• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UIUC Thread

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
So many people now, we need a local player power ranking.

Half of us main falcon, lol

:phone:

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I don't even know how many people we have in our community

bertbusdriver

Smash Ace
bertbusdriver - CF
jackmaster - CF
PPV - CF
sirlaser - CF
goolick - CF(doesn't claim to be a CF main anymore just because everyone else is one..)
tbhuang - CF
Ripple - Roy
Me14k - Peach
PseudoTurtle - Ganon
Battlecow - Peach
Tuxington - Roy (Inactive due to starcraft, LoL and being a CS grad student)
PSICaramel - Luigi
Durand - Samus or whatever the hell. Not even sure what he mains anymore

ok just about half. no highish tier mains besides CF and Peach though :/

I have the feeling i missed someone on this list... i hope not. i don't hate you if i missed you. Out of the guys listed on the above list, tbhuang, goolick, and battlecow will be gone after this semester or summer. I'll be gone after December 2012.

btw we're getting 2 incoming freshmen from my hometown that are around my level. my cousin, a ganon main, and his friend, a falcon main.

Universal_Man

Smash Rookie
bertbusdriver - CF
jackmaster - CF
PPV - CF
sirlaser - CF
goolick - CF(doesn't claim to be a CF main anymore just because everyone else is one..)
tbhuang - CF
Ripple - Roy
Me14k - Peach
PseudoTurtle - Ganon
Battlecow - Peach
Tuxington - Roy (Inactive due to starcraft, LoL and being a CS grad student)
PSICaramel - Luigi
Durand - Samus or whatever the hell. Not even sure what he mains anymore
I guess you should add a Link main to that list :)

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
Awwww yea, its gonna be good to have a fellow ganon main at uiuc.

And itll be good to have another main here, seeing as we dont have much link practice.

Now... tim, are you still down to drive to purdue this weekend?

Dew Rag

Smash Ace
should just put me in as inactive due to work and study. though if anyone is willing to call and come over to my apartment, I am always willing to play. And yeah, I have no idea what my main is.

Maybe I should just put my setup in my studio so people can come in whenever and just play with me on campus rofl.

speaking of smash some old smash player visited campus yesterday lol, reminded me I want to play even though I cant. sigh.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I'm free tonight if anyone wants to play.

get some good practice for purdue

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
smash at my place then, instead of cramped dorm rooms. starting at any point until midnight probably

512 s. 3rd

right across from scott park, come to the south entrance

edit: I forgot I have no GC or wii right now so unless someone brings all that, my place is useless

tbhuang2

Smash Apprentice
I'm down to play tonight, preferably if we start early cuz I gotta go at 9ish.

Also Joe, thanks but I can't take all the credit lol. As I said, other people will be able to drive too lol. Last time we discussed at Kevin's I think we will need 2 cars

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
Hahaha either way, thanks in advance to WHOEVER can drive. You are a huge help.

Ripple: i can bring my wii + game, cords, etc. Only problem is i cant start til probably around 9 lol sorry tim.

Sounds good. See you then

sirlaser

Smash Journeyman
Has anyone noticed this? Top 5 Falcons in the world are all passably handsome...except for S2J, who's a chubby asian w/ glasses.
Ironic since he's probably the best right now.

bertbusdriver

Smash Ace
Has anyone noticed this? Top 5 Falcons in the world are all passably handsome...except for S2J, who's a chubby asian w/ glasses.
Ironic since he's probably the best right now.
hax$ has done more on a national level i think. genesis 2 was the only big tourney were s2j outplaced him. then again, s2j has been on the rise whereas hax has been kinda quiet since APEX. I think he took m2k to a 5 games at a NY local in Feb or March. The vids were recorded on a camera phone though... Eager to see the s2j -m2k NYTE GFs.

as far as top 5 looking good....

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
Alright guys, LETS DISCUSS PURDUE. I talked to blake (ripple) and he said he is going and can drive. Also, tim said he was up for driving as well.

That is a total of 2 cars and we probably don't need any more than that. Just post on the boards if you are going or not so we can plan this **** out. Also, do we need to pre-reg? I looked on the tournament page and couldn't find anything saying we do.

Lanceinthepants

Smash Lord
Alright guys, LETS DISCUSS PURDUE. I talked to blake (ripple) and he said he is going and can drive. Also, tim said he was up for driving as well.

That is a total of 2 cars and we probably don't need any more than that. Just post on the boards if you are going or not so we can plan this **** out. Also, do we need to pre-reg? I looked on the tournament page and couldn't find anything saying we do.
Haha no need to pre reg, just show up with your money.

Also we are gonna try to do some crews at this, either purdue vs champaign or draft crews.

bertbusdriver

Smash Ace
me and jack are in for sure. Try to say if you can bring a setup or not. I'm guessing we can fit 4 setups in 2 cars at most.

Confirmed list so far:
bert (1 setup)
jack
ripple
tim
joe

People: 5
Setups: 1

Assuming ripple has a sedan, we have room for 10 ppl. Jack also has a car and is willing to drive if necessary, so we can definitely bring everyone. (Max capcity is 15 ppl w/ 3 sedans)

Update the list as you post so I don't have to.

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
Haha no need to pre reg, just show up with your money.

Also we are gonna try to do some crews at this, either purdue vs champaign or draft crews.

Haha for sure man, I would love to do some crew battles. You a student at purdue?

And kevin, I can for sure bring:
A) wii + game
B) power strip

Unfortunately, I can't bring my tv seeing as it's huge and most likely won't fit in the car. If we find a way to do it, then I'm all for it.

Bibi, can we bring your tv by any chance?

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
Also, at ripple: thanks a lot for taking the time to upload all those videos. I'm gonna look through them all and analyze everything. At this point you can still annihilate me with any character, but I'm getting retardedly better.

sirlaser

Smash Journeyman
I've got a nasty cold+fever right now, so probably nothing this weekend for me. But I can lend out the small tube if someone's willing to come to Triangle and pick it up.
Question for Ripple: how broken would Roy be if his counter came out on frame 1? (Just a thought)

Battlecow

Play to Win
I can't come to purdue guys, that's the night of my prom and my gf would actually kill me if I missed it.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
Also, at ripple: thanks a lot for taking the time to upload all those videos. I'm gonna look through them all and analyze everything. At this point you can still annihilate me with any character, but I'm getting retardedly better.
no problem

Question for Ripple: how broken would Roy be if his counter came out on frame 1? (Just a thought)
un****ing believable. jump OOS>counter to beat spacie shield pressure, react to anything ganon does, peach can pressure him, falcon can't grab>Knee. as he is right now, he can't do anything until frame 9

also, I only have a ford taurus. so I have room for 4 people. and I can bring a t.v.

Master Ppv

Smash Journeyman
So I've been completely inactive for a while now thanks to my ENG 198 project essentially taking over my life for the last week or so... Seriously, I've been up until at least 3 A.M. every night since Sunday... But anyway, that project will wrap up on Monday, and once next week's midterms are out of the way, I should be down to play much more often. Too bad the project will keep me from being able to go to Purdue this weekend though. Good luck in the crew battle, guys.

Also, Joe, I still need those videos whenever you can get them to me. Just upload them to Filesmelt once you have them compressed. And actually, you can just put them up uncompressed if you want; I won't care and can compress them myself if I really need to :p

Top Bottom