• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UCLA VI: A NEW HOPE results (192 singles, biggest Brawl so far?)

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
I was surprised until I heard that it was only $5 to enter.

I'm wondering if Brawl will ever have its own FC's or TG's or OC's.

BrawlRoolz

Smash Cadet
Of course it will.

But if it' in Cali, it woun't be worth it to travel there becuase it'll just be a free tourney.

I played San Andreas, I know how CA rolls.

Aesis

Smash Ace
lol the reason there were so many entries is cuz the entry is so cheap and it's at a school so tons of casual players go.

with only $5 as the entry and since it's a small (well, not national) tournament, the pot is fine.

if you're going to diss them, at least make legit points.
There's also a $5 dollar venue fee, $6-8 dollars for parking
which brings it to an approx. total of $20 bucks to come and play both events (because people split the parking)

I keep entry fee small because of the venue fee and parking, I think that's fair

Concerning "it's at a school," it's not just any school, it's UCLA and more importantly, there were maybe 5 UCLA people who entered the tournament, all the rest were outside people

Don't downplay us having the largest brawl tournament even though I BARELY hyped this sht evidenced by my utter lack of attention to the tournament thread...

if I WANTED TO MAKE THIS A NATIONAL MAJOR I COULD and everyone fcking knows that
i do this series still for the community and as a fundraiser

/rant

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Lets do this.

$25 Singles, $40 Doubles.

****ING HUGE

J.Shadows

Smash Champion
$100 for singles and $200 for teams we got this
hey BrawlDrools
Shut up
i know it takes more tech skill than Brawl to talk trash online but why dont you come to the WC and actually enter a tourney :]

nealdt

BRoomer
BRoomer
There's also a $5 dollar venue fee, $6-8 dollars for parking
which brings it to an approx. total of $20 bucks to come and play both events (because people split the parking)

I keep entry fee small because of the venue fee and parking, I think that's fair

Concerning "it's at a school," it's not just any school, it's UCLA and more importantly, there were maybe 5 UCLA people who entered the tournament, all the rest were outside people

Don't downplay us having the largest brawl tournament even though I BARELY hyped this sht evidenced by my utter lack of attention to the tournament thread...

if I WANTED TO MAKE THIS A NATIONAL MAJOR I COULD and everyone fcking knows that
i do this series still for the community and as a fundraiser

/rant
Aesis is a better host than 99% of all EC hosts. It's true. When's the last time a UCLA event finished at 4AM?

;) <3 plank

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Wasn't Ken supposed to be playing Brawl? What happened to that?

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
It's funny how so many people are complaining about the tourney when they didn't even go.

This wouldn't (and didn't) happen in UCLA Melee

nealdt

BRoomer
BRoomer
No. Do people not realize that $5 to enter = less money for first? Is it really that difficult a concept?

Top Bottom