• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UCSD Winter Game Fest '10 - January 16th-17th 2010 - Melee & Brawl

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
I do play tetris DS, I'm pretty good at it but I prefer the computer setup I have...

my starcraft micro is awful though, don't even go there

Untrust Us

Smash Journeyman
untrust us: i have your tv and rf adapter. lemme know when/where you can pick it up. we definitely appreciated having the additional setup for sunday, sorry it's kind of inconvenienced you
Cool, thanks for holding it on for me. You go to UCSD right? I'll just pick it up there maybe on monday. (i'll let you know if I can't do monday)

Here is my formal apology to anyone who was in my pools, TO organizers and everyone. I haven't been to such a big tournament before and to be honest I was really confused on where I was supposed to be going, and what I was supposed to be doing. I signed up for Melee singles and Brawl singles(no idea why I signed up for brawl lol). smash "pools" was a fairly new concept for me since the last tournament I went to had brackets but not pools (example vs example, play your match, report etc.). I spent 15 minutes looking for my melee pools' table only to realize my pool was in the second round so my pool wasn't called yet (I was pool 7), because I signed up for Brawl singles as well, my Brawl pool was announced and I went to play (got owned) and in around the second match of the pool, my Melee pool was announced so I left to play in the Melee pool. I had no idea how pools worked so I just played and let the other guy fill in the stuff on the paper but that was it. I was confused and didn't know who else to play with so I walked back and forth from my Brawl pool to my Melee pool. I got frustrated and just said "**** it" and didn't come back to my pools and just started watching people play. I'm terribly sorry if I messed anyone up in my pool(s) because "Untrust Us" never showed up.

I recently started playing Melee and would like to continue playing Melee in future tournaments and smashfests :p

P.S. if you play smash 64, let me know!

P.P.S. the guy I played in the Melee pools, you wrecked me! nice Fox. Oh and it was nice teaming with you Atlus, when we played teams with Connor and Psychomidget.

chiZZLeSD

Smash Lord
uhhh... tbh i'd be pretty boring to play against... sc is the only game i have, and probably ever will play defensive in. i dunno why .. i love playing aggressive in everything, but for some reason, in RTSs defense seems to work better for me lol. plus... i havent REALLY played in so long, you'd probably rush the **** out of me every time

D

Deleted member

no they aren't

top 3 players (no particular order): flash (terran), jaedong (zerg), and.... very hard to say for current 3rd spot

Atlus8

Smash Master
I remember when Lovage, Pat and I saw starcraft vids together . . . it f***en sucked! Especially matches that were commentated by this f***en annoying a$$whole that had to say EVERYTHING that was going on!

embracethe12

Smash Lord
flash has been domnating all of MST
it's only the recent shinhan proleague he started losing some sets

jaedongs been getting ****ed up all new year
this just broke his losing streak

ycz12

Smash Ace
Super-late shoutouts, lol.

Zephyr: Fun playing with you. Our pools match was intense; I think I'm getting better against fastfallers. Wasn't expecting to win against your Falcon in the MM, lol; maybe stick to Fox? >_>
Lan: Your Marth is still too good. Stop playing Brawl+ :D
LHG: Jeez, you got a lot better. I guess I'll have to step it up again...
rus s0ul: Friendlies after the tourney were tons of fun, your Marth is awesome (u-throw bair fair fair fsmash? what?).
Connor: Congrats on singles! We almost had you in that teams match... >_>
Eric Ding: Your spacing is really good; get better at nonstandard matchups and you'll be amazing.
Mason: Argh, Jiggs dittos... good games, get some practice and maybe we'll play again sometime.
Typh: lol
Atlus: Your Falco is beastly. ggs
Fly Amanita: Congrats on double cash but WHO ARE YOU
Julian: Fun MM; Jiggs ditto was awesome. Mango should've gone Cruise, am I right?
Azn_Lep: Nice job in teams, thanks for another excellent tournament!

Hopefully this isn't my last WGF, but if it is, it was a great way to go out. See you all later!

bruceleeland

Smash Apprentice
flash has been domnating all of MST
it's only the recent shinhan proleague he started losing some sets

jaedongs been getting ****ed up all new year
this just broke his losing streak
yeah i think flash is going to take the number one spot soon.

D

Deleted member

i was going off december rankings when flash was fourth but he is 2nd now. But there are 4 zerg players in the top 5 so zerg is dominating right now.

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=109236

its not really domination, except for the top 2.

The KESPA rankings are based on your total accomplishments from the last 12 months, with less weight being placed on stuff that happened earlier, but they still consider it

For example, Calm, while very good, isn't a top tier player. His winning the previous starleague (individual, hard tournment although he had a stupid opponent for the finals) propels him to top 5 status despite the fact that he is getting owned for the last few months

Effort was winning a crap ton of matches but he is great at getting owned in starleagues. I think he has a lot of potential though but doesn't belong in top 5 at the moment

Kwanro got 2nd place to Calm and is an overly aggressive, almost one strategy player who shoves zerglings up the butt of his opponents early on to **** them.

bottom line is don't take that KESPA elo ranking too seriously although they did get the top 2 correct

--

I'd suggest the power rankings from TL (mid right) but they have some extremely questionable picks (Stork 2nd even though he got his ****ING *** ***** )

bruceleeland

Smash Apprentice
its not really domination, except for the top 2.

The KESPA rankings are based on your total accomplishments from the last 12 months, with less weight being placed on stuff that happened earlier, but they still consider it

For example, Calm, while very good, isn't a top tier player. His winning the previous starleague (individual, hard tournment although he had a stupid opponent for the finals) propels him to top 5 status despite the fact that he is getting owned for the last few months

Effort was winning a crap ton of matches but he is great at getting owned in starleagues. I think he has a lot of potential though but doesn't belong in top 5 at the moment

Kwanro got 2nd place to Calm and is an overly aggressive, almost one strategy player who shoves zerglings up the butt of his opponents early on to **** them.

bottom line is don't take that KESPA elo ranking too seriously although they did get the top 2 correct

--

I'd suggest the power rankings from TL (mid right) but they have some extremely questionable picks (Stork 2nd even though he got his ****ING *** ***** )
aight fosho thanks for the info! I greatly appreciate it! But yeah I remember seeing stork lose to jaedong in some final. :]

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
Stork has reputation and a few years' worth of solid performances backing him up, although that shouldn't really factor into the CURRENT power ranking.

embracethe12

Smash Lord
aight fosho thanks for the info! I greatly appreciate it! But yeah I remember seeing stork lose to jaedong in some final. :]
if you're talking about recently
flash beat stork in an upset lol
flash usually gets dominated by stork cause toss is his worst matchup

i don't think a stork vs jaedong has happened since last august

SA2Jeff

Smash Apprentice
if anyone wants to play me on iccup. hit me up. my aim is JdragoonLsi.

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
No there isn't an official smash club that plays here but there are a few players that either live together or play on a regular basis so I'd hit them up. PBS and junkimchi would be the guys to get in touch with. As far as running these tournaments, it's basically just me. Sixth college tech committee gives me the opprotunity to use the ballroom once a year so I usually jump on that.

Lancestern I'll get that up sometime when I'm not too lazy haha

Bizzarro Flame

Smash Lord
No there isn't an official smash club that plays here but there are a few players that either live together or play on a regular basis so I'd hit them up. PBS and junkimchi would be the guys to get in touch with. As far as running these tournaments, it's basically just me. Sixth college tech committee gives me the opprotunity to use the ballroom once a year so I usually jump on that.

Lancestern I'll get that up sometime when I'm not too lazy haha
Thanks for the response mang

Top Bottom