• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UIUC Thread

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
He fell to the monkey in winners', but he got his revenge in losers'.

Have fun playing with 100 people on Saturday, fellas. I'll catch up with you some other time, when there aren't so many.

TheStig

Smash Lord
Are you going to post the results in the "Tournament Results" section? That would be cool to put uiuc on the map. ggs everyone i'll try to write shoutouts later.

pssh stig felt the wrath of the big cario at zec's tourny.
Are you talking about the lucario combo that killed jiggly at zec's tourny? I don't believe and refuse to believe that it happened.

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
They were these two guys who must have been brothers, they looked so alike. They both had silly clothes and face paint and foam noses, and they came in and said "Hey, I'm Clown #1"
"And I'm Clown #2!"

Dekuschrub

Smash Master
yeah the almighty treasurer triumphed.

although the stig did drop a set to Andy in winners, but came back to win in losers.

also i should note that game and watch is ******** enough without being 1 shotted by a "9".

oh and the tourney was for t3hlulz.. always for the lulz with us lol

SuperMatt

Smash Champion
good matches stig

game and watch is really good, but he requires some luck...ie having people run into your fsmash which isn't so hard to do i guess because it lasts so long...i still dont think he is as good as rattlesnake

ftl

Smash Journeyman
I can do that if nobody else can, but I don't really know either you, where you live, or where to park near Weston, so I'd prefer if someone else volunteered :)

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
I always park behind Huff Hall. If you're at Fourth and Gregory, go E on Gregory and turn right into the parking lot, and then swing around the building. Mike can help you find it if you pick him up.

I'm still not sure if I'll be present tomorrow. I may call one of you and find out how many people there are.

Nekomancer

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for the offer ftl! I live in Allen Hall, which is right next to CRCE, down the street from the tennis courts. My cell number is 224-688-7746.

Also, I have no idea where Huff Hall is. Fortunately, campus and google maps do.

SuperMatt

Smash Champion
if anyone can procure a N64 version tomorrow that would be awesome....ive heard like 3 people say they are unbeatable in that over our last 2 gatherings

brickman

Smash Lord
agreed.

make sure we pay off old debts first :)

sending out non-discrimination form tomorrow. should be able to get an account going soon.

also sorf money requests.

flipkid

Smash Apprentice
im on my way as we speak to visit campus for the nas concert... so i shall probly hit up weston for a lil bit... not that we need more people... i still have jamz' cube +copy but no tv i cud bring

EC_Joey

Smash Lord
if anyone can procure a N64 version tomorrow that would be awesome....ive heard like 3 people say they are unbeatable in that over our last 2 gatherings
I don't personally know how to do it myself, but I know someone who used the Twilight Hack/Homebrew channel to put SSB64 on his Wii. He also did it to mine, and also gave me Tetris Attack, Earthbound for the SNES, etc. If you could do this, you can play SSB64 with the gamecube controller or classic controller, and you don't need to invest in N64 systems and hunt down controllers.

I do know that an SD card is required for attempting this.

Nekomancer

Smash Journeyman
Guys, lets play more tomorrow. Or monday. My triple dorm room in allen is usually empty so you guys can come here, and we might be able to take the TV in the lounge, too. Alex, any chance you can get a ride with someone, so you can bring back my TV? We should have at least two setups...

And thanks again for taking it. No way I could have lugged it all the way back to Allen X_X

ftl

Smash Journeyman
Two TVs, including the big one. More people had cubes/wiis, I think, but there were only two TVs so no more got set up. (One brawl one melee, for most of the time). Around that many people, 8-10 or so, I think.

Re: Nekomancer -

I'd be up for playing Brawl sometime (probably pretty much near anytime while I still have time for it ;) ), but you guys play mostly melee, I'm probably not in for that, one game is enough for me for now. But hey, if anyone's up for brawl and has a setup, I'd be more than happy to join in...

Dekuschrub

Smash Master
i can play melee tomorrow if ppl want.

also neko if you want your tv youre gonna have to come get it lol

cause i dont have a ride

Nekomancer

Smash Journeyman
Hey deku, have there been any emails sent out? I haven't received any. Maybe I'm not on the mailing list. Add me plz! Thanks!

Top Bottom