• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UCF Brawl in Orlando (Central Florida) + CFL PR Thread

Hai Im Fearless

Smash Lord
i feel like i have to improve my mk to improve my oli

cuz mk's dabess and i need to understand the game in general better before i move back to character specifics

-Sensei-

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sensei544
Gallax, I'd be down to do some hardcore training. Sensei does not approve of SFL getting the top 4 spots at NLL (though shout out to Polt reppin' that low tier). After seeing Polt, I'm sure I've got room to improve with Mario, but I'd be open to training other characters as well. CFL needs to STEP IT UP!!!

gallax

Smash Hero
stick to IC's or pit sensei. mario wont win anything lol. he has too many weaknesses and gimmicks that r easy to see coming. using other chars help you improve your game significantly.

Exdeath

Smash Master
stick to IC's or pit sensei. mario wont win anything lol. he has too many weaknesses and gimmicks that r easy to see coming. using other chars help you improve your game significantly.
True words. CFL could always use another IC player. It doesn't even matter if you outsmart everyone three times as often; they can still win when you're Mario and they're a good character like Meta Knight.

-Sensei-

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sensei544
Yea, sometimes I wish FL wasn't so good, that way Mario stood a chance lol. Seriously though, I've been down with Mario since Smash 64, but it may be time to move on.

gallax

Smash Hero
using other characters help you learn different strategies that you can implement into your arsenal overall. examples:

Wario- You learn how to read and airdodge behind an opponent and punish their reactions

marth- you learn how spacing can lead to success or punishment. sometimes you can bait a dash by using an aerial then landing>shield/smash

ddd- you learn how to abuse oos options, since ddd is at his best with a shield and in grab range. you also learn to to read a lot better since you need good reads to win with ddd.

mk-learn to bait airdodges and punish with a nair/dair

Once you pick that char up and just use him for fun(and potentially tourney if you enjoy it enough) you learn what that char looks for and what usually beats it. Makes some matches a lot easier to play once you learn this. Hence why im so good at the snake/pika matchup

Novabound

Smash Apprentice
snake - learn why approaching is pointless
Thissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

gallax

Smash Hero
sheik- teaches you how to dash into your opponent and shield then react properly along with teaching you to stay under your opponent and hurt them when they land instead of whiffing attacks in the air when the opponent airdodges

snake- teaches you to force a shield and how to react with grabs. also teaches you how to pressure instead of rolling away(which a lot of people do)

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Well I lost to 2 Falcos. I had never even lost a set vs Falco before NLL haha.

Guess brawl Falcos have gotten better since 08. :laugh:

gallax

Smash Hero
i wonder how good riddle is in the ditto...

btw im gonna be free all day friday and here for saturday. im serious when i say im gonna start training. if you want to get better call me 772-579-3046. im playing friday no mattter what. i think kyon, gdx, and raz should also help train people. and by train i mean be serious with helping point out habits, tell them what u want them to do so u can punish so they know what not to do, and overall help them learn about the games weakpoints. and kyon, you need to stop sandbagging in friendlies aginst CFL(do it for SFL so they dont know ur true skill). it helps NO ONE.

example- every char has 2-4 frames of lag when they land. lrn2punish this lag. there is only `1 exception to this rule. does anyone know it?

Twtch

Smash Rookie
example- every char has 2-4 frames of lag when they land. lrn2punish this lag. there is only `1 exception to this rule. does anyone know it?
what's the exception?

And I wouldn't mind some help, sparingly until the semester starts, but expect a call

-Sensei-

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sensei544
I want to say if a character lands out of a glide attack, they have zero lag, so maybe that's the exception?

gallax

Smash Hero
haha. u all r wrong. metaknight was the best guess so far. his tornado does have 2 frames with the soft landing from any point in the air.

the question is, what is the exception to the rule that when a character lands on the ground after being in the air they receive 2-4 frames of lag?

xYz

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1049-0933-6834
i wanna learn to be more gay and less fancy..... I think I should start chain grabbing with falco now... you kids are getting TOO good. :)

Exdeath

Smash Master
haha. u all r wrong. metaknight was the best guess so far. his tornado does have 2 frames with the soft landing from any point in the air.

the question is, what is the exception to the rule that when a character lands on the ground after being in the air they receive 2-4 frames of lag?
Buffering certain specials. For example, Lucario can use B and Side-B to eliminate all landing lag (i.e. 0 frames).

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I'm always on campus working in chem labs. If you have a setup I'm down to play melee.
Sorry for a really late response; I have been busy with summer although I'm in the 4th week now which is awesome.

I may or may not get a setup. It depends on a lot of things like what my roommates will bring when they move in (I'm moving in early because of band camp). I have a cube and Melee disc available but I'll have to get a controller or two and the cube's laser is pretty weak now. I'll be in a Lake Claire apartment when I move in before the fall semester.

Toneh

Smash Lord

I'll do this jeopardy style... What is nade zero landing lag ??

ZeroUnderOne

Smash Apprentice
Sorry for a really late response; I have been busy with summer although I'm in the 4th week now which is awesome.

I may or may not get a setup. It depends on a lot of things like what my roommates will bring when they move in (I'm moving in early because of band camp). I have a cube and Melee disc available but I'll have to get a controller or two and the cube's laser is pretty weak now. I'll be in a Lake Claire apartment when I move in before the fall semester.
I have a setup on campus, but no tv. I have a couple big tv's at home but no place in the lab for them.

Garb: MVC2 on sale @ amazon ~~> click here
Lmk your psn name.

Exdeath

Smash Master
Pull a grenade, hold down shield.
2 frames of landing lag instead of 5 IIRC. Its main purpose is as a mix-up, though. It isn't very good in itself.

Have we all realized what I been saying that CFL is bad?
If you're referring to NLL, that isn't really a good example. For the most part, CFL lost to other CFL, as well as people whom they should be losing to (e.g. Hungrybox losing to Seibrik).

Twtch

Smash Rookie
I have a setup on campus, but no tv. I have a couple big tv's at home but no place in the lab for them.

Garb: MVC2 on sale @ amazon ~~> click here
Lmk your psn name.

I'll have a setup in towers, hopefully for both brawl and melee, all next year. Anytime somone needs to kill sometime between classes or just do nothing, hit me up.

Top Bottom