gets a letter out to everyone, if he hasn't already.

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
Alright Eric, if you won't be present, will there be someone who knows the kind of stuff I wouldn't know? Entry fees, prizes, time to be done, etc.

I mean, I guess you could tell me that stuff now, but maybe there's something else I haven't thought of.

SuperMatt

Smash Champion
we won't have time for pools...and usually we have to see how many people show up before determining best of 3 or not....but definitely the last few rounds will be best of 3 or 5

brickman

Smash Lord
Andy, when you are at the Tournament tonight, make sure you find Joey Levin. He should have talked to Donna Wargo, the woman in charge of running game night. I think maybe Matt, Durand or Alex know who he is. He is going to be in charge of the tournament tonight. Find Dave O and talk to him as well, he should have some idea what to do. Worst comes to worst, talk to Donna, she is in charge of everything and will give you all the information you want about the tournament.

EC_Joey

Smash Lord
durand youre in math 444?

what is your major?
If he hasn't changed his major this year, he's still a math major.

It sounds like Smashing Illini has exploded with activity. Just how many new people are there, and do any of them play Melee?

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
Remember, we need some people to bring Wiis tonight. TVs we could do without, although if it's not too much trouble, it would definitely help.

Nekomancer

Smash Journeyman
Well, we got hundreds of applicants for our mailing list on Quad Day. Probably going to have a big turnout for this tournament. But we haven't really met anyone yet, so we don't know if anyone plays melee.

Dekuschrub

Smash Master
I have laptop and rulesheet.

i will be there at 515-530. if you are in the club try to get there early to help.

BRING SETUPS ZOMG

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
Wait... a... minute. If "hundreds" of people show up tonight, there's no way to finish, even if we use all of the setups for Brawl.

I hope there's some kind of entry fee in place to discourage people, although it's too late to change any of that now. It's too late to even discourage people, unless I were to try being an ******* at the tourney.

brickman

Smash Lord
From what I have heard, everything went pretty well. Sounds like some people were a bit disappointed by a lack of an entrance fee, we'll be sure to have one at the next one. From what I have heard, TheStig sounds like he is a good brawl player, not something I thought I would ever say about anyone. lulz.

Anyways, good stuff, good turn out, and good organization. Thanks to everyone who made sure that this tournament turned out well. I hope that we will be able to have another tournament, I'll make sure we talk to the right people to make sure that it happens. In the mean time, I hope everyone had a good night, and thanks for coming out.

I hope everyone attends Saturday Smash and has a good time. For those who have yet to pay dues, get on it you lazy bum. I need to be paid back, and we need to have more events.

Do it.

Top Bottom