• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

- U.F.B. Crew Thread - IT'S ALIVE IT'S ALIVE!!!!! "ROLL 'EM UP" DEC. 21

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
As long as it's not more than $20 a night, I'm good.

All I really need is a shower and a place to sleep away from smelly people. (And in a room of ~100 mother****ers, I don't think that'll happen, so pass on HAT's place.)

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
TUSM you really should have called the on the 25th when you couldn't have gotten through... There's also the problem of waiting for the last possible day -_-

But $30 more per night really isn't bad. Since there was going to be almost 10 ppl in the room anyway, $15 from each person still covers it fine. You just don't make as much of a profit yourself :mad:

Just make sure when you reserve the room you don't reserve it for more than 2 ppl as 3+ will then spike the price.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I just realized. You guys are having your smashfest on tuesday. I work all this week expect friday and weekends. I think I can get the day off. I thought you boys were gonna do this on the weekends.

So put me as a maybe Evan. I'll let you know if I get that day off on monday. There is 2 ways I can do this.

- Work on tusday and take wensday off. head over to your house after (Get out at three) And lget housed for that day or leave the same day.

- Take tusday off and just go to your house to play early and then leave around 9PM.

I'll figure out how I am gonna do this.

mib004

Smash Ace
yeah hat jawn is chalked....... but im only willing to pay atleast 15 anight...most would be 20... and WHO PREREGISTERED FOR THE TOURNY

Nø Ca$h

Smash Champion
i would take hats place if i had to. but hes smart as hell. he gets $10 per person and theres 100 people.... he just made $1000 in one weekend.

The Phazon Assassin

Smash Champion
OK, fine, I'll get it. However, I need an extra 90, up front, to cover the remaining cost of the room. I'll keep it at 15 a night only because this is my fault. As soon as I get the $90, I'll put it on my card and make the reservation.

Whatever you put forward goes toward your first night's stay, so don't think I'm being unfair.

We still have sabout a week to pre-reg. Matt, stop being so lazy and check the pre-reg list. It's on the first post of the tourney thread.

Roxas215

Smash Lord
OK, fine, I'll get it. However, I need an extra 90, up front, to cover the remaining cost of the room. I'll keep it at 15 a night only because this is my fault. As soon as I get the $90, I'll put it on my card and make the reservation.

Whatever you put forward goes toward your first night's stay, so don't think I'm being unfair.

We still have sabout a week to pre-reg. Matt, stop being so lazy and check the pre-reg list. It's on the first post of the tourney thread.
I can dig it.

Are we playing tonight.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
yeah hat jawn is chalked....... but im only willing to pay atleast 15 anight...most would be 20... and WHO PREREGISTERED FOR THE TOURNY
I just registered

If I'm there on the 29th I'll throw ya my first nights stay

---

Also I've got confirmation from Smurf that there's 4 ppl coming from KC. I say we should find a way to get em in this room to split the money between more people cause of the extra price. I think they are only staying Sunday night, possibly Saturday night as well. Is this cool TUSM? If so I'll get a hold of Smurf and tell him what's up.

mib004

Smash Ace
lol nobody in this thread registered yet lmao.... until one person register im not doing it.. and they daid that u have to preregister online its manditory..

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
lol mib the post above that was me saying i registered

and vex registered a few days ago

and wtf, as plank said, its freicken pound 4. i woulda been up there in the first 10 to sign up like i did for pound 3 but i just simple didnt have the money at the time.

mib u dont understand, this is the big leagues lol. ya gotta step it up

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
mib u dont understand
Chibo, I don't think you understand that most of the people in this crew don't take Smash that seriously. x.x

I mean, I definitely wanna go, but if it's too expensive..... eff that. Looks like it won't be too bad, though..... I just talked to Steph about hotel stuff. If we all give TUSM our $15/night soon (like within the next week), he should have enough to book it, and we'll all be happy.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
I'm gonna pre-reg on Monday.

Either you want to go or you don't want to go.

I'm going regardless, so if the rest of y'all want to wait around for each other to pre-reg first (which will end up with nobody doing it, durrdurr), have fun with that.

The Phazon Assassin

Smash Champion
OK, look, Chibo is right to an extent. But, like Kendall said, we miss Pound, life moves on. Also, Matt, you're our driver. If anything, we should be waiting for YOU to pre-reg. If everyone else registers, then you at the last second back out, we're all screwed. We can get a refund, but there's a cutoff point for that too. I hear where you're coming from' I just haven't gotten around to it yet, especially since we didn't have a hotel room and I only have so much on my debit card.

I don't know what I have to do to convince you, but I AM going to Pound, with you or by myself. Stop looking for a way to weasel out of going. If you don't want to, just say it. It sounds like you're beating around the bush, looking for the smallest opening to john out. I understand I'm coming off as a bit aggresive, but I just want to make sure I'm being heard, loud and clear.

Kenny, I'm not gettting the room until I get that 90, so just make sure itKs here come the 29th, K?

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
Chibo, I don't think you understand that most of the people in this crew don't take Smash that seriously. x.x
Then why the **** are you guys going to drive 3-4 hours to a tournament if you don't take the game that seriousily, this isn't the first time I've heard this kaylo and dis john gettin old, just saying.

Darth Waffles

Smash Lord
I'm going regardless
That's the way to go.

In other news, I'm planning on having a smashfest at my house on january 2nd. I met some of you at BRII, and I have no idea if any of you can actually make it, but if any of you can come, that'd be cool. Chibo said he might be able to go

Oh, and since LoCal is a lot younger on average (lol .com exception) than you guys, no alcohol or any of that... sorry lol =P

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Then why the **** are you guys going to drive 3-4 hours to a tournament if you don't take the game that seriousily, this isn't the first time I've heard this kaylo and dis john gettin old, just saying.
Because it will be fun, and I think it's worth spending the money on, which is why I'm going. The driving part isn't on me -- I'm guessing it's not a huge deal for Matt or Ebo if they're willing to do it.

But at the same time, Chibo's acting like Pound's something that OMGCAN'TBEMISSED even if we end up having to spend a lot more because of these hotel shenanigans. Or because of Matt possibly not going, which would make transportation much more expensive.

If I don't go to Pound, I'll sleep in and probably not think much about it beyond, "Huh, that sucks that I couldn't go." Roll over, go back to sleep.

I don't see where the johning part comes in, but whatevs. Nobody's johning out of anything: it's just that at a certain point, the expense of the trip outweighs the fun it'll be. Chibo seems to think that point is significantly higher for us than what it is.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
If you like smash and attend tournies like all of you do and really want to prove yourselves and push your game to the next level - Pound 4 can't be missed. Read back through the thread and listen to yourselves in person, all of you guys are trying to get better, you guys get omgwtf hyped when you do good, and I know most of you are out to make to make a name for yourselves.

MIB wants to be that ballin' Ness everyone's talking about

Kaylo your friends with everyone everywhere and anywhere and considering how people travel to visit you (Tag and K9 come to mind) it only makes sense for you to be there.

TUSM I don't have to mention as he's dead set on going, and I know he probably wants to become better more than anyone else in this crew.

Steph keeps talkin about his doubles work, and I'm behind him all the way, nows the time to prove it.

I know Kingtoon wants to get better

etc

I mean sure Genesis was like the mecca for Smashers but I can't blame ya guys if you couldn't go, flying cross country is tough and requires a lot of money, but Pound 4 is a huge national tournament following in the footsteps of Pound 3 and very close to us, like what - 2 hours? Look at all of the people who are traveling from everywhere to get to this, and people are complaining about making plans and commitments to a tournament 2 hours away. You guys should take advantage of your location.

Take it from the only person who regularly posts in this thread that was at Pound 3. Take it from one of the people that attended Genesis. I know what to expect and you guys should be there. Pound 4 isn't THAT much money, it's like the price of DSOs, and there hasn't been one of those in a while. The trip is short, much less than what half of all of you guys have traveled at one point. It's pretty much shorter than any North NJ tourney (KTAR) etc.

You guys get the chance to smash with people from all over the world with a plethora of open setups ready to be played on. All of you can enter and prove yourself in any smash game - 64 Melee Brawl or +. You guys get to spend a holiday weekend away from home with all of your friends and party and game to your hearts content.

Ebo!

Smash Apprentice
yea idc i'm going if people back out my brother lives in md and i could chill there for a few night but i rather chill with everybody

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
@Chibo: LOL, I could point out a few things from your post, but to avoid turning this into a big thing, my main points are this:

- I'm already going, so whatevs. Unless it gets ridiculously expensive.

- You have to realize that it's not purely about wanting or not wanting to go. We all want to go at some level. But people don't **** money out their *****, the economy's balls at the moment, and a lot of us have more going on in our lives that cost money than just Smash. Even if we have the money now, people are cautious about spending it on stuff like this because nothing's certain in times like these..... ex: my dad just got unexpectedly laid off from a job he's been working at and doing well at for longer than I've been alive.

Stop acting like people're just "johning out" and try to understand where they might be coming from. Saying "but all the good pros will be there!!! you'll get better!!!" doesn't help anybody. We know that already.

Just my 2 cents.

KT Kasrani

Smash Champion
ill prolli jus pre reg over ev's on tuesday

lol i think its true about black people. always waitin to the last minute to pay somethin or do something. wat we got lik a week left and we finally starting to do this.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Lol.

Anyways.

I'm getting a handle for Xzax's Birthday Smashfest thing. Since Xzax can't tell me what he'd prefer (or Vex will kill me -- oh and uhhh Xzax is too young and stuff =X), what do you guys want? I'm only getting one handle, so we all gotta agree. Or have a majority or something.

Personally, I like rum or tequila. I'm not getting vodka, eff that.

I'll actually make it to the store this time, lol.

mib004

Smash Ace
Lol.

Anyways.

I'm getting a handle for Xzax's Birthday Smashfest thing. Since Xzax can't tell me what he'd prefer (or Vex will kill me -- oh and uhhh Xzax is too young and stuff =X), what do you guys want? I'm only getting one handle, so we all gotta agree. Or have a majority or something.

Personally, I like rum or tequila. I'm not getting vodka, eff that.

I'll actually make it to the store this time, lol.
whatever.. ill get something to...

mib004

Smash Ace
ok just got back from giving gifts to a couple of people.....

@ chibo and vexx.. i unnderstand where yall coming from... but to everybody in this crew.. its not that serious.. we enjoy the game.. bussin on people... and having fun.. sure we are not that competitive.. but between squall, TUSM, and Kenny, they can take out people who study the game like its a Final paper.. while not caring..

but anyways.. im going its gonna be fun.. nobodys johning we just really dont give a ****.. i mean really

Dotcom

Smash Lord
Really don't enjoy doing this on a phone, but seeing as how I typed a three page essays on this peesha **** it doesnt really matter i guess.

I'm not sure how much this tourney is going to end up costing for me seeing as how all of a sudden my money has become limited for some amount of time.
I would love to go and enter singles and just chill but seeing as how i have to pay the light and water bills this month I'm a little scared.

Someone help me here. If I entered singles, and stayed at the hotel how much would I end up paying?

The Phazon Assassin

Smash Champion
Singles: $47.50
Hotel room: $15.00/night
Gas: I don't know yet.
Food: You're a big man, you figure it out.

Yeah, you get the gist of it.

By the way, Matt, thanks to you, I have a new sig.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
If you guys wanna spend less money, just stay at hats. All nites the dude is charging 10 bucks. There is even a bathroom with a shower you can use. Hat is really cool. And charging 10 bucks for 3 day housing, while others charge more PER DAY or even have to risk chilling at a hotel. You save money and time. And the venue, you guys can walk to it from his spot. This is a good idea for people who are concerned about money. And it is not like you gonna be at the spot all day. You are there to sleep. Then get up, shower, and out to the tourny the next day.

You guys can go about this as you wan't, But this is a smart move to save money and time. And KaYlo, I said I would check with hat aboput that sofa if it is still there if you don't feel like sleeping on the floor with a bunch of males. You helped me out alot with the stuff we talked about on aim. If you remember that is. So I wanna repay you by helping you out.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Three, I'm not sleeping in one room with that many dudes. Thanks for lettin us know about it, DPch, but..... no thanks. :urg:

@Matt: Heard you're gonna bust my ***? Bring it. :mad: (Btw, I didn't tell her that out of the blue, she asked me a question that led to it, lol.)

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
The hell?, why the heck was I told it was the same a last year. W/e, my bad then. 15 a nite for hotele is not bad. Just an upgrade for 5 more bucks is how I see it.

So if you go for the hotel, for all three days it is 45. Plus brawl singles.

Thats about 100 bucks. But if you register now for the tourny, you can easlily get back another 50 before you hit the road to pound 4. For those working and stuff. All you boys really have to worry about is getting there and back.

depending on how many of you boys are going, Just divide that by 45.00 for the room
if it is 6 people on one room, each would just have to chip in $7.50

If it is 5 people, each would have to put in 9.00.

Damm I am starting to think the hotel idea is much better than staying at hats if you are with a crowd of people.

Top Bottom