• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UCLA VII: AVALANCHE - was too good, does no one do shout-outs anymore? WOW

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
now I just have to play edrees because I've heard he's amazing at melee AND WAS PLAYING BUT I DIDN"T GET TO :(:(:(:(:(
Unfortunately I lost all my skills the past 7-8 months of not playing. But, whenever theres setups around I will practice and play, I think I can regain it with enough practice. I'm like a fourth of the way there from the UCLA tourney :) replicate lets play next time though!

Oh and you can practice your matchups as Peach =)

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
oooh, i totally forgot about this thread. i don't know most of u guys coz this was only my 2nd tourney but fun stuff, lol. ;o

$ick

Smash Lord
So since there is like 10 pages of spam with a few important posts in between... Where are the matches that got recorded? And what were full results?

^^ That's only for Melee. :)

MaNg0

Smash Hero
Shoutouts -

Melee Community god dam i love u guys so much <3

brawl community doesnt do shoutouts =P

and i like how at the end of a brawl tourney no ones

there because they all left unlike at the end of melee

everyones there playing friendlies getting ready

too good eat ^_____________^

The Game II

Smash Champion
So since there is like 10 pages of spam with a few important posts in between... Where are the matches that got recorded? And what were full results?

^^ That's only for Melee. :)
Julian posted a few videos about 30 seconds after they happened, he's a beast.

/hylianlord I think

--GCII

The calm tyrant...

Smash Ace
wow, wtf is going on? Teba losing to Tyrant? What's next? Futile losing to Futile?
LOL i was really lucky when i beat teba bcuz he didn't go D3

and i almost beat futile but i started playing dumb and he's futile lolz :)

But i kinda didn't like how once i got into the losers bracket i had to fight teba again??

can someone explain to me why that happened?

tmacattack202

Smash Cadet
Brawls weak! The tourny was ****.... Shout out 2 everyone who attended YEEEEE YEEEE

-Nima(jigs from rside)

The Game II

Smash Champion
I probably won't be posting videos until Saturday, and that's a stretch. It could be 2 weeks.

My computer's getting upgraded tonight and I won't have it back until the weekend, but after that, I'm at a Madden tourney and SC4 tourney.

Julian did a lot of melee videos I believe.

tyrant: yeah, that's unfortunate that you got hit with double jeopardy, but that's up to the TOs. That stuff should be avoided unless it's impossible.

--GCII

Charoo

Smash Champion
LOL i was really lucky when i beat teba bcuz he didn't go D3

and i almost beat futile but i started playing dumb and he's futile lolz :)

But i kinda didn't like how once i got into the losers bracket i had to fight teba again??

can someone explain to me why that happened?
teba wanted to go "serious business" mode so he make sure that u were gonna play him again in losers haha jk

good stuff aesis. Wish I could have went but exam was too much for me. Next time I guess. UCLA VIII: Adrian's Revenge?

Ultra Luigi

Smash Ace
UCLA is always too good. I’m glad to see a lot of old faces again, and it was crazy seeing Arash again.

Hugs ***** in Melee, watching him makes me want to go back to playing Melee again.

Thanks Mio for Melee doubles. Sorry for being so bad.

I got Saturdays off now instead of Sundays so I might be attending more tournaments now.

ROFL and Champ suck for not going. Nah I'm kidding but I'd like to see you guys eventually.

The calm tyrant...

Smash Ace
teba wanted to go "serious business" mode so he make sure that u were gonna play him again in losers haha jk

good stuff aesis. Wish I could have went but exam was too much for me. Next time I guess. UCLA VIII: Adrian's Revenge?
Lmao that would be so mean if he did lolz

and gg's to ultra luigi!!! your freaking luigi is soooo good!!!

ROFL

Smash Journeyman
that happens a lot when good people get sent to losers bracket.

people just dont notice it much because most people who go to losers bracket early, leave losers bracket early.

its just how tio and the tournament gods decided things to happen. tournament hosts dont make up the next matches.

sorry ultra :(

San Diego Reaper

Smash Journeyman
Neighborhood P:
san diego reaper: if you want me to be honest, i was sandbagging really hard in that first match just so it would increase my chances of a future mm. when it comes to melee, i am all business, all hard gay. noobs like you gotta learn the hard way. if i was as good as DSF, i would be the DSF of smash. you know, sickest flow, i got that
(dunno how to quote parts of posts)

Didn't I tell you, if mango wanted to moneymatch, i would moneymatch him. I dont mm you expecting to make money or win. So, sandbagging is only making it harder for me to get better. Next time dont freakin sandbag, ill mm you anyways. But if you keep sandbagging, ill mm people who are actually gonna help me get better.

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
well it's not like i actually went in like, "hey, san diego reaper is money matching me! i'm going to sandbag hard just to mind game him!" it was just a combination of things: i didn't really care , i naturally sandbag against people worse than me because i want them to play hard and make me try, whatever. next time if you want me to try my hardest, tell me before hand or make it a four stock mm.

that or you could just ask me, "hey do you want to play me for a bit and tell me things to improve on," i do that for free ;)

honestly i used to get on people all the time for sandbagging, i thought it was gay and that people should always try their hardest. but it's just way too much work for too little reward -- only money motivates me. but you should understand if a $1 mm against a character i never lose to doesn't fully motivate me.

N1c2k3

Smash Lord
'Grats to Atlus/Lucky. I actually walked away knowing you were gonna win, LoL good job guys. :lick:

Thanks Alan again for doing this service for the community, and especially for Melee's sake. We need more ppl like you around. Have a great time in Italy; it's a fun place I'm sure you'll love it. :)

Thanks to Pat for the continuted weekend fests and putting up with my shenanigans, even though he's a jerk. :lick:

Good seeing everyone there again. Really hope I can actually spend a full day at a tourny one of these times to hang out w/you guys (Palmdale and SD specially) Oh well...:ohwell:

'Bout dem full results? :confused:

And plz tell me Glen recorded some of the Melee matches?

embracethe12

Smash Lord
lol
come on guys
have you really not subscribed to hylianlord on youtube yet?

even people people not from socal/norcal
know that zhu gets those matches up like a pro any tourney he goes to.

I watched a lot of the tourney matches on his laptop than behind the players because there was too much of a crowd to see sometimes (god **** melee is too good)

zhu uploads while he records.
as in he has the youtube upload box uploading match one of the set while match 2 is still recording.

zhu beast lmao

Shout outs:

Lovage: ****ing ****.

Hugo: Thanks for the friendlies.

JDM: So quiet, yet so ****

Zhu: Running around trying to get food at the last minute was too good. We should have got that rice. -_-

Lucky: Fun friendly earlier

Festizzio: Haven't seen you in ages. GG's man

Plan 9: **** KFC!!

Edrees: Shout out just because. Nice guy. You're awesome.

Mike Haze: Still didn't get to play you lol

Cornbeef: I hope you didn't mind that I was falling asleep while I was playing you. >_>

Bone: For making realize that i'm a terrible players and need to practice. ^_^

Rina-Chan: <3

Aesis: Thanks for the tournament and the friendlies.

And everyone else I couldn't remember.

Top Bottom