• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UIUC Thread

sirlaser

Smash Journeyman
So I picked up Marth recently. Now maybe we'll have a slightly more diverse field to practice with, even if I still end up losing to you guys most of the time.
Also, Project M: Demo 2 party sometime next weekend. Needs to happen.

tbhuang2

Smash Apprentice
I didn't do so hot, but at least I wasn't messing up much tech skill/combos much. All of my losses were 0-2 but I shouldn't have lost so many counter-picks.. I had several 1-2 stock leads but lost them D: It was a great experience though. Now I need more experience :)
BTW my handle was Scooter Valentine

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
So I picked up Marth recently. Now maybe we'll have a slightly more diverse field to practice with, even if I still end up losing to you guys most of the time.
Also, Project M: Demo 2 party sometime next weekend. Needs to happen.

you should stay marth because I'm sticking with jiggs

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
I did very very poorly, but played pretty decently for me. Whatever lol. I actually beat somebody, so my goal was met and im satisfied.

Major accomplishment: Successfully chain grabbed a sheik twice and only lost 2 stocks in crew battles, while taking two from the sheik. Then only took one from lance's luigi while he wrecked the hell out of me haha.

sirlaser

Smash Journeyman
Dew Rag: I am, probably. Got an internship with UIUC and will most likely take it.
Ripple: Huh?
Joe: Looks like that chaingrab 20 min chaingrab practice w/ Link paid off.

sirlaser

Smash Journeyman
So...that leaves...24 out of 26 characters in Melee. Congratulations, Azen of Champaign, You're certainly better than everyone else here. And I'm sure your Fox can kick my *** (even though that's not saying anything, no offense).

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
The university of illinois is a falcon breeding ground. As a ganon main, this frustrates me. But it will pay off in the long run when i overtake darkrain at a future smym due to the ridiculous amount of falcon practice... and when i do (which is most definitely inevitable), i will have all of you to thank.

2MUCHFALCON

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
Who wants to smash this week and when? Ill be down to play any day of the week unless I tell people otherwise.

Also, joe do you have a teammate for FC?

:phone:

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I am going to turn you into a doubles monster

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I have a feeling we could do extremely well, as long as you have a passion for learning and wanting to win.

PseudoTurtle

Smash Champion
Dude, I've been practicing my tech skill all day lol. I'd say that I have a pretty strong determination to become good at this game.

All I know is that you had better get some serious practice in with dart the summer before FC!
Also, is jiggs ganon a good team?

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
although I think I would have to be the aggressor in the team LOL

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
Don't worry oro, ill still troll you with roy

:phone:

Battlecow

Play to Win
I can't do tonight

gah so busy whyyyyyyyyy

I gotta start smashing with you guys more before you all LEAVE for the summer though. I don't think I've even played you yet, ripple.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
don't worry about it, I'm free everyday after 3 unless I say otherwise

Dew Rag

Smash Ace
Hrm I should play ripple sometime. Still haven't played you even though I remember hearing about you back in the day from 5150 and Big D lol.

tbhuang2

Smash Apprentice
I can smash starting 3:30-4ish (whenever my lab section ends), but i've got friends visiting for the weekend so i can only play till 7ish maybe (they don't play smash :c)

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I can smash starting 3:30-4ish (whenever my lab section ends), but i've got friends visiting for the weekend so i can only play till 7ish maybe (they don't play smash :c)
how are they even considered friends then?

Top Bottom