• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UCF Brawl in Orlando (Central Florida) + CFL PR Thread

X-FACTOR

Smash Journeyman
MM the best IC in new england? NO WAY I'm a sheik.
lol, but seriously, even with money on the line we aren't gonna get in that mind set playing each other I think. It'd have to be a tourney match. I'm always down to play though, you should come down for winterfest I'll house you.
I would, but I have a bunch of Johns like, money and work!

I really will do my best to try and make it though.

BTW I work at "LameStop" :dizzy:

Toneh

Smash Lord
Character tourny rankings List
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=4387892&postcount=1

ahh, see what happens when virg stops going to tournaments. Fox goes to E rank.

E Rank «Never Used» 1.60%
27 Lucas (1 top4, 1 top2, 1 win) - 16.8
28 Yoshi (3 top8, 1 win) - 11.8 - 29
29 Bowser (3 top8, 1 top4) - 11.8 - 28
30 Fox (8 top8, 2 top4) - 10.9 - 20
31 Samus (2 top8, 2 top4) - 9.6 - 32
32 Ganondorf (2 top8, 1 top2, 1 win) - 8.2 - 35
33 Mario (2 top8, 1 top4) - 8.0 - 32
34 Ness (3 top8, 1 top4) - 3.6 - 19
35 Jigglypuff (1 top8, 1 top4) - 2.9 - 36
36 Captain Falcon (2 top8) - 0.9 - 34

MikeSanti

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4871-5242-9800
I JUST GOT 375 DOLLA CHECK FROM COLLEGE, apparently something called Academic Competitiveness Grant? but yeah, PS3 COMIN BABY.

Felt I needed to share this... seeing as my first check from college (which was financial aid money left overs) was 68 cents.

gallax

Smash Hero
i spotted an imposter
caps is the man. idk what ur talking about.

i need more MK practice. im picking him up as my secondary. forget marth. hes too much work when hes not my main. plus mk vs the entire cast(excluding wario/snake) is easier than using marth.

LozanoGarbanzo

Smash Ace
Orlando(UCF), FL [br] Click my sig, you won't.
Melee IC are so fun!

Garb you know anything about them, in melee?

Oh! and their wave dash is beast!

.......... Wobbling too! ^_^
I know:

some desyncing tricks
how to chain grab with just grab, like in brawl
normal chain grabs
freeze glitch

their wave dash is da best, but nana is dumb as f*ck and you can't control her as much as you can in brawl, you both can't grab the ledge at the same time either but your single popo forward b gives you a bigger vertical boost than in brawl.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
Of course bowser is also the best charater in melee so it makes sense he had the best wave dash.

Toneh

Smash Lord
i duno if im goin to winterfest now, they jacked up the prices like crazy.

$21.50 instead of $10 for singles, 16.36 instead of $10 for doubs, and $15 to $20 for door fee..
so dumb.

-Spike-

Smash Ace
i duno if im goin to winterfest now, they jacked up the prices like crazy.

$21.50 instead of $10 for singles, 16.36 instead of $10 for doubs, and $20 door fee..
so dumb.
Im in the same boat as you. They are starting to get too expensive. I have been keepin up with that thread since it was made and every time i check this the prices seem to go higher and higher. Yea its a national tourney but im not tryn to spend about $75 to play brawl.

Toneh

Smash Lord
yea, at least your with me spike. They think we dont notice that crap.

plus now u gota drive there and back just to drop off your setup on friday, then come back sunday? thats a 40 min drive from here.
Gallax, garbanzo, kyon, and gdx, i noticed u were on the setup list too, something to watch out for.

Dam man, and i was lookin forward to it too.

-Spike-

Smash Ace
yea, at least your with me spike. They think we dont notice that crap.

plus now u gota drive there and back just to drop off your setup on friday, then come back sunday? thats a 40 min drive from here
Its definitely not worth it for you. Because the amount of gas you would spend wouldn't compensate for the door fee. Plus you would be making two trips (Friday and Sunday) And you would be without ur wii/cube and wouldn't be able to practice lol. I understand its a national and all but i dont wanna waste soo much money, especially knowing that in reality i wont win any of it back :(

I still think its awesome and would love to go, but idk if I can afford to spend money like that on a game. Well see at it gets closer.

Toneh

Smash Lord
well i would have been hitching a ride with some1, prolly gallax since he was gonna loan me the tv.

But yea ur right we'd be out of our setups on friday and saturday since u gota leave it there..
Such a bad idea for the door fee instead of sunday morning.

If the prices stay im not gonna go =/

X-FACTOR

Smash Journeyman
<3 and xfactor have you guys seen this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30g-QsRdb2U

I didn't know this was possible.

Yea, I've seen this before, It's a buffered froward throw. I tried learning it, but that was back when I wasn't constant with my CG. I haven't given it much thought but now that I'm better all around with IC I should go give it a shot again.

It can be done with all big characters, such as D3, DK, Bowser, and a lot of heavy characters such as Link, Samus, Wolf etc...

I'm pretty sure it can be done with lighter weight classes/smaller characters, but as we IC know there's always a different timing for everyone. It's just a matter of figuring it out and getting a feel for it.

Sorry Jimz, IC are at it again! ;)

o god, that is just painful to watch... she just smacked around, over...and over...and over...and over...and over...and over...etc

Oh Mata!

You know you love it when nana&popo gives your PT team a hug!:laugh:

DAYUMN! GET ***** SHEIK lol :laugh:
Banzo u better learn to do that !

Garb, I would totally enjoy seeing you do this to someone. Your the only good IC left so make me proud!

**** ic's lol

**** Olimar lol!

That vid was very depressing. Ice's are the one character i truely cant have much respect for.
Haha, Kyon it's not that bad, talk to Kei about the matchup. He knows how to get around those two little monsters.

Cheer up emo kid!:)

that thing is hard to do lol, i couldn't do more then 1 grab

You still trying to figure those two out? lol!

Top Bottom