• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UCLA VII: AVALANCHE - was too good, does no one do shout-outs anymore? WOW

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
i ***** festizzio with my pichu in friendlies

the great leon is an awesome teammate, his falcon knows whats up

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
nah we dont think we're good in melee, i don't anyway, i can't speak for bone ;)
the only reason you never enter melee singles is because you don't want what happened at riptide's to happen again: getting ***** by tofu after talking mad **** preceding it

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
i beat festizzio in dittos once.

pikachu dittos.

the only reason you never enter melee singles is because you don't want what happened at riptide's to happen again: getting ***** by tofu after talking mad **** preceding it
no i was going to enter yesterday, but i didn't have enough money.

$BONE$

Smash Ace
hey. we all have our days. its hard to consistently place top 5 with about 3 to 4 month gaps of ever playing melee. i guess my consistency streak is over. it was pure luck, i suppose. lul.

no but, really. the reality of it is that everyone, as in melee players are just getting/became better than me. i dont play melee anymore but, i still love the game.. i dont have an argument against any of the above. its pretty flattering that san diego reaper thinks of me and haze as great players. lol. very funny stuff. i flushed my melee dignity down the toilet long before his time unfortunately.. so, cut the guy some slack. he's just a haaappppy guy who accomplished a great thing. by beating the great bone and mike haze.

festizzio

Smash Champion
hey. we all have our days. its hard to consistently place top 5 with about 3 to 4 month gaps of ever playing melee. i guess my consistency streak is over. it was pure luck, i suppose. lul.

no but, really. the reality of it is that everyone, as in melee players are just getting/became better than me. i dont play melee anymore but, i still love the game.. i dont have an argument against any of the above. its pretty flattering that san diego reaper thinks of me and haze as great players. lol. very funny stuff. i flushed my melee dignity down the toilet already unfortunately.. so, cut the guy some slack. he's just a haaappppy guy who accomplished a great thing. by beating the great bone and mike haze.
Quit telling peaches how to play against pikachu. >_>

ok you can, but you have to tell me how to fight peach :D

MorbTheLuigi

Smash Ace
yayuhz

thanx for the ride Festizzio

EmbraceTheMorbid12 was a **** *** team XD

we got beat by the teams who got 1st and 3rd

oh well

i'm gonna start going to more Pat smashfests =]

great tourney

Aesis *****!!

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero

no but, really. the reality of it is that everyone, as in melee players are just getting/became better than me. i dont play melee anymore but, i still love the game.. i dont have an argument against any of the above. its pretty flattering that san diego reaper thinks of me and haze as great players. lol. very funny stuff. i flushed my melee dignity down the toilet long before his time unfortunately.. so, cut the guy some slack. he's just a haaappppy guy who accomplished a great thing. by beating the great bone and mike haze.
i respect that.

but let's be honest, a lot of your high placings were due to constantly playing other san diegoans you've often played. many people were skeptical of your skill because you rarely had to test your skill against a diverse group of players. socal melee is hard because even though a certain group of players might be, in a vacuum, worse than you, you still might lose just because there are so many different styles / expertise of matchups and etc. for example, i'm pretty sure kira's taken down his fair share of peaches, and a lot of people get ***** by his style. being in a secluded area prevented a lot of that.

that said, you should play more melee.

embracethe12

Smash Lord
reaper stop money matching P's sheik
and start money matching mine

=[

yeahuz morb

we took those noobs to third match
atlus and lucky get *****.

john: the moment i stop choking on third match of the set is when you guys fall.

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
shoutouts!!

Alan for hosting

socal melee community *****.

Kira for giving me a ride.

Pat <3

Mango for being like a pope after roscoes.

Vince for teaming with me

Rina for teaming with me

everyone else i forgot.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
dsf and teba.

first and second is that bad but playing teba is so ****en frusturating. i need mango training, i can't play perfect for whole set.
At least you didn't lose to leepuff and teba and get 17th :laugh:

Quit telling peaches how to play against pikachu. >_>

ok you can, but you have to tell me how to fight peach :D
Float right above the ledge and neutral air when he quick attacks into you. best edgeguard because it takes care of the sweetspot and if he tries to go above. Learned it watching Chu vs Cort. heheheheh

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
Not only that but I'm not sure who seeded the bracket. I didn't get there in time. It was seeded decently, but the seeding was off just enough were that an upset WERE to happen, it would mess things up a lot more than if it were seeded properly. These things happen though, it's kind of nice, I had a lot of time and learned how to switch my brain between brawl and melee because i played a bunch of melee.

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
isn't it brawl, where upsets are a lot more prone to happen?

whatever, i need to stop wasting posts talking about such a crappy game. hopefully bashing the game in the same post balances it out :)

replicate

Smash Lord
Wow... I missed class because I woke up late....

Anyway, this **** was fun. I don't know why but watching Hugo play Melee again gave me the incentive to train in this game all over again.

Joe you *****! I was NOT ready to get camped like that. Mark my words Joe, the next time you come down and we play in tournament, I WONT LOSE! :mad:

:)
lmao get ***** Corey U.
why'd you pick FD AGAIINNNNN

wait are we talking about joeplicate joe?
and did said joe volcano?

that's some noob ****

sorry bro
:( :( :( :( I'm really sorry mike haha, I'll try and work on my tech skill in santa cruz ;)

good to see you again too bone
****en foxes with their shines and lasers
even though you were rusty I still felt good beating you, just because I have a lot of respect for you and you showed me how to play vs peach and everything

now I just have to play edrees because I've heard he's amazing at melee AND WAS PLAYING BUT I DIDN"T GET TO :(:(:(:(:(

Lovage 805

Smash Champion
i think one of the highlights of this tournament, for me was:

during a friendly with WhatIsBrian, i asked for his controller and then did a continuous moonwalk across fountain of dreams with ganon. and impressed fiction

YEA

Top Bottom