• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UCSD Winter Smash II - January 12th & 13th, 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zephyr

Smash Lord
I don't even want to think about how many ways that team can annihilate itself. XD

araknophobik

Smash Master
wait is atlus coming to this? if so i call dibs on atlus
and ryan ill talk to my friend but if the 3 of us roll down there together im sure he'd let us crash with him

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
lol at the St. Pat fan club. The best part of it is that he can't even go to smashboards on his computer, so he won't even read this lol. I'll let him know oon AIM i guess

Dreamhack - I updated the first page over a week ago haha. Sign ups are at 12

Zephyr

Smash Lord
Lol, I wasn't dissing your team or your skills. Falco and Mario are just not exactly the best combination. XD

Ian

Smash Ace
I really wanna check out UCSD to see it as a school I really hope I can make it down there and have some fun as well... I definitely would need housing ^.^ it's not final but I'll find out if I can make it tomorrow

Vitin

Smash Cadet
mmm do you have to play in the doubles to be able to play in the singles??

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
Vitin, yes you must enter both.

I'm rpobably goin to lower the entry fee for singles to 5 bucks since most UCSD smashers aren't willing to pitch the 10. I also have an idea of a progressive buy-in. 5 bucks for singles, then if you make brackets 5 bucks more to raise the stakes, i guess. Lemme know what you guys think about that, or if I should just stick to the straight out 10 dollar buy-in.

KO-M

Smash Cadet
So Starcraft will be running simultanously? Do we like bring our labtops/Computers? If anoyone wants to practicie some Starcraft BW im up for a challenge :D

DreamHack619

Smash Ace
Vitin, yes you must enter both.

I'm rpobably goin to lower the entry fee for singles to 5 bucks since most UCSD smashers aren't willing to pitch the 10. I also have an idea of a progressive buy-in. 5 bucks for singles, then if you make brackets 5 bucks more to raise the stakes, i guess. Lemme know what you guys think about that, or if I should just stick to the straight out 10 dollar buy-in.
Yeah AZN that sounds like a good idea the longer you stay the more you have to put in the pot...... because you know some ppl are gonna be cheap and arent gonna wanna put in the 10 bucks in for the pot.

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
for major tournaments, it should be $10. this tournament is going to be amazing and i'm sad i have to miss it, but i would gladly pay $10.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Since its pools, people should pay $10.

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
Mango speaks truth, I'll still be organizing everything but he's running the show. G'luck Mango haha

EDIT: Alright I'm leaving the $10.00 singles in place. A lot UCSD students though 10 was too extreme when they knew they would just be eliminated in pools, so with an ID they can get in for 5. But if they make it outta pools they have to pay an additional 5 to continue.

festizzio

Smash Champion
People

I will DQ people

!!!!

i mean it:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
You better not DQ me Mango.

Edit: I need housing. :) Can anyone help me out?

Edit*: I have 3 spots in my car to drive people, if you're on the way then I can pick you up, $15 a person.

ResidentWaffle

Smash Lord
EDIT: Festtizio has 3 open spots in his car. In order our trip to work we need 3 people willing to pay 15$, also we need housing near ucsd. We know it's expensive already but we don't wanna waste gas making two trips both days back and forth, someone please house us San Diego is pretty far!

Zephyr

Smash Lord
My SC name is MarkoRamius, go ahead and hit me up on AIM at R Zephyr 09 if you wanna play sometime.

ResidentWaffle

Smash Lord
Gas is expensive and because our car does not get the best millage and San Diego is far(Cali is really big) we need to charge 15$, were not trying to screw people over. Although the price may be negotiable within if dollars if your desperate, but if someone really needs a ride we can provide it.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
I've gone back and forth from SD to Riverside and Anaheim (roughly the same distance/time) areas about 150 times over the past 4 years. I know the exact price, in my 4 cylinder Mitsubishi, the round trip price at 3.10 a gallon is exactly 20 dollars. Let's be conservative and DOUBLE the price I usually pay (to make up for anyone going further or getting worse gas mileage) and let's say it's 40 dollars. 40 divided by 5 people is eight dollars a person. But then there are five people in the car the gas mileage does get worse, and you are from LA, but still..even then 15..that's quite alot :p

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
I'm gonna borrow the mages' rule for DQing

Brackets:
2 minutes late - Warning
4 minutes late - Loss of match
6 minutes late - Loss of set

Pools:
If your pool finishes and you haven't played any matches and are not present, you forfeit all of you pool matches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom