• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UIUC Thread

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
Well, you had all that information in the thread, Mike. Durand was going to the twins' place, and Alex wasn't coming, so the only Melee player you could have expected was Jon, and it sounds like you're lucky he showed up. But would playing Brawl really have been worse than playing Melee 1-player, or were you just trying to make a point?

Were those two big dumb guys there? The ones who insisted on team attack off last time and thought I was an *** when I quit a Rumble Falls match?

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
So Jew Rag, have you thought about a location for "SMYM?" And do you guys know what you're gonna do about housing? I'm done housing people, and usually there is an expectation of at least some free housing.

ftl

Smash Journeyman
Colin and Jay weren't there, there was some other guy that kept insisting on items on and eventually got us to play with FSs for a while, and with random characters.

Another wii might have been nice, then we could've split up the 7 people into two. As it is, I was happy with switching out around the one Brawl TV, it worked out okay enough.

Dew Rag

Smash Ace
i might not be smashing on sat due to exams on mondays starting this week actually

so if joey needs those sigs call on friday... or i will -_-

SuperMatt

Smash Champion
i did two different ones, both multicolor, one is blue with yellow and red and the other one is pink purple yellow orange and red

durand did a picasso one with yellow and a light green one but he is redoing that, tommy did a jamaica colored one, and then durands friend did a plain red one

SuperMatt

Smash Champion
brickman, i can make you a blue and orange one if you promise to pay me back for buying a new controller from gamestop...or I could just use our RSO fund money

also, we dont have an orange color so I would have to put on red and yellow and hope they mix

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
I don't know why we made those people pay in the first place, but I think they would be very happy to find out that their money had provided Eric with a fancy troll. But Eric, wouldn't you rather have Jew colors?

Not that I know what Jew colors are.

brickman

Smash Lord
Andy, you mean mean man. We collected money so that I could get hotel lodging and first class trips to tournaments that I will lose in, not new controllers, I already have 7.

In any case, I don't really need a new controller, I just need to know that Durand, Jon, and Matt signed the god **** non-discrimination form, and if they haven't got on that ****. We need to actually put the money we collected into an account, it doesn't seem very right to have all that cash hanging around, and I don't support spending on myself or any of you kids quite yet.

With emphasis on the quite yet.

Dew Rag

Smash Ace
holy crap 7? what color controllers?

if u want a orange blue one, i guess i could give u one of mine if i can get one of urs depending on the controller

i also made a Blue/Red one based on the Red Falco color scheme and the top has the star fox symbol on it, it looks pretty awesome

SuperMatt

Smash Champion
So we got the large room upstairs for February 7th...this room is much nicer than the downstairs one because you can move crap whereever you want, it also has a huge projector screen on the stage

Every saturday was booked until at least january so this was about as soon as we could get it...she said the downstairs room is no longer available to rent

What should we do for entry fees? She said we need to pay at least 50$ for renting the room...

Also Durand make sure to update your thread with info

brickman

Smash Lord
$10 singles

$20 teams

Congrats to everyone who was involved in getting the room.

Still, I am going to be a big pain in the *** and tell everyone to call joey so that you can sign the non-discrimination form.

call him today, let him know who you are and let him know you want to sign the form

his number is 847 373 0151.

Awesome job with the room, now its time to work out the details.

Getting televisions, cubes, and housing for the people of Iowa, Missouri, Indiana, Wisconsin and Illinois.

Dew Rag

Smash Ace
Show Me Your Moves (MELEE TOURNAMENT) Feb 7th 2009

Door Fee: $5
Singles: $10
Doubles: $20

Set Ups: Gamecube + Game + TV waves door fee
Gamcube/Game only : $2

Melee Rules:
- Items: Off
- 4 stock, 8-minute timer
- Best out of 3, with finals best out of 5
-Advanced Slob Picks (after each game of a set):
1. Loser picks stage or can randomly select a stage
2. Winner picks character
3. Loser picks character
-Double-blind picks may be called at any time.
-Dave's Stupid Rule: You may not pick the last stage where you won in the same set.
-Iggy's Stupid Rule: You may not pause the match yourself. If you absolutely need to pause, it must be done so at the consent of your opponent.
- Stage Knock-outs: Each person knocks out one stage for the entire match (i.e., the entire best 2-out-of-3 or best 3-out-of-5). This stage must be selected at the beginning of the match, after initial characters have been chosen.
-Team Attack: On
-Life-Stealing: Allowed

- Legal Stages:
1. Singles random: Battlefield, Final Destination, Dreamland 64, Pokémon Stadium, Fountain of Dreams, Yoshi's Story
2. Doubles random: Battlefield, Final Destination, Dreamland 64, Pokémon Stadium, Yoshi's Story
3. Singles Counterpick: All singles random stages, Rainbow Cruise, Corneria, Brinstar, Mute City, Poké Floats, Kongo Jungle 64
4. Doubles Counterpick: All doubles random stages, Rainbow Cruise, Corneria, Brinstar, Poké Floats, Kongo Jungle 64

Other Rules & Special Issues:
- Controller mods of any kind (short-hop mod, L-trigger mod, etc.) are prohibited
- Stupid Fastliketree Rule: Throwing round-robin matches may be grounds for disqualification.
- Turbo or programmed buttons of any kind are prohibited.
- No stalling or otherwise preventing completion of a game or match
- Wobbling is BANNED

NOTE: Any attempt to cheat or otherwise hinder another player's ability to play will result in disqualification from this tournament and all further Purdue tournaments

Does this seem good?
do we also want crew battles?

SuperMatt

Smash Champion
we need to schedule an AIM chat at some point or something

also, eric can you just like tell joey to drop the form off at my house? or give me his address? then i can pass it out saturday or go around to people's doors and get their johnny hancocks

brickman

Smash Lord
matt, his number is 847 373 0151, give him a call and ask to get it. Make sure jon gets it as well, I'm not sure if Durand has signed it today or not. Call and make sure

matt give me your #, I think you the only person who's number I don't have.

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
I don't suppose anyone has a bullhorn? Maybe I'll rent one and reimburse myself from the venue fees.

No yelling the way I always end up doing, not at a big tourney like this.

Dew Rag

Smash Ace
how bout we worry about that stuff later and figure out everything else now ... =_=

though buying a bullhorn for the club is not a bad idea

Top Bottom