• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UCLA VII: AVALANCHE - was too good, does no one do shout-outs anymore? WOW

araknophobik

Smash Master
GO GETTA GO GETTA GO GETTAAAAAAAAAA

in the club u see a bad *****
pourin out
yea ya dam right im a
ya dam right im a...
go getta
go getta!
Enemy of the state, they calling him Will Smith
Thing on my side, you can call that Jada
Them boys talking down, yeah we call them haters
I'm balling right now so we'll get to that later
I be the first to admit I'm such an alcoholic
Only blow the good ****, yeah that wuchumacallit
aha

anyone wanna make side bets on results of rom's money matches? (haha i luv making making off rom's matches)
haha i'll never forget when david told me of him betting $20 on Romeo vs Aesis
he was like "****, romeo almost lost! i was scared and was going to sneak out a back door, i didn't have $20 on me" ahaha that was the closest set ive ever seen in my life

EzynJAY

Smash Lord
go getta
go getta!
Enemy of the state, they calling him Will Smith
Thing on my side, you can call that Jada
Them boys talking down, yeah we call them haters
I'm balling right now so we'll get to that later
I be the first to admit I'm such an alcoholic
Only blow the good ****, yeah that wuchumacallit
aha

he was like "****, romeo almost lost! i was scared and was going to sneak out a back door, i didn't have $20 on me" ahaha that was the closest set ive ever seen in my life

music is 2 good

Aesis

Smash Ace
Wasn't that close in crew battle XDDDD <--talking ****

xDARKLINKx

Smash Ace
Wasn't that close in crew battle XDDDD <--talking ****

LOL stupid ****, i didnt even wanna play in the crew battle i almost chose dk.

but our tournament set though that was nice, i wasnt playing that good i was ***** up alot but dam i saw you were playin the best game youve ever played in your life, good try man it was close.

N1c2k3

Smash Lord
****, good thing I do myself a favor and check the boards every so often. Almost forgot about this shiz...

Haze: I just posted in the Sherman Oaks thread, forgetting 'bout this on Sat. Rev-MM. $10, step it up. Or twice the amount we played for before, of which I don't remember atm. But I'd prefer 10. :)

Rom: MM any of your 2ndaries for $3 or something?

Aesis: Let's practice tomorrow or Fri, lemme know...

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
MM against your Luigi, or a different character?

Dark_Fire

Smash Ace
It's a shame I didn't hear about these monthlies sooner. Hopefully they won't be ending anytime soon.

I live in Culver City (not far from UCLA) and I've been thinking about going to another tournament soon...and lo and behold, UCLA monthlies. I'll probably be coming to each one, and if needed I can bring my wii + smash.

Hope you see you all there. I want a lot of matches :).

Oh, and if anyone wants to smash with me that lives around the LA area, feel free to pm me so we can play (I usually don't have a ride :mad: so it's hard for me to travel anywhere outside walking distance. But you can come over to my house or meet at the local game store and play there.)

nublet06

Smash Lord
wow i see that everyone wants to get ***** my pikachu on its debut huh? well like i said. if i win against romeo or agaisnt JTB ill do more money matches. but if i lose. ill have to cut it off before i lose too much money :p.

DARK FIRE!!! this guy is pretty crazy i played him at a bi weekly.

LuCKy

Smash Master
BTW... lol...

I'm banning Wobbles from the tournament.
I mean the IC Infinite, not the player...
lol really? your that afraid of the infinite lol i need to get wobbled to find out what is so cheap about it:chuckle:

Shmooguy

Smash Champion
Wobbles is too good though. How boring is it to play against ICs if you aren't scared of getting grabbed? imo smash is more fun that way. might as well ban chaingrabbing.

But i can't make it, so whatevs =P

xDARKLINKx

Smash Ace
hahah wow yea i love running around like a ***** cuz i dont want to get grabbed from 0-99fukin9.

chain grabbing can only be done at certain percentages up to another certain percent and is much more escapable than wobbles, not even close to the same thing. Wobbles is a grab that can work from 0- till whenever they want if theyre good enough.

emerican

Smash Ace
-you play sheik, kira... they can cg you with only 1 ic, lol. all the pro sheik/ic matches are "chicken ****, run away for an hour" matches.. BORING AS F#!@

anyways, i agree with rom. its pretty lame if you have to rely on wobbles to win.

nublet06

Smash Lord
i think the infinite is annoying. but at the same time it makes people better to learn how to not get grabbed. and its def not rigged.

for all the people who have ever said no johns....i say the ininfite should be allowed.

but aesis is the man and can do whatever he wants at his own tournament.

hopefully i win some money matches so i can do more. but i dont want to lose more than 5 bucks in mm lol.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Nick and Neal are going to come and own everyone with the Wobble :p

Aesis

Smash Ace
hahah wow yea i love running around like a ***** cuz i dont want to get grabbed from 0-99fukin9.

chain grabbing can only be done at certain percentages up to another certain percent and is much more escapable than wobbles, not even close to the same thing. Wobbles is a grab that can work from 0- till whenever they want if theyre good enough.
You ever been Wobbled, Kira?

It sucks, especially when you're about to win the match and your last stock is basically mashing a controller because you're getting wobbled and there is nothing you can do about it...
it's like doing some MvC2 combo in Smash cept less flashy and significantly less cool

It's a UCLA tourney. That means no unnecessary bull****. XD

Shmooguy

Smash Champion
Well yeah if you're watching it's boring. I'm probably the only person who doesn't mind being wobbled, but i think its way more intense if you can't get grabbed.

I understand if you're banning it, no worries, but it just means you're a noob who can't avoid grabs :cry: =P

Edit: I think Azn_Lep is the only one who wobbles, and it's still possible for people to beat him, as proven at the last two triweeklies. Nick doesnt wobble, neal doesnt wobble.... socal doesnt have any other ICs. Maybe lucky but he doesnt use them in tourney. And he can't wobble.

BeatOfAzia

Smash Apprentice
Id have to say that infinites are gay lol.... Esecially in MVC2 lol... dude mcrusty... i use to be really good at mvc2 but then I realized how gay i was being by infinite combo'ing everyone to win... or getting infinite combo'd by my enemy... it was ridiculous

lol i forgot u were gonna steal my pic chet!!!
well I guess...

BoA = Pikachu
Vince = Marth

rofl.... except my pic looks way too funny!!! LoL lmao thankz for that bday present Silent Brettzzz =) haha and Mackyz !!! who reads smashboards too!!! lol

EzynJAY

Smash Lord
LOL dammmmm burn but i guess aesis is banning it because hes a shiek so when i hold my own tourney i should ban shieks grab cuz im marth lolz

Top Bottom