• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UCLA VII: AVALANCHE - was too good, does no one do shout-outs anymore? WOW

Oscular

Smash Journeyman
Does anyone know how late this will end?

I know it'll depend on the amount of ppl who show up and the set ups that they have, but based on previous tournaments, how long will this tourny last?

kouryuuXfighter

Smash Ace
We'll end on time. Because this time, I'm disqualifying like crazy, no mercy after 5 minutes.

LOVE!
Um, this tourney is gonna last way too long regardless if everything goes "smoothly." Gimpy had an idea, and I do agree.

Do you think it's possible for you to rent out the venue for two days? Saturday and Sunday?
The reason being, you should do pools on Saturday and the brackets Sunday. Things will work out better that way especially since this will most likely be a HUGE tourney.

Brawl is a slow game and if Melee lasted as long as it did in UCLA 5, Brawl would probably last twice as long if squeezed in one day.

Bottom line is, do pools Saturday and brackets Sunday. If possible that is.

Shmooguy

Smash Champion
I know running a tournament is a lot of work, but PLEAsE can we end on time for many, many reasons. One being a john that I get pretty exhausted the longer a tournament goes on.

EDIT: Oh yeah, that means I'm going, but I don't really feel like doing doubles. Anyone want to drive me? You get gas moneyz and stuff.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
You guys understimate what happened at UCLA 5. Aesis would wait like 30 minutes for one person and that would delay the bracket 30 minutes. It doesn't matter if Brawl matches are 3 minutes longer than Melee matches, if they aren't like 10-15 minutes longer for each match this will take less time than UCLA 5 assuming Aesis goes through with disqualifying people.

I got faith he can finish it in one day on time.

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
aren't there also more brawl matches, period, since sets last longer since the gap between individual players is smaller?

i dunno if this is true, but it makes sense.

ROFL

Smash Journeyman
why are people crying about how brawl is going to take too long, and not saying they will bring a tv?

i ran a 40 man tournament, singles, doubles, and a big crew battle from 12:30 til somewhere around 7:00. This was way faster than any melee tournament i had held in the past. why did this happen? i had 8 tv's. just bring tv's!!!

i probly wont be able to make it to the tournament because of the date, but just BRING tv's and wiis and it will all be good.

MaNg0

Smash Hero
dammit who ever is taking me .... hope ur car has flat tires on the morning ... haha

UNLESS romeo is going ...

aesis im bringing a guitar ^_^

Top Bottom