• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UCLA VII: AVALANCHE - was too good, does no one do shout-outs anymore? WOW

Kouryuu

Smash Champion
lmao get ***** Corey U.
why'd you pick FD AGAIINNNNN
So I can chain throw your *** lol. And when I finally get the chance I ****in mess up like the noob I am. I hate you Joe <3.

But anyway, the next time you come down, we are going to play (be it tournament or a MM) and I am going to win. Now that I am going to train in this game regularly, your ****ed lol.

Oh btw, good quality techno makes training in Melee waaaaaay more enjoyable.

Kouryuu

Smash Champion
You guys are ********.... there is plenty to train with Peach. And Fabian, the sooner you realize there is more to Peach than just FC, the better.

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
don't be so defensive kouryuu, there was nothing worthy of calling n1ggas ******** about

and who is this voodoo noob? that's actually not a serious question, i'm just saying.

$BONE$

Smash Ace
Thats true Connor but, I can't really think of a time where I played someone who was half decent about the Peach match up to where I could abuse a CC'd downsmash. Anyone who falls for that all the time obviously can't space. Peach has spacing too believe it or not... FACT. I feel like playing Melee..

UCSD TRIWEEKLY-- this saturday people. Melee + Caotic (shameless plug).

Kouryuu

Smash Champion
Bone feels like playing Melee.. ? ****

I'll see if I can make it the tourney. If only it wasn't so far. But I'll see what I can do.

embracethe12

Smash Lord
shout outs don't happen anymore because all of the melee community see eachother regularly and we all know what we're going to say already

we're already comfortable with eachother.

we all talk to eachother and play all the time so we'd be saying the same stuffs

embracethe12

Smash Lord
lmao kira, i thought back on it and i was being a huge *****.
my fault for not realizing it and inadvertently guilt tripping
stoopid ****, i owe ya 1

Shmooguy

Smash Champion
i respect that.

but let's be honest, a lot of your high placings were due to constantly playing other san diegoans you've often played. many people were skeptical of your skill because you rarely had to test your skill against a diverse group of players. socal melee is hard because even though a certain group of players might be, in a vacuum, worse than you, you still might lose just because there are so many different styles / expertise of matchups and etc. for example, i'm pretty sure kira's taken down his fair share of peaches, and a lot of people get ***** by his style. being in a secluded area prevented a lot of that.

that said, you should play more melee.
what he's trying to say is,

you're only good against SD

and i **** you =P

and he needs more practice against peach

edit - i DON'T want this to start ****, im tired and didnt think about how what i wrote would look like. although the fact that i have to worry about people on smashboards getting butthurt over a meaningless comments is kinda bothersome

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
SHOUT OUTS:

you know sickest flow i got dat

plank: you get first because no one loves you more than i do. i'm not even good enough to use your color. one day.

hugo: hahaha i tried to play like a noob against you. it's awesome because one of the hardest things to do against you is get the middle of the stage again after you're hit off. i mind gamed you though, no johns. i rolled a lot so you'd start looking for it, then i started jumping and playing on the platforms until i could just run into the middle of the stage, and then i got to get my noob roll on again at the end. i felt accomplished, so there.

(don't take the above seriously, because i know you're still way better than me, it's just funny to give you **** and see you react to it in Old Man Tone)

aesis: wow you shoulda let me put dat ipod on da speakers. it's what the people wanted.
ps teach me how to play sheik in teams

mike haze: i actually like your fox, it looks cool when you're not camping. i think camping's the weakest part of your game if only cause it makes you predictable. if you thought about melee as much as you apparently think about brawl you'd be way better in melee than brawl

rom: dude i bought some chili dogs with your money, and **** they tasted soooo good

oh yeah, i watched your set vs zhu and now i'm going to pick up falcon. gonna put that trashy fox away.

replicate: dude we are going to **** so hard the next tourny, i'm not even kidding

whatisganon: i'm glad you got ***** in brawl, maybe you'll believe me when i tell you you're good at melee and come to more tournaments. i really want to team with you.

kira: dude i was so blown off that joint, **** was amazing pa. i wanted to play melee to see how bad i'd be.

emerican: sorry we didn't mm, but i chose to touch the sky.

kouryuu: now you probably have an idea how bad i am against peach.

BIG BLITZ BACON LETTUCE TOMATOZ

hahahaha it's funny how everyone knows about The Blitz (TM) now. you're almost famous

alex: is your style always so defensive? i never played you enough or got good enough to figure out how you won at melee, so i'm curious. someone inform me.

myself: i am most proud of my rolls. they're so nooby but only mango counters them

lucky: i am your biggest fanboy. i wish you'd take this game seriously again, but you probably need to get ***** before that happens

to that random jigglypuff from riverside, i think his name is neema or something: you have potential. i think kira is right, jigglypuff is the best character to learn the game with. someone convince me to pick up jiggs

san diego reaper: if you want me to be honest, i was sandbagging really hard in that first match just so it would increase my chances of a future mm. when it comes to melee, i am all business, all hard gay. noobs like you gotta learn the hard way. if i was as good as DSF, i would be the DSF of smash. you know, sickest flow, i got that

rina-chan: i didn't call you ugly, i just said you weren't hot. and you aren't, but don't fret: neither am i. embrace your averageness and make it one, and then you will be hot. /end philosophy

thanks aesis / everyone else who ran it. the more i play this game the more i learn about it, and i have two things to share:

1. bait out rolls. people love rolling out of their shield vs shield pressure after two hits. it usually goes: aerial attack into shield --> l-cancel landing --> jab or two or another ground move --> opponent rolls. watching romeo's falcon keyed me in to the importance of taking advantage of those openings and punishing hard. romeo is paying attention to all of that crap and he will **** you hard if you're careless. and there's NOTHING more **** than getting read for your roll and getting your stock *****

2. tournaments are for fun. i'll be the first to admit i take this game way too seriously but that's because i love it. but at this point in my smash career, i have a lot more fun when i don't give a **** at the tournament and just play. training is separate from the tournament, and if you worked hard preceding the tournament, it will show. but at the tournament you just let it out and you let it happen. if you did poorly, you need to train more before the tournament, not pour your heart out to try to make it up at the tournament. by that time, if it's not internalized, it never will be, and the pressure will just make you play worse.

final shout out:

nasty nate i'm glad you drove, and i hope you drive me to every tournament. homo as ****. i really don't like driving, and you might be the chillest person in smash. plus your humor is the best in the world when i'm faded. ahahaha kevin is such a perfect foil to you. i just need to put some CDs in your car or something, cause K-Roq is not the business

emerican

Smash Ace
i love how P rips everyone's head off all day long on smashboards and then he writes shoutouts and is the nicest dude ever, LOL!

good tourney guys and gals.. i miss the good ol days.

Top Bottom