• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Two Sides of the Same Aegis: The Pyra & Mythra Social thread

link2702

Smash Champion
whelp....Looks like my 3(4?) characters now gonna be Ganondorf, Ryu, Pyra/Mythra, in that order. I'm still disappointed that I'll never see Geno in smash, and I was kinda hoping it would be rex included in their moveset more than just taunts, but hey, i loved xenoblade 2, and was wanting a rep from it eventually. These two more than make up for the jokes that were the first 3 characters in this FP for me.

They also certainly seem a lot less complex than shulk, which is part of the reason I don't use him despite loving the First XC, so that's definitely a plus for me as well.

Still though...both FP's have been pretty bad for me overall. In both of them i've literally only gotten 2 characters I actually wanted/liked. Banjo in pass 1, now Mythra/Pyra in pass 2. Kinda regret buying both passes now when I could have settled on just the 2 characters in them I wanted.

Last edited:

Nihilem

Smash Apprentice
Congrats from the Rex Thread here .... all in all I am quite happy with the inclusion - even if my boy was downgraded to the final smash. (Didnt know this thread existed before .....) But it is always nice that Nintendo is good for surprises (First Min Min over Springman now this).

I am quite interested how the stances will work out - will be like old zelda I think, or?

Last edited:

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
wow.. i didnt even knew there was that super specific thread. still, my main problem was how generic harem protagonist rex looked, and how nonesensical their costumes were . both things got adressed, so nice XD.

I.D.

Smash Lord
To be honest this is a bit awkward because I'm pretty sure everyone from the Rex thread is happy anyway since nobody doubted Pyra and Mythra would be coming with him (and probably a lot of people supported them for this notion), this isn't exactly a Springman situation :laugh:

Blackwolf666

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5000-4278-5177
GG was in the crowd that wanted Rex/Pyra but this is good too. Excited for this as much as I was for Rex/Pyra.

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Congratulations on your characters getting in Smash!
I'll admit, I'm a bit jealous you guys got a two-for-one deal. But hey, the stage looks fun and I'm pretty excited to see what comes next going forward with the DLC.

zferolie

Smash Hero
Here is their placement on the Mural guys

wow.. i didnt even knew there was that super specific thread. still, my main problem was how generic harem protagonist rex looked, and how nonesensical their costumes were . both things got adressed, so nice XD.
YTeah... no one sadly has posted in this thread of mine since... June of 2019 lol.

Last edited:

Leaf_It

Smash Cadet
They implemented Pyra/Mythra the way they should have implemented Byleth's Weapons.

Congratulations though. They look fun. I hope they play as well as they look.

Arthur97

Smash Master
Also, Pyra's design change seems a bit odd. It's still sheer, so...why? Why add that but keep her back the same or mostly the same?

Izayoi

zzz
NNID
iza-tomato
Coming in from the Elma thread to say Congratulations! (Please pray with us to have some Xenoblade X music to come along with thank you. It's our last hope. ;-;... )

They implemented Pyra/Mythra the way they should have implemented Byleth's Weapons.

Congratulations though. They look fun. I hope they play as well as they look.
Oh, now I know why I was always slightly bothered about Byleth.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I am now getting more and more curious about how much control Sakurai has.

Because I don't see them going "Put Pyra/Mythra in without Rex".

Nihilem

Smash Apprentice
Coming in from the Elma thread to say Congratulations! (Please pray with us to have some Xenoblade X music to come along with thank you. It's our last hope. ;-;... )

Oh, now I know why I was always slightly bothered about Byleth.
Well other DLCs had Music from games from the same series - so I think the chance is there.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
So, am I the only one thinking that Mythra's Foresight thing looks to be like a Bayo Bat Within-type mechanic here? Because it really gives off that vibe to me.

zferolie

Smash Hero
I am now getting more and more curious about how much control Sakurai has.

Because I don't see them going "Put Pyra/Mythra in without Rex".
You know, part of me feels Sakurai has his own rule of mii fighter costumes can't be fighters in that same game? thats the main reason I feel like its just Pyra and Mythra. Plus, I feel Sakurai wanted to make another stance swaper/ 2 in 1 fighter as he hasn't for ages. That makes them unique, and he loves unique

Teeb147

Smash Legend
You know, part of me feels Sakurai has his own rule of mii fighter costumes can't be fighters in that same game? thats the main reason I feel like its just Pyra and Mythra. Plus, I feel Sakurai wanted to make another stance swaper/ 2 in 1 fighter as he hasn't for ages. That makes them unique, and he loves unique
Maybe he heard our cries for lack of female characters XD

But also, it's easier to make them work as dual characters than with Rex.

MattX20

Smash Hero
So, anyone got any guesses how the amiibo for the two is going to work? Also, grats to Pyra and Mythra fans. I enjoyed Xenoblade Chronicles 2 and am definitely okay with their inclusion

Last edited:

KiyoXDragon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
KiyoXDragon
3DS FC
2981-7067-0666
Switch FC
SW-1752-3317-0324
Greetings from the Rex thread. Congratulations on your victory but I guess we kind of sorta win too.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I was certain that Mii costumes were strictly meant to be consolation prizes for until a future installment, especially considering the reaction for Rex's vs. that armored bloke from BOTW.

But yeah, I'm glad we finally got another package deal character, I wasn't sure if DLC would limit that or not.

So, anyone got any guesses how the amiibo for the two is going to work? Also, grats to Pyra and Mythra fans. I enjoyed Xenoblade Chronicles 2 and am definitely okay with their inclusion
We Seph fans are still wondering how his will.

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
Hmmm, Guys, I am trying to think of some names to call this thread. I have some ideas but willing to listen to the fans as well.

I am assuming it to be down b (in mythra form) and working similiar to meta knight.
If thats her down b, which seems likely, I wonder how they will swap... maybe some brand new way that doesn't use a special move? like maybe a taunt swaps, or a different button combo? I don't think any B move is left to fit in swapping.

Maybe he heard our cries for lack of female characters XD

But also, it's easier to make them work as dual characters than with Rex.
Indeed, I always felt they could do a lot more as a duel character then as part of rex.

God, I would love to see both as Amiibos. I think thats the most liekly thing, as they are both numbered characters(79 and 80), and so far every numbered character has gotten an Amiibo.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I wonder how long it'll take to get the icons on smashboards XD Do we need the stock icons from the gamepaly for that?

Indeed, I always felt they could do a lot more as a duel character then as part of rex.
I honestly didn't believe it could happen, even if I wanted it. Sakurai blew my own expectations on this one XD

zferolie

Smash Hero

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I should probably play more of Xenoblade Chronicles 2 - I haven't even gotten to the point where Mythra shows up yet.

Top Bottom