• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UIUC Thread

J

Jeffito123

Vernon Hills eh? I'm from Grosse Pointe.

Anyways, I have a modded Wii with Brawl and can contribute that. I also have 2 GC controllers.

And for anything else, I got a modded PS2 with a ton of games, 2 colbalt flux DDR pads, 2 arcade hori sticks, IIDX Arcade Style Controller, Para Para Paradise controller, gf and dm, and of course guitar hero and **** jam and a hacked 360.

T

Tweeter0830

I'm up for playing today. I have... zero things to do.. and I need out of my dorm room.

brickman

Smash Lord
Well I don't have stuff with me outside of my controller. Give me a call and tell me where you live so I can come meet you to play.

My number is 815 274 0365.

Dew Rag

Smash Ace
i live at FAR

i'll give u a call later this afternoon after i get textbooks unless u want to play now

there's a lot more room and there's a/c so it can't be that bad

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
does anyone play brawl?
Well, seriously, I play Brawl and there are 2 other people who don't mind playing it, and then everyone else is training up for some imaginary huge Melee tournament. How much Brawl happens at our gatherings remains to be seen.

TheStig

Smash Lord
Well, seriously, I play Brawl and there are 2 other people who don't mind playing it, and then everyone else is training up for some imaginary huge Melee tournament. How much Brawl happens at our gatherings remains to be seen.
I've been to a couple of brawl tournaments. if you guys need help setting up wiis, setting up the rulesets, or running tio for the brawl tournament i can probably help out.

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
Good to know, but with me around there won't be any problems. Although if you have a Wii, we're going to need some Wednesday night.

ftl

Smash Journeyman
So where in Weston will I find you guys? I stopped by a bit ago, wanted to meet some of you, but realized I had no idea where in the building to go, and didn't see you anywhere obvious... so I'll try to stop by next weekend, perhaps.

Also, to somebody who asked earlier, I'm interested in playing Brawl. I do not have my own wii+brawl (or even tv...) yet though.

Nekomancer

Smash Journeyman
So where in Weston will I find you guys? I stopped by a bit ago, wanted to meet some of you, but realized I had no idea where in the building to go, and didn't see you anywhere obvious... so I'll try to stop by next weekend, perhaps.

Also, to somebody who asked earlier, I'm interested in playing Brawl. I do not have my own wii+brawl (or even tv...) yet though.
We're in the main lounge of weston. There's a flatscreen TV there that thankfully does not lag. Its the big room with all the old Nickolodeon shows painted on the windows.

A friend of mine now goes to UIUC. His name is Bobby and is a Falcon player, someone find him! Go.
Is it Bobby Weisshappel? We already know about him, looking forward to meeting him.

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
The reason the flatscreen in Weston doesn't lag is because it's not a flatscreen, except in that the screen is literally flat. LCD TVs are the ones that lag. That one is a rear projection TV.

Eric, do you mean that you don't have a copy of the contacts list yourself? Well, humph, I do have it. Want it?

ftl

Smash Journeyman
Yep, quad day was fun :)

I got ***** badly the few times I played melee, but I could hold my own in brawl, at least against the couple of guys I played.

J

Jeffito123

hey! Is there anyways I can add myself to the mailing list? I didn't find you guys ;( i was only there for 30 minutes

brickman

Smash Lord
Well I hope everyone enjoyed their time today. We still have a lot of work to do to make sure it continues to be awesome.

Joey Levin is going to be the person in our group to help make sure that things stay in order. If you have any questions feel free to ask me, but Joey will likely help you with them as he learns.

I'm going to keep making sure that things for the tournament on Wednesday works out. Also, we need to make sure we have huge organized lists of people, email addresses, wii ownership, easily portable televisions, and cars. This will be essential for large scale Saturday tournaments. Going to be crazy, but I couldn't have been happier with the way today turned out.

Thank you Durand for making a thousand calls for me today, helping to set up, and being my right hand man for the day, I really appreciate it. Not to mention the good poster design that is surely in the homes of at least 200 people.

Matt and Tom, thanks as always for helping to set up and making sure we got everything to the quad. Thanks for still kicking my *** in melee. Matt make sure you got to the soonest possible Treasurer meeting. We need to set up an account so we can collect dues. I was thinking just a standard $5 to be a member. This way we will be able to make a more private list, so people do not have to worry about just another person looking up their phone number.

Be sure to thank the guys at Game Stop, that Wii set up was sooooooo pretty at the quad. I feel like we should make the headlines for how pretty our set ups looked. I think we did a really good job, and I think we made at least my dream come true for actually Smashing the Quad.

Good stuff to everyone. I'll talk to you all while I'm gone, but I can't wait to be back at school. Tournaments, bar crawls, and whatever else will be a plenty.

TheWalkingThano

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, smash on the quad was pretty bad *** even though I didn't stick around for that long. I hope to see tons of people on Wednesday. What's the setup situation looking like for Wednesday? I think Brickman said we have 3 wiis and 2 games and Gamestop said they have 2 wiis and games. That gives us 5 brawl setups at the most and we have 8 tvs. How many do we want to have melee, 1 or 2?

Top Bottom