• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UCF Brawl in Orlando (Central Florida) + CFL PR Thread

nevershootme

Smash Master
as for the door fee, just bring food/drinks or chip a dollar or 2 and i'll order pizza

but anyways, if less than 32 = top 6 payout. more than 32 = top 8 payout

my snake performs way better than mk for some reason...

edit: I'll probably start the tourney at 4-5pm ish

edit: here's my house layout, I got a big table and big living room with pool table, and my old bedroom which is empty, enough to have 3-4 setups in the room.

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
So... I'm probably going to throw a tournament at my house some time in the future. Who would be interested? Also, what date would be good for everyone?

Trott

Smash Rookie
@Nevershootme: Host a tournament at your Orlando place on Saturday! I would definitely show up as I'm sure lots of people would. I would much rather go to a tourney a couple of blocks away than one 3 hours away (Port Charlotte). You should at least host doubles and singles. I wouldn't mind $1 or $2 Brawl- tourney afterward though ;)

@Sworddancer: I would be interested in a tourney. Since nevershootme is thinking of hosting one this week maybe you should host yours the following week :laugh:

nevershootme

Smash Master
@Nevershootme: Host a tournament at your Orlando place on Saturday! I would definitely show up as I'm sure lots of people would. I would much rather go to a tourney a couple of blocks away than one 3 hours away (Port Charlotte). You should at least host doubles and singles. I wouldn't mind $1 or $2 Brawl- tourney afterward though ;)
I know what i'm doing, I've ran tournies in the past. definitely dubs and singles as usual. but i may be looking at adding a mid tier/low tier only side tourney (basically no top and high tiers allowed and maybe adding some leeway by putting B tier characters). but all depends how fast can i get the tourney finished.

gallax

Smash Hero
tony is lying. last day of finals is monday for him. he has 3 classes which means he can get them ALL done by saturday or wait till monday. he just needs to study.

ZeroUnderOne

Smash Apprentice
They should mod brawl- so that Olimar can pluck out a pikachu instead of a yellow pikmin.

While, we're at it...
Falco plucked for blue pikmin
Zard plucked for red pickmin
Meta plucked for white pikmin
Ganon plucked for purple pikmin

All pikmin sized of course...

There is no such thing as too broken

gallax

Smash Hero
im busy too with finals but dayum. no one is doing anything this week. people arent even going to the tourney on saturday. fear/raz/tony/jimmers/hrnut are 5 so far.

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
why dont you guys just plan tourneys next week since finals are over by then? i think it would work out better that way. im off next tuesday and thursday for sure since theres no school.

Noa.

Smash Master
There are still people who can go to the tourney this Saturday.

What would be best is to have both tourneys. This weekend and next. Both $5. Cheap and numerous is the way to go. And large payouts.

ZeroUnderOne

Smash Apprentice
Bought an arcade stick for ps3 =)
Need to find some cheap sanwa parts and upgrade it. My magneto can't wait.

I'm down to play this weekend. I just have one final thurs.

Trott

Smash Rookie
There are still people who can go to the tourney this Saturday.

What would be best is to have both tourneys. This weekend and next. Both $5. Cheap and numerous is the way to go. And large payouts.
I agree with Draconoa on this. $5 (vs $10) is pretty cheap for a tournament and allows us to essentially have 2 for the price of one. The more tournaments we have, the more practice we get in a tourney environment and the more we get to play :)

But yeah. I only have one more final and that's on Friday but I have two reports due: one on Thursday and one on Monday so that's keeping me busy this week. :(

Top Bottom