• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UIUC Thread

brickman

Smash Lord
We won't need a tent per say, a table will be likely secured through getting something from Game Stop, or worst comes to worst, we by a cheap folding table. Also bring extension cables if you have them, this something that we will probably need a lot of.

that and the actual television/set up.

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
We won't need a tent per say
and per say Andy, huh?

I was imagining a tent. If it's sunny and there's no tent, you'll definitely need a light shield for the TV. But rather than papers/folders, as you said, I would recommend cut-up cereal boxes (and some duct tape!). Two nice-sized ones should suffice.

Nekomancer

Smash Journeyman
So what about that tournament? Who's running it?

I know how to do brackets now, so I'd be happy to do it :D

I'll just need to borrow someone's laptop O_o;

brickman

Smash Lord
the tournament will be game night. I'm going to contact someone tomorrow to confirm it or to get more details. I wont have my laptop with me, at least I don't think I will, so I wont be able to lend you mine.

Thanks for offering to help do brackets, I appreciate it.

see you kids in just a couple of days- god this is going to be fun.

Dew Rag

Smash Ace
i'll help out with brackets and stuff and i can learn also that way we have two people just in case one doesn't show up and etc in the future : )

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
I didn't think you were going to be around, Eric?

Like I said, I'll be at the tourney to help out. But someone else needs to bring a laptop. I'm too paranoid to bring mine.

Nekomancer

Smash Journeyman
That wasn't directed at me, was it Durand? I didn't get the information, that's why I didn't show up. Same with last time. And I think there was another one before that. ...... O_o;

All I have is a beat-up five year old desktop. I guess paper will work for the brackets.

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
I think what Durand said was purely hypothetical.

Paper will not work, no. But just because the three of us aren't bringing a laptop doesn't mean someone else can't...?

brickman

Smash Lord
Yea Andy, I am going to be there. I don't start my job now until September 1st. I'll possibly bring my laptop, but I would prefer not to. It is also a Mac, whether or not that has any impact on the software. It will be nice to have as many people there as possible, I would like to learn how to do brackets too for the future.

brickman

Smash Lord
So I talked to Donna Wargo, the woman in charge of hosting and organizing game night, and I got some good information from her.

It sounded like she wanted to get the tournament organized around 5:30, 6:00 and then get the tournament started by 7pm at the latest.

Here is what she is providing.
She has managed to get 8, count it 8, televisions together.
3 wiis
2 games, and is working on getting a third.

This means we are going to need you guys to bring stuff in. I'll certainly bring down my wii and game, but that still leaves us with 4 more wiis.

I need to know who is going to bring down a wii with a game.

Start listing your names, we need to get this together if we want it to be as fun as possible.

8 tvs is huge, let's not disappoint.

She also said that we could hand out fliers from her booth as well, so that means we will be doubling up on our hand outs. This means we will probably have to throw down some cash, but I'll work on handling the majority of it, but donations are appreciated.

I think we should consider creating dues. $10 for the year. For pizza, tournaments, get togethers and funding trips??? Well we would need a treasurer, and I think we can get funded for that. SOOO MUCH FUN TO BE HAD.

TheWalkingThano

Smash Journeyman
Glad I checked this thread before going to Gamestop, I'll just ask them if they can supply any Wiis + games. This is sounding ridiculous. We just gotta make sure that our fliers advertise the game night and not just our Saturday meetings.

brickman

Smash Lord
certainly.

I'll tell durand.

Jon- still go to game stop and see if we can get them to supply us with the stuff we need for game night as well as quad day.

Jon, also ask if Joey Levin started working at the GameStop yet, if anyone asks just say smashing illini wanted to know.

brickman

Smash Lord
That is a better question, and one that I will have to find out.

Sent an email to the lady running it. We'll probably have an answer soon.

SuperMatt

Smash Champion
we can bring one brawl setup and also a melee setup if there are still unused tv's

also, can I be treasurer?

oh and does anyone want to play friday sometime?

brickman

Smash Lord
Matt, I was kind of hoping that you wanted to be Treasurer. I think we should collect dues this year for tournaments and things like that. Also, you are going to have to set up an account for our RSO seeing as we currently do not have one.

Bring both set ups, I want to play melee and nothing else, and I will play Friday most likely. We are going to need to get together to work some things out and get some documents signed.

EC_Joey

Smash Lord
I would join you Durand, but unfortunately I won't be returning to the U of I this year, due to some circumstances. I plan on returning next year. I was looking forward to coming back and showing you all how much I've improved over the summer, but it looks like that won't be possible this year.

I'll miss you guys (especially you seniors that will be graduating this year), thanks for the fun times.

T

Tweeter0830

Hey Dew Rag, I'm down for it. I'm new today. Where are you at? I'm in townsend. I might suck in comparison though.

EC_Joey

Smash Lord
I'll come back next year to play you, Alex. I've been working on Fox, Marth, Captain Falcon, and Jigglypuff. Sheik is icky.

T

Tweeter0830

^ I am... I just got here and I'm super bored. My AIM is rotarylvr0830.

TheWalkingThano

Smash Journeyman
Okay, I finally got a hold of the Gamestop manager and he said he can supply us with 2 wiis + games for wednesday. He's also interested in helping out with quad day 'cause Gamestop needs to piggy back with an RSO to be out there. His boss is going to be in the store tomorrow afternoon and said we should just call with details. He also said the boss will say no but he'll do it anyway. Brickman, do you want to call?

Nekomancer

Smash Journeyman
man I'm so bored up here in Vernon Hills. My folks can't bring me down there until Saturday. I've had no one to play with all summer, and every last smashless minute is killing me. My sister refuses to play me because she hates losing.

It's so much fun to play her, too. She uses doc. All she does is use dash attacks, pills, a couple rolls, and forward smashes. And she ALWAYS uses attack to stand back up. So I like to use Falco against her, using ONLY downairs. Since I know she always attacks to stand up, and never techs, I can put together 10-hit real combos with only dairs! XD

Looking sooo forward to Saturday.

Top Bottom