• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UCF Brawl in Orlando (Central Florida) + CFL PR Thread

Gindler

Smash Champion
ahaha. Either that or "Gindler Gindler" for green greens. Ahh he's too good he gets both
Lol :)

On another note. **** car spewing out coolant everywhere, it coulda been a good cantidate if another miami car was needed too :p good mpgsies, lacks 4 hour comfort though..

joeysmash

Smash Ace
NNID
papakarcher
Hey Florida peeps. Question, im coming down for MLG Orlando next week most likely via bus, and i was wondering if anyone could pick me up at the bus station around 8:15 i think is the time im supposed to arrive, and take me to the contential plaza hotel.

I also need someone Sunday morning to take me back to the bus stop at about 6:50 in the morning... lol i know that sucks and is a lot to ask but id pay anyone willing to help! otherwise im not going to be able to go cause im spending most of my money on a bus ticket and cannot afford to call a taxi.

gallax

Smash Hero
Hey Florida peeps. Question, im coming down for MLG Orlando next week most likely via bus, and i was wondering if anyone could pick me up at the bus station around 8:15 i think is the time im supposed to arrive, and take me to the contential plaza hotel.

I also need someone Sunday morning to take me back to the bus stop at about 6:50 in the morning... lol i know that sucks and is a lot to ask but id pay anyone willing to help! otherwise im not going to be able to go cause im spending most of my money on a bus ticket and cannot afford to call a taxi.
need more details.

Gindler

Smash Champion
What day are you coming in? 8:15 just not sure what day? I'm leaving from Jax so the orlando bus depot might be on the way *shrugs*

Toneh

Smash Lord
uh what do you need to know? lol. im at a mind freeze.... doing like 30 at the moment. ask what you need to know.
he prolly means the bus stop address and 8:15 on what day, and the location of the hotel.

I dont have a car joey but good luck on trying to find a ride.

Also, i'll do $1-3 MM's at zazens if anyone wants to fight my diddy/snake

joeysmash

Smash Ace
NNID
papakarcher
need more details.
What day are you coming in? 8:15 just not sure what day? I'm leaving from Jax so the orlando bus depot might be on the way *shrugs*
Oh dang sorry guys i didn't realize how little information I put, ive got like a bazillion things going on.

Okay, I arrive at the greyhound bus location... at 8:25 pm. The location is:
ORLANDO GREYHOUND STA
555 N JOHN YOUNG PKWY
Orlando, FL 32805

Then i need to get to
Continental Plaza Hotel Kissimmee
7785 W Hwy 192
Kissimmee, FL 34747

When you google map it it comes up with a 26 min drive between the hotel and the bus station. Then Sunday Morning, i need to be back on the bus at 6:50am, which means someone would have to wake up early to get me back. Like I said, id be more then happy to give some gas money, because a taxi cab is going to be hella expensive.

Anything else you need to know?

EDIT: i come in Thursday. sorry i keep forgetting that.

Virgman

Smash Apprentice
zazen's gonna work out the time, but prolly around 2-4 pm saturday for doubssss.
He'll post the address today or tomorrow. Its within a couple miles of UCF for anyone who hasn't been there yet.

Dont forget, mlg stages for practice!
we wont call u a scrub if you pick pictochat or ps2, we promise ;)

oh cost would be $5 doubles per teammate and $5 singles, cheap for everyone! And good payouts like raz's tourny.
Spread the word and bring wii's (TV's if possible)

Starter Stages (take turns striking)
Needle-field (Battlefield)
Noa's Castle (Castle Siege)
Del-kuro Plaza (Delphino)
GDX's Destination (Final)
Halverg (Halberd)
radiX Cruise (Lylat)
Gallax Stadium 1 (Pokemon)
X-ville (Smashville)
Gindler's Island (Yoshi's)

Counter-Pick Stages
DeathStar (Brinstar)
Frigate Renki (Orpheon)
Hiroi's Plantation (Green Greens)
Matafair (Norfair)
XenoChat (Picto)
Raz's Stadium 2 (Pokémon Stadium 2)
Nova Cruise (rainbow)
Lol Tony I bet you had fun making those names up. I was wondering what that junk was for lol. But now I know.

gallax

Smash Hero
lol what is jbgamers?
Lemme answer this question for you.

Lets first go through what JBGamer stands for:

J stands for Just

B stands for Became

If you put it all together it stands for: Just Became a Gamer

Now for the story about how central florida came to know this new smasher:

One day, a long time ago, there was this guy who showed up on the boards wanting to play; wanting to learn about smash and become a better player. This guys name was JBgamer. He posted a few times here and there saying he wanted to play but no one ever got the chance to meet him. So one day Raz was home and decides to invite the new smasher over to his place. That night raz calls me. His life was forever changed. JBGamer played like no one raz has ever seen in his entire smash career. His style of play was so sensational he had to call everyone he could and describe his experience. Fortunately, i received one of the calls that night. After i heard the story i figured that i had to meet this "JBGamer" and see what the hype was all about. If the rumors were true.

A few days later raz invites me over to his place, where upon i when i get there i see JBGamer sitting down with a purple gamecube controller in his hand and with marth chosen on the screen. I got excited because i also use marth and always like to compare and exchange character ideas. So i sat down on the couch, plugged my controller in and chose snake to start off. We played a few games then he had to leave. Even though we only got a few friendlies in, that was enough for me to realize that i have experienced only what one other has experienced, which was raz.

I dont know if i could have played any more games with jbgamer. he used marth like nothing i have ever seen. i didnt know that marths upb could be so effective, that fsmash could hit so often, or that counter could be so useful. there are two types of smashers, those who play by reaction and those who play by using their characters moveset. jbgamer was a reaction player. he never had a plan, never thought too much about a situation. he wasnt even fully aware of what he was doing with marth. he just knew that he had to do it.

i had to share my experience so i posted on the boards about this new playstyle. everyone heard of him now and knew the name. now, there is this smasher called xyz(aka will). cool guy. he was hosting a party with a bunch of people, alchohol, and smash. he posted direction and time to meet up at his place on the boards so everyone who wanted to come could. JBGamer saw it and decided to head on over to meet the best sexiest falco in central florida(or all of florida for that matter). with his pruple controller,he got there b4 tony, or justin, or even i got there. well when tony and justin finally showed up they saw this girl leaving the party and will chasing after her.

JBGamer comes around only when asked. he never really extends his arm to play. u need to text him or call him if u want to play. no one ever really calls him cuz they feel bad doing so. plus he has a lot of school work.

so if u want to play a marth that is unlike any other marth u have ever played here is his number:

321-684-3511

if you do decide to call u may hear a high pitched, naggy, but awkward sound. one that u would be more prone to hear if u were in a jungle.

joeysmash

Smash Ace
NNID
papakarcher
Lemme answer this question for you.

Lets first go through what JBGamer stands for:

J stands for Just

B stands for Became

If you put it all together it stands for: Just Became a Gamer

Now for the story about how central florida came to know this new smasher:

One day, a long time ago, there was this guy who showed up on the boards wanting to play; wanting to learn about smash and become a better player. This guys name was JBgamer. He posted a few times here and there saying he wanted to play but no one ever got the chance to meet him. So one day Raz was home and decides to invite the new smasher over to his place. That night raz calls me. His life was forever changed. JBGamer played like no one raz has ever seen in his entire smash career. His style of play was so sensational he had to call everyone he could and describe his experience. Fortunately, i received one of the calls that night. After i heard the story i figured that i had to meet this "JBGamer" and see what the hype was all about. If the rumors were true.

A few days later raz invites me over to his place, where upon i when i get there i see JBGamer sitting down with a purple gamecube in his hand and with marth chosen on the screen. I got excited because i also use marth and always like to compare and exchange character ideas. So i sat down on the couch, plugged my controller in and chose snake to start off. We played a few games then he had to leave. Even though we only got a few friendlies in, that was enough for me to realize that i have experienced only what one other has experienced, which was raz.

I dont know if i could have played any more games with jbgamer. he used marth like nothing i have ever seen. i didnt know that marths upb could be so effective, that fsmash could hit so often, or that counter could be so useful. there are two types of smashers, those who play by reaction and those who play by using their characters moveset. jbgamer was a reaction player. he never had a plan, never thought too much about a situation. he wasnt even fully aware of what he was doing with marth. he just knew that he had to do it.

JBGamer comes around only when asked. he never really extends his arm to play. u need to text him or call him if u want to play. no one ever really calls him cuz they feel bad doing so. plus he has a lot of school work.

so if u want to play a marth that is unlike any other marth u have ever played here is his number:

321-684-3511

this sounds amazingly epic.

xYz

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1049-0933-6834
True story:
so u all know I'm kinda sexy.. Well I had this pretty little thing come over after I cancelled a smash fest I was gonna have... Guess who was the only person to show up....

JBGamer...

He is thus far the biggest c0ck block I've have ever encountered. I put on smash for him, and begged fellow smashers to rush to my house because he was so **** wierd. He was getting destroyed by my roomate who just learned how to d.i. And tech and not use items lol...

Long story short.... He started crying because he didn't beat anyone.

Oh and he walked in on me, the door was practically closed...

P.s.- I wanna start playing brawl again, my falco is still manly, after not playing for so long, txt me if there are fest going on.

Twtch

Smash Rookie
I have no idea which story to believe....

Gallax wove and amazing roller coaster of surprises and cliff hangers, while xYz just comes in and smashes it to bits.

Somebody call this kid

Queen B. Kyon

Smash Master
zazen's gonna work out the time, but prolly around 2-4 pm saturday for doubssss.
He'll post the address today or tomorrow. Its within a couple miles of UCF for anyone who hasn't been there yet.

Dont forget, mlg stages for practice!
we wont call u a scrub if you pick pictochat or ps2, we promise ;)

oh cost would be $5 doubles per teammate and $5 singles, cheap for everyone! And good payouts like raz's tourny.
Spread the word and bring wii's (TV's if possible)

Needle-field (Battlefield)
Halverg (Halberd)
radiX Cruise (Lylat)
Gallax Stadium (PS1)
X-ville (Smashville)

Counter-Pick Stages
DeathStar (Brinstar)
Frigate Renki (Orpheon)
Matafair (Norfair)
XenoChat (Picto)
Raz's Stadium (PS2)
Nova Cruise (rainbow)
I didnt get a stage....=(

Trott

Smash Rookie
P.s.- I wanna start playing brawl again, my falco is still manly, after not playing for so long, txt me if there are fest going on.
I saw you playing at Raz's tourney. Your falco is beastly. Train me in the way of the falco oh great one (I promise I won't **** block you)

@JBgamer: Best story ever....there have to be more stories that you guys aren't telling us ;)

Toneh

Smash Lord
added kyon

Field of turnips and needles (Battlefield)
Halverg (Halberd)
radiX Cruise (Lylat)
Gallax Stadium (PS1)
X-ville (Smashville)

Counter-Pick Stages
DeathStar (Brinstar)
Frigate Renki (Orpheon)
Matafair (Norfair)
XenoChat (Picto)
Raz's Stadium (PS2)
Nova Cruise (rainbow)

Banned stages
Reserk Cruise (Pirate Ship)

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
Hey how come I gotta share?! needles are way cooler (and more effective) that turnips >:[

Top Bottom